Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (77647 Views)

Drone View Of Owerri (Photos) / Checkout The Aerial View Of Lagos Island During The Day And Night (photos) / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by morpheus24: 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
MzansiBeat:
You got your brain all twisted if you elevate xenophobia above your terrorists. It shows there's something which is seriously wrong with you. You need pyschological observation.

THey are not our terrorists, We have never claimed them nor do we make excuses for their actions.

Can't say the same about your XENOPHOBES though!

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Subom1(f): 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
Nigerians should come back home. I would rather be poor and at peace then suffer and live in a country that hates your guts and where violence is akin to drinking water.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 8:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
V0lv0:
lol there is no such thing as free education to foreigners. Foreigners are not allowed to study certain courses like medicine in SA, bursaries are mostly for the locals and no foreigner can get it. Sometimes if the person is extremely intelligent then here and there he/she will be lucky. They pay about 2-3 times more tuition fees than the locals and it all must be paid upfront.

Yes, there is. Young children of foreigners learn for free in South African government schools. Universities are a different story though, we pay too, so what's the big deal? And as for bursaries, why should South Africa overlook her own citizens & grant bursaries to foreign nationals? It makes no sense. South Africans, especially the blacks, have been neglected in the past, were refused proper education etc so it's only fair that this new generation, reap the rewards of what many of our mothers & fathers died for. Why must someone else be favoured when we also have our very own citizens who are desperate for the same kind of help?
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by morpheus24: 8:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
PunkyOh:

Yes, there is. Young children of foreigners learn for free in South African government schools.

Any sensible government will not leave a child uneducated, foreign or native. That's just plain stupid. Breeding ground for criminality. University level is different. That's on you if you want to go further.

PunkyOh:
Universities are a different story though, we pay too, so what's the big deal? And as for bursaries, why should South Africa overlook her own citizens & grant bursaries to foreign nationals? It makes no sense. South Africans, especially the blacks, have been neglected in the past, were refused proper education etc so it's only fair that this new generation, reap the rewards of what many of our mothers & fathers died for. Why must someone else be favoured when we also have our very own citizens who are desperate for the same kind of help?

Nobody has lobbied your government to give money for Tertiary education or any grants to foreign nationals. Private Scholarships is a different case. Its not government money.

Please tell your government to focus on you. Nobody wants free handouts from your government.

This is the nonsense excuse you people keep giving, day in day out.

Sickening!

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by V0lv0(f): 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
PunkyOh:

Yes, there is. Young children of foreigners learn for free in South African government schools. Universities are a different story though, we pay too, so what's the big deal? And as for bursaries, why should South Africa overlook her own citizens & grant bursaries to foreign nationals? It makes no sense. South Africans, especially the blacks, have been neglected in the past, were refused proper education etc so it's only fair that this new generation, reap the rewards of what many of our mothers & fathers died for. Why must someone else be favoured when we also have our very own citizens who are desperate for the same kind of help?
Madam, I was merely responding to an incorrect assumption that foreigners study for free in SA which is false as not even all South Africans study for free. The rest of the stuff you have mentioned I never said or implied.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 8:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
V0lv0:
Madam, I was merely responding to an incorrect assumption that foreigners study for free in SA which is false as not even all South Africans study for free. The rest of the stuff you have mentioned I never said or implied.

And I'm also telling you that they do study for free, the children. Or don't they count?
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by wildikeman(m): 8:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
[quote author=helpee post=32773434] and you are happy with the rubbish you posted here. So Americans don't have laws....why have they not been killing millions of illegal immigrants there? every prosperous country have one major challenge....how to reduce illegal immigrants. it's impossible to be prosperous and not have them. So because they are illegal the next thing is to start killing them. Thank God you said this is just your opinion. But your opinion my brother is a wicked one[/quote help me ask the brainwashed man oo... What are Nigerians looking for dia sef? Should have left dem to the mercy of the Boers!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by V0lv0(f): 8:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

Any sensible government will not leave a child uneducated, foreign or native. That's just plain stupid. Breeding ground for criminality. University level is different. That's on you if you want to go further.

