Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (77649 Views)

Drone View Of Owerri (Photos) / Checkout The Aerial View Of Lagos Island During The Day And Night (photos) / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by omoharry(f): 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

So labeling you as lazy now justifies you running an looting peoples stores.

Why can't you acknowledge that there is an underlining anger that has been brewing in your nation because of promises made by your ANC government to redistribute wealth to the poor and unskilled who have been waiting for these handouts.

In come the foreigners who somehow are able to adapt and use limited resources to establish and turn profits

Jealousy grows and excuses are made on your part because of the lack or failure or your under skilled or unskilled to compete against this so called "black foreign invasion"

YOu have White foreigners flooding cape town and other towns in south Africa setting up bread and breakfasts and other types of businesses, circumventing immigration laws and the likes but no mere mention of them in your rage. They get a pass as "TOURISTS" or "EXPATS" or you are simply afraid to touch them because you know the powers that be will come after you so you attack the weak.

You have your local whites hiring so called black foreigners in all types of business yet you have not stormed their areas to protest or loot.

Your government is so clueless that they are finding a hard time abiding by human rights laws they signed in accordance to harbouring refugees, controlling immigration and running the rest of government activities. Tell them to give up and give the power back to the DA_White run government if they can't handle the heat.

EXCUSEs! EXCUSEs! EXCUSEs!
ItHINK IS THE BETTER THE AFRIKAANS TAKE OVER
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by SirShymexx: 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
osystein:

Post them and I'll show a link to their source, unrelated to what's happening now, some are as old 2008.

Those pictures are real, brev. And all the Zim and SA chics I know have been spamming them all over Instagram since it started - with their own opinions on what is going based on what their relatives back home told them.

They can't be lying, can they? The whole madness is deeper than what emotional impulses can understand. Then you have got condescending African immigrants who never take time to study the history of whatever environment they find themselves in - hence most of them don't know how to act.

Anyway, R.I.P to dead and be safe.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by osystein(m): 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

Those pictures are real, brev. And all the Zim and SA chics I know have been spamming them all over Instagram since it started - with their own opinions on what is going based on what their relatives back home told them.

They can't be lying, can they? The whole madness is deeper than what emotional impulses can understand. Then you have got condescending African immigrants who never take time to study the history of whatever environment they find themselves in - hence most of them don't know how to act.

Ok bro,
But the gruesome images are unrelated to current events or south African, one is even an violent attack in Nigeria.

People are just recycling the same pictures, they probably just Googled random violent pictures from the web posted them as showing the xenophobic violence.

I'm sure you've seen the one in the link below about a strike that took place in 2014 which turned violent, nothing to do with xenophobia.

strikes turns violent
http://randburgsun.co.za/236653/strikes-turns-violent/

anyway bro, believe whatever you want.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by osystein(m): 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
omoharry:
ItHINK IS THE BETTER THE AFRIKAANS TAKE OVER

The first thing they'll do is chase all foreigners, and keep the borders locked, they're just as hateful, how many foreigners were there during apartheid.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by mikron(m): 5:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
ikiller:
I wish dstv and mtn would be asked to leave Nigeria
u forgot shoprite, chicken Republic, woolworth sasol and the rest

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by driand(m): 6:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
MduZA:

pigs like you need panelbeatings...
typical Zulu animal, human life has no value to an average Zulu.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by cybriz82(m): 6:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
If dis man come to my face n say he iz frm nigeria..I go shook 2 pin for him eyes...oga go n pratice how to lie abeg...ur lie no get grade..south africa warm or nt..no b warm we dey talk abt here..cus as far as am cncern der govt n sayin ntin in dis issue even der police aint doin ntin to stop dem frm burnin n lootin..oga go get urself a wheel chair abeg.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by proudlyhandsome: 6:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
driand:
sorry if I'm being curious here but @ an average of $20 USD If I can get upto 10 customers daily I'm good with that, because definitely at the end of the day after expenses and bills I should still have $100, for me that's not bad.

