Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa (53845 Views)

IIhan Omar Sworn-In In USA As First Female Muslim Lawmaker (Photos) / President Al Bashir “escapes” From South Africa / Nigeria To Start Evacuating Citizens From South Africa On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by DIOSHEYI(m): 3:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
Is at that a signifacnt step nd if I may ask where are they evacuating them to ?
I hope is to Texas shaa or Finland or new swizerland etc.......................not this Nigeria shaa
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by m1500: 3:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
As mismanaged as Nigeria is, people are legitimately still surviving and succeeding in Nigeria. I[b]s Nigeria such a hell on earth that we would rather [/b]be clubbed to death like poisonous snakes on the streets of South Africa??? Please my people come home. You can legitimately survive and succeed here also.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by zicoraads: 3:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ifa hear cheesy
When boiz don hustle enter SA, gov't de yarn rubbish.
Dem no go see one person for that airport cheesy

Except the ones dat will use it as an avenue for free transportation home. After which de will go back when it has calmed.

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Sandydayz(f): 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
Create Job for them, their needs too so they can be independent and they'll come back home..... I want them to come home too... But I don't want them to turn thieves, kidnappers and drug dealers just cus they want to survive... So Govt should do the needful, You can't just tell them to come back home and u expect them to come running like dogs with their tongue sticking out....

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
They shouldn't worry, Bokoharam is coming to the rescue. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2259946/boko-haram-gives-south-africa

Who send them work You they really have no focus.
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by philips70(m): 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
Meanwhile Obanikoro the emergency minister of state for defence is tweeting no Nigerian has been affected as gathered from the SA authorities.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by tabletgirl: 3:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
You dont know what is happening. Watch the videos. Poverty is better than death at least there is hope when there is life!

I've not been myself since i saw one video on someone's phone. A full grown Nigerian woman, stripped completely lying in the middle of the road, they use full block (building block) to hit her repeatedly like the Aluu treatment, people jumping on her head, kicking her oh Lord embarassed cry cry cry cry cry.
chymystique:
That's a very good step and what FG should do but am wondering if most Nigerians in SA are willing to Come baCk home??
For those coming back, What adequate provisions and welfare package does the FG have for them here in Nigeria?... Its not Just evacuating them to naija and leaving them stranded with nothing doing here...
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by ceejayluv(m): 3:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
sonofspada:
This can't happen if Mandela was around undecided
Happened in 2008...
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by LAX89(m): 3:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
chymystique:
That's a very good step and what FG should do but am wondering if most Nigerians in SA are willing to Come baCk home??
For those coming back, What adequate provisions and welfare package does the FG have for them here in Nigeria?... Its not Just evacuating them to naija and leaving them stranded with nothing doing here...

The same "adequate provisions and welfare package" people living in Nigeria are enjoying, or they can stay in SA and get killed/maimed, its their choice!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Meti99(m): 3:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
honestly
i don't know the hush about south africa. i think we need to develop our own country and make it admirable to other africans, rather than this humiliation from these zulu gambaris.

i think they took time to build their country to the taste of foreigners.
::::

we can as well do it, thaz why i represent CHANGE

Our leaders have failed us.
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by MrSunesis(m): 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
Does anyone see the things we toy with when we let our rulers say evil things against other ethnicities?

We narrowly escaped something like this during the elections when the threat was made to a major tribe.

We should be thankful that God got to us just in time.

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by ugojamali(m): 3:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
chymystique:

They have families to support them. That is the Nigerian way. Nobody sits his lazy ass waiting for government to support him. Government won't do anything for them. Securing their lives is enough.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by ugojamali(m): 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
ollah1:
This can't happen. They South Africans woud lose.

Bye bye to

Mtn
Multi choice
Shop rite

Add yours

The people carrying out these attacks do not care one bit about Mtn and shoprite cos they benefit nothing from those companies. They are the poorest of the poor. The issue is that their country has failed them but since they are too cowardly to fight their own government, they blame and take it out on foreigners.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by caprini1: 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
MrSunesis:
Does anyone see the things we toy with when we let our rulers say evil things against other ethnicities?

We narrowly escaped something like this during the elections when the threat was made to a major tribe.

We should be thankful that God got to us just in time.
God loves Nigeria so much,but some of us are yet to see this..

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by morpheus24: 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
I propose they evacuate all Nigerians out of the country and in retaliation ban all South African multi national companies from operating in Nigeria and revoke all licences

In addition ban all South African artists scheduled to perform any where in Africa and all SA workers and send them back home to SA

BOycott all South African products.

BOYCOTT SAA airlines

BOY COTT Shoprite

All other affected African countries should follow suite.

In the words of my guy 9ice_ LEts go there!

