Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,942 members, 7,821,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa (53824 Views)

IIhan Omar Sworn-In In USA As First Female Muslim Lawmaker (Photos) / President Al Bashir “escapes” From South Africa / Nigeria To Start Evacuating Citizens From South Africa On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Onyi4live(m): 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hmmm obanikoro! Until our brodas n sis head start to roll b4 FG will do smtin... Ok make we de watch...

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by anigold(m): 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
chymystique:
That's a very good step and what FG should do but am wondering if most Nigerians in SA are willing to Come baCk home??
For those coming back, What adequate provisions and welfare package does the FG have for them here in Nigeria?... Its not Just evacuating them to naija and leaving them stranded with nothing doing here...

forgot provisions of anything, Nigerians in SA should come home ooo. LIFE is More precious than anything oooo.

am shocked to realize that south africans could even bite the fingers that feed them,NIGERIANS PLAYED a huge role in liberating those ingrates from apartheid.

well if our government were performing their responsibilities I dont think Nigerians could move to a place like SA..

I really hope buhari can keep to 20% of his compaign promises...
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
njays24:
These SA need to know Nigeria was instrumental to their freedom during the apathied. The way they even treat us in our own soil is another. Just imagine adding 1k to my usual Dstv subscription; They've seen that Nigerians will not protest nor attack them.

Ousie wee! DSTV is not for poor people, if you cannot afford it please port to NTA or whatever. This noise about a luxury offering that is not by force to subscribe to, is now irritating. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by morpheus24: 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
BluIvy:

Are reflecting from the topic?Until Botswana makes a evacuation of Batswana, lets stick to the evacuation of Nigerians for now.
Why do I sense anger in you about this evacuation? I thought it would be welcomed? Or am I wrong?

You are wrong.

Sorry!
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by ThisMeansWAR: 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
BluIvy:

True dat! Now evacuate Nigerians from the land of the vampires & blind bats. Or you just get an orgassssm by just insulting SA? Here is an opportunity to do good towards our country men, NO!!!! Instead lets insult the SA?

NICE ONE!
get off my mention you dingbat
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by anigold(m): 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
iyatrustee:
The thing is, are the Nigerians there ready to come back home?

I remember when the Govt evacuated Nigerians from Libya some 2-3years ago, a lot of the returnees complained of neglect and lack of oppurtunity.

What has changed now?

when there's life there's hope.
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by prof800(m): 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
donnypool:

I'm Okpe from delta state. My point is that, the I.diot said something bad about southern Nigerians, Meanwhile people from the south don't travel much compare to the major ethnic group (especially ibo and yoruba)
Obviously, you are confusing "Southern Nigeria" with "South South". They mean two different things.

Historically Nigeria is NORTH and SOUTH, going by the 1914 amalgamation.

The man wasn't referring to your south south... he was referring to the entire Southern Nigeria.

Cool your nerves and forget about your tribal sentiments. He meant no harm, he was just stating facts.

Cheers. wink

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by morpheus24: 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
BluIvy:

Ousie wee! DSTV is not for poor people, if you cannot afford it please port to NTA or whatever. This noise about a luxury offering that is not by force to subscribe to, is now irritating. lipsrsealed

****DSTV MUST GO!**** in south African accent.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

Wena. you are outnumbered here.

Wena, you think I care? tongue
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by anigold(m): 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
iyatrustee:

How would they loose? You guys forget that these Multinational go into patnership with some Nigerians.

lady when the chips are down there's nothing like partnership...
taking someone's life is the crime above all other crimes..
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Jdesilentkiller(m): 5:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
Let's all ask our concern lawmaker, what arrangement on ground were provided to cater for the returnees, like accommodation, jobs etc.

You people couldn't protect your own citizens from BH in the north, your pipeline from militants, OPC was flexing muscles before corruption disbanded them. Let tell ourselves the truth!!! Bringing them back won't solve anything in fact let's just advice our other African brother country to unilaterally place sanctions, trade embargo, close their embassies in each country and use all those scary diplomatic words(sanctions, trade embargo, etc), that will force the South African govt to do the necessary.