Nobody has lobbied your government to give money for Tertiary education or any grants to foreign nationals. Private Scholarships is a different case. Its not government money.

Please tell your government to focus on you. Nobody wants free handouts from your government.

Sickening!
Exactly. It would be a bit ridiculous for foreigners to expect that from SA government cos at the end of the day the need to look out for their citizen's first. All we saying is stop the hate and killings. If they want them gone because they feel they are strong competition or stealing their jobs there are so many ways to go about this. Those who open shops why are the locals buying from there? Why don't they come together and support only local shops for example instead of looting and burning their places down.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 8:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

Sickening!

I have no time for you so whatever.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by V0lv0(f): 8:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
PunkyOh:

And I'm also telling you that they do study for free, the children. Or don't they count?
not all children study for free and what I was referring to was University tuition or did you miss that part?
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by morpheus24: 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
PunkyOh:

I have no time for you so whatever.

Is it because I speak the truth

***ITS OBVIOUS***in Julius Malema voice

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by wildikeman(m): 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
madejibo:
I believe that am discussing with well informed people on this forum, that said, I want to ask some questions:
Will you say that because Boko Haram has been terrorising us in Nigeria, we are terrorist country?
Will you sayy all white cops have been killing black civilians all white cops in USA are racists?

YES!!!!!
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by morpheus24: 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
V0lv0:
Exactly. It would be a bit ridiculous for foreigners to expect that from SA government cos at the end of the day the need to look out for their citizen's first. All we saying is stop the hate and killings. If they want them gone because they feel they are strong competition or stealing their jobs there are so many ways to go about this. Those who open shops why are the locals buying from there? Why don't they come together and support only local shops for example instead of looting and burning their places down.

Cause they haven't figured out how to practice GROUP ECONOMICS yet, they are trying hard to spend and live like White people in South Africa. A lifestyle they have coveted since the days of Apartheid.

You rand should circulate your community at least 8 to 10 times before it leaves into another mans hands but how do you want an illiterate from the township to understand that simple concept.

They are waiting for Bursaries from government

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by wildikeman(m): 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
ayox2003:
Thank you OP.

There's a psychological term called Availability Bias.

Availability Bias: Availability Bias is when a minor, rare, uncommon occurrence is publicized numerous times to make people believe it happens frequently. An example is how lottery companies advertise those who win the ultimate prize money, making people believe that they could be one of the winners. The 'advert' makes people play lotteries as much as they can. In the end, research has shown that 90% of lottery players never get to win at all while 5% wins just once or twice.

Calling SA a Xenophobic country is like calling Nigeria a human ritualist nation or saying India is a rapist country (Fact check: you're more likely to be raped in America than in India) or believing US is a racist country because cops shoot Blacks (Fact check: A black man is the president of the US).

That you hear of an occurrence in the news every other day doesn't make it the truth of the situation on ground. Mind you, most people with the Xenophobic chorus have never even been to the country.

Long story short: Xenophobia is just another availability bias swallowed by Africans hook, line and sinker.

Frawzey.
what in Hell is dis one saying na...? Isn't S.A aids and rapist country too. And besides is it only Nigeria that practices Ritual? Oga pack well abeg...southie Nyash kisser

