Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos (3912 Views)

Ashes And Death: What Boko Haram Left Behind In Baga - BBC / Bayelsa Women Burnt To Death At Ahoada [Graphic Photos] / Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by petebroman: 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2009
sad They call this street justice.  sad . Very sad,

Video
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2009
Unfortunately, until the security problem and the lack of enforcement of laws is dealt with, I am afraid we will continue to see such barbaric acts all over lagos and Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by MrCrackles(m): 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Unfortunately, until the security problem and the lack of enforcement of laws is dealt with, I am afraid we will continue to see such barbaric acts all over lagos and Nigeria as a whole.

Agreed!
It is pathetic
!!! embarassed
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by Jarus(m): 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2009
When did this happen?
It was a common sight in Lagos around 1999-2001, but I've never heard of it happening again since then
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by mustafar1: 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2009
lagos is going to clamp down on "gated" streets next. without trying to fix the unsecure security we have.
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by PeeDaVinci: 5:46pm On Jan 29, 2009
if you have ever been robbed the armed robbbers, if your sister/girlfrend/frend/wife have been raped by these armed robbers, if you have ever lost a frend/family/loved one to these armed robbers b4, you will agree that this jungle justice serves them right, they are merciless in their operation, so, they dont deserve mercy too, call it jungle justice or whatever, they deserve worse than that!!! maybe i am speaking from my pains though, but that is the way i see it
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2009
I agree that these people do not deserve mercy but that does not in any mean mean that I believe this is the best way to handle the situation. We need a more effective system that processes these criminals in a legal way and not this barbaric way.
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by honeric01(m): 5:55pm On Jan 29, 2009
Normal thing, i even watched one live, they were using broomstick to choke one of the robber's d*ck, it was bad, but no one showed pity.
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by PeeDaVinci: 5:58pm On Jan 29, 2009
i agree that barbaric jungle justice is not good enough but what do u expect wen we have a weak judiciary (which only treats political cases), since civil justice is lame at the moment, let jungle justice continue
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Jan 29, 2009
I just think it is too terrible to continue. Gosh!!! I can not imagine why we have allowed this to continue for this long.
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by tpia: 6:31pm On Jan 29, 2009
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by Muza(m): 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2009
Jungle justice,i ddnt expect anything less from those illiterates.
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by TOYOSI20(f): 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2009
This dehumanizing vid is still very much in circulation?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Still having horrible nightmares of this animalistic treatment. . . . . cry cry

I mean whatever happened to Justice for crying out loud!!!! sad
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2009
tried watching the video but the video is no longer available. angry
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by ifele(m): 1:46am On Jan 30, 2009
Who wants to go back to Nigeria now? LOL.
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 30, 2009
They had no right. The "executors" looked like thieves themselves.
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 31, 2009
As gruesome as this is, i think the story would be different if anyone had bad encounters with men of the underworld.
Imagine if robbers come to your house, steal your money, shoot your pops, rape your mums and your sisters.
While this is barbaric, Nigerians have been terrorised so i don't blame people for closing one eye and burning this mudafu!ckers. I certainly am not man enough to stand there and watch a fellow human burn to death.
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by PeeDaVinci: 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2009
i wonder how many of you commenting on this thread have seen where armed robbers operate b4, i wonder how many of you live in Lagos. in many streets in lagos, the gates of the streets get shut at 6:00 pm because of these armed robbers, you can t really sleep well with one little money in your house because of this pple, the first thing you think of wen you arrive in nigeria is how will pple not know that i "just arrived" coz of these same sets of pple, these same armed robbers kill, rape, maim, steal, etc, even the police station is not spared; I acknowlege that this is barbaric, but since the judiciary is weak, let the ppple take the laws for punishing these pple into their hands, although the unfortunate part of this is that the innocent can be mistaken for the robber but this also happens in judiciary too - that an innocent person will be pronouced guilty.

and for those of you who dont want to come back to nigeria coz of this barbaric act, my 10 cent advice is that dont come to nigeria in the first place because of those robbers, they'll kill you to take your money once they know that you just flew in, dem no dey hear say ur money dey bank coz that will make u even more guilty to them

so, dont condemn the pple carrying out the jungle justice, but condemn nigerian police and judiciary for not adequately protecting the pple to the extent that pple are driven to commit this "barbaric" act!!!
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by MaiSuya(m): 5:19pm On Jan 31, 2009
Armed robbers? that's funny, cuz I thot they were just 'thieves'.
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by tpia: 5:33pm On Jan 31, 2009
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by oderemo(m): 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2009
@tpia
your swagger is on point. right there.
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by multebrain(m): 7:19pm On Feb 01, 2009
pls when was this i thought fashola has installed his ccvvor what did they call it is the man not doing a anything about security in lagos
Re: Shocking Video: Two Thieves Burnt To Ashes For Stealing In Lagos by Barcalee: 9:52am On Aug 03, 2021
Wait and get justice

(1) (Reply)

With Pictures Like This, I Weep For Nigeria, / Breaking News; Amaechi Loses Vp Ticket To Tinubu - Buhari/ Tinubu For Apc / Aisha Buhari And Her Daughters In The News Now (family Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.