Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,102 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD (32042 Views)

Buhari Reveals How Obasanjo ‘tolerated Him’ / How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday / Obasanjo Destroyed The POWER SECTOR - Atiku Explodes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by TheMadame(f): 10:05am On Apr 16, 2015
Ochereome Nnanna,a former national writer,who descended to an ethnic bigot.
Vanguard newspaper,formerly a national platform but decided to descend into a rag representing only Niger-Delta.

Back to the topic, Goodluck Jonathan destroyed the PDP because he failed to take responsibility for a single action during his administration. He surrounded himself with corrupt sycophants who only told him what he wanted to hear so he could wallow in his cluelessness. His overbearing and notorious wife was another nail in his coffin.
Jonathan destroyed the PDP and Obasanjo only helped him to bury it.

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by Intendy: 10:30am On Apr 16, 2015
jayfolarin:
Was it Obasanjo that stopped jonathan from building the 2nd niger bridge?

Did obj blackmail jonathan into not building new refineries and maintaining the existing ones?

Was it obasanjo that told Gej not to fulfil his promise of a stable electricity for nigerians in 4 years?

Abi it was Obj that wrongly advised jonathan to go about dancing shoki barely 24hours after Nyanya bomb blast?

Please stop this 'everybody against Gej campaign'!! Mr President was the sole cause of his own downfall. He failed nigerians and we treated his f.uckup at the polls. Simple

the writer of that article is a slowpoke
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by nokingasgod: 10:45am On Apr 16, 2015
Talk about inconsistent thought processes talk about this contradictive essay. After the writer developed his case against Obasanjo for most part of the essay, his conclusion simply exonerated Obasanjo of any wrong doing.

''Of course, PDP’s fall from power under the watch of President Jonathan was further helped by the President’s failure to take decisive steps when and where he needed to. This made him subject to blackmail. Jonathan surrounded himself with people who posed as his lovers but were actually deceivers. They took whatever they could from him and abandoned him when he needed them most. Matters were not helped by his sloppy handling of the Boko Haram insurgency, which grew from a small pox on the nose to a plague that wracked the whole nation.

Perhaps, if Jonathan had been a little more in charge and decisive, he would have prevented some of the little problems that ballooned to decide for him only one term in office. But Obasanjo was the headwind that chipped away, unchallenged, at the pedestal of his presidential power.''

Tell me, how can an organisation, political, social, economic or what have you, talk-less of a nation as delicate as Nigeria, survive under a leader who cannot take decisive steps? A leader who surrounded himself with pathological sycophants. A leader who was sloppy in handling a critical security issue. A leader who was not in charge.

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by nicklaus40: 10:49am On Apr 16, 2015
Jonathan is the architect of his own failure. *in mbaka's voice* who is fooling who actually grin

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by sodeide2013: 10:55am On Apr 16, 2015
I agree totally with seunfly
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by Olaolufred(m): 10:59am On Apr 16, 2015
free2ryhme:

The tale now over, we can look at the real reasons PDP failed. The owl cries in the night and a child dies in the morning, it must be the witch that did it. This sums up Nnana,s thesis on the demise of PDP.

Without writing volumes, the PDP failed because it consistently was anti people. Obasanjo was a mere catalyst to its disintegration. And I predict that if APC follows their foot steps, they will also be gone, sooner than later.

Jonathan by his weak leadership sealed the coffin with several big nails. Don't blame it on anyone else.

At the bolded, I am happy with you.
I voted for Goodluck in 2011,
But disappointed in him.
I voted all APC candidates in 2015. Because I wanted something new.
In 2019, by God's grace, I will vote against buhari if he mess up with this rare opportunity.
No sentiments, PDP destroy itself. Ebelle who has little or no leadership skill buried it.
OBJ only help them to self-destruct.

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by film2(m): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2015
Nobody destroyed PDP, the Nigerian electorates dismantled PDP and swept them from their treacherous rule for 16 years with our PVC's ...abeg PVC bad jare....PVC is commendation or sack letter from the Nigerian masses to their elected personnel after 4years...

