Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (77650 Views)

Drone View Of Owerri (Photos) / Checkout The Aerial View Of Lagos Island During The Day And Night (photos) / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by esere826: 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
justwise:

To me that is the only sensible thing you have said so far. The killings can not justified simple.

Except i missed something
no one on this thread that is Nigerian or otherwise has justified the killings. All have condemned it.
all we've done is to present our world views in explaining what is happening and what can be done to stop such barbarity and prevent it from ever taking place in the future

Some have encouraged that the strategy for avoidance can be owned by immigrants, while some suggest that it should be owned by the government. Others suggest that the strategy should be owned by the SA citizens themselves, some suggest a mixture of ownership.

And yet, others are only content with condemning what is happening and then insulting anyone that does not share their world view of how such xenophobic attacks can be mitigated.

..correct me if i'm wrong

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by joshuaidibia(m): 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
madejibo:

Sir, there is a lot of 419, yahooyahoo in Nigeria, will you conclude that Nigerians are fraudulent?
The average South African is not xenophobic and that's the truth. Those guys that carry out these attacks are criminals using foreigners as excuse to loot.
Yes there is a campaign to stop this attacks, this goes to. Show that a majority want this to stop
You Sir, is a S.African.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by merricherios(f): 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
bro u need JESUS to teach you how to settle a matter rather than fueling it. may GOD help us all.we seem to have missed the whole point of this campaign. dude i saw a video of how a man was being killed, my ex bf is in south africa and am afraid for him. you havent seen any vid clip of this act thats why u can still shoulder a debate, if you have seeen then you will just want it to stop. not come here and speak english
adconline:
Just like Naija where tribalism and religious intolerance reign. Just recently concluded elections would have shown the xenophobic nature of Nigeria.. Kill the traitors and TRIBALISTS. Sectarian violence is always rife in Naija. BH started off targeting Xtains, now it has graduated into killing anything human. BH has killed 1000s of Naija more than RSA attacks. Let's face our front!!
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by sunnshyn(f): 2:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
Onilaiscool:
South Africans generally hate foreigners

its not abt them taking their jobs

I joined one of their facebook groups
when I told them I was Nigerian
they started acting mean 2 me

esp their bitchy girls

There are bitchy girls everywhere Onila...

In my opinion, SA chics are so easy and friendly. Ask any of your brothers or male frnds in SA. A beautiful SA chic as compared to a beautiful Nigerian chic isn't full of 'airs'. Come to SA and see the kind of chics guys from 'abule' roll with you'll be amazed. SA chics would like to be your friend irrespective of age or status...

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by MzansiBeat: 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
edwife:

Let me tell you something,i have lived in SA for 7 years,schooled and worked there.South Africans males are lazy and do not like education.In university you will find at most 5 males out of 35 students in a classroom.They love freebies,menial jobs,crime and live off their women(mothers or girlfriends).

A white SA will prefer hiring a black foreigner than a black SA.This killing did not start today,it has been there especially in Uni.
They have themselves to blame and leave foreigners out of it.
....AND THIS IS THE KIND OF STEREOTYPICAL ATTITUDE THAT SAcans CAN NEVER TOLERATE. YOU COME TO THEIR COUNTRY AND INSULT THEM LABELING THEM AS LAZY!!! HOW DARE YOU! IF THEY WERE LAZY, WHO'S KEEPING THE COUNTRY WELL MAINTAINED? ARE FOREIGNERS DOING THAT? DON'T BLAME SAçans BUT YOURSELVES AND YOUR STINKING ATTITUDES WHEN THEY REACT LIKEWISE.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by osystein(m): 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
justwise:
@osystein

Please stop reporting posts and asking me to remove them because according to you the story or images are fake. I have seen some of those images on my facebook pages posted by my SA and Zimbabwean friends, i have seen news clips about the barbaric killings.

It has been reported by BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32332744, stop denying the obvious.

