Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,101 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO (27603 Views)

Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu / 'It Is Over For Magu, Buhari Can Not Send His Name To Senate Again': Dino Melaye / We’ll Hold Buhari, APC To “3 Million Jobs A Year” Pledge – NLC, TUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by Henrick007: 10:31am On Apr 17, 2015
ikombe:
we know undecided
not everyone that know
Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by GodMode: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2015
PapaUwa:

solar energy isnt goin to cut it. It can only be used as a supplement and only in places like d north. Even in countries with d largest solar plants, solar power forms only a tiny fraction of the total power generated.

Secondly, building solar plants is quite costly compared to gas-powered plants. If I'm not mistaken abt 2 to 3 times the cost of generating the same amt of power.

Thirdly, solar plant is favored by country with little or no gas resources. Nigeria has more than enuff gas resources and dat should be d focal point of its power generation policy.

Individuals that have the money can buy solar panels.. and disconnect from PHCN..

The world is looking at and talking about renewable energy...

You're here talking about gas powered plants

SMH.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2015
PapaUwa:

solar energy isnt goin to cut it. It can only be used as a supplement and only in places like d north. Even in countries with d largest solar plants, solar power forms only a tiny fraction of the total power generated.

Secondly, building solar plants is quite costly compared to gas-powered plants. If I'm not mistaken abt 2 to 3 times the cost of generating the same amt of power.

Thirdly, solar plant is favored by country with little or no gas resources. Nigeria has more than enuff gas resources and dat should be d focal point of its power generation policy.
How about the cost of running a solar plant against a gas type?
Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by maclatunji: 10:33am On Apr 17, 2015
ApexTitan:

This guy, you funny o.

So you are thinking we will attract outsourced jobs from China? China that is the home of global cheap labour will now outsource their jobs to Nigeria. How many Chinese companies even outsource anything?

You don't have to like the west (Europe and North America) to agree that in this area they are of primary importance.

Please if this is what you have planned for Buhari then he is better off sewing uniforms for youths and mandating them to patrol the streets as new agents of Kick Against Indiscipline. Lol! (maybe he can pay even pay them 10K/month from whatever he regains from his anticorruption drive) That will be better than waiting for China to give us outsourced jobs.

Now excuse me, let me go and have a good laugh outside. grin

Simple logic, StarTimes has several businesses in Africa requiring Africans, so what are you going on about? If Nigeria is the hub of these operations, would the jobs go to the Chinese? No, it would come to Nigerians.
Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by ApexTitan(m): 10:34am On Apr 17, 2015
GodMode:

Individuals that have the money can buy solar panels.. and disconnect from PHCN..

SMH.

For all it's promise solar power is yet to match gas powered plants in terms of cost.
Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by maclatunji: 10:36am On Apr 17, 2015
calebo101:

You are very wrong here. The reverse is the case.

Trust me, those programmes are practically dead after May 29. They would not have lasted for 4 years.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by ApexTitan(m): 10:38am On Apr 17, 2015
maclatunji:

Simple logic, StarTimes has several businesses in Africa requiring Africans, so what are you going on about? If Nigeria is the hub of these operations, would the jobs go to the Chinese? No, it would come to Nigerians.

Any national outsourcing plans that overlooks the involvement of the west is at best a joke. Can you even say that StarTimes is an outsourced company? I fear that you may be unclear as to what outsourcing really is.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by Meiji(m): 10:38am On Apr 17, 2015
tit:

what exactly will they be e-marketing?
will mtn nigeria close down their call-centers so you can take over their work?
so all the people marketing organo-gold will stop and allow only you to market the thing for them?

what exactly are your 2 million people going to market?
do you want them to compete with Indian call-centers for the "US" customer-support/help-desk market?

To address that point about "competing with Indians", Nigeria could potentially have an advantage due to our geographical location. We're somewhere close to GMT, which could position us to service markets both in the West (US/Canada) and the East (China/Australia) within the same 24-hour day. We are also an English-speaking country so it shouldn't cost much to train our people for those jobs.

The real problem in Nigeria's case is infrastructure, specifically power and reliable broadband internet access. Fix those two, and our call centre market will explode.

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by maclatunji: 10:40am On Apr 17, 2015
GodMode:

Firstly, Nigeria's unemployment is more than 23%..

Secondly, Agriculture creates more jobs than tech hubs can ever create..

