Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (156014 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:40am On Aug 19, 2016
objifeanyi:

Hiya @1andonly, was it the embassy that requested you get such letter or the school sent it to you out of its own volition.

Well they didn't but I figured they would send me back if I didn't provide an additional proof that I was still on time because you should submit the application 2 weeks before resumption else you will be sent back. I think I saw a document online that made this statement.

Btw for those of you who want to translate, I had need to use an official translator recently and she would be willing to do business with you guys. I think she would also come in cheap....

address: marta.tusquets@gmail.com
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:44am On Aug 19, 2016
ManCiCi1:
I paid part payment and I'm required to pay the rest when I resume there. My question is that do you think it's necessary to still get a note from school stating that I'm paying the remaining school fees during resumption? Which was your case concerning this. (Plus I have my remaining fees in my account as suggested here)

If you can get it perfect. Else just have the money in your account.

I would reiterate, the main reason visa applications are rejected is because of funds. If you don't have sufficient funds, don't bother applying.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Ethan45(m): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
Goodevening Everyone.
Please am new to this spanish thread. I want to get a spanish tourist visa for my xmas holiday. I dont know the documents to submit. Please i dont want to pretend like i know and go to vfs and spend incessantly because i failed to humble myself and ask gurus here for there advice.
Abeg am a jjc for spanish matter, can anybody please walk me through the documents to submit for a 7 days tourist visa, i dont know how to translate from english to spanish, i dunno wat they mean by getting a tourist visa insurance from AIICO, i only know how to book my tourist accomodation online grin ; What documents shud i submit, how much does the visa cost, how do i legalise my docs, do i apply online? Went to vfs website buh they are giving me superficial onfo.
Someone who has applied for a tourist visa or knows whatsup shud pls help me.
Am well endowed on the canadian student thread but i dunno nothing about spanish thread.
Thanks to that somborri.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 8:11pm On Aug 21, 2016
This is Spanish student thread angry angry grin
Ethan45:
Goodevening Everyone.
Please am new to this spanish thread. I want to get a spanish tourist visa for my xmas holiday. I dont know the documents to submit. Please i dont want to pretend like i know and go to vfs and spend incessantly because i failed to humble myself and ask gurus here for there advice.
Abeg am a jjc for spanish matter, can anybody please walk me through the documents to submit for a 7 days tourist visa, i dont know how to translate from english to spanish, i dunno wat they mean by getting a tourist visa insurance from AIICO, i only know how to book my tourist accomodation online grin ; What documents shud i submit, how much does the visa cost, how do i legalise my docs, do i apply online? Went to vfs website buh they are giving me superficial onfo.
Someone who has applied for a tourist visa or knows whatsup shud pls help me.
Am well endowed on the canadian student thread but i dunno nothing about spanish thread.
Thanks to that somborri.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by bola07: 9:04am On Aug 22, 2016
Hello.... please can anyone explain deeply! am a tennis player and I was invited in a tennis academy for 6 months program in Barcelona, please what are the visa requirements pls thanks
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obycindy: 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hello house, someone told me that they only accept school fees receipt from school. But I only have the one bank gave me.my school didn't give me any receipt, they only confirm to me that they have received the money when I scanned the receipt to them.can I apply with that receipt? kindly advise.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
print out the school's confirmation letter and staple it to the banks receipt then head to the embassy. No worries.
obycindy:
Hello house, someone told me that they only accept school fees receipt from school. But I only have the one bank gave me.my school didn't give me any receipt, they only confirm to me that they have received the money when I scanned the receipt to them.can I apply with that receipt? kindly advise.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Ethan45(m): 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2016
zendman:
This is Spanish student thread angry angry grin

Boss please nah. No vex. Just help me. Pleaseeeeee grin grin grin grin
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 5:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
1. hotel booking (When you pay for it the better)
2. A very ripe bank account cool to cover for your travelling expenses
3. Fill the application form which you can find @ http://www.vfsglobal.com/spain/nigeria/visaapplicationprocess.html
4. Flight booking
5. Go to AIICO office and tell them you need travel insurance for 30 days. you will get it under 30 minutes.
6. No need to translate for tourism
7. Good luck
Ethan45:

Boss please nah. No vex. Just help me. Pleaseeeeee grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Ethan45(m): 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
zendman:
1. hotel booking (When you pay for it the better)