Truth be told, holocaust didn't prevent the Jews in settling with the Germans, Rwandan genocide is a case study despite being a brother to brother crime and the BH deadly attacks in the north didn't prevent Easterners and southerners from doing businesses in the northeast. What makes us think that machete wielding, malnourished and highly myopic South Africans will chase our people from that Colonial compensation called South Africa.
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by anigold(m): 5:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
geedeex2:
This xenophobic attack continue to fester and I gathered from friends over there that the government of south Africa is afraid to fight it's citizens for fear of loosing votes. They were once slaves but forgot in such a hurry. They have suddenly lost their senses and affableness ,the derring-do of other African countries during the time of apartheid, subjecting them to this malarkey act. "Murder" is unjustifiable, killing fellow Africans with temerity is highly barbaric, inhumane sickening and untenable .I pray there are no reprisal for this susceptible dastard act.Racism is a joke compared to this .

xenophobia is a misnomer in this context.

What are Nigerians still doing in south Africa? It's not worse off back home.

seriously life is not that bad in naija, people are honestly making it everyday I know its a bit easier in SA and other western countries...

I am doing just fine,and I know millions of other Nigerians who are living comfortable in this cointry
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
get off my mention you dingbat

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by anigold(m): 5:11pm On Apr 16, 2015
sonofspada:
This can't happen if Mandela was around undecided

I think madiba was the only SA with a conscience..

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

You are wrong.

Sorry!

So, its not welcomed?

Get it, now! SA is soo great that people would rather die there than go home? Mmm, alright! undecided
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by kraftykc(m): 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
talk2tosep:
Someone is making real sense from this goverment ....but pls let me know how much yu willing to pay before you evacuate us...

Pay to evacuate you? To save YOUR life?

Lol, I see a walking dead man people.
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by ThisMeansWAR: 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
BluIvy:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
how many Zimbabweans and Malawian blood have you sucked today? Savage!
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by lordthree(m): 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
south africans should be banned from nairaland as wellgrin
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

****DSTV MUST GO!**** in south African accent.

100% behind you on this one, but the prices are not coming down. Sadly for poor people. tongue

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by anigold(m): 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
Anaskie:
Its funny how everybody is crying foul.

Few days ago, some people on this same forum were saying similar things...only that it was being directed at the Igbos.

Its surprising to see some of these same people who were threatening to start killing all Igbos in Lagos, castigate the South Africans.

Despite the contradictions, Im glad to know that they still have some little conscience left in their cold hearts.

When we cannot accommodate our brothers in the same country, how can we expect same from foreigners?

Im not trying to whip up sentiments. Just saying my mind.

Anyways, the South African govt should do something about the situation before it escalates.

its normal for brothers of same parents to quarrel,but its an abomination for brothers not to unite against foreign aggression....
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Charlotte323(f): 5:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
cry Honestly I'm so ashamed of the way my fellow citizens are treating our African brothers and sisters cry its so barbaric and shows lack of education.#GodsaveAfrica

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by lebete3000: 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
chymystique:
That's a very good step and what FG should do but am wondering if most Nigerians in SA are willing to Come baCk home??
For those coming back, What adequate provisions and welfare package does the FG have for them here in Nigeria?... Its not Just evacuating them to naija and leaving them stranded with nothing doing here...

Even the ones wey dey here one comot go there & dem never do anything for 'em talkless of those wey dey come...na underbridge some ppl go sleep.
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
lordthree:
south africans should be banned from nairaland as wellgrin

embarassed Ok oo, will take the ban, for our country. We cannot force ourselves on NL if Seun chooses to ban us.

Btw, Just Ice from Travel section gave me a serious ban. I still don't know what i did. I think he was angry at SA. I just waited out my ban and now I am back. tongue
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
BluIvy:

You guys are just joker. Who cares about what SA economy will be like? Your minister is offering to evacuate Nigerians and instead of giving here support you are busy counting the JSE's losses? Are you guys serious? You are just blabar mouths. Are you now the finance minister of SA, unless you are being hypocritical. undecided
you can doubt me all you want, the multiplier effects your barbaric actions will have on your economy won't be funny. mozambique is already protesting massively against SA businesses..ode
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Chigold101(m): 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
chymystique:
are you saying that FG should wait until after making adiquate arrangement before they go on airlifting them back to Nigeria? Lolzzz

The first thing is to airlift them out of danger zone before talking of what they will do here or what they will not do.

Those of them that have legitmate earning should by now have removed their money in SA banks getting ready to run for their lives.