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by steppin: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
MzansiBeat:
Why don't you live SAcans alone with their laziness! I prefer our SAcans' laziness to your fictitious industriousness and disgraceful promiscuity. With our laziness with have catapulted our status to be considered an advanced economy with a sophisticated financial system within a 3rd world continent. You'd shut the hell up if you were that smarter. Stop embarrassing yourself. Rational thinking fellow countrymen/women might even stone you. You exude nothing but envy of another sovereign country that has good prospects compared to yours. Instead of fixing your own socioeconomic & political problems, you are quick to notice other countries' issues. How about you start by fixing your own first?
Yeah, advanced economy, all thanks to the whites.
You guys contributed little or nothing to your "advanced economy".
So, sell your story to those who do not know about your country.
There are lots of legal/illegal immigrants coming into the US every year.
Have you seen them maimed or killed because they're foreigners?
South Africans got something they never really worked for, that's why they find difficult to adapt and live with others.
It's just like dashing out a hundred million dollars to someone who has barely enough to eat.
It's gonna drive him mad.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
V0lv0:
not all children study for free and what I was referring to was University tuition or did you miss that part?

All study for free unless you decide to take them to a better school or a private school. Oh & I do get that you were talking about universities, but I just don't get the point of the discussion since most countries don't provide free studies at university level-South Africa is no different.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Mordyb: 8:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
V0lv0:
lol there is no such thing as free education to foreigners. Foreigners are not allowed to study certain courses like medicine in SA, bursaries are mostly for the locals and no foreigner can get it. Sometimes if the person is extremely intelligent then here and there he/she will be lucky. They pay about 2-3 times more tuition fees than the locals and it all must be paid upfront.
this is very true

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by wildikeman(m): 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
efilefun:
all this traditional rulers self
just like what the Oba of lagos wanted to do!
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by V0lv0(f): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
PunkyOh:

All study for free unless you decide to take them to a better school or a private school. Oh & I do get that you were talking about universities, but I just don't get the point of the discussion since most countries don't provide free studies at university level-South Africa is no different.
Exactly my point I was trying to make to the person that said foreigners study for free. That's all. Please let me know about these free schools and where they are so I can share the great news smiley

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

Is it because I speak the truth

***ITS OBVIOUS***in Julius Malema voice

YOUR truth, doesn't make it THE truth. Once again, whatever.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
V0lv0:
Exactly my point I was trying to make to the person that said foreigners study for free. That's all

Ok
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by driand(m): 9:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

O boy, the suffering is more than $100 worth.

I rebuke it on your behalf in Jesus name.

If US/Europe weather happens to be like Africa weather(West Africa one, not that North Africa oooo cos the scorching sun in North Africa is as good as living in hell fire; nearly blind my eyes. I ended up with permanent glasses), why not. I will tell you to go for it.

It ll be like you are washing cars while standing in d Freezer at highest temp. You ll see those guys' eyes with weather tears.

The weather that made a white man who was born and bred in the country; standing by my side at a bus stop to scream and said "Bloody weather". I started laughing and he looked at me and said I hate this fvcking country.
thanks for the update, but sincerely speaking I'd go for it if I had the means, $100 daily would help put a brother on track again, for the weather I know it's not gonna be easy and I appreciate that fact, but still man gatz to hustle. .

Do you have any links or reliable means that can help me get there? Any atom assistance would be highly appreciated,

Thanks for your prayers.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by proudlyhandsome: 9:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
driand:
thanks for the update, but sincerely speaking I'd go for it if I had the means, $100 daily would help put a brother on track again, for the weather I know it's not gonna be easy and I appreciate that fact, but still man gatz to hustle. .

Do you have any links or reliable means that can help me get there? Any atom assistance would be highly appreciated,

Thanks for your prayers.

I ll only be part of your success not your failure.

Take your education as your priority for now and come back to me when you are done.

It ll be a legal immigration routine that would place you in the right place when you come.

I won't open my eyes and see my fellow Nigerian in that heart-trending situation.

I have seen many Nigerians who are in US/UK for over 12yrs without papers and their lives have been ruined completely. They left Nigeria at age of 35 to 40, spent 10 to 12yrs looking for unavailable papers and we r still counting

My brother, finish your education and come here through skilled workers scheme.

Or student route with prayers.........

