Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi (32080 Views)

New Photos Of LP Candidate, Peter Obi And Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed / Ali Modu Sheriff May Emerge As APC Consensus Candidate / Sultan: Something Worse Than Boko Haram May Emerge In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by EcoBrick: 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2022
A chieftain and presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Peter Obi, on Friday, said he is likely to emerge the party’s consensus presidential candidate for the 2023 elections.

He said it might be possible because he has the criteria as one of the world economy and social-political leader to address the present harsh conditions confronting the country.

He also appeal to the national leadership of the party, his co-aspirants and other concerned PDP supporters to considere him for the party ticket for the sake of equity and fairness.

Obi disclosed this while speaking to journalists shortly after he received the 2023 PDP presidential nomination/expression of interest form, purchased for him by a group known as “Young Professionals” to support his aspiration at his Onitsha GRA residence.

Speaking further, Obi said he should be considered on the consensus option, because, since the return of democracy in Nigeria, only late Dr. Alex Ekwueme, from the Igbo extraction has contested the party presidential primaries with Chief Olusegun Obasanjo in 1999 and lost.

According to him, and ever since then, precisely, from 2003-2019, no person like me from the South East Nigeria, under PDP has aspired the position again. My first outing in 2019 was to vice for Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. So I urged the party leadership to put this into consideration and make me it’s consensus candidate for the February 18, 2023 presidential election.

He, however, expressed confidence that he would be in pole position to clinch the presidential ticket of the party in a free and fair primaries, if the option of consensus arrangement for him did not come in place.

While thanking the group for the support, Obi assured them of his commitment to the future of Nigeria youths. And also to turn around the country for good, free of the trending security challenges.

The National Convener of Young Professionals, Mr. Daniel Ruben, from Warri, Delta State, who presented the forms to the candidate, on behalf of the group, said the former Anambra State Governor met the criteria used in the choice of a Nigeria presidential candidate for the group.

The convener said the group, an umbrella body of all registered professional bodies in Nigeria comprises of Medical Doctors, Engineers, Entertainants, Legal Pratictioners, Media, among others in alliance arrived at the decision based on the candidate’s (Peter Obi) experience in administration, management of economy and politics to support his aspiration.

“Competence capability, credibility, acceptability both locally and internationally, experience in administration, management of economy and politics, were the attributes seen in Mr. Obi, that motivated us to support him,” Mr. Ruben added.

Senator Uche Ekwunife, Hon. Sam Awaso, former Anambra State PDP governorship candidate, Mr. Valentine Ozigbo, Barrister John Okoli Akirika, among other party supporters were in attendance during the event.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/2023-i-may-emerge-consensus-pdp-presidential-candidate-peter-obi/

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by Nwodosis(m): 9:25pm On Apr 02, 2022
How many times will they tell you that this country is not for Igbos? All that Ekweme laboured in PDP, somebody from the prison took all that he laboured for in 1999.

129 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by Visocrate(m): 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ok in a time like this we actually need someone with high intellectual , sociopolitical ,philosophical and techo-Scientific capabilities to handle the affairs of this great nation not people that will reduce their ages to be elected so that they can come and loot the treasury. Peter Obi without any sentiment is such man , with proven record of transparent governance But because Nigerian politics is not about competency he will never surface they will say he is an Igbo man, but Nigeria is this BAD because we have denied the competent the opportunity to correct the mess of our ancestors that are still ruling us.

256 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by Bola146(f): 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
Let it be may

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by LeoDeKing: 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
This sense of entitlement seems to be inborn.

Emeka doesn't want to contest, rather he went about insulting everybody that he must be "elected" to be president by same everybody in a democracy-based leadership because is "his turn".

Obi now said he is contesting but already contemplating that real heavyweight politicians will shed their ambition so he flies the flag without contesting for the flag. angry

I repeat, this sense of entitlement seems to be in the blood. cheesy

315 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by 1bunne4lif(m): 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
Good

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by GTkester: 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
It's happening. They thought we are BMC

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by GTkester: 9:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nwodosis:
How many times will they tell you that this country is not for Igbos?

Shut up!

Who negotiated the existence of the fake unity called Nigeria. Who and who were in attendance when the British wanted to gift independence to Nigeria?

Nnamdi Azikiwe is his Name! It' was due to the political sagacity of Zik, cum his intellectual acuity, that made it possible for Nigeria to gain independence from Britain without fighting like the Americans did.

There's a reason Zik was referred to as the Zik of Africa! The world knows the Gargantuan contribution of this man in building a United Africa, an organisation that still runs today as African Union.

Yeah, Igbos were originally the grand chessboard of Nigeria, but unfortunately we lost everything when we lost the war. And as usual, we had to go through the humiliation that comes with losing a war. It's a normal thing that happens when people lose a war - They are treated very unfairly!

But the good news is that instead of the Igbos to sit on their palm, we picked up ourselves and tried to secure our backs through business, because money is everything, and slowly we are finding our selves back to politics.

And there's nothing 10000s of you can do about it.

Peter Obi to the world!!!