Dude, there's xenophobia, but the images are fake. They're not related to what's happening I showed you a link to their source, totally unrelated. The story about ten Nigerians dead is false, check any reputable news agencies.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by donodion(m): 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
[quote author=madejibo post=32770893][/quote]
Op did you write this? If not give me the link let me go there and reply the simpleton.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by fe32(m): 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
osystein:

Those images are actually not to xenophobic related or South African, just random pictures from the net

the top is a strike that turned violent.
strikes turns violent
http://randburgsun.co.za/236653/strikes-turns-violent/

the other one isnt even South african

Infact all the gruesome pics about the events are fake.
http://www.channel4.com/news/durban-south-africa-xenophobic-race-riot-migrants
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by osystein(m): 3:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

I have seen some of those pictures, and a few of them were posted by my Zimbabwean and SA friends.

Regardless, didn't Nigerians also kicked all Ghanaians out of naija at one time cos Ghanaians were also allegedly taking all their jobs? The only difference is that Nigerians never had to go through the generational dehumanisation that South Africans went through - else they probably would have lynched some Ghanaians as well. And there are still tons of Ghanaians from that era who will never forgive Nigerians for that.

Anyway, I don't support the madness - just pointing out human nature. Regardless, ANC needs to grow some balls and sort these folks out. That is their country and they deserve more than those Afrikaans and other white folks controlling everything.

Post them and I'll show a link to their source, unrelated to what's happening now, some are as old 2008.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by fe32(m): 3:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
merricherios:
bro u need JESUS to teach you how to settle a matter rather than fueling it. may GOD help us all.we seem to have missed the whole point of this campaign. dude i saw a video of how a man was being killed, my ex bf is in south africa and am afraid for him. you havent seen any vid clip of this act thats why u can still shoulder a debate, if you have seeen then you will just want it to stop. not come here and speak english

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
lekpalicious:
You swear to God they are lies. So the news broadcasts and the people who live there and experiencing these issues are telling lies which South Africa are you at? It must definitely be the one in Timbuktu.
b4 u spew rubbish read what i typed carefully, i didnt say their ws no attacks i said it was exagerated, secondly i sworn when i said the life u people claim we are living here is false cos nigerian at home alwys see evryone in south africa as a drug dealer and alwys tink we are being attacked hw?, where and how? cos someone who is typing from LAGOON will decide life in south africa.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
d op is a xenophobic SA citizen. he is only using this medium to launder d image of dz xenophobic and animalistic nation.fact pple should know abt SA
they are d most ungreateful pple created by God on earth.
they are sexually perverts
they are xenophobic
they got different names for each African countries
every Nigerian is tag a drug seller
they envy and covert foreigners property
they can kill bcoz of a woman
they are full of shot n envy
d whole africa fought for their independence from their colonial masters.
they hates fellow blacks
a very idle generation..unskilled. .untrainable
SA is worst than biblical sodom and gomorrah
what d op written was a mere imagination of an image launderer.
I have lived in different province in SA and d story of xenophobia is d same.it is real...no gain saying...their male population is d worst on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by donodion(m): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
madejibo:
I believe that am discussing with well informed people on this forum, that said, I want to ask some questions:
Will you say that because Boko Haram has been terrorising us in Nigeria, we are terrorist country?
Will you sayy all white cops have been killing black civilians all white cops in USA are racists?

Ol boy u dey make me vex o...seriously....I was once in your school of thought but my eyes don open.... Don't aggravate us further abeg.. Seriously.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by edwife(f): 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
MzansiBeat:
....AND THIS IS THE KIND OF STEREOTYPICAL ATTITUDE THAT SAcans CAN NEVER TOLERATE. YOU COME TO THEIR COUNTRY AND INSULT THEM LABELING THEM AS LAZY!!! HOW DARE YOU! IF THEY WERE LAZY, WHO'S KEEPING THE COUNTRY WELL MAINTAINED? ARE FOREIGNERS DOING THAT? DON'T BLAME SAçans BUT YOURSELVES AND YOUR STINKING ATTITUDES WHEN THEY REACT LIKEWISE.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-nzJUXZjpT0o/VS-IMi2645I/AAAAAAAE-vA/eqpVYD7h5hY/s1600/4.png[/img]

7 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by eluquenson(m): 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
Black people with black behaviour
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by morpheus24: 3:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
MzansiBeat:

So labeling you as lazy now justifies you running an looting peoples stores.

