Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government (23746 Views)

Candidates Jostle For Babachir Lawal’s Position At APC NWC / Governors Loyal To Tinubu, Atiku Absent At Meeting With APC NWC / Tinubu, Oyegun Row Splits APC NWC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by lalasticlala(m): 7:36am On Apr 16, 2015
The National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) yesterday met for hours to deliberate on how the party would form the government starting from the May 29 handover date.

The meeting, which was held at the party’s national secretariat, Abuja, was the first after its victory at the general elections. It lasted for hours, with a break to receive a British high commissioner at the national chairman’s house in Asokoro, also in Abuja.

According to a source at the meeting, issues relating to power sharing at the National Assembly, composition of transition committee, process for ministerial nomination and a review of the governorship election in Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Taraba states were discussed.

The source stated that the interest shown by the newly elected National Assembly members on the platform of the party to lead the Senate and the House of Representatives was of concern to the national leadership of the party.

He said the leadership of the party was trying to find a way to minimise the number of members aspiring to lead the 8th National Assembly.

The source added that the NWC members were setting out criteria for the selection of transition committee members taking into cognizance President-elect Muhammadu Buhari’s opinion on the king of people he wanted in it.

LEADERSHIP recalls that Buhari had last weekend, during a press conference in his hometown Daura, Katsina State, said technocrats would form the bulk of the transition committee.

It was also learnt that last Saturday’s governorship election in Taraba State was discussed and the party’s gubernatorial candidate was said to have briefed the NWC members.

Speaking to journalists shortly after the meeting, the party’s national publicity secretary, Lai Mohammed, confirmed that the party discussed the formation of the incoming government and other important issues. He said that the meeting, which will continue today, would come up with a final decision.

Mohammed hinted that recommendations had been made to the president-elect for consideration. He also said the party would challenge the outcome of elections in Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Taraba states.

http://leadership.ng/news/426003/apc-nwc-meets-on-formation-of-government

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by temitemi1(m): 7:39am On Apr 16, 2015
Going for NATIONAL CAKE grin grin grin grin... Apc... "CHANGE" grin grin grin. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by bewla(m): 7:40am On Apr 16, 2015
who b this guy above me u no get work . i think say una time done pass pls pls safe that nonsense for otueke home coming . BACK to my party thing after my time and mag i no get this invitation if them no want war reserve my sit una hear na me go pick minister of finance and petroleum if una no want trouble

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by ignis: 7:40am On Apr 16, 2015
Baba, please get rid of all corrupt people. Whether APC strong members or not....
We want this administration to be a corrupt free one.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by okotv(m): 7:46am On Apr 16, 2015
watching as they take Nigeria to the next level. Like if you believe

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by Ahmed0336(m): 7:47am On Apr 16, 2015
ignis:
Baba, please get rid of all corrupt people. Whether APC strong members or not....
He will only try cos most people that helped him to become what he is today are so f****** corrupt may God help General

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by theorbiters: 7:49am On Apr 16, 2015
For quite a while I've been feeling sorry for Nigerians who think that the APC led govt. is a govt. for the people. Nigerians believe that democracy is on a rise in this country, but ye are all wrong... You all fail to notice that APC is trying hard to consolidate their position as the only party in this country.. They are trying to make Nigeria their own property. If not so, why are they trying to raise dust on states where they lost the elections? Or is it only PDP that rigged the elections? When PDP was in power, everyone complained, Jonathan conceded, people called him a weakling, now APC is doing everything to make sure they win in every major hold if not everywhere in this nation, and Nigerians think it is all about change... Nigerians has sold a diamond, just to acquire a shinning stone and they are happy... Time would tell..

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by Rawani: 7:51am On Apr 16, 2015
Hopefully technocrats and not sycophants will be appointed. The party leadership should consider wooing Ribadu over, aside his disastrous political choices, the man is an asset to any administration. His knowledge and experience from his exploits at the EFCC will definitely boost the anti-graft efforts of the incoming administration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 16, 2015
Hmn Tanoids tho

I was in an Igbo church recently and was
surprised when the Choir raised the song
" Somebody say baba
Somebody say baba
Baba baba baba
Baba baba Mi loke

.I was surprised When most people didn't join
in the songs .On questioning one of my taniod
friends he replied

" The choir master is partial. He is becoming
tribalistic.He has been compromised.And we
cannot continue with him.How can he be
shouting Sai baba sai baba in d church of
God.Has the wind of change reached the
church of God.