God bless you zendman. Ummm what do you mean by when i pay for the hotel booking the better? I want to book for 7 days, pay fully for four days nd complete the other 3 when i reach there cos i dont want to hear shoot bird so i can easily get my refund when i hear stories dt touch the heart frm there embassy. If i dont make the complete payment will it raise a red flag?
Are my employment docs needed nd do i need to swear an affidavit?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 9:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
Four days is ok. But those spanish guys lipsrsealed >for documents try and add any document to prove you will definitely come back so doc such as employment letter, salary slip, marriage certificate, shares etc will go along way to let them know your intention, also add a cover letter detailing the nature of your "tour" whether na to go enjoy wink or business tourism or to go snap with Messi.
Ethan45:

God bless you zendman. Ummm what do you mean by when i pay for the hotel booking the better? I want to book for 7 days, pay fully for four days nd complete the other 3 when i reach there cos i dont want to hear shoot bird so i can easily get my refund when i hear stories dt touch the heart frm there embassy. If i dont make the complete payment will it raise a red flag?
Are my employment docs needed nd do i need to swear an affidavit?

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 1:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
hello house, has anybody applied for visa? was disappointed today at the embassy, my certificate is not yet ready for collection cry felt like giving up! I was told to call a number tomorrow to see if it is ready. enrollment in school is 8th of sept, i need to be there that day. only God knows when i will get my certificate. Already sent them a mail though, they should make it available for collection tomorrow.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hiya Zendman, very unfortunate but call them or write them an e mail explaining your plight and should your document be ready, they should send you a notification by mail. I tried it and it worked for me...

I also have not applied because I am still expecting my translated copy of my PCC from Vivian. In between I will advise you also request the originals of your documents from the school - admission letter, school fess payment, scholarship letter...etc. I will receive my Spanish translation on Friday and hopefully will apply next week.

Let us all keep faith it will all end up in praise by God's grace

zendman:
hello house, has anybody applied for visa? was disappointed today at the embassy, my certificate is not yet ready for collection cry felt like giving up! I was told to call a number tomorrow to see if it is ready. enrollment in school is 8th of sept, i need to be there that day. only God knows when i will get my certificate. Already sent them a mail though, they should make it available for collection tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2016
Paid for DHL to deliver them to me from my school but was told the school is closed. Meaning I have to wait till 31st when school resumes. Before I get it. How much did u renew ur PCC? Did mine on 8 of June. Does that mean u will have to legalize it again? Just kind of depressed with the whole stuff. Saw someone who collected his certificate after 3 months of investigation even heard some saying they bribe the so called investigator. The whole story made me very sad today. All the same I wont give up!
objifeanyi:
Hiya Zendman, very unfortunate but call them or write them an e mail explaining your plight and should your document be ready, they should send you a notification by mail. I tried it and it worked for me...

I also have not applied because I am still expecting my translated copy of my PCC from Vivian. In between I will advise you also request the originals of your documents from the school - admission letter, school fess payment, scholarship letter...etc. I will receive my Spanish translation on Friday and hopefully will apply next week.

Let us all keep faith it will all end up in praise by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 10:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
zendman:
Paid for DHL to deliver them to me from my school but was told the school is closed. Meaning I have to wait till 31st when school resumes. Before I get it. How much did u renew ur PCC? Did mine on 8 of June. Does that mean u will have to legalize it again? Just kind of depressed with the whole stuff. Saw someone who collected his certificate after 3 months of investigation even heard some saying they bribe the so called investigator. The whole story made me very sad today. All the same I wont give up!

Don't give up! I had similar challenges. PCC expiration-this was why I said not to do it early because it might expire. I think you have to legalize it. Phew! I understand how it feels. That sinking feeling and you want to abandon ship but don't.

School resumption. OMG!!! Take a chill pill. Wait till your school resumes on the 31st, get a resumption extension letter from them, legalize your PCC but enquire whether you need to legalize this expired version since it is truly not your fault and it wasn't mine either. Bombard the consulate visa section with emails. Find their specific email it should have visa something in it complain and rant. I used this and it worked wonders for me. Rant, rant, rant and rant but in a clearly thought out and logical way.

Once more, keep up the fight don't give up and we may yet meet in the beautiful city of Barcelona.

Just thought to warn you guys, Spain is facing a very dry moment with respect to its economy. So don't expect too much as this ain't UK, Germany or the US. The kind of jobs usually available are bar tending jobs, salesman jobs etc not the kind of job you probably dream about hehehehe. I seriously wanted to come back after my studies but something dropped for me. Doesn't mean I won't be coming back though. There are more opportunities in Nigeria than Spain. The only thing that irks me is the power situation and the rough traffic in Lagos if not I would have come back home a long time ago.