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by juman(m): 11:28am On Apr 16, 2015
Obasanjo started the destruction of pdp, jonathan also contributed to the destruction, also jonathan's wife.
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by islandmoon: 11:31am On Apr 16, 2015
One of Jonathan greatest mistake is marrying a woman he couldn't control, the woman who started problem between Jonathan and Amaechi in the first place that made Amaechi to work against him and decamped to the opposition party.

4 Likes

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by islandmoon: 11:39am On Apr 16, 2015
PDP = Papas Deceiving Pikins
PDP = Fraud
PDP na Ebolaaaaaa. grin
PDP = share the money.. Tax payers money

We don suffer ooo.. PDP caged us for 16 years.
Nigerians has really suffered from stella Oduah kind of women, Jonathan Babes.
Those are women that can steal anything, even goat. Women empowerment Nonii
My respect go to Dora Akunyili
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by demandtruth: 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
onatisi:
Obasanjo didn't destroy pdp, JONATHAN destroyed pdp with his daftness,weakness,indecion,feeble mindedness and stupidity. If he had done the right things and had shown enough courage and wisdom in the face of nigeria problems ppl would have voted for pdp. The bitter truth is nigerians didn't reject pdp, nigerian only solidly and strongly rejected GEJ, peopl got tired of his weakness and attitude and decided to vote for someone they believe is capable . If pdp had presented any other candidate apart from gej it is most likely that they would have won . This article is definitely sponsored by obj or his friends in order to give obj a larger than life image ,so that it would appear that obj was the real mastermind of pdp downfall. But the truth is obj only keyed himself into a movement that was already on course to victory,even if obj didn't support apc openly ,gej would still have lost . So obj contributed NOTHING to the emergence and victory of apc. Obj is an opportunist that quickly spotted where the game will end and pitched his tent there.

Waooo,
Nigeria man.
You know all these and you still support, infact sweating,
on the eve and subsequent days of the presidential election that Gej
is the right candidate.

I must try as much as possible to avoid people like you.

Haaaaa. i fear ooooo

3 Likes

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by edydamsel(f): 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
i'm mostly happy that gej was defeated instead of been a president inside obj's pocket,the game is over by now some people here should be change by the apc change to see that they don't comment on sentiment rather than real fact. One thing in this nairaland is that anything said about a leader from a particular geographical zone others can not give a good comment where needed except their own person
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by Olaolufred(m): 1:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
demandtruth:

Waooo,
Nigeria man.
is the right candidate.

Haaaaa. i fear ooooo

OBJ = Jonathan's friend.
Onatisi = one of the sycophants that killed jonathan regime.

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by onatisi(m): 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
demandtruth:

Waooo,
Nigeria man.
is the right candidate.

Haaaaa. i fear ooooo
yes gej messed up. He had all the machinery and apparatus to win the presidential election but yet decided to follow the dictates of jega and tinubu until they led him to the slaughter house. Pdp would and could have won that election even in the south west,but the president stupidly withheld his support and felt dollars and prostrating can only win elections. Kudos should be given to south west pdp leaders that despite the limitations gej dumbly placed on himself ,they rallied a strong showing and fought apc ward for ward ,lg for lg. In osun state apc won with just 53%,if gej had done the needful pdp could have gotten at least 55 %in osun state ,apc won lagos with just 160000,many of which was even rigged figures ,pdp leaders were left with no money power or security backing to fight or stand for the party against the rigging machinery of apc in the south west . So yes I insist gej destroyed the party ,pdp is better off without him ,may we never have a leader like him again in our party .
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by 9jatriot(m): 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
dollarlander:
Jonathan failed because he destroyed the Oil and Gas industry. He made the business very unbearable to the IOCs and thus they began to sell off their assets and Jonathan and His wife and cronies bought them with Federal Government's money.

The IOCs began to let go their staff by sacking them enmass. An Oil and Gas staff is a pillar to more than 10 family members. So the effect of Jonathans greed has tremendous effect trickled down to the grass root and affected many so badly. He planned for his self demise. I don't pity him.

I pray that Baba Buhari will probe all the Oil and Gas mismanagement and take back all they have stolen.