Well, I had to avoid unnecessary bickering about figures like Professor Soludo and Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

I agree about agriculture, I have submitted a proposal on what I know about, you and others can do for agriculture. The 2 are not mutually exclusive.
Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by iniestar1(m): 10:40am On Apr 17, 2015
atbu1983:

Buhari VP Osibanjo has already discussed BPO as part of thier
plan to create Job. He gave a lecture to South East youths with
power point slides on dis topic during d campaign. it was shown
on AIT around 11pm that day. So d OP is not giving any new info
to Buhari team.
That day he also discuss special business Clusters. Giving them
special power supply and loan.
I understand but I CNT stop admiring d believe people have in dis incoming regime although hate z part of life
Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by maclatunji: 10:41am On Apr 17, 2015
Meiji:

To address that point about "competing with Indians", Nigeria could potentially have an advantage due to our geographical location. We're somewhere close to GMT, which could position us to service markets both in the West (US/Canada) and the East (China/Australia) within the same 24-hour day. We are also an English-speaking country so it shouldn't cost much to train our people for those jobs.

The real problem in Nigeria's case is infrastructure, specifically power and reliable broadband internet access. Fix those two, and our call centre market will explode.

Thank you o.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 17, 2015
maclatunji:

Trust me, those programmes are practically dead after May 29. They would not have lasted for 4 years.

Again one of the problems of Nigeria. Now Buhari comes in, scraps it, implements his own program which will again be scrapped in 4 years time and the cycle goes on. YOUWIN and SUREP is a sustainable scheme. One of the shining light of the Jonathan's administration. A non-biased Buhari should ensure its continuance and improve on it. Continuity is what we lack in Nigeria.

I also hope Buhari continues with the Transport/railways and Agricultural revival and build on Jonathan's achievement rather than discontinuing them or cancelling it out-rightly like he did with the Lagos metro line 30 years ago.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by maclatunji: 10:44am On Apr 17, 2015
ApexTitan:

Any national outsourcing plans that overlooks the involvement of the west is at best a joke. Can you even say that StarTimes is an outsourced company? I fear that you may be unclear as to what outsourcing really is.

StarTimes is not an outsourced company. I am saying it can outsource a large part of its call centre and marketing jobs from operations in other African countries to us in Nigeria.

Other companies can too.
Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by maclatunji: 10:45am On Apr 17, 2015
calebo101:

Again one of the problems of Nigeria. Now Buhari comes in, scraps it, implements his own program which will again be scrapped in 4 years time and the cycle goes on. YOUWIN and SUREP is a sustainable scheme. One of the shining light of the Jonathan's administration. A non-biased Buhari should ensure its continuance and improve on it. Continuity is what we lack in Nigeria.

I also hope Buhari continues with the Transport/railways and Agricultural revival and build on Jonathan's achievement rather than discontinuing them or cancelling it out-rightly like he did with the Lagos metro line 30 years ago.

I am not so convinced that both programmes are beneficial to the majority of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by Dannyset(m): 10:47am On Apr 17, 2015
barcanista:
There are lots of b®illiant policies and plans by government since 1960. The challenge we have is sincerity and the political will to implement them to the letter. This your idea like others is not bad but "Do we have the infrastructure"? We can't run when we are yet to walk. OÑe major Challenge those countries you meantined are facing is the problem of "cheap" labour. How do we tackle that considering how expensive commodities are in Nigeria? It is not just about "creating jobs", it is about creating job that will impact on the lives of the citizenry. The citizens ought to get value for the work they do and not the opposite.

We must and should fix relevant sectors like power, manufacturing, financial, tourism, mining, Agricultural, petroleum etc if we ever want to create a sustainable country that will be employment haven not just for our citizens alone, but will attract foreigners. Most importantly, we must fix our Educational and reposition our socio-political sectors. Without doing these things, we will continue to chase shadows.

I hope I make sense
Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by Image123(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2015
I'm happy to see many PDP enthusiasts and Jonathan faithfuls reason for a change by talking about the reality of the challenges on ground, mainly power, internet, labor laws etc. During the campaigns, they were deluded about some mysterious transformation and continuity.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by Jaypea98: 10:49am On Apr 17, 2015
maclatunji:

@bolded, are you aware that Lagos State Secretariat Alausa is off the national grid and has its own dedicated Independent Power Plant (IPP)? Same for critical Lagos State-owned infrastructure on Lagos Island like Island Maternity Hospital, Massey Children's Hospital l and State House Marina.

Governor Fashola has shown that this can be done in Nigeria and that is why I am suggesting the government provides the required infrastructure whilst private sector partners/investors guarantee a minimum number of jobs will be available if these tech hubs are created.

The infrastructure deficit is not a problem at all NIGCOMSAT has idle capacity for Internet services just to show you that the obstacles you have highlighted are not as insurmountable as you are thinking.
OP Also let them know that the lasgidi government has also commenced installation ot solar panels in schools. Those ipps (5) would also power the light rails and adiyan water works .
Lagos is truly working

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by Jaypea98: 10:52am On Apr 17, 2015
poiZon:
u guys fit hype things o, so na only alausa fit dey off d national grid?
thought they were being paid to govern n make d state livAble not only whr they live?
for uur info tinapa in calabar is off national grid n its ipp is responsible for all d security lights u see in d state. that s y u wont find any generating set in every street corner like in uyo my state capital. credit to donald duke.
All the courts ,street lights on lagos roads including FEDERAL ROADS. Are being powered by IPPs Dont you dare compare calabar to lagos

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by GodMode: 10:55am On Apr 17, 2015
ApexTitan:

For all it's promise solar power is yet to match gas powered plants in terms of cost.

