Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (155979 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
ManCiCi1:
Thanks. I'm worried my application would take a longer time cos they accepted all my documents except the Medical certificate cos of the omission of "...international health rules of 2005" and I was given 10 working days to get a new one. But Vivian can only get me the translated copy by next week Thursday/friday. So I'm confused if disturbing them with mails would be logical.
Plus which airline do you think is most appropriate and cheaper with our crazy economy and high price of everything in Nigeria.

Not sure this will help I also think you can turn it around in that period, I hear of an Alhaji guy around SON that can do translation in 3-5 days, medical certificate can be issued in a day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
I think their solution is God since when did they start to ask for " according to 2005.. bla bla bla " the truth is if u want follow the whole protocol under the short notice you will just get crushed. Anyway I'm going tomorrow banking on God alone. It's well.
ManCiCi1:
Yes I have. But my Medical certificate was rejected.
So please this is to reiterate what has always been emphasized for those who are going through this thread. Make sure you follow all their requirements to the letter cos they don't joke around.
I tried to plead for exemption but I was told to "...do the right thing"
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
zendman:
I think their solution is God since when did they start to ask for " according to 2005.. bla bla bla " the truth is if u want follow the whole protocol under the short notice you will just get crushed. Anyway I'm going tomorrow banking on God alone. It's well.

Hiya zendman, if you followed the thread from 1andonly at the start, you will see it stated and the guys that applied then were told to make sure it was included. I also insisted when I went to do my medicals that it be included.
You can try but I have noticed that as much as you can reduce your margin of error you are better off in this whole visa thingy.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2016
objifeanyi:

Hiya may be I have a bigger confession to give.... Glory! Glory!! Glory!!! the embassy wrote me this morning that my visa has been approved. I will be picking it up tomorrow.

I wish you all the best and well done to 1andonly not only for starting this thread but still finding time to respond to some of our questions... I will try to follow suit.

All the best guys and peace out smiley

Congrats bro. Where are you headed for Barcelona or Madrid? You can get in touch if you come to Barcelona.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
objifeanyi:

Hiya zendman, if you followed the thread from 1andonly at the start, you will see it stated and the guys that applied then were told to make sure it was included. I also insisted when I went to do my medicals that it be included.
You can try but I have noticed that as much as you can reduce your margin of error you are better off in this whole visa thingy.

This is a very vital point people miss on here. When I was applying I saw nothing on Spain. I read most of the threads on other Schengen countries on Nairaland- every relevant post- before starting this. Even though some rules have changed in the application, reading this stuff gives you the basics without needing to fall prey to any agent.

I spent more for sure but with an agent it would have been more expensive and you don't even know what fake documents they might include in your application.

With the additional info you guys have got, most people can confidently apply for a Spanish student visa knowing what to expect all the way.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2016
1andonly:

Congrats bro. Where are you headed for Barcelona or Madrid? You can get in touch if you come to Barcelona.

Thanks bro, I am in the middle of these two cities... Zaragoza cheesy. In any case and should I come to Barcelona, I will touch base with you

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
submitted my application today but they didn't collect my accommodation and medical certificate. Will give them that on wednessday. Mehn the process is really involve than i thought. Anyway @mancici. Have you contacted vivian for the medical translation? she called this afternoon and i told her i want to pay for DHL delivery so if you are interested you can holla her and tell her to add yours so you can collect it on Wednesday. peace.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 10:57am On Sep 11, 2016
Yes I've contacted her and she has confirmed that I'd get my document tomorrow. Thanks man!
zendman:
submitted my application today but they didn't collect my accommodation and medical certificate. Will give them that on wednessday. Mehn the process is really involve than i thought. Anyway @mancici. Have you contacted vivian for the medical translation? she called this afternoon and i told her i want to pay for DHL delivery so if you are interested you can holla her and tell her to add yours so you can collect it on Wednesday. peace.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Levels731: 11:00am On Sep 12, 2016
[quote author=Seunbunmi post=34742874]

@geniuzio... Congrats on scholarship! Have you received your final docs from your school? What stage are you in your visa processing? I am yet to start my visa processing, waiting to receive final docs from my school. But 1andonly, has been of great help and at the frontier... Just as he said, welcome on board! grin

[sex ]
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
@zendman It was a pleasure meeting you today. Were you able to submit the documents?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2016
My pleasure too. I was able to submit it and currently in waiting mood. When is your school resuming? Mine resumes 15th sept.
At last we scaled through the hurdles of "paper work" I strongly believe it will end in praises to God. Let's just hang in there. We will all meet in barcelona to celebrate God's favour.
ManCiCi1:
@zendman It was a pleasure meeting you today. Were you able to submit the documents?