O boy, the suffering is more than $100 worth.

I rebuke it on your behalf in Jesus name.

If US/Europe weather happens to be like Africa weather(West Africa one, not that North Africa oooo cos the scorching sun in North Africa is as good as living in hell fire; nearly blind my eyes. I ended up with permanent glasses), why not. I will tell you to go for it.

It ll be like you are washing cars while standing in d Freezer at highest temp. You ll see those guys' eyes with weather tears.

The weather that made a white man who was born and bred in the country; standing by my side at a bus stop to scream and said "Bloody weather". I started laughing and he looked at me and said I hate this fvcking country.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by proudlyhandsome: 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
driand:
Can they get upto 15 customers daily?

They should be able to have more than 15 customers considering the numbers of customers with cars, coming to these mega stores to do their shopping. At least, I normally wash my car once in a week and I believe others do.

It might not be up to that 15 customers during the week but certainly at the weekend.

Below is headline on a local newspapers:

Illegal immigration arrests DOUBLE as officers target curry houses, Chinese restaurants and car washes

They are easy targets for immigration officers.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by TonySpike: 7:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

Bro, a number of those pictures are false. Yes, there are agitations for foreigners to leave the informal sector. I can't blame South African citizens though. This is a country where over 50% of the active population are unskilled. A large population of migrants from Congo and Malawi tend to be unskilled also. This is inadvertently placing pressure on the limited job offers for South Africa's unskilled populace. To complicate matters, the SA economy has been taking severe economy beatings over the past two years. The ruling government there seems to have lost grip and have been struggling to 'fix' the economy for almost 21 years in power. I think SA should take a cue and vote out the current government instead of facing helpless foreigners. On a serious note, South Africa has trained thousands of foreigners especially Africans, funding their postgraduate studies for over 12 years. This too, has elevated the research profile of SA with it being the only country in Africa with Universities among the top 3% in the world.

Finally, the situation is not as sordid as the pictures being posted online. Most of these mass actions happen around Durban townships like Umlazi, Isipingo and KwaMashu. These is where very low income-earners reside. But reports reaching me indicate that it is gradually spreading to Gauteng.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by morpheus24: 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
TonySpike:

Bro, a number of those pictures are false. Yes, there are agitations for foreigners to leave the informal sector. I can't blame South African citizens though. This is a country where over 50% of the active population are unskilled. A large population of migrants from Congo and Malawi tend to be unskilled also. This is inadvertently placing pressure on the limited job offers for South Africa's unskilled populace. To complicate matters, the SA economy has been taking severe economy beatings over the past two years. The ruling government there seems to have lost grip and have been struggling to 'fix' the economy for almost 21 years in power. if you are I think SA should take a cue and vote out the current government instead of facing helpless foreigners. On a serious note, South Africa has trained thousands of foreigners, funding their postgraduate studies for over 12 years. This too, has elevated the research profile of SA with it being the only country in Africa among the top 3% of best Universities in the world.

Many Nigerian Soldiers died in Sierra leone and Liberia fighting the RUF and rebel forces. They contributed to the peace the country enjoys today. Are we jumping up and down broadcasting it to the world.

Kenyans were attacked and over 100 of their students killed, They did not retaliate against ethnic Somalis living among them.

Why are these people looting, displacing families and causing havoc. Their governments failure has nothing to do with economic migrants in the country and they should not get a pass because they have done the things you mention above. There are ways of ensuring that you curtail immigration into the country. South Africa is not the only country handling a mass of immigrants into their borders.

TonySpike:

Finally, the situation is not as sordid as the pictures being posted online. Most of these mass actions happen around Durban townships like Umlazi, Isipingo and KwaMashu. These is where very low income-earners reside. But reports reaching indicate that it is gradually spreading to Gauteng.

I believe the government is overwhelmed with issues they are clueless to resolve and are passively in support of these uprisings as an excuse. Every response to their issues are aggression. Pulling down of statues, black foreigners, Land redistribution. The people have bent up anger and are looking for any excuse to lash out.