When they come back all of them have villages where they came from, they should proceed to their villages & home state instead living in one refugee camp.
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Dav24(m): 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
Empty threat! when did the well being of Nigerians became a source of concern to boko haram? let them stop playing with the intelligence of Nigerians. Idiots!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
persius555:
As foreign financial support from australia, UK, america continues to dwindle, the south african economy now depends a lot more than before for foreign exchange repatriated by its franchise companies in other african countries like kenya, nigeria, ethiopia, ghana, congo etc. On the otherhand, the south african local manufacturing and service economy is 90 percent dominated by its local firms. If the rest of africa decides to pull the plug, the south african economy would be worse off for it. Africa needs africans for growth. These attacks are a disgrace to the entire global black race. Very unafrican.
exactly what i'm telling that mumu bluivy, when buhari won their JSE was boosted 12% because of MTN..
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by landinfo: 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
It painz me when Nigerianz say "if Mandela were alive, Xenophobia would not have been happening" as if Xenophobia started yesterday nite.....

Even Mandela their "JesusChrist" did not find an answer to this & neither would the other politicianz cos one way or the other, the South Africa politicianz benefits from this nonsense going on...

Note: google what the President, Zuma's first son said & then U would know that they are all in support of what is going on.....
All SouthAfrican politicianz support what their citizens are doing& remember that some on the internet as we speak....

Reveal trade secrets or…

Instead, in late January the country’s Small Business
Minister Lindiwe Zulu said foreign shop owners must
share their trade secrets with people in townships
where they operate to curb violence and looting.
There was no pushback against Zulu, and her
statement seemed to signal how sections of
South African leadership remain ignorant about the
rest of Africa. The foreigners who have been killed in
this round of xenophobic rage are almost all Somalis
and Ethiopians.
However, Somalia is still a broken country without
much schooling, let alone ones where business
secrets are taught. And Ethiopia remains one of the
most state-controlled economies on the continent,
with little room for teaching freewheeling enterprise.
Critics say that in promoting the view that immigrants
have some trade secrets, officials are encouraging
the harmful idea that there is a conspiracy by
outsiders to take over local businesses,
and disempowering South Africans by not making the
point that foreigners learn trade skills through a
desperate struggle to survive away from
their homelands.

Inflaming violence

Fresh comments by some government ministers and
public officials criticising the influx of foreign-owned
shops may also be inflaming the situation, according
to human rights groups.
On March 23, the Durban-based Mercury newspaper
cited Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithini as saying
foreigners were depriving South Africans of
economic opportunities and should return home.
The king’s office said his speech was misinterpreted.
Even one of president Zuma’s sons has seemed to
back the attack on foreigners. On Tuesday , just days
after his father had spoken out for the first time
against the attack, Edward Zuma, returned to the
subject for the second time in days, saying: “I am not
going to stop telling the truth. The government must
stop running away from addressing this issue…” he
said, according to News24.
“People think that I am being xenophobic but I am
not, I am just trying to make a point that we have a
problem…. I am sticking to what I said and I will die
with it.”
He said the attacks were evidence that the country
was sitting on a ticking time bomb, and called for
those in the country illegally to either leave or
present themselves for documentation.
Without publicly disowning his son’s views,
few foreigners are likely to take Zuma seriously.
Not surprisingly, the attacks spread. Foreign-owned
shops in the Jeppestown area of Johannesburg were
attacked overnight, the police said as they called for
calm over fears that the attacks could trigger
widespread unrest fuelled by the country’s economic
troubles.
The strongest South African rejection of xenophobia,
has come from outside the state. Fed up with the
situation, thousands of people marched through
Durban on Thursday to protest against anti-
immigrant violence.

Culled from:

http://m.mgafrica.com/article/2015-04-16-as-foreigners-killed-in-s-africa-and-investors-risk-perception-worsens-zuma-to-address-parliament-on-attacks#.VS_hMOtw1YA
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
iterator24:
you can doubt me all you want, the multiplier effects your barbaric actions will have on your economy won't be funny. mozambique is already protesting massively against SA businesses..ode

You don't get it do you? We deserve what is coming to us. And we will have to deal with it.

Now back to the topic, please support the evacuation of your fellow country men. 24 hours has started counting already. That's the koko of the matter, joor!
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
iterator24:
exactly what i'm telling that mumu bluivy, when buhari won their JSE was boosted 12% because of MTN..

You missing the point and your insults do not matter. Why do you care for barbaric people? How is it your concern unless you hold share on MTN? I know Nigerians are self serving they care only about themselves and money, so I know our well being is not your concern

What is really your concern?
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by mek2002(m): 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
The call is rather getting late. Other African countries have started evacuating indigens
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by dejavuh0007(m): 5:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
BluIvy:

If he was poor he won't be able to afford a dstv in d first place r£tard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? / Eritrea Government Made Polygamy Mandatory: Eritrea Trending On Twitter / Trump Again Denied Knowing Parnas. So Parnas' Lawyer Posted More Robust Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.