Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! (4481 Views)

Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision / Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 / Am I Making The Right Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by pak: 11:34am On Apr 17, 2015
freecocoa:
Na wa o.

Pak come and advice this lady please.

This type of stories make me weak.

You know love the way it is used is such a funny phrase ?

Based on regular usage of the word, I'm sure the guy doesn't love him but there's a bit of a twist here actually.

But first things first, forget about marriage totally for now !!!!!!!

About the twist, the funny thing is, aside from the baby issue, the person having the more unhealthy attachment is the man not the woman.
If he wanted to walk away, he definitely would have, I shouldn't let the poster know this but he is attached to you and he resents that fact and the sad part is that you are making things extremely easy for him.

I don't have full details but i can wager that if you move out of his house or wherever it is you are staying, and heaven helps, you start 'dating' someone else. This guy would go baloney. From the story, he wouldn't stay with you if there was no pull you have over him. It's not just about sex, you said he has other ladies already. You validate him in some ways. I mean why would a man want to sleep with a woman who just had CS and a new baby if he has other options.
You just don't have a soft spot for him, he also has a big soft hole for you. He'll deny it all he can.

It's some sort of psycho anomaly.
Its understandable when a guy tries to put down a girl he wants out of his life.
It's understandable when a guy builds up a girl he wants in his life
But when a guy puts down a girl all the time and yet still want to retain her around him, then that's serious unhealthy emotional conflict.

You've not told us about his pattern of relationships (past relationships et al), if he is well off career wise, if he is physically abusive and all that but if what you've said is accurate,
The best advice is to just walk, cut your losses and walk. Pick up the pieces, you've lost a part of your life to a jerk. Try to salvage the remaining

but then I know how hard it is for a woman who has a baby with a man to move on and from your tone, you don't sound like someone who wants to so I'll give you the middle of the road - take a break from him for a long period, get some fresh air, go visit a family member in another part of the country, go learn french or swimming or something different. Start a new relationship if you can (It doesn't have to be sexual)
That period will allow you assess him properly and most importantly allow you to have your head clearer.

I might be wrong but this is an instinctive response for me, hope it helps.

N.B. If physical assault is involved in anyway, disregard all the advice above and just pack your bags and run this very night without informing him. If possible inform the police about your need to be protected

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by Dyt(f): 11:41am On Apr 17, 2015
Pak
kiss kiss
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by abimbola74(m): 11:47am On Apr 17, 2015
takleboy:
Listen to me earnestly @u, the deal has bin done wit a baby on ground. U av come to know him and to bear him upto this point some ravages av bin done though but i beg u not to jeopardise d whole tin d more, he is a hardguy no doubt abt that but he is so bkos of d way u presented yourself and d way u handle. I aint gonna say u shud dump him who knows d next guy u get may do more sabbotage, alot of guys outta dia these days are very stupid and i am not innocent of that too. I advise u to giv him a long break and nucture him to become d kind guy u desire, brk every affection, care, not even d cheap sex he gets from u shud b allow anymore for d main time untill u fix his damn asshole. I hope he changes or at least he gives u good reason to get going wit him
God bless u bro,u'r right nd 2 fnk of it,she knew from d beginnig dis guy dosn't luv her...my advice goes thus,mke sure u pray 4 him 2 change evryday nd u cn evn talk 2 ya pastor mayb he can be of help spiritually.my dear,don't deceive urslf by cmin in2 conclusion of lvin him cos u dn't knw wat d nxt guy might do 2 u.........u just hv 2 b strong and I pray God will see u thru dis hard tym...

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by austine4real(m): 11:57am On Apr 17, 2015
u dying gradually if u dnt knw wait tll u marry and see hell grin grin grin
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by bukatyne(f): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
babyosisi:

Maybe she doesn't realize that there are 7 million men within a fifty mile radius of her that could do exactly what he does in bed and even better with more gbim gbim apparatus.

I was weak after reading the story

What does she see in the man?
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by BJ4REEL(m): 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
I wish you were my younger sister, i would've flogged sense into that brain of yours.
Damn........
Are men this scarce?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by Emeraldey: 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
pak:

You know love the way it is used is such a funny phrase ?

Based on regular usage of the word, I'm sure the guy doesn't love him but there's a bit of a twist here actually.

But first things first, forget about marriage totally for now !!!!!!!

About the twist, the funny thing is, aside from the baby issue, the person having the more unhealthy attachment is the man not the woman.
If he wanted to walk away, he definitely would have, I shouldn't let the poster know this but he is attached to you and he resents that fact and the sad part is that you are making things extremely easy for him.