You are correct about the O&G industry. I really never considered the implication in the way you have put it. Can you imagine that Shell totally left all their facilities in Warri and ran away. You can imagine the direct and indirect impact of that on small and medium scale industries and even real estate.

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by demandtruth: 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
onatisi:
yes gej messed up. He had all the machinery and apparatus to win the presidential election but yet decided to follow the dictates of jega and tinubu until they led him to the slaughter house. Pdp would and could have won that election even in the south west,but the president stupidly withheld his support and felt dollars and prostrating can only win elections. Kudos should be given to south west pdp leaders that despite the limitations gej dumbly placed on himself ,they rallied a strong showing and fought apc ward for ward ,lg for lg. In osun state apc won with just 53%,if gej had done the needful pdp could have gotten at least 55 %in osun state ,apc won lagos with just 160000,many of which was even rigged figures ,pdp leaders were left with no backing to fight or stand for the party against the rigging machinery of apc in the south west . So yes I insist gej destroyed the party ,pdp is better off without him ,may we never have a leader like him again in our party .

The thing is you flip-flop. That's the koko of the matter.

I'm not referring to what may or not. I called your attention to what you say
Gej is: weak, inconsistent, a failure etc. And yet, you prayed, fasted even
had a sleepless night that he should win.

Why should a man you call all that name lead a country like Nigeria?
To me you lack principle.

Moving Nigeria forward is what matter to me; i don't see someone you
now describe with all those adjective a better option.

4 Likes

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by onatisi(m): 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
demandtruth:

The thing is you flip-flop. That's the koko of the matter.

I'm not referring to what may or not. I called your attention to what you say
Gej is: weak, inconsistent, a failure etc. And yet, you prayed, fasted even
had a sleepless night that he should win.

Why should a man you call all that name lead a country like Nigeria?
To me you lack principle.

Moving Nigeria forward is what matter to me; i don't see someone you
now describe with all those adjective a better option.
obviously u only choose to see what u want to see in my first post . If u look at it very well u will see where I said the people voted against gej and not pdp,and they voted for someone they believed have the leadership qualities they need. I am a pdp supporter on the field and like it or not my loyalty to my party is high,gej may not have the leadership qualities to be the president but he was our candidate and he messed up. Now elections are over ,there is no pdp nigeria or apc nigeria ,all we have now is one nigeria . But that otuke fisherman destroyed what we have laoboured 16yrs to build . That is what is hurtful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by omegamhe(m): 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
If I would look at it from my own point of view... Obasanjo, himself is a man of many colors. It's like the kettle calling the pot black. Boko Haram issue, wnich I believe, nailed GEJ's coffin was the prevalent in OBJ's tenure. Poor electricity, which if handle properly will bring employment to many teeming youths, directly and indirectly, consumed so much money during OBJ's tenure. Some of the ministers OBJ used were in GEJ's cabinet. Who is actually fooling who in this country. All said and done, I hope the mass believe Nigerian's have in Buhari's tenure would materialize. And lesson's learnt during GEJ's tenure would create a better Nigeria for us all. We are all works in progress.
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by demandtruth: 2:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
onatisi:
obviously u only choose to see what u want to see in my first post . If u look at it very well u will see where I said the people voted against gej and not pdp,and they voted for someone they believed have the leadership qualities they need. I am a pdp supporter on the field and like it or not my loyalty to my party is high,gej may not have the leadership qualities to be the president but he was our candidate and he messed up. Now elections are over ,there is no pdp nigeria or apc nigeria ,all we have now is one nigeria . But that otuke fisherman destroyed what we have laoboured 16yrs to build . That is what is hurtful.

I understand your perspective. You are a party man to the core.

I am a Nigerian man to the core not withstanding i have other country
passport.

I see Nigeria of tomorrow from a perspective of positive change; moving
from retrogression to a different level. You see, any time i come into the country for the
past five years now, things are getting worse. From the airport to electricity. I chose not
to continue like this.

You should rather choose to stand with the people rather than the party. Afterall, is the
people you see, touch and not the party.