Why can't you acknowledge that there is an underlining anger that has been brewing in your nation because of promises made by your ANC government to redistribute wealth to the poor and unskilled who have been waiting for these handouts.

In come the foreigners who somehow are able to adapt and use limited resources to establish and turn profits

Jealousy grows and excuses are made on your part because of the lack or failure or your under skilled or unskilled to compete against this so called "black foreign invasion"

YOu have White foreigners flooding cape town and other towns in south Africa setting up bread and breakfasts and other types of businesses, circumventing immigration laws and the likes but no mere mention of them in your rage. They get a pass as "TOURISTS" or "EXPATS" or you are simply afraid to touch them because you know the powers that be will come after you so you attack the weak.

You have your local whites hiring so called black foreigners in all types of business yet you have not stormed their areas to protest or loot.

Your government is so clueless that they are finding a hard time abiding by human rights laws they signed in accordance to harbouring refugees, controlling immigration and running the rest of government activities. Tell them to give up and give the power back to the DA_White run government if they can't handle the heat.

EXCUSEs! EXCUSEs! EXCUSEs!

6 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by osystein(m): 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
fe32:
fe32:

I've already addressed that video it happened in march, those aren't foreigners' here the original SABC report about that incident on youtube. https://youtube.com/watch?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6986998469

This article below explains where the video comes from.

true story of shocking "xenophobic" Video revealed http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/True-story-of-shocking-xenophobic-attack-video-revealed-20150411

"The video was seized upon on social media on Saturday morning as evidence of the violence against foreign nationals this week as xenophobic tension in South Africa rises, but the truth behind the footage is quite different. The video appears to relate to an incident in Rustenburg in March and there is no suggestion the victims of the horrifying attack were foreigners."
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by morpheus24: 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by iamord(m): 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
Batman123:
Some of you people are funny and are not much different from SA. Most Ghanaians came to Nigeria illegally like most Nigerians in Ghana right? This is the same stuff I have read SA people say about most foreigners also coming there illegally. It's a very stupid statement to make. Btw some Ghanaians were killed during Ghana must go. GHANA MUST GO was not better than what is happening in SA. Xenophobia is Xenophobia. All is equally bad.
well said. We all guilty. No one should try to seem unique and holy than the other.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by iamord(m): 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
chukzzy1:
did they kill any of the ghanians? Did Ghana contribute the $61bn dollars Nigeria spent on fighting apartheid from 1974-1994?
u are in dire need of a hot slap.. 61 billion from where You should be careful of the junk you allow into your head.. smh!
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by otiigba1(m): 3:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
who in their right mind goes to live in S Africa undecided that country full of umqumboti drinkers and low level "umu eta" oh! i forgot their "umaghosia" women with HIV angry
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by SirShymexx: 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
lekpalicious:
Bro they are killing the whites too especial the white afrikaans farmers but it's obviously worse with the black foreigners though and they hate us more

Oh well, that is bad poetic justice.

ANC just needs to find its balls before the cowardly pandering to nonsense ends up consuming all of them. Mbeki was going to take a stand like Mugabe - but they forced him out due to international pressure.

They need to bridge the economic disparities and lift those folks out of the shackles of poverty - before attending to other people. They deserve that privilege, and lack of it, is the reason why a lot of them a xenophobic. ANC failed those folks.

Look at the UK for example, there is no way any foreigner - either born here or from abroad - can have an economic leverage over ethnic Brits. That was how the country was built. Heck, even where I live - I see more simple white millionaires daily, than the number of foreign millionaires I read about lool. That is how you build a country to make ya people happy.