I don't have full details but i can wager that if you move out of his house or wherever it is you are staying, and heaven helps, you start 'dating' someone else. This guy would go baloney. From the story, he wouldn't stay with you if there was no pull you have over him. It's not just about sex, you said he has other ladies already. You validate him in some ways. I mean why would a man want to sleep with a woman who just had CS and a new baby if he has other options.
You just don't have a soft spot for him, he also has a big soft hole for you. He'll deny it all he can.

It's some sort of psycho anomaly.
Its understandable when a guy tries to put down a girl he wants out of his life.
It's understandable when a guy builds up a girl he wants in his life
But when a guy puts down a girl all the time and yet still want to retain her around him, then that's serious unhealthy emotional conflict.

You've not told us about his pattern of relationships (past relationships et al), if he is well off career wise, if he is physically abusive and all that but if what you've said is accurate,
The best advice is to just walk, cut your losses and walk. Pick up the pieces, you've lost a part of your life to a jerk. Try to salvage the remaining

but then I know how hard it is for a woman who has a baby with a man to move on and from your tone, you don't sound like someone who wants to so I'll give you the middle of the road - take a break from him for a long period, get some fresh air, go visit a family member in another part of the country, go learn french or swimming or something different. Start a new relationship if you can (It doesn't have to be sexual)
That period will allow you assess him properly and most importantly allow you to have your head clearer.

I might be wrong but this is an instinctive response for me, hope it helps.

N.B. If physical assault is involved in anyway, disregard all the advice above and just pack your bags and run this very night without informing him. If possible inform the police about your need to be protected

God Bless You For This Dearie... Am so short of words.. Thanks a gazillion I really appreciate.
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by bukatyne(f): 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
Emeraldey:

Maybe a part of me was scared that he might take my baby from me....

OP,

If I saw you life, I will rattle your common sense back into you.

Where are your parents? Do they know what you are going through?

Do you just like suffering or did the guy jazz you?

How are your parents' marriage?
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by Emeraldey: 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
bukatyne:

OP,

If I saw you life, I will rattle your common sense back into you.

Where are your parents? Do they know what you are going through?

Do you just like suffering or did the guy jazz you?

How are your parents' marriage?

Lol. My parents marriage is alryt, they have their normal ups and downs but its fine. My mum is my confidant, she has told me its not a must to end up with him if we won't be happy in marriage. But what I've come to discover is that each time I bother her with this mistake I made, she gets sleepless nights, she worries a lot, so that's why am always telling her not to worry, that God will guide my paths. I understand am in an unhealthy soulties with this guy already, and am praying to God to loose me from it. My mum keeps encouraging me that I have a bright future ahead of me, but I shouldn't truncate it with my own hands I.e Getting pregnant again at this time or the likes. I stopped telling her much about these stuffs cos I don't want my matter to cause her illness. I hope u understand nw. And I don't like suffering, if there is one thing I've always prayed for, its peace of mind. I bliv it would have been easier without a child in it. But with all d advice received here, I know that it all borders around my 'Self Esteem and Self Love', which I've started working on. I really appreciate u and every one here. God Bless U Plenty.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by Fhemmmy: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
Emeraldey:

Lol. My parents marriage is alryt, they have their normal ups and downs but its fine. My mum is my confidant, she has told me its not a must to end up with him if we won't be happy in marriage. But what I've come to discover is that each time I bother her with this mistake I made, she gets sleepless nights, she worries a lot, so that's why am always telling her not to worry, that God will guide my paths. I understand am in an unhealthy soulties with this guy already, and am praying to God to loose me from it. My mum keeps encouraging me that I have a bright future ahead of me, but I shouldn't truncate it with my own hands I.e Getting pregnant again at this time or the likes. I stopped telling her much about these stuffs cos I don't want my matter to cause her illness. I hope u understand nw. And I don't like suffering, if there is one thing I've always prayed for, its peace of mind. I bliv it would have been easier without a child in it. But with all d advice received here, I know that it all borders around my 'Self Esteem and Self Love', which I've started working on. I really appreciate u and every one here. God Bless U Plenty.

[b]You mother is wise and very smart to have told you that and i so much think you should listen to that great advice and WALK away

If you love your mother or want her to stop having sleepless night, make right the wrong and marrying this guy by fire and force is NOT the solution, i so much think if you invest all you have invested in this guy in yourself, the sky will be the starting point of how far you could go

My Dad used to tell me that, the day a mad man realizes he is not well is the starting point of his healing, God aint gonna come down from heaven to untie you, you have to take the bold step and untie yourself, fist you need to realize that the dude wants NOTHING to do with you than what you already know

Even with a child it is still as simple as it could get, the child is not a disease and madam, there are so many men out there that would love you and love your child like his own, so stop biting your fingers cos you had a child . . . . If you are not careful, you MIGHT see that gift of God as a mistake and he is NOT a mistake but a blessing.... you have something to live for a good reason for you to pick up the broken pieces of your heart and enjoy the rest of your life @ 25, you still have so much ahead of you.