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by omegamhe(m): 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
If I would look at it from my own point of view... Obasanjo, himself is a man of many colors. It's like the kettle calling the pot black. Boko Haram issue, wnich I believe, nailed GEJ's coffin was prevalent in OBJ's tenure. Poor electricity, which if handled properly will bring employment to many teeming youths, directly and indirectly, consumed so much money during OBJ's tenure. Some of the ministers OBJ used were in GEJ's cabinet. Who is actually fooling who in this country. All said and done, I hope the mass believe Nigerian's have in Buhari's tenure would materialize. And lesson's learnt during GEJ's tenure would create a better Nigeria for us all. We are all works in progress.
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by onatisi(m): 2:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
demandtruth:

I understand your perspective. You are a party man to the core.

I am a Nigerian man to the core not withstanding i have other country
passport.

I see Nigeria of tomorrow from a perspective of positive change; moving
from retrogression to a different level. You see, any time i come into the country for the
past five years now, things are getting worse. From the airport to electricity. I chose not
to continue like this.

You should rather choose to stand with the people rather than the party. Afterall, is the
people you see, touch and not the party.
the damage is done ,the people have spoken and chosen who they want. All I can do now is to join hands with other nigerians to make nigeria a better place .

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by NobleG1(m): 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
praxisnetworks:
like your ancestors ....ajegbodo to wenikunra

That's all you dimwit can say.
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by demandtruth: 2:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
onatisi:
the damage is done ,the people have spoken and chosen who they want. All I can do now is to join hands with other nigerians to make nigeria a better place .

Moving Nigeria forward is a task. Nay, a debt for all that must be
redeem for the incoming generation so that they will drink and lick the
honey in the land of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by DNA9(m): 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
Warris PDP?
Warris APC?

All i view is same same bunch of murda4kers wit different outfit.. *simPle*
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by joshyzee1: 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
PDP should better go and regroup.APC needs to have a opposition at the next polls.

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by dBard: 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
HungerBAD:
I personally voted against Jonathan because of his wife.

That woman is OUT OF CONTROL and another 4 Years of Power would have seen her slapping Governors.

Jonathan is a weakling of a man, and Nigeria do not need weaklings.

He should as a matter of priority first work on his home front, and then we can take him serious. A man that can not tell his wife to dial down the tone with her Bus/Garage Rhetoric's and antics is not a man.

I Absolutely agree with you.
Though I personally think GEJ would have been a better choice to the president elect, truth is, Jonathan was a weak president and his wife took advantage of that, to turn the country into her private hustle.
IT was simply embarrassing to watch.

Well ,the silly woman refused to think, and now where/what has she left, what is her legacy

@o.p.. Obj's time is finished in Nigerian politics, and GMB will put the final nail in..
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by Ephemmm: 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Don't ever trust a yoruba man

Hi! brainwashed fellow tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by tomakint: 9:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
Obasanjo seems to be laughing now but it is crystal clear that in the not-too-far distance the Egba Chief will shed hot tears of regret for bringing this Country to her currenr pitiable state with his self-conceited attitude. A beautiful piece, excellently written and devoid of biased and jaundiced views!
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by Scatterboss(m): 10:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
tomakint:
Obasanjo seems to be laughing now but it is crystal clear that in the not-too-far distance the Egba Chief will shed hot tears of regret for bringing this Country to her currenr pitiable state with his self-conceited attitude. A beautiful piece, excellently written and devoid of biased and jaundiced views!

Lmao. GEJ till 2019.
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by tomakint: 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
Scatterboss:

Lmao. GEJ till 2019.
My old goat, I appreciate your following me up and down Nairaland cheesy grin but please I am straight look elsewhere. I am sure after your god I am next! Thanks for following me, but no thanks undecided
Re: How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD by Scatterboss(m): 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
[s]
tomakint:

My old goat, I appreciate your following me up and down Nairaland cheesy grin but please I am straight look elsewhere. I am sure after your god I am next! Thanks for following me, but no thanks undecided
[/s]

Dummy, Buhahahahaha. This old jobless he-goat is feeling important. Who wanna follow a wretched tanoid like you, have got no love for ugly psycophant like you. Your tribal marks alone makes me wanna throw up. Gosh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi / Communism In Nigeria: Why Not? / Fasoranti's Son Disputes Police claim and insists Fulani Herdsmen killed Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.