Read your comments and understand yourself

getting energy from the sun only requires equipment that can absorb solar energy.. The same with Wind energy...

The cost is nothing..

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by nairabetguru(m): 10:56am On Apr 17, 2015
lets wait till may 29th tongue

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 17, 2015
Edwardhead:
How many people will now teach GMB how to govern us?
am even tired of their suffocation,buhari won where Jonathan failed.because Jonathan is a failure who couldn't achieve anything during his tenure,does that make gmb who hasn't been sworn in a failure too?I can see pain and frustration in their laments..
Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by affairsnaija: 10:56am On Apr 17, 2015
GEJ Promise to create 100,000 job in BPO Industry in 2013 and nothing happened! All that happened was dat NITDA Created an online registration platform for BPO Training and thousand of youth fill the form online at the end only 3 people were pick each from 36 state

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 17, 2015
tit:
What exactly will this 2 million people be doing?
what value or service will they be adding to the economy?
they will be teaching u and ur fellow brainless tanoids how to have a good brain and reason like humans instead of the goat brains u all have

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by affairsnaija: 11:01am On Apr 17, 2015
GEJ Promise to create 100,000 job in BPO Industry in 2013 and nothing happened! All that happened was dat NITDA Created an online registration platform for BPO Training and thousand of youth fill the form online at the end only 3 people were pick each from 36 state.

How can 2m BPO job be possibly created in GMB regime
Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by PapaUwa: 11:02am On Apr 17, 2015
Obiagelli:

How about the cost of running a solar plant against a gas type?

no one is disputing d relatively low-cost of maintence for solar plants. Bt solar power generation is highly capital intensive which negates its low-cost of maintenance.

i just did a quick research and found out in some countries d cost of generating 1MW thru solar power (both capital and recurrent costs) is almost 5 times higher dan gas power.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 17, 2015
PapaUwa:

no one is disputing d relatively low-cost of maintence for solar plants. Bt solar power generation is highly capital intensive which negates its low-cost of maintenance.

i just did a quick research and found out in some countries d cost of generating 1MW thru solar power (both capital and recurrent costs) is almost 5 times higher dan gas power.
Pays off on the long run compared to gas prices.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by ManUtdholic: 11:12am On Apr 17, 2015
maclatunji:

#Hehehehe

YouWin, GIS are all ineffective short term strategies of the present government. We can create millions of jobs at a fraction of the amount wasted on these and similar programmes of the present government with my suggestion and similar ideas.

You should have short, medium and long-term plans to solving the unemployment problem.

My idea is a simple, easy-to-implement and effective short-term plan.

You can't pay unemployed youths from your pocket, I am sure millions would rather be employed with this idea than read your idealism.
.quit the hatred bro
YOUWIN is not only better than this ur BPO but put better food on the table and also allow u (the beneficiaries)to employ an average of 2-10 pple
Nigeria needs has out grown jobs that pay 30k and u can't blame the citizens
Many are doing 2+ jobs simultaneously
Yes this is not a bad idea if it can be implemented effectively
But saying BPO is better than YOUWIN is not reasonable
Infact YOUWIN should be continued,improved on and d loopholes should be checkmate

YOUWIN gives real employment nt under employment

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by PapaUwa: 11:14am On Apr 17, 2015
GodMode:

SMH.

I'm not making up these things. Do ur research and find out.

If it were easy why are there are no solar panels everywhere. Even in developed countries they are still considering nuclear powered plants. Pple only use solar as supplement. Infact of the all d renewable sources of energy it is the costliest.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by PapaUwa: 11:16am On Apr 17, 2015
Obiagelli:

Pays off on the long run compared to gas prices.

is it not d same gas we flare everyday in Nigeria. Dat means we have it dirt-cheap here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO by Mcowubaba: 11:22am On Apr 17, 2015
maclatunji:

Have you read the post at all?

They will be working at the very least for 6 hours a day at jobs that demand productivity.

As e-business and online retailing in particular expand in Nigeria and other emerging markets,, there is going to be the need for customer service, telemarketing, data entry and analyst positions to be filled.

This provides an opportunity to employ a lot of young people and remove them from poverty. I am suggesting that the incoming government actively leverages on this to create jobs.

Is it becoming clearer to you now?
u have a nice idea, but lemme like how much do u think will be payed to workers (i hope i won't be another case of under-employment) ?.
Wat academic qualifications will be required (or just training/orientation abt the job)
how effective are the Independent power plants to achieve maximum productivity....
Mak i stop here Ist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse / NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal / Idris Wada Of PDP Begins Campaign (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.