I am so glad to hear that you have started working on your self esteem and love, cos you have to do that, and one of the thing you have to do is appreciate who you are . . .

Further more, how soon would you be done with your masters and what are you studying and while at all that, is there any kinda business you could be doing that will empower you to take care of yourself and your son? if there is any, look into it and even on this forum, i am sure many will love to contribute to that to see another victim of bad past get into a better tomorrow . . . There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but you have to find the path to that end and enjoy it to the fullest.[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by Acidosis(m): 6:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
I don't know whether you're in love or insane. Kindly expatiate.
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by elektra(f): 7:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
You don't need advice. You need a shrink. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result. How about you stop praying about leaving this man and actually LEAVE?
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by kaboninc(m): 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
elektra:
You don't need advice. You need a shrink. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result. How about you stop praying about leaving this man and actually LEAVE?

Hmmm
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by kaboninc(m): 9:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
Acidosis:
I don't know whether you're in love or insane. Kindly expatiate.

A bit of both.
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by Acidosis(m): 9:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
abimbola74:

God bless u bro,u'r right nd 2 fnk of it,she knew from d beginnig dis guy dosn't luv her...my advice goes thus,mke sure u pray 4 him 2 change evryday nd u cn evn talk 2 ya pastor mayb he can be of help spiritually.my dear,don't deceive urslf by cmin in2 conclusion of lvin him cos u dn't knw wat d nxt guy might do 2 u.........u just hv 2 b strong and I pray God will see u thru dis hard tym...

Any pastor that make such prayers deserves hell fire.

Prayer of Mercy and forgiveness is all she needs. She needs to confess her sins and turn away from her evil deeds.
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by bukatyne(f): 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
Emeraldey:

Ok

What is bad if your guy decides to take the baby when you are leaving?

What ever you do, do not marry him or get preggers again.
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
Emeraldey:
Thanks to u all for ur advice. He has this kind of hold on me that I just don't get. Each time I say I quit, he seems to always find his way back. He knows I have a soft spot for him, he knows I love him and yes he uses it well to his advantage. I really need to break free from this hold he has. Pls how can I break free, am so confused. His mum and everyone keeps encouraging me to keep praying for him, that he'll change.

That love is going to kill you! Since your uni days he did not love you. When is he going to? If you marry him, get ready to be insulted, physically and emotionally abused for the rest of your life. Its better to be single and happy than to be married and frustrated. You are walking into a hole with both eyes open
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by hayorbaami: 10:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
Emeraldey:

I was really angry reading your opening post and subsequent ones,and I didn't intend to post, but after reading this particular one, I feel truly sorry for you. I even shed a tear unconsciously cos I see you want to help yourself. You just need a little push and i hope to God that you will find back that lost selfesteem and self love.

Read the comments in here as often as you can, hourly, daily, and get that strength that you need to move on. You will be fine and so will your son. Like pak suggested, learn something new and exciting, it will go along way in helping you move on without hurting too much.

May God be with you dear. *hugs*
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by KanwuliaJara: 10:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
Looks like you deserve every bit of what you are getting AND MORE! kiss
Truth be told, women like you make me ashamed of being female.
I pity your children! cry

My wish for you is that you LOSE more than your sanity.

Amen!!!!

*gosh! the tins women will put up with both becuz of pehnis! TWA!!!!!* angry
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by kaboninc(m): 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Looks like you deserve every bit of what you are getting AND MORE! kiss
Truth be told, women like you make me ashamed of being female.
I pity your children! cry

My wish for you is that you LOSE more than your sanity.

Amen!!!!

*gosh! the tins women will put up with both becuz of pehnis! TWA!!!!!* angry

Have you been raped before?
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by KanwuliaJara: 9:15pm On Apr 21, 2015
kaboninc:

Have you been raped before?

What has this question got to do with this subject matter? undecided

HAVE YOU?
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by kaboninc(m): 9:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

What has this question got to do with this subject matter? undecided

HAVE YOU?

I think you should edit your comment.
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by KanwuliaJara: 9:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
kaboninc:

I think you should edit your comment.

On what basis? undecided
Re: Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! by Mobi47(m): 11:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
u made d wrong decision. U knew frm d very start that he is not interested in anytn dat has to do wt marriage, even up to d extent of knowing that he has another babe. It is obvious that what he has for u, is nt true love and u stl allowed him to impregnant u. Or is it that, u wnt to use d pregnancy to trap him so he could marry u by force. Infact, I de vex. tnks for nt aborting daat child sha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My 21yr Old Sister Is Sleeping With Her Friend's Husband(her Lecturer) / What Your Sleeping Position Says About Your Relationship / Help: Please I'm Dying Inside. Serious Marital Advise Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.