Cheer up guys!!!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 6:42am On Aug 26, 2016
Hiya Zendman

It cost me about N2500 to do a new PCC, the pink copy only and you will have to authenticate it again in Abuja then submit all of it for legalization. I was able to do mine including legalization in less than 10 days. However in submitting for both authentication and legalization you will need to attach the previous ones along side so that the MOFA and Consulate will understand why you are only bringing a pink copy.

Please never give up... Hey just on legalization they will only legalized the new pink copy but will need to sight the expired one. If you can submit on a Monday you can get it on a Thursday same week

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
That's what most people say at the embassy and even the world economic news place them low in terms of employment. Anyway what's important is just to get the degree and move on from their, may have to opt for an exchange program in Germany or Japan after my first semester since my school has an exchange program with some school in those countries and many other countries. Anyway will cross the bridge when we get there.
BTW how about the so called teaching English as a foreign language which I heard is quite common in madrid and Barcelona. You should be through now with your program I guess.
@objifeanyi called the embassy and I also wrote them but was told they will get back to me as soon as they receive it. Told them to send me the lawyers number but no reply to that request yet. I just pray I get it next week Thursday.
1andonly:

Don't give up! I had similar challenges. PCC expiration-this was why I said not to do it early because it might expire. I think you have to legalize it. Phew! I understand how it feels. That sinking feeling and you want to abandon ship but don't.

School resumption. OMG!!! Take a chill pill. Wait till your school resumes on the 31st, get a resumption extension letter from them, legalize your PCC but enquire whether you need to legalize this expired version since it is truly not your fault and it wasn't mine either. Bombard the consulate visa section with emails. Find their specific email it should have visa something in it complain and rant. I used this and it worked wonders for me. Rant, rant, rant and rant but in a clearly thought out and logical way.

Once more, keep up the fight don't give up and we may yet meet in the beautiful city of Barcelona.

Just thought to warn you guys, Spain is facing a very dry moment with respect to its economy. So don't expect too much as this ain't UK, Germany or the US. The kind of jobs usually available are bar tending jobs, salesman jobs etc not the kind of job you probably dream about hehehehe.
I seriously wanted to come back after my studies but something dropped for me. Doesn't mean I won't be coming back though. There are more opportunities in Nigeria than Spain. The only thing that irks me is the power situation and the rough traffic in Lagos if not I would have come back home a long time ago.

Cheer up guys!!!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Timossa(m): 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, I can teach anyone of you Spanish language. I am a Spanish Lecturer in County College of Arts and Business Management (CABM). Feel free to get across to me. My email is: oghoghoshatrain@gmail.com or call me on: 090-8110-8687. Gracias.

bola07:
Hello.... please can anyone explain deeply! am a tennis player and I was invited in a tennis academy for 6 months program in Barcelona, please what are the visa requirements pls thanks
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nkay14: 7:59pm On Aug 26, 2016
[quote author=Seunbunmi post=33095755]

Hello, thanks for starting this thread, quite insightful. I recently won an Erasmus Masters scholarship and my first mobility country is Spain. Waiting for my school to send the necessary documents. So I will be visiting the Spanish Embassy soon.

Also I would be going to Barcelona!

Regards.

Wow congratulations on your scholarship! I'm so happy for you like it was me grin. I'm also applying for the Erasmus Masters scholarship in Educational Policies for Global Development (2016 application for 2017 intakes). Please i would really need your guidance for my application. My email address is nkechi.osuji14@gmail.com. Would be happy to hear from you soonest. thanks and God bless!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
[quote author=Nkay14 post=48829083][/quote]

First mistake made is posting your email on here for scammers.

You can easily send him a message on Nairaland which he'd get as a notification on his private email.

I will possibly put in a word or two for you seeing I know him.

Cheers!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:35pm On Aug 26, 2016
zendman:
That's what most people say at the embassy and even the world economic news place them low in terms of employment. Anyway what's important is just to get the degree and move on from their, may have to opt for an exchange program in Germany or Japan after my first semester since my school has an exchange program with some school in those countries and many other countries. Anyway will cross the bridge when we get there.
BTW how about the so called teaching English as a foreign language which I heard is quite common in madrid and Barcelona. You should be through now with your program I guess.
@objifeanyi called the embassy and I also wrote them but was told they will get back to me as soon as they receive it. Told them to send me the lawyers number but no reply to that request yet. I just pray I get it next week Thursday.

To be sure, I am done with my program. As for Teaching English as a Foreign Language that one dey don't think I've tried to explore that option.

You still have options though. When you come around you can assess them but just bear in mind that they'd be somewhat inferior to what you'd get in the UK, US or Germany.

