Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,042 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja (44969 Views)

Armed Robber Lynched To Death In Aba (Viewers' Discretion) / Robber Lynched For Killing Lagos OPC Leader (photo) / Armed Robber Lynched By Mob In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by tunex23: 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by nerodenero: 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
Well said.
itsMrIke:
That is the problem with military men. Always looking down on the police.
If he had stopped and identified himself to the policemen, he would be alive now. But they like to downgrade and insult police officers.
I feel sorry for you bro, but this could have been avoided.
I wonder why people still do jungle justice, una no fit beat person then hand am over to police? Haba!!! Animals every where pretending to be human beings.
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
jungle justice should be a crime in Nigeria
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Biggty(m): 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
So sad may his soul rest in peace
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by bluice2(m): 7:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
Naval officer might have triggered it. So many experiences down South. These dudes brandish guns at the slightest provocation even in plain clothes. All same very unfortunate incident
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by michaeltotti(m): 7:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
I think he's destined to die that day ..if not he would have heed what the policeman said...

anyway

may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Againstallodds: 7:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
Something must kill a man.
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by unclejb2(m): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
Islie:

http://www.cknnigeria.com/2015/04/naval-officer-clubbed-to-death-mistaken.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala
that is what u get when u think that a military identity or uniform automatically makes u become above the law. RIP to the dead!!
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by armadeo(m): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
Navy boys never go haywire?
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Paschal55(m): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
Not funny!RIP to d deceased...
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
Islie:

http://www.cknnigeria.com/2015/04/naval-officer-clubbed-to-death-mistaken.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala

Calling all Naval Officers.

Please report to duty in Abuja post haste.

Let any Okada rider be thrown into the lagonn..oh wait. Never mind. Just kill them first, shot dead and then kill them again for good measure.
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by fm7070: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
could have stopped at the police check point
military ego killed him

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by akigbemaru: 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
naval officer killed by barbarians?
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
Mobs! Why jungle justice? I wonder where this attack first, ask questions later mentality would get us as a country. As usually nobody gets nabbed for the crime. Navy officers might try to be uncivil and retaliate on community tho. RIP Sailor!
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
Skywalker5:
jungle justice should be a crime in Nigeria

It's actually a crime.

Many crimes occur in Nigeria with impunity.

One day will be one day when would deb lynchers will meet a superior persons family who will get revenge.
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Ewuro4: 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
Only in Nigeria. Kai!

RIP officer.
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by ezugegere(m): 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
That guy was my senior back then in secondary school. (Communnity Comprehensive High. Sch., Ogori). Can't just believe this happened to him. OMG! that's too bad! When are we going to stop behaving like animals?
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Burger01(m): 7:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
We should have law in this country banning all forms of 'jungle justice'. Offenders should be sentenced to life imprisonment. Suspected criminals should be handed to police, NOT lynch them! What's wrong with some people!?sad
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Gentlesniper(m): 7:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
I stil dey pity that community sha, especially the so called okada riders, tho they r a bit lucky it wasn't an army officer, bt on a serious note, this guy wud have averted his sudden death, atleast the police men weren't rude 2 him according 2 d report.
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by kobonaire(m): 7:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
RIP

(sadly, some poor elderly lady in the village may be the next victim of mob lynching because of 'witchcraft')
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by nationwide1(m): 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
itsMrIke:
That is the problem with military men. Always looking down on the police.
If he had stopped and identified himself to the policemen, he would be alive now. But they like to downgrade and insult police officers.
I feel sorry for you bro, but this could have been avoided.
I wonder why people still do jungle justice, una no fit beat person then hand am over to police? Haba!!! Animals every where pretending to be human beings.
The most sensible post on this thread so far. Military men behave as gods whenever and wherever they encounter police.

His death which was very avoidable should best be attributed to arrogance on his part, then barbarism on the part of the citizens who killed him. I wish Buhari can also change that mentality in the military when he comes on board.