Look at the statement their minister of home affairs made right after the attacks and his demeanor and you will understand what I am talking about. If they want to these immigrants gone then make it a policy but get ready for retaliation and reparcussions. YOU CANNOT EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT AT THE SAME TIME

shikena!

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by madejibo: 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
I laugh when people say we should chase out MTN, DSTV, Shoprite and co from Nigeria.
My question is who will lose more? SA or Nigeria? My opinion we will lose more. First a lot of our citizens will lose jobs and you know the average worker in Naija is feeding 4 people. Businesses will be affected. I as a person detest MTN and I can't use their sim in SA or Naija.
If we drive foreign investors out, the international community will lose confidence in us. We need to talk to our FG to revamp our economy let our people too make money and invest in our country and give these foreign businesses a competition.
A nigerian was given sole right of premiership (Hitv) he squandered both profit and capital today Hitv is history. Standard Bank has over 50% in Stanbic in Nigeria, do you know how many people are employed in this Bank. South Africans come to Naija and add value to Nigeria's economy, they don't come and do menial jobs so I see no reason why we Nigerians should go to SA and "hustle" or become refugees.
That said, there is no justification for Xenophobia and I know no Nigerian has been attacked or killed in this recent attacks.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by SirShymexx: 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
TonySpike:

Bro, a number of those pictures are false. Yes, there are agitations for foreigners to leave the informal sector. I can't blame South African citizens though. This is a country where over 50% of the active population are unskilled. A large population of migrants from Congo and Malawi tend to be unskilled also. This is inadvertently placing pressure on the limited job offers for South Africa's unskilled populace. To complicate matters, the SA economy has been taking severe economy beatings over the past two years. The ruling government there seems to have lost grip and have been struggling to 'fix' the economy for almost 21 years in power. I think SA should take a cue and vote out the current government instead of facing helpless foreigners. On a serious note, South Africa has trained thousands of foreigners especially Africans, funding their postgraduate studies for over 12 years. This too, has elevated the research profile of SA with it being the only country in Africa with Universities among the top 3% in the world.

Finally, the situation is not as sordid as the pictures being posted online. Most of these mass actions happen around Durban townships like Umlazi, Isipingo and KwaMashu. These is where very low income-earners reside. But reports reaching me indicate that it is gradually spreading to Gauteng.

Big Tony Toni Tone, I understand what you mean but you know whatever the media get its filthy hands on - it is going to blow it out of proportion, especially the international media. And most still want ANC out of the place - for Afrikaans or Brits to get back in power.

Regardless, the buck stops on ANC's table, and the onus is on them to gradually move these folks out of poverty - and start giving them what Madiba promised them. They faced the apartheid demon by themselves (with indirect help from others) and they need to be taken care of, before others. They haven't even levelled the wide generational economic disparities - yet they are looking after others. I don't envy them at all. How many other African countries give free Uni education to foreigners?

I honestly don't think ANC can't fix the economy - they are just overfed cowards who don't want to rock the boat, and move away from Mandela's agreement. Perhaps when folks snatch power away from them, they will eventually wake up and start doing the right thing. Something just has to give and they can't leave these folks angry forever.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by ooshinibos: 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
merricherios:
did someone miss the fact that GHANIAN government first of all deported NIGERIANS before the GHANA MUST GO period?ehn. please, whatever it is, let us condemn killing in what ever form or reason it comes. this life wasn't given by man and shouldn't b taken by man. not even your own life should you take. yo all should stop this debate about if Nigeria did it before and jst condemn the act totally and honestly. its not jst African it hapns aluva the world.