Cheers!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2016
Hey guys,
Any news from anyone yet?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2016
Will be going to collect my legalised certificate tomorrow. Will apply for visa next week by God's grace.
ManCiCi1:
Hey guys,
Any news from anyone yet?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
zendman:
Will be going to collect my legalised certificate tomorrow. Will apply for visa next week by God's grace.

Hiya @ zendman, congrats I submitted my application today... on waiting mode and praying it'll be successful smiley

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 4:28pm On Aug 30, 2016
It will be successful, so what and what did you submit? Like how much was in your personal account? Once again Congrat. We will celebrate the good news smiley
objifeanyi:

Hiya @ zendman, congrats I submitted my application today... on waiting mode and praying it'll be successful smiley

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hopefully it'll be ready and I pray no stories. Btw I thought Thursdays alone was for collection
zendman:
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
It'll definitely be successful. Congrats!
objifeanyi:

Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 10:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
ManCiCi1:
Hopefully it'll be ready and I pray no stories. Btw I thought Thursdays alone was for collection

Hiya MaCiCi1, Thursdays are for collection but the embassy could call/mail (most times mail) you to pick up your doc any day especially if you have been interacting with them on e mail.

I had same situation where I submitted for legalization on a Wednesday and was asked to pick it up Thursday the upper week, only for me to get an e mail on Friday morning (same week of submission) that it was ready and I could pick it up either that day or Monday

You suppose trust naaaa... ai pick am up sharp sharp that Friday wink grin

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
ManCiCi1:
It'll definitely be successful. Congrats!

Thanks and same for all of you too... like I mentioned it will all end up in praise
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 10:57pm On Aug 30, 2016
zendman:
It will be successful, so what and what did you submit? Like how much was in your personal account? Once again Congrat. We will celebrate the good news smiley

Hiya zendman, this answer would have been best if I had collected my visa because the officer at the consulate does not return your statement of account if it is insufficient or the embassy give an indication of a minimum monthly expenses in euros.

In any case I had excess of N3m and I used the below logic;

I contacted my school for the minimum living expenses in a month and it totaled to 600 Eur. I added 25% more to it to make it 850 eur/month hence I had to budget 8,500 Eur for my 10 months course. On the conversion to Naira, I noticed that all the fees recently have gone up by at least 43% with visa fees going up by 47%, I used it in converting to Naira with the base as the old rate of circa (N230/Eur) and leaving me with the formular (8500*230*1.47). I left the balance as excess just in case... all in a bid to reduce my margin of error grin

Not sure if the money is sufficient or my conversion logic correct... I can only hope and pray that I am granted visa...

Hey one more thing, I already paid all my school fees before applying for visa and I was glad to have done that because I was able to get CBN funds for over 64% of my school fees before the devaluation and used the parallel market to sort out the balance... imagine if I have to pay 12,300 Eur in today's economics sad... would seriously re think this whole PG cum Spanish visa wahalla angry
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 7:29am On Aug 31, 2016
Phew! I like u are going for economics, this ur analysis no be small grin, anyway I used about 850 to calculate, and I also have added my sponsors account statement. But ur fees is quite hight, over 12000 euros for a one year course, mine is 7500 for the whole two years.
objifeanyi:

Hiya zendman, this answer would have been best if I had collected my visa because the officer at the consulate does not return your statement of account if it is insufficient or the embassy give an indication of a minimum monthly expenses in euros.

In any case I had excess of N3m and I used the below logic;

I contacted my school for the minimum living expenses in a month and it totaled to 600 Eur. I added 25% more to it to make it 850 eur/month hence I had to budget 8,500 Eur for my 10 months course. On the conversion to Naira, I noticed that all the fees recently have gone up by at least 43% with visa fees going up by 47%, I used it in converting to Naira with the base as the old rate of circa (N230/Eur) and leaving me with the formular (8500*230*1.47). I left the balance as excess just in case... all in a bid to reduce my margin of error grin

Not sure if the money is sufficient or my conversion logic correct... I can only hope and pray that I am granted visa...

Hey one more thing, I already paid all my school fees before applying for visa and I was glad to have done that because I was able to get CBN funds for over 64% of my school fees before the devaluation and used the parallel market to sort out the balance... imagine if I have to pay 12,300 Eur in today's economics sad... would seriously re think this whole PG cum Spanish visa wahalla angry
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2016
zendman:
Phew! I like u are going for economics, this ur analysis no be small grin, anyway I used about 850 to calculate, and I also have added my sponsors account statement. But ur fees is quite hight, over 12000 euros for a one year course, mine is 7500 for the whole two years.

Hahahahahaha 10 months for a Masters course in Economics.... I will jump at it bro... cheesy but most unlikely.... undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (41) (Reply)

STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.