My heart felt condolence to the family. RIP.

2 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by holyokoto(m): 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
Islie:

Cc lalasticlala

This young naval officer Commander Ugbodi from Oori town of Benue State. This his rank is called Lieutenant or Navy Lieutenant not Commander
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by DinhoMVP: 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
Question is why did he drive past the checkpoint even after warning from the police? Now the answer to that is simple - Our military and paramilitary officials think they are above the law hence they can drive against traffic, sirens blazing, molesting people to clear the way for them like they are some demi god and stuff...its so sad that a brilliant young officer like this would end up in such a brutal jungle justice manner...my heart bleeds for him! Only If He had just forgotten the fact that he was an "Above The Law" Personality for that Split second and obeyed the Traffic Police men He Probably would been alive today! RIP

2 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by natddon(m): 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
HOW are we sure of the story? A navy commander is d equivalent of a lieutenant colonel in d army and so cannot be moving about alone. Where was his orderly?

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
photos of Awi with his wife and son.

so so sad

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by holyokoto(m): 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
bright007:
I blame Buhari for this

all e-buharist who are pained because of my opinion should jump into the nearest lagoon.

that was how you blamed GEJ for your wife not getting pregnant , for the scorching heat of the sun as well as your food passing getting stuck in your colon.

what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander
kissI blame Buhari for this

all e-buharist who are pained because of my opinion should jump into the nearest lagoon.

that was how you blamed GEJ for your wife not getting pregnant , for the scorching heat of the sun as well as your food getting stuck in your colon

what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander

You will continue to drink panadol for another Man's headache, I wonder when the pain of Jonathan's defeat will leave you
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by itsMrIke(m): 7:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
nationwide1:
The most sensible post on this thread so far. Military men behave as gods whenever and wherever they encounter police.

His death which was very avoidable should best be attributed to arrogance on his part, then barbarism on the part of the citizens who killed him. I wish Buhari can also change that mentality in the military when he comes on board.

My heart felt condolence to the family. RIP.

I have seen them act like this first hand. Even young police officers do this to their colleagues on the road. It annoys me a lot.
One time I had a very bitter argument with a friend of mine after we were stopped at a check point. We were about four boys in his car, and the check point was in front of Area F police station. He just stated talking down on the officers for no just cause. I was irritated, just because you have a car doesn't make you better than policemen on duty.
I told him outright that he screwed up and that I didn't like what he did. It generated into a heated argument, to the point that he had to drop me so we don't fight. I just told my other friends they were wrong to allow him think he was right by keeping quiet.

It is really sad. This young man could have avoided being lynched if he had stopped for the police officers and identified himself.

3 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by holyokoto(m): 7:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
natddon:
HOW are we sure of the story? A navy commander is d equivalent of a lieutenant colonel in d army and so cannot be moving about alone. Where was his orderly?

Bro I thought I was the only one that noticed this. His picture there is no even the rank of a commander but far below a commander, that is a rank of a Navy Lieutenant , two major braids.
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by ManTiger(m): 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
He his so young and full of ego,
Assuming he took some minute to show his identity to the policemen on patrol,
he wouldn't have been mistaken for a robber.

Its so simple, show them an ID and you go free without questioning,
Instead, he drove past them...

RIP.

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by tete7000(m): 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
Goldenheart:
What a shame...!!!

Looks like anyone can be "mistakenly" lynched.

Akoba ada ba, olorun maje ki ari cry

Amin
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by holyokoto(m): 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
And I don't think there are armed robbers report intensively on that Abuja Kaduna road
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Williamso(m): 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
RIP... So sad...

PS.:
This young naval officer Commander Ugbodi from Oori town of Benue State has been killed
From that picture, he's a Lieutenant, not a Commander.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of The SARS Officer Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Oyo / Lagos Traders Who Preserved Beans With Sniper Arrested (Photo) / Cleaner Steals $2600 From His Boss & Was Caught. See How He Shared The Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.