Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters (29851 Views)

Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / “I Am Too Disciplined To Stoop So Low” – Orubebe Denies Plotting To Kidnap Jega / Don’t Panic, Presidency Tells Jonathan’s Supporters: Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
NAH LIE!!!!!!!
I know the 4kface that forged this news, he said he wants to start a trending news cheesy
Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by proudlyhandsome: 9:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
unclejb2:
I hate to hear of America and Britain getting involved in our local affairs. We dont need them to survive cos they dont like us. When we had the ebola crisis these same countries turned their back on Nigeria. So pls never look up to them unless u want Nigeria to turn to afghanistan or syria

Yes I quite agreed with your point but at the same time, without US/UK, most of our leaders would have committed genocide with impunity.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by spencekat(m): 9:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
Baseless and senseless allegation!.
Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by Bimpe29: 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
Thank God for the effectiveness of JEGAQUIN that was administered for the purpose of eliminating the pains & wide spread havoc of deadly disease known as ORUBEBEISM.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by unclejb2(m): 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

Yes I quite agreed with your point but at the same time, without US/UK, most of our leaders would have committed genocide with impunity.
Our leaders have committed genocide severally in time past and these same countries turned a blind eye. Obasanjo ordered the massacre of entire communities like Zakibiam in Benue State and Odi in Bayelsa and these same countries did nothing. Do not be fooled, these countries only get involved when they have their interests to protect not because they care about Nigeria or Nigerians. They have been watching genocide in Sudan for years now and did nothing. The Rwandan case is another example. We need to stop using these rogue nations as models because they really dont give a hoot about our welfare but only their interests.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by MarshRiley(m): 9:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
Of all the stupidity I've seen online,this has to be the most stupid of them all,I mean what's the purpose of this article,divide Nigeria?
And am suprise some NLanders re taking it serious,God forbid
This western countries ought to know not every African is foolish
Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by proudlyhandsome: 9:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
unclejb2:
Our leaders have committed genocide severally in time past and these same countries turned a blind eye. Obasanjo ordered the massacre of entire communities like Zakibiam in Benue State and Odi in Bayelsa and these same countries did nothing. Do not be fooled, these countries only get involved when they have their interests to protect not because they care about Nigeria or Nigerians. They have been watching genocide in Sudan for years now and did nothing. The Rwandan case is another example. We need to stop using these rogue nations as models because they really dont give a hoot about our welfare but only their interests.

What happened in Odi wasn't a genocide my friend(you might disagree with me but trust me, it wasn't). It is like when a Biafra Nation stood against Nigeria state and later claimed that genocide was committed. It was seen as a pure war by world power.

If Nigeria state go into war with Cameroon tomorrow and kill millions of Cameroonians; Nigeria president would not be held for genocide. It was pure war.

Odi was used by militants to carry out crime against Nigeria state and as a Nation, it has every responsibilty to protect her citizens and sovereignty. There was political uprising in Ireland against UK govt and UK did everything within her power to deal with the Irish rebels.

It happens everywhere.

Genocide are committed when people are killed in thousands as a result of their beliefs, religion or political association.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by sweetgala(m): 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
I did read a confirmed report from AP journalist present in the room at the time of the orubebe incident that DSS agents poster to secure the venue of the INEC collation ,where Jega was present that morning were suddenly withdrawn ; however the IG of police sent back up.

This was possibly very true, I guess they were expecting Jega to react differently so a disruption can ensue and their plans can be actualised
Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by dantti2006(m): 10:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
Britian and America always have intelligence report on everything and do nothing. When will people learn that they are not our friends. This same people predicted naija will breakup in 2011 and now 2015. They say they stopped importing oil 4rm naija 2assist curb terrorism but increased output with Saudi that their own intelligence has implicated some of their royal family in sponsoring terrorism. Assisting 2 push our economy 2d ground in an election year with one singular act off refusing 2purchase our oil economic strength(oil). They refused 2 sell naija weapons wen we needed it and even arm twisted isreal 2 not sell 2naija 2. They claim we are corrupt and have continued 2 buy our stolen crude in exchange 4 weapons 2 our militant youths. We don't make guns but have more guns in the wrong hands dan any other country. We didn't break as they predicted this year, dnt know what their game plan but we should know that naija isn't up to one tenth of what USSR was at the peak of their powers but the US and her CIA broke her up and weaken her with mass media propaganda and sparks of internal and domestic wars. I still don't know what the western world stands to gain from our breaking up but as a patriotic Nigerian I advise it's time you all stop fighting and dividing yourselves. Election has come and gone peaceful. Let's work to strengthen our democratic process and economy and once again been the rallying point of Africa. Whether APC or PDP politicians to value any1 but their own personal interest. Onli very few have real values. Stop fighting ursefs over them here and begin to answer the question John F Kennedy asked "what can u do 4ur country"