Thank you for the enlightenment, I never knew that the Ghanaian government did the same deportation process as well before the Ghana must go era ,anyway , two wrongs don't make a right ..we are both guilty and it should not happen again
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by V0lv0(f): 7:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
madejibo:
I laugh when people say we should chase out MTN, DSTV, Shoprite and co from Nigeria.
My question is who will lose more? SA or Nigeria? My opinion we will lose more. First a lot of our citizens will lose jobs and you know the average worker in Naija is feeding 4 people. Businesses will be affected. I as a person detest MTN and I can't use their sim in SA or Naija.
If we drive foreign investors out, the international community will lose confidence in us. We need to talk to our FG to revamp our economy let our people too make money and invest in our country and give these foreign businesses a competition.
A nigerian was given sole right of premiership (Hitv) he squandered both profit and capital today Hitv is history. Standard Bank has over 50% in Stanbic in Nigeria, do you know how many people are employed in this Bank. South Africans come to Naija and add value to Nigeria's economy, they don't come and do menial jobs so I see no reason why we Nigerians should go to SA and "hustle" or become refugees.
That said, there is no justification for Xenophobia and I know no Nigerian has been attacked or killed in this recent attacks.
This is the same stance that South Africans are fighting for. Why can't you open up your own malls and shops etc and employ your locals(job creation) that way the money can stay in Nigeria and not flow out. Nobody deserves to be murdered and killed. There are other ways of dealing with foreigners if they want then to go. There are so many illegal immigrants in America but they are not getting this treatment. Even the worst SA criminals are not getting treated as such. Best thing would be To put SA on sanctions like how they did with the apartheid government otherwise xenophobia/afrophobia will continue to get worse and worse. Those that can go home should go home or try and save up money so that the can start something back home.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by kpolli(m): 7:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
But wait, if you didn't know about the attacks until you were called from Nigeria.... How did you know the exact details of how it happened? Was it news or hearsay (which means this is not your view at all)?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by V0lv0(f): 7:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

Big Tony Toni Tone, I understand what you mean but you know whatever the media get its filthy hands on - it is going to blow it out of proportion, especially the international media. And most still want ANC out of the place - for Afrikaans or Brits to get back in power.

Regardless, the buck stops on ANC's table, and the onus is on them to gradually move these folks out of poverty - and start giving them what Madiba promised them. They faced the apartheid demon by themselves (with indirect help from others) and they need to be taken care of, before others. They haven't even levelled the wide generational economic disparities - yet they are looking after others. I don't envy them at all. How many other African countries give free Uni education to foreigners?

I honestly don't think ANC can't fix the economy - they are just overfed cowards who don't want to rock the boat, and move away from Mandela's agreement. Perhaps when folks snatch power away from them, they will eventually wake up and start doing the right thing. Something just has to give and they can't leave these folks angry forever.
lol there is no such thing as free education to foreigners. Foreigners are not allowed to study certain courses like medicine in SA, bursaries are mostly for the locals and no foreigner can get it. Sometimes if the person is extremely intelligent then here and there he/she will be lucky. They pay about 2-3 times more tuition fees than the locals and it all must be paid upfront.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by TonySpike: 7:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

A recent economic stats says that over 40% of South Africans rely on some form of government welfare. This is one of the highest percentages I've ever heard so far. I really think the big problem is that the SA economy is shrinking and more people are looking for jobs. The economy is unable to create more jobs too.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by morpheus24: 7:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
V0lv0:
This is the same stance that South Africans are fighting for. Why can't you open up your own malls and shops etc and employ your locals(job creation) that way the money can stay in Nigeria and not flow out. Nobody deserves to be murdered and killed. There are other ways of dealing with foreigners if they want then to go. There are so many illegal immigrants in America but they are not getting this treatment. Even the worst SA criminals are not getting treated as such. Best thing would be To put SA on sanctions like how they did with the apartheid government otherwise xenophobia/afrophobia will continue to get worse and worse. Those that can go home should go home or try and save up money so that the can start something back home.

Sister, to be frank, even if every immigrant leaves South Africa, their situation will not change because the root cause of their problems are not Black foreign immigrants. If their government cannot figure out how to solve their issues now, what will be the difference when they leave.