I will just say there is a systematic failure in leadership across Africa - from South Africa, to Nigeria, to Mogadishu. With too much intellectual frauds who don't understand the concept of nation building and governance. Hence the whole continent keeps creating monsters.

And those monsters they keep breeding are the xenophobic ones in South Africa; Nigerian boko haram, militants, fraudsters, and ritualists; terrorists in Somalia; and underdevelopments everywhere. So, folks need to stop singling out South Africa - they are just a different breed of monsters like all the other monsters across the continent.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by steppin: 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
MzansiBeat:
Your men are lazy and it's quite obvious.
From the way they butcher people, you'd think they were attacked, but it's just pure hatred.
Even Nigeria with their ethnic and religious violence, do not attack foreigners!
In the 80's, Nigerian govt deported thousands of foreigners back to their countries.
Why can't the South African government do the same?
They can't cos they might never be able to get cheap labour, since most of their males are fricking lazy.
You guys should STFU!

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
even if they are killing nigerians, some of our brothers would still refuse to come back to Nigeria.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by MduZA: 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
driand:
another xenophobic animal, and what would you do about people who tell about your true nature on social media?

pigs like you need panelbeatings...
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by MzansiBeat: 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
Just stay in your own slum kind of a country and get the hell out of other peoples countries period. Then you have nothing to complain about. If that's all what you believe SAcans so be it. You have Boko Haram, the rescue of the Chibok girls, and mosquitoes to worry about. Just stay in your prison of a country and refrain from sniffing other countries' issues with your big-flat charcoal nose. If you are tired of sniffing drugs, pound some yam and sniff it.
morpheus24:

So labeling you as lazy now justifies you running an looting peoples stores.

Why can't you acknowledge that there is an underlining anger that has been brewing in your nation because of promises made by your ANC government to redistribute wealth to the poor and unskilled who have been waiting for these handouts.

In come the foreigners who somehow are able to adapt and use limited resources to establish and turn profits

Jealousy grows and excuses are made on your part because of the lack or failure or your under skilled or unskilled to compete against this so called "black foreign invasion"

YOu have White foreigners flooding cape town and other towns in south Africa setting up bread and breakfasts and other types of businesses, circumventing immigration laws and the likes but no mere mention of them in your rage. They get a pass as "TOURISTS" or "EXPATS" or you are simply afraid to touch them because you know the powers that be will come after you so you attack the weak.

You have your local whites hiring so called black foreigners in all types of business yet you have not stormed their areas to protest or loot.

Your government is so clueless that they are finding a hard time abiding by human rights laws they signed in accordance to harbouring refugees, controlling immigration and running the rest of government activities. Tell them to give up and give the power back to the DA_White run government if they can't handle the heat.

EXCUSEs! EXCUSEs! EXCUSEs!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by morpheus24: 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
MzansiBeat:
Just stay in your own slum kind of a country and get the hell out of other peoples countries period. Then you have nothing to complain about. If that's all what you believe SAcans so be it. You have Boko Haram, the rescue of the Chibok girls, and mosquitoes to worry about. Just stay in your prison of a country and refrain from sniffing with your big-flat charcoal noise. If you are tired of sniffing drugs, pound some yam and sniff it.

Likewise tell your greed companies to pack their load and leave Nigeria. The blood suckers are looking for money as well they can make and repatriate back to you in South Africa.

Please tell them to stay in South Africa and do business as well.

While you are at it, tell all those Europeans who are illegal in cape town and johanesburg to leave the country immediately and stop setting up bread and breakfasts around the country

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by haul: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
osystein:

But you the one who said ten nigerians were killed, I told you that its untrue and gave you a source, but you still said that you don't care.
he be like say vodka never clear for your body,where you see me post 10 naija guys die? Oga nawa for u oo,dey shayo small small ooo.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by osystein(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
haul:
he be like say vodka never clear for your body,where you see me post 10 naija guys die? Oga nawa for u oo,dey shayo small small ooo.