Pls and pls, don't allow anybody to entice you with anything to come to US/UK as illegal immigrant oooo. Nigeria ll be like heaven to you as illegal immigrant. I went to a place to work on a contract basis. My first week there turned out to be the most horrible moment of my life, why? you need to see how my brothers and sisters were caged by their colleagues who have got their papers/white colleagues; they used them like slaves.

It got to a point dat I couldn't take it anymore and I started picking up their fights. I became a public enemy among my white colleagues. The company is filled up with Racists and dealt with them before my contract was unceremoniously terminated.

let me be practical here, asking you to come here as il legal immigrant is like asking my brother to go to Borno state.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
PunkyOh:

Don't waste your time with that one. Instead of her fuvvcking off she's busy saying things from her brain without facts.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by mikron(m): 9:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
PunkyOh:

punky my southie friend hw re u? I'm not happy about the story I keep hearing about what ur countrymen are doing to my brothers and by extension other black nationals in ur country. So sad
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by morpheus24: 9:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
BluIvy:

Don't waste your time with that one. Instead of her fuvvcking off she's busy saying things from her brain without facts.

Jealousy from the Motswana!

Leave my African sister alone

Voetsek!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
steppin:

Yeah, advanced economy, all thanks to the whites.
You guys contributed little or nothing to your "advanced economy".
So, sell your story to those who do not know about your country.
There are lots of legal/illegal immigrants coming into the US every year.
Have you seen them maimed or killed because they're foreigners?
South Africans got something they never really worked for, that's why they find difficult to adapt and live with others.
It's just like dashing out a hundred million dollars to someone who has barely enough to eat.
It's gonna drive him mad.

You stupid much though hey? You oil economy who owns it? Aren't you only getting royalties from white people to run your country and as now you are soley dependent on the oil income?
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
PunkyOh:

No, the South African government he been carving the university budget to give sponsorship to African students from honours, masters & phd.

To think that UCT students had to do a fundraising to pay for black students who faced expulsion from the university if the could not pay. While some Nigeria are getting scholarships for post grads. Everything plus pocket money. And this one comes to deny what the beneficiaries of that education are here saying out.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by morpheus24: 9:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
BluIvy:

No, the South African government he been carving the university budget to give sponsorship to African students from honours, masters & phd.
To think that UCT students had to do a fundraising to pay for black students who faced expulsion from the university if the could not pay. While some Nigeria are getting scholarships for post grads. Everything plus pocket money. And this one comes to deny what the beneficiaries of that education are here saying out.

Simple Solution, lobby your government to stop giving scholarship to foreign students,

STOP LOOTING THEIR STORES!!!!

Oloshi buruku e!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
mikron:
punky my southie friend hw re u? I'm not happy about the story I keep hearing about what ur countrymen are doing to my brothers and by extension other black nationals in ur country. So sad

TBH, I didn't know about this until I saw these threads here talking about it. I'm not much of a news watcher nor do I pay much attention to anything when I'm out minding my own business.

I'm against the Xenophobic attacks but I can't speak on behalf of anyone or make lame half-assed apologies for something I was not personally involved in. So yeah, I don't know what to say to this. It's just not right though.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by mikron(m): 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
PunkyOh:

TBH, I didn't know about this until I saw these threads here talking about it. I'm not much of a news watcher nor do I pay much attention to anything when I'm out minding my own business.

I'm against the Xenophobic attacks but I can't speak on behalf of anyone or make lame half-assed apologies for something I was not personally involved in. So yeah, I don't know what to say to this. It's just not right though.
i also spoke with 2 of my southie friends from Facebook soga and kuhle they both condemn the attacks too. I hope they stop these attacks as soon as possible. Hw have u been?
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

Simple Solution, lobby your government to stop giving scholarship to foreign students,

STOP LOOTING THEIR STORES!!!!

Oloshi buruku e!

I can smell your frustration. cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

See The Chinese Bullet Trains That Can Travel Betw. Lagos & Abuja & Back In 5hrs / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / Pictures Of Rock With Human Face In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.