We are not saying any baba grin

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 16, 2015
Now this should put a stop to propaganda from PDP and their supporters

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by Dannyset(m): 7:59am On Apr 16, 2015
Team lalasticlala
Did anybody see and take note of this---->
"The source added that the NWC members were
setting out criteria for the selection of transition
committee members taking into cognizance
President-elect Muhammadu Buhari’s OPINION on the kind of people he wanted in it."
All the APC bigwits put together accords The General his respect. He takes no shi.ts.
Now that's the kind of President we need. Not the one that has FFK, Okupe, Abatti and Mama Piss in charge.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by baralatie(m): 7:59am On Apr 16, 2015
grin
aah!they want to discuss his to collect their change money o!
wait until May 29!
haba!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 16, 2015
Hmn Tanoids tho ..

Recently after the Outburst of the Oba of Lagos , i was at an Igbo church for Sunday service when the Choir raised the song

Kabieyesi o ESE o
Ka ka bi ESE o ESE o
Oba mimo EMA se o
Atobajaye EMA se o

I noticed that nobody joined and sang in the song .On questioning an ibo friend,he replied
You cannot understand !!
Pls who understands grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by omenka(m): 8:02am On Apr 16, 2015
Lovely. My utmost prayer is to have technocrats fill up 70% of available positions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by akinsadeez(m): 8:05am On Apr 16, 2015
This is a very critical aspect of the incoming govt and the foundation laid now will to a large extent determine how well the govt will work. It is understandable that Buhari would have to compensate some of those who worked and battled to achieve victory for him but compensating politicians should not be done at the expense of having the right people in place. Buhari should remember that Nigerians are waiting for the realization of his campaign promises. He is still in the honeymoon period but the honeymoon can only last so long.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by englishmart(m): 8:21am On Apr 16, 2015
At the end of the day, everyone will go home with millions for sitting

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by baralatie(m): 8:28am On Apr 16, 2015
englishmart:
At the end of the day, everyone will go home with millions for sitting
correction,the party spent billions of naira
at least them go collect change!

1 Like

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by efilefun(m): 8:39am On Apr 16, 2015
expect the best from the winning team

1 Like

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by CyberTerrorist: 8:52am On Apr 16, 2015
Wetin concern me..
Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by dondo83(m): 9:21am On Apr 16, 2015
Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by stronger: 9:30am On Apr 16, 2015
Whatever they want to do, I am quite happy that they constantly re-echo the fact that their actions should be guided by GMB's strict insistence on competence and incorruptibility!!

It starts from the TOP!! SAI BUHARI!!

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by phantom(m): 9:34am On Apr 16, 2015
"They will review the governorship elections in rivers,akwa ibom and taraba". .....grin grin. Who else is getting excited.

1 Like

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by otr1(m): 9:38am On Apr 16, 2015
According to a source at the
meeting, issues relating to
power sharing at the National
Assembly, composition of
transition committee, process
for ministerial nomination and
a review of the governorship
election in Rivers, Akwa Ibom
and Taraba states were
discussed.
We can not afford to fail, coz some embittered elements in this country are really wishing Buhari-led government will not succeed, so these set of imbeciles must be put to shame. Only people that are capable of making things work should be appointed in this government and anyone who can not prove his worth should be replaced, coz we have a point to prove and we don't have plenty of time before the next election.

However, I feel the guber polls in Akwa Ibom and Rivers States should be left un-reviewed. Only that of Taraba is important and must be secured at all cost.
Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by Blackchampion(m): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2015
Well....

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 16, 2015
But why?
Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by ahaasaj: 9:53am On Apr 16, 2015
hmmmm
Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by seunfly: 9:53am On Apr 16, 2015
ignis:

Yes I support you, however I think corruption depends on the tolerance of the main man. You can put a dog to guard a chicken and it will guard it safely while the same dog can steal the chicken, it depends on what u pass to your dog.

Hope you know what I mean?
Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by reedsat: 9:54am On Apr 16, 2015
Do you want to become a professional web developer and make social websites like
Facebook Learn it now in just 2 weeks!
Visit this link and start learning for FREE! >>
http://faced2087..com/ Hurry Now!
Offer Closes Soon!
Re: APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government by adeapor: 9:54am On Apr 16, 2015
so fast

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Multiple Blasts Rock Damaturu, Scores Feared Killed / President Buhari At The UN Headquarters (photos) / The State Of Ajeromi LGA Roads(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.