They continue to complain that immigrants are draining their resources. These same immigrants pay taxes indirectly into the hands of their government whether they operate in the informal sector or not plus the fact that in total there cannot be more that 5 million immigrants in the country against 49 million black South Africans. If you extrapolate what the immigrants put in versus what they take out, you are left with very little resource being shifted over to them.

but try explaining that math to an illiterate from the township. Go figure!
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by TonySpike: 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
V0lv0:
lol there is no such thing as free education to foreigners. Foreigners are not allowed to study certain courses like medicine in SA, bursaries are mostly for the locals and no foreigner can get it. Sometimes if the person is extremely intelligent then here and there he/she will be lucky. They pay about 2-3 times more tuition fees than the locals and it all must be paid upfront.
I disagree with you and this is dependent on the University also. Most research-based postgraduate degree programmes in SA attract scholarships. This may also vary from school to school.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by madejibo: 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
kpolli:
But wait, if you didn't know about the attacks until you were called from Nigeria.... How did you know the exact details of how it happened? Was it news or hearsay (which means this is not your view at all)?
Read my post well, I said I didn't know it was serious until I got calls from home, immeditely I got calls I started looking into the situation, making calls and gathering info.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by blueblood1(m): 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:
some nigerians though, op you are formidably forming sophistication when you don't know the next south african that will wanna cause a harm on you. Sorry but are telling us SA is not a xenophobic country or what? Cause even the so few reasonable south Africans have launched a campaign against it(#stopxenophobia) and here you are saying things that are absolutely senseless. And you even concocted your lies that so many nigerians/foreigners are enjoying free
education, free blah blah blah. SMH
Anyway you can tell your tales by moonlight to the birds of the sky.
• South Africa is a xenophobic nation
• The whites south Africans are racist
• the black south Africans for whatever reason best known to them have this xenophobia against the other africans in their nation.
This is well known fact that every african foreigner living in SA knows and you op is also suppose to know this fact except you are entirely living in the south Africa of Jupiter.

Dude, did you get any form of education at all? You speak so ignorantly, its embarrassing!
Someone who live in SA is giving facts and you debunk them based on Hearsays and propaganda. Dude! Get some enlightenment

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by MzansiBeat: 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
steppin:

Your men are lazy and it's quite obvious.
From the way they butcher people, you'd think they were attacked, but it's just pure hatred.
Even Nigeria with their ethnic and religious violence, do not attack foreigners!
In the 80's, Nigerian govt deported thousands of foreigners back to their countries.
Why can't the South African government do the same?
They can't cos they might never be able to get cheap labour, since most of their males are fricking lazy.
You guys should STFU!
Why don't you live SAcans alone with their laziness! I prefer our SAcans' laziness to your fictitious industriousness and disgraceful promiscuity. With our laziness with have catapulted our status to be considered an advanced economy with a sophisticated financial system within a 3rd world continent. You'd shut the hell up if you were that smarter. Stop embarrassing yourself. Rational thinking fellow countrymen/women might even stone you. You exude nothing but envy of another sovereign country that has good prospects compared to yours. Instead of fixing your own socioeconomic & political problems, you are quick to notice other countries' issues. How about you start by fixing your own first?
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by V0lv0(f): 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

Sister, to be frank, even if every immigrant leaves South Africa, their situation will not change because the root cause of their problems are not Black foreign immigrants. If their government cannot figure out how to solve their issues now, what will be the difference when they leave.

They continue to complain that immigrants are draining their resources. These same immigrants pay taxes indirectly into the hands of their government whether they operate in the informal sector or not plus the fact that in total there cannot be more that 5 million immigrants in the country against 49 million black South Africans. If you extrapolate what the immigrants put in versus what they take out, you are left with very little resource being shifted over to them.