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 8:16am On Sep 15, 2016
Thank God there wasn't any more complaints. My school has resumed since Sept 5th. I hope they would really expedite the whole process. And yes by God's grace everything would end in praises and celebration.
zendman:
My pleasure too. I was able to submit it and currently in waiting mood. When is your school resuming? Mine resumes 15th sept.
At last we scaled through the hurdles of "paper work" I strongly believe it will end in praises to God. Let's just hang in there. We will all meet in barcelona to celebrate God's favour.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 11:24am On Sep 15, 2016
@obycindy any news
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Skelewudprince: 10:43am On Sep 17, 2016
zendman:

@Zendman, since they already told me that they would investigate me and ofcourse if they do, my pcc will expire before I submit my application, would it be reasonable for me to legalise the pcc now or I should just wait till the investigation is almost completed so that I will get a new pcc and legalize and also translate. Kindly advise. I hope they give me appointment nextweek for legalisation.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by obycindy: 11:00am On Sep 17, 2016
Not yet.still waiting to hear from them.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:04am On Sep 17, 2016
Hey guys, I just thought a word of advise won't be out of place here especially for folks like objifeanyi who just his visa approved.

Watch, watch and watch this video before coming and even after you're here. You'd learn a lot Spanish and you'd be better off than me in many ways especially with respect to landing a job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuFDafzAZ_w

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 11:46am On Sep 17, 2016
Just wait in fact I will advice you not to get the PCC now, wait till like a week before the end of your investigation then proceed to legalise so you won't have to spend double cash like I did.
Skelewudprince:

@Zendman, since they already told me that they would investigate me and ofcourse if they do, my pcc will expire before I submit my application, would it be reasonable for me to legalise the pcc now or I should just wait till the investigation is almost completed so that I will get a new pcc and legalize and also translate. Kindly advise. I hope they give me appointment nextweek for legalisation.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2016
OK.
obycindy:
Not yet.still waiting to hear from them.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Skelewudprince: 10:19am On Sep 18, 2016
I have about a million naira in my account and my sponsor has about 10m naira in his accout, do you think the embassy will accept this ?

objifeanyi:

Hiya zendman, this answer would have been best if I had collected my visa because the officer at the consulate does not return your statement of account if it is insufficient or the embassy give an indication of a minimum monthly expenses in euros.

In any case I had excess of N3m and I used the below logic;

I contacted my school for the minimum living expenses in a month and it totaled to 600 Eur. I added 25% more to it to make it 850 eur/month hence I had to budget 8,500 Eur for my 10 months course. On the conversion to Naira, I noticed that all the fees recently have gone up by at least 43% with visa fees going up by 47%, I used it in converting to Naira with the base as the old rate of circa (N230/Eur) and leaving me with the formular (8500*230*1.47). I left the balance as excess just in case... all in a bid to reduce my margin of error grin

Not sure if the money is sufficient or my conversion logic correct... I can only hope and pray that I am granted visa...

Hey one more thing, I already paid all my school fees before applying for visa and I was glad to have done that because I was able to get CBN funds for over 64% of my school fees before the devaluation and used the parallel market to sort out the balance... imagine if I have to pay 12,300 Eur in today's economics sad... would seriously re think this whole PG cum Spanish visa wahalla angry
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Skelewudprince: 10:24am On Sep 18, 2016
@ Zendman, Why didnt they collect your accommodation and medical certificate?

Please share the reasons so that we can learn from it.

zendman:
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
for accommodation i got it through uniplaces.com and they only gave me their receipt of payment but the embassy requested for a contract so i had to get it for them. the medical certificate didn't have the clause "the applicant is not a carrier of any contagious disease, dangerous to public health, in accordance with international health rules of 2005" so make sure yours have it. for your statement of account i will advise you to transfer the 10 million in your sponsors account to yours because they are more interested in ur account. they want to be sure u have the entire amount required for your sponsorship.
Skelewudprince:
@ Zendman, Why didnt they collect your accommodation and medical certificate?

Please share the reasons so that we can learn from it.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Skelewudprince: 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2016
Thanks for your response Zendman.

The statement of account is an issue o. It will be hard for my sponsor to transfer the money in to my account. And even if he does, won't the embassy frown at it.. because I think they will know that the money doesn't truly belong to me.

What if I raise my account to about 3m and still support it with 10m in my sponsor's account?

quote author=zendman post=49464216]for accommodation i got it through uniplaces.com and they only gave me their receipt of payment but the embassy requested for a contract so i had to get it for them. the medical certificate didn't have the clause "the applicant is not a carrier of any contagious disease, dangerous to public health, in accordance with international health rules of 2005" so make sure yours have it. for your statement of account i will advise you to transfer the 10 million in your sponsors account to yours because they are more interested in ur account. they want to be sure u have the entire amount required for your sponsorship. [/quote]
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
Skelewudprince:
I have about a million naira in my account and my sponsor has about 10m naira in his accout, do you think the embassy will accept this ?