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by tablu: 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
No need to evacuate, the dust will clear! And I bet u not many nigerians will be willin to return in a hurry! Remember SA is amongst the most developd countries in africa they will figure out a way to sought the problem!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/xenophobia-rep-calls-for-evacuation-of-nigerians-from-south-africa/

Very welcomed idea! Only that Nigeria will always talk but never follow up with action. undecided
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by morpheus24: 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
tablu:
No need to evacuate, the dust will clear! And I bet u not many nigerians will be willin to return in a hurry! Remember SA is amongst the most developd countries in africa they will figure out a way to sought the problem!

Evacuate the ones that are not doing anything there.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by morpheus24: 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
BluIvy:

Very welcomed idea! Only that Nigeria will always talk but never follow up with action. undecided

They need to evacuate you back to your fatherland as well

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by ugojamali(m): 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
Rick9:
Those Nigerians in south Africa would never return to Nigeria. One thing I love about we Nigerians is our survival instincts, we can survive anything anywhere anyday anytime anyhow... Cos any wich way na way

Sometimes you should read news online. Google and you'll see stories of everyday suffering Nigerians go through in foreign countries in the name of survival. They die and are subjected to all forms of abuse, insult and pain. It's not survival. It's foolishness. A typical southern Nigerian would prefer to pack shit in south Africa than drive an air conditioned cab in Nigeria. Why? Just because he wants to brag that he's living in south Africa. Once again it's not survival... It's foolishness.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by nickxtra(m): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
See clueless Obanikoro. Is it untill Nigerians are killed that you will take action?
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by morpheus24: 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
ugojamali:

Sometimes you should read news online. Google and you'll see stories of everyday suffering Nigerians go through in foreign countries in the name of survival. They die and are subjected to all forms of abuse, insult and pain. It's not survival. It's foolishness. A typical southern Nigerian would prefer to pack shit in south Africa than drive an air conditioned cab in Nigeria. Why? Just because he wants to brag that he's living in south Africa. Once again it's not survival... It's foolishness.

I agree 100%

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
ollah1:
This can't happen. They South Africans woud lose.

Bye bye to

Mtn
Multi choice
Shop rite

Add yours

This is the problem you people have, do not concern yourself about SA and their losses, as the minister said evacuate your people. Finish & klaar! South Africa will sort its losses out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by tablu: 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

Evacuate the ones that are not doing anything there.
them go tell u say them dey wait for alert from GMB...till then they rather die there.
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by osystein(m): 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:
I propose they evacuate all Nigerians out of the country and in retaliation ban all South African multi national companies from operating in Nigeria and revoke all licences

In addition ban all South African artists scheduled to perform any where in Africa and all SA workers and send them back home to SA

BOycott all South African products.

BOYCOTT SAA airlines

BOY COTT Shoprite

All other affected African countries should follow suite.

In the words of my guy 9ice_ LEts go there!

Compared to the 2008 violence, do you think the situation is worse or as bad?
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Desmog21(m): 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by tsdarkside(m): 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
she is doing her job..EVACUATE....TO HELL WITH SOUTH-AFRICA...angry angry angry
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
taiwoflb:
What south African's don't know is if all foreigners should leave they can't sustain their economy and the nation may collapse

I don't understand Instead of supporting the call to evacuate Nigeria you are here lamenting about SA economy?

South Africans started this so whatever happens to our economy should not be worrying you but will give some good lessons to us.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by ugojamali(m): 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
The sad thing is that south Africa is not better than Nigeria. True they have a few beautiful cities but the majority of their citizens live so far below the poverty line. The root cause of these attacks is poverty. Only a few people are middle class in SA. I wonder why Nigerians go there and suffer hardship plus humiliation. There are beta opportunities here. I'm yet to see a Nigerian guy that made money and came back home with it from south Africa. They're always returning with poverty and lamenting about how government seized their properties and stuffs.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by osystein(m): 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
nickxtra:
See clueless Obanikoro. Is it untill Nigerians are killed that you will take action?

seems you're the only that knows that no Nigerian has been killed YET
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
BluIvy:

This is the problem you people have, do not concern yourself about SA and their losses, as the minister said evacuate your people. Finish & klaar! South Africa will sort its losses out.
MTN alone made \$2.4 billion USD in Nigeria in 2014.. now this is just MTN. .. rand, and JSE will cry should Nigerians react

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by ThisMeansWAR: 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
chymystique:
Why should government prepare any package? Is saving their lives from South African savages not enough? Did anyone force em to go to southafrica? Once they repatriate them and delivered home safely, government should also find a way of protecting their properties over there.. That's the best package there is. The ones that want to die there should stay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? / Eritrea Government Made Polygamy Mandatory: Eritrea Trending On Twitter / Trump Again Denied Knowing Parnas. So Parnas' Lawyer Posted More Robust Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.