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by Osakah24(m): 10:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
profola2be:
kidnap Jega and see war.
yeye set of human beings.
ni be the same Jega organise the election wey Jonathan take win in 2011?
must you win all the time?
war between who and who?
Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by Mrchuddy(m): 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
I wasn't surprised. I knew PDP was desperate enough to do anything. I repeat anything. I knew that for kerry and hagel to issue that joint statement something was wrong. one thing that people refused to understand is that APC intelligence gathering is far superior to that of PDP. That is why PDP will plan today tomorrow it's all over world. expect more from these people within the short time before handover but it will be a new song immediately buhari is sworn in.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by Osakah24(m): 10:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
missionmex:
Big lie, if the government of the day wishes to kill jega it won't take them anything, let alone common kidnapping.
dont mind them,they wrote that they were unsure if gej had a hand in it,but still used his name to write headline.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by Osakah24(m): 10:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
Vcojuro:
they are reporting what your dailies failed to do.
there are lots of happening in these country that you don't know and reuters are one of the most reputable news portal in the world
You need to unlearn and relearn.
reuters are so good in other peoples affair they forget there own country.abeg,if not for wikileaks we wont know abt all their spies

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by Elxandre(m): 11:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
Kentrasso:
Is there any situation the media won't take advantage of? Where did this information come from? Why was the plot not carried out? Why is it just coming to light now?
Like it was possible to kidnap that kind of electoral personality at such an important time.
No political party is that stupid please
These people have no brains!
Only zombies will believe Jega could have been easily kidnapped.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by globalresource: 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
yang:
undecided undecided all these foreign news don learn propaganda. .. Hehehe lies sell more than fact these days

TANoid detected grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by scotz101(m): 1:11am On Apr 17, 2015
missionmex:
Big lie, if the government of the day wishes to kill jega it won't take them anything, let alone common kidnapping.

Bros na you get time to answer them o..APC are lords of propaganda...nothing we never hear....Jonathan this, jonathan that! Eiya!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by scotz101(m): 1:21am On Apr 17, 2015
symbianDON:

you mean APC now controls Reuters?

its unfortunate that you dont know how news media work..for every news you see on reuters from nigeria, its being supplied there by a nigerian living in nigeria...do you who what party he supports.?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by 1009ja: 1:26am On Apr 17, 2015
All the prayers by Nigerians whose resources are being carted away by the looters were answered on March 28. God chose His time to do His thing.
Millions of Jonathans, thousands of IBBs, hundreds of Abdulsalam Abubakar, would not stop God's time.
Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by aresa: 3:23am On Apr 17, 2015
theV0ice:
Hmmmm......

This looks and sounds rather far fetched but Orubebe's actions that day were scary and it was very obvious it was part of a carefully written and planned script. Then the joint statement from US & UK was a confirmation that something was really amiss. The fact that they had to interrupt their nuclear negotiations to release that terse statement is a further confirmation.

The remaining days before May 29th are indeed pregnant.

In any case, thank God for his mercies

The US intercepted their phone calls hence the unusual warning by the US and the UK and Jona surrendering easily. Jega and his security team knew and were ready too..
Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by muaa(f): 3:34am On Apr 17, 2015
so many peeps just wished this election ended in chaos. na crime say jona accept defeat?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by graciandubuisi(f): 6:53am On Apr 17, 2015
God bless you sir
Blurry:
What exactly is the purpose of this article at this time?

Reuters, bloomberg and all western media should leave Nigeria alone.

We are tired of this division and propaganda against a government just because you do not like it.

You had predicted that the country will go under, but for God's mercies...it didnt.

Let us be....we are tired of fighting each other.

We need healing in our land...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by PStacks(m): 7:01am On Apr 17, 2015
Boss13:

You are right. Reuter and AP are one of the most credible news agencies in the world. I read this news in Saharareporters. I had doubts, but we have to be fair, Saharareporters having been doing a great jobs uncovering secret information. Reading this from Reuter just confirms the news.

There is never a smoke without fire. I have never one day doubted SaharaReporters! Just that I'm of the opinion Reuters has more Pedigree and are much more reliable source of such News article.
Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by timunstopable: 8:14am On Apr 17, 2015
Texcoco:
Believe this outlandish APC propaganda at your own risks.... C'est aujourdui je vais ala mosqé on y va 'One Chance'

Reuters now Apc

Same Reuters that broke the news that #Election has been postponed . Even when Inec came out to say no official statement about thet(The whole of social media crucified them then, I even did the same.They stuck to their guns and said they believe their source and always verify source before publishing)

At the end it was true

Anytime you dont like any news that doesnt favour yout acclaimed hero you cry fowl

Get ready next few days more revelation will come out
Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by symbianDON(m): 9:27am On Apr 17, 2015
scotz101:

its unfortunate that you dont know how news media work..for every news you see on reuters from nigeria, its being supplied there by a nigerian living in nigeria...do you who what party he supports.?
reuters is a news agency of high reputation and I doubt they just swallow every news hook, line and sinker without appropriate verification. this is not NTA or AIT that can be bought to swing news as the sponsor wishes.
Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by PopsiAde: 9:30am On Apr 17, 2015
No wonder! No wonder Jega was exceedingly cool, calm and collected. He probably had a premonition as to the plot.
Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by PopsiAde: 10:31am On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters by Badebim(f): 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hmm mm shocked cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black Market Petrol Dealer Thanks Fayose For Making Fuel Scarce In Ekiti / FAAC Crisis: 14 Governors Can’t Pay Salaries / High Court Sacks Margery Chuba-Okadigbo As APC Senatorial Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.