but try explaining that math to an illiterate from the township. Go figure!
Yes this is true. I find the statement that they are stealing our jobs quite ridiculous because before that person came what were they doing? Nada. There was this Somali guy who came to SA and started selling Tomatoes on the road, then lil by lil he started to expand and today he has his own shop and is driving a car. Within 2 years or so. If he can do it why can't the SAns? The society has become one of entitlement and blame. Its because of the whites or the foreigners are stealing our jobs. Even if all South Africans leave they will go back and blame the whites and if all whites leave then they will probably blame the Zulus/Xhosa. The blacks here have so much opportunities but they do not make use of them. My heart bleeds for what these people are going through now. If they don't want foreigners they should allow a reasonable time period for them to at least sell off their stuff etc so that they can go home.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by morpheus24: 7:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
V0lv0:
Yes this is true. I find the statement that they are stealing our jobs quite ridiculous because before that person came what were they doing? Nada. There was this Somali guy who came to SA and started selling Tomatoes on the road, then lil by lil he started to expand and today he has his own shop and is driving a car. Within 2 years or so. If he can do it why can't the SAns? The society has become one of entitlement and blame. Its because of the whites or the foreigners are stealing our jobs. Even if all South Africans leave they will go back and blame the whites and if all whites leave then they will probably blame the Zulus/Xhosa. The blacks here have so much opportunities but they do not make use of them. My heart bleeds for what these people are going through now. If they don't want foreigners they should allow a reasonable time period for them to at least sell off their stuff etc so that they can go home.

I pray it happens but I also pray that there is severe retaliation by all governments in Africa against this Heinous crime.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by SirShymexx: 7:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
TonySpike:

A recent economic stats says that over 40% of South Africans rely on some form of government welfare. This is one of the highest percentages I've ever heard so far. I really think the big problem is that the SA economy is shrinking and more people are looking for jobs. The economy is unable to create more jobs too.

The excessive welfare system, without creating more attractive opportunities is highly problematic. That isn't how you either pay back ya people or bridge the economic gap. There has to be a massive education drive, with incentives - to get majority of these folks back to School. Yes, the country is still relatively young - but by now, they should be ones running their own country, creating wealth and opportunities for one another.

However, the reverse is the case and it hasn't really changed much from the apartheid era. The minorities still own/control the overwhelming majority of everything and there has been a never ending capital flight cos a lot of them are moving out of the country, with the stolen wealth.

I dunno but ANC messed up and they failed those people. Those folks are hurting but too bad black Africans are on the receiving end.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by V0lv0(f): 7:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

I pray it happens but I also pray that there is severe retaliation by all governments in Africa against this Heinous crime.
I hope so too but unfortunately talk is cheap. Only when the West decides something will we then decide to do something about it which is sad.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by wildikeman(m): 7:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
madejibo:

Sir, to be honest SA society does not permit foreigners to "hustle". A lot of south africans are unskilled and therefor look for the hustling jobs. I don't think it is fair for a Nigerian or any other Nationality to go to sa and compete with their citizen. BTW the law in SA does not permit a foreigner to remain in SA if you don't have some skills which they call scarce skill or exceptional skills, so if you are living there without such skills you are either an asylum seeker or illegal.
Another set of people allowed to live in SA are business owners an by law your business must worth R5m. They have laws, we must respect their laws
they are wicked people... Soon we would start with them here. If I find one South african I may even kill him! Yes there's even shopprite good. And what about the illegal westerners...na black people who fought for your worthless freedom u target abi? How ungrateful . Degenerates!
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by kkkingx(m): 7:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
All boil down to Local indegene, un-schooled ad schooled sojourners,
first class care in SA outrun NG
marriage in SA, NG abuse it
xenophobical thought is worse than Bokoharam.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by MzansiBeat: 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
madejibo:
Yours is a rational comment which is uncommon in this forum.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by MzansiBeat: 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
kkkingx:
All boil down to Local indegene, un-schooled ad schooled sojourners,
first class care in SA outrun NG
marriage in SA, NG abuse it
xenophobical thought is worse than Bokoharam.
You got your brain all twisted if you elevate xenophobia above your terrorists. It shows there's something which is seriously wrong with you. You need pyschological observation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

See The Chinese Bullet Trains That Can Travel Betw. Lagos & Abuja & Back In 5hrs / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / Pictures Of Rock With Human Face In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.