321 Likes 34 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by kingscare1(m): 9:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
My top 7 presidential choice for 2023 and their choice significance in order:

1) Osibanjo (Best Choice)
2) Peter Obi (Good Choice)
3) Amaechi (Fair Choice)
4) Wike (Audacious Choice)
5) Tinubu (Best From The Worst)
6) Atiku (Northern Cabal Choice)
7) Tambuwal & Saraki (Worst Choices)

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by Nwodosis(m): 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2022
GTkester:

Shut up
Thank you, are you happy now?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by blackboy(m): 9:33pm On Apr 02, 2022
And APC will present Amaechi the minister and ex governor whosw reputation is not clean as their consensus. Stilll APC followers and Nigerians will vote for him. We need to stop voting based on party or ethnic lines but for the best among the rest. If country good we all enjoy it. If country bad we all suffer one way or the other. No collect money vote or sell your votes

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by Jostoman: 9:33pm On Apr 02, 2022
APC don make life tire us

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by edmaraja: 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
So shall it be, Amen

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by funshint(m): 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
This guy is dreaming...now he'll know aspiring as a Presidential candidate is different from being easily nominated as a Vice President. He should go and convince Emperor Wike first then we'll know he's serious.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by shadeze: 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
It's written in the stars, no one can change it. Peter Obi will be the next president of Nigeria

112 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by GTkester: 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
funshint:
This guy is dreaming...now he'll know aspiring as a Presidential candidate is different from being easily nominated as a Vice President. He should go and convince Emperor Wike first then we'll know he's serious.

No one needs you to take him serious. You've to first take your live serious, before looking for whom to take serious.

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by shadeze: 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
funshint:
Go and sit down, Peter Obi is your next president.

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by LeoDeKing: 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
shadeze:
It's written in the stars, no one can change it. Peter Obi will be the next first president of Nigeria biafuro
Fixed. angry

219 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by GTkester: 9:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
LeoDeKing:
This sense of entitlement seems to be inborn.

Emeka doesn't want to contest, rather he went about insulting everybody that he must be "elected" to be president by same everybody in a democracy-based leadership because is "his turn".

Obi now said he is contesting but already contemplating that real heavyweight politicians will shed their ambition so he flies the flag without contesting for the flag. angry

I repeat, this sense of entitlement seems to be in the blood. cheesy

Oga shut up!

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by dizon: 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
Peter Obi is my consensus candidate

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by funshint(m): 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
shadeze:
It's written in the stars, no one can change it. Peter Obi will be the next president of Nigeria
Star lager you mean grin. Time to demystify this guy's political relevance. By the time the election is over this guy would have been roasted!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by PressMyButton: 9:42pm On Apr 02, 2022
Whenever I needed some jokes, I listen to the tiny voice of Peter Obi.
Dear people, Medical doctors went on 13 months strike under Obi the son of a liar. This liar couldn't pay doctors their salaries. Anambra generated the lowest revenue ever under this fraud while he looted the state's treasury in shell companies abroad.
We earnestly hope that PDP will be doing APC a huge favour of recording the earliest victory of any party in Africa if they handed this fraud their party's ticket.

314 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by samista: 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2022
Peter Obi 2023!!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by vibre: 9:46pm On Apr 02, 2022
I am voting for Peter Obi, consensus or no consensus, let those against him show me the candidate that you is better than him.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by Neminc: 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2022
He is the best candidate so far, if PDP are wise they should go with him as the consensus candidate

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by PressMyButton: 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2022
funshint:

Star lager you mean grin. Time to demystify this guy's political relevance. By the time the election is over this guy would have been roasted!
You can't demystify what does not exist. When you say Peter Obi has political relevance, it's like saying a stone is full of water. Has that fraud ever had any relevance since leaving office. Is there any decisions in PDP he has ever influenced. He is so irrelevant that he couldn't defeat Obiano's candidate even in his polling ward. Obi is a waste of choice.

300 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by Vinstel: 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2022
Peter Obi is the real tormentor of tinubu urchins, see all those tinubu urchins making noise up there, na Obi dey give them heart attack.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by tit(f): 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2022
So you are Buhari's choice?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by Megatrix: 9:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
Peter obi is like a moving train, you either Join the train or get out of the way or you will be crushed.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi by Pakute: 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
GTkester:

Shut up!

Who negotiated the existence of the fake unity called Nigeria. Who and who were in attendance when the British wanted to gift independence to Nigeria.

Nnamdi Azikiwe is his Name! It' was due to the political sagacity of Zik, cum his intellectual acuity, that made it possible for Nigeria to gain independence from Britain without fighting like the Americans did.

There's a reason Zik is referred to as Zik of Africa! The world knows the Gargantua contribution of this man in building a United Africa, an organisation that still runs today as African Union.

Yeah, Igbos were originally the grand chessboard of Nigeria, but unfortunately we lost everything when we lost the war. And as usual, we had to go through the humiliation that comes with losing a war. It's a normal thing that happens when people lose a war - They are treated very unfairly!

But the good news is that instead of the Igbos to sit on their palm, we picked up ourselves and tried to secure our backs through business, because money is everything, and slowly we are finding our selves back to politics.

And there's nothing 10000s of you can do about it.

Peter Obi to the world!!!
Mr Chestbeater, calm down and learn history. Because you may end up puncturing holes in your chest in this your quest.
https://www.nairaland.com/4101046/nigerians-signed-amalgamation-documents-1914

There is not one Okoro that is relevant in the scheme of things as far as Nigeria is concerned.

22 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rauf Olaniyan Impeached As Oyo Deputy Governor / ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention / Sọ̀rọ̀ Sókè, 10 Other Popular Trends Nigerians Used To “catch Cruise" In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.