Sorry bro, that was someone else.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by ShortBlackBoy(m): 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
madejibo:
My view on the Xenophobia attacks and the South African people. I will give a honest view as a Nigerian living in south Africa. Please note that this is entirely my view.
Let me first of all correct the notion that South Africans hate Nigerians, this is false, very wrong but I will get back to this.
The recent Xenophobia attacks started when allegedly the King of Zulu (alleged because I was not there) said the people should not wait for politicians before they chase out illegal immigrants back to their countries. This prompted locals of Kwazulu Natal to start looting foreign owned shops, in the process a South African woman was killed by a foreigner and this escalated the Xenophobia attacks.
These attacks were mainly in townships, which forced about 700 foreigners out of these affected areas. The South African government provided make shift accommodation for them.
Most foreigners that live in this townships are mostly foreigners that are on refugee status. In SA, we have a lot of these asylum seekers. It pains me personally when I see Nigerians going through harsh conditions to claim asylum. In the process of claiming this status, Nigerians lie and tarnish the image of Nigeria and a lot of South Africans know that these Nigerians are lying but they still approve their requests.
Back to the xenophobia attacks, most of these attacks are carried out by miscreants, who are in the minority and Nigerians are really not affected because you hardly find Nigerians living in the townships. Myself and my wife weren't even aware that it was serious until we started getting calls from Nigeria.
It escalated into the Central Business District of Kwazulu Natal (Durban) but in a swift response, the South African Police Service (SAPS) curbed the spread. In Durban's CBD, shops owned by South Africans too were targeted. There was apprehension that it was going to escalate to Johannesburg, yesterday, so a lot of shops in the CBD of Johannesburg were closed.
The president, Jacob Zuma has condemned it, South Africans on the streets have condemned it, more security agents have been deployed to the streets and peace seems to have been restored. Foreigners have been guaranteed safety by the SA government.
I said before that South Africans do not hate foreigners, actually they are warm people and I will give you reasons. I have schooled in SA, my wife too schooled in SA, a lot of scholarships and funding are giving to foreigners. How many African countries can do this? I have seen Nigerians going to the best schools in SA, from undergraduate level through to PHD level who enjoy absolutely free education, when I say absolutely free I mean it. This will include free accommodation and feeding. In some cases, some collect stipends.
A lot of Nigerians too abuse the hospitality and am so ashamed to say it. I won't even go into the dirty things which Nigerians do. I have been in a situation before that my wife suddenly took ill in the middle of the night and we rushed to a hospital, we got first class attention in a government hospital and it was free.
Yes, there are cases that as a Nigerian you feel that you are a foreigner, but seriously it is not anybody's fault. If you are an educated Nigerian and you schooled in SA, you are respected. If you have a white collar job, you are respected. A lot of Nigerians are Doctors, Lecturers, Engineers in SA. If Nigeria is right a lot of South African businesses want to move into Nigeria.
Also, a lot of Nigerians have married South Africans and you will see the spouses of the Nigerians ready to imbibe the Nigerian culture. This marriage issue, a lot of Nigerians too have abused it, Nigerians with wives at home have come to SA to marry for the sake of papers, some just marry for papers and a lot of South Africans are aware. The South Africans love our musicians and movies. The most popular station in SA (outside SABC) is African Magic because of. Nollywood.
In conclusion, have not heard of any Nigerian that was attacked in these recent clashes and I want to use this opportunity to thank those that contacted us to ask after our safety. We are fine!

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/inpictures/2014/11/pictures-cape-town-xenophobia-2014112192613270149.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/14/south-africa-xenophobic-violence-outbreak

http://ewn.co.za/2015/04/16/Academics-warned-government-of-potential-wave-of-xenophobic-violence

This is what you defend? God help you.

2 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

See The Chinese Bullet Trains That Can Travel Betw. Lagos & Abuja & Back In 5hrs / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / Pictures Of Rock With Human Face In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.