Hiya Skelewedprince

I don't know if it will be accepted, however I know you can submit a sponsor's account. I was asked when I went to the embassy but I mentioned self sponsorship. Do not take my word for it but if you have some one pay in money into your account I think it is OK. I also have a gut feel that you are better off with self sponsorship than otherwise. However if your uncle bears same surname as you then you chances are not slim.

During my time I had some one pay in money into my account although not much. But it is a normal practice in all visa application as long as you are smart about it

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2016
Hello... any updates I'm tempted to write them though my school wrote them already before I submitted my application, they need to understand that time is of the essence here, one can't be down here while others are receiving lectures, I am suppose to start my laboratory clearance this week which will give me a little stipends monthly but these people keep delaying this visa ish! After all haven't they verified all documents before submission undecided I don tire for this people, the process is not fare at all for students, u seize my hard earned certificate, seize my bank account now u are still wasting my time undecided @objifeanyi how zaragoza cool
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ogatboy(m): 11:17am On Sep 22, 2016
Who is in Spain now. I want to visit in December. Please PM me
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Skelewudprince: 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2016
zendman:
Hello... any updates I'm tempted to write them though my school wrote them already before I submitted my application, they need to understand that time is of the essence here, one can't be down here while others are receiving lectures, I am suppose to start my laboratory clearance this week which will give me a little stipends monthly but these people keep delaying this visa ish! After all haven't they verified all documents before submission undecided I don tire for this people, the process is not fare at all for students, u seize my hard earned certificate, seize my bank account now u are still wasting my time undecided @objifeanyi how zaragoza cool

I was at the embassy on Tuesday to submit my documents for legalisation. Am in waiting mode now for the next 2 months.. I will do another PCC and translate my documents before the investigation completes.

This thing takes so much time.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obycindy: 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2016
@zendman, is 10 working days today and I have not heard from them. Am worried.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2016
I have been thinking of it too and i feel they should have contacted you by now, Anyway I wrote them today and explained as calm as possible to let them understand that time is not much on my side and classes has began in earnest. In fact I made them understood that the investigation hindered my early application for visa and they have proof of that since we exchanged emails between us on that issue. I also wrote my school today to contact the ministry of foreign affairs in madrid on my behalf and remind the consulate here in Lagos to hasten up, though they contacted them before I applied. All these I did around 5p.m today, I am expecting their reply tomorrow and I believe by God's grace it will be positive. I must say it's really an herculean task infact i keep asking myself what pushed me into routing for spain! when U.S, Italy, Germany and even poland was there as options but i still believe is for the best. Let's just keep praying and believing. We are already at the last phase so we just can't give up now. I think you should contact them as soon as possible.
obycindy:
@zendman, is 10 working days today and I have not heard from them. Am worried.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 10:56pm On Sep 22, 2016
zendman:

Hey Hey Bro,

Wow perhaps I was fortunate... perhaps my school put a lot of pressure on the embassy not sure which one now... but most definitely God's favour... however just hang in there bro, I am sure you will get something positive soon. Just a word of advise because you will be resuming late... try and see if you can access any of your class mates in school and start getting some info regarding courses done, lecture notes, possible dates for assignments and submission. Also contact your school if they can share recorded session of the lectures with you because this will help. If you guys have a WhatsApp group then it is ok, else you can take the initiative to create one (WhatsApp is quite popular here)

As you know I resumed late into my program and it has taken the heck out of me to catch up with a lot of sleepless nights (In fact I haven't yet)... while the school obviously will be supportive of your plight... they may not influence the school calendar just because of you. As you can imagine I only arrived Zaragoza over a week ago and will be having mid term exam in less than two weeks, first project proposal in another six weeks and in the by Feb will be having preliminary defense....

I know this may be too much as you are psychologically down to do such because of visa, but please I will advise you start seeking option of catching up while you are here in Nigeria so you do not have loose a lot of sleep like me cheesy. The visa thingy will come and go and it will be amazing how you will not remember this visa debacle once you arrive in your school.

Lastly, Zaragoza is a cool city and the people here are very friendly and willing to help... if not for the stress of classes, assignments and studies, I am really enjoying my time here.... and thanks for asking.

Again just hang in guys, it will surely end up in praise

3 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hello all... @obycindy were you contacted by the consulate or did you contact them?
My school sent an email today to that they contacted the consulate and the visa dept of the foreign affairs ministry in Madrid and I was asked to send my reference number and that they would follow up. I am still praying seriously for the best outcome!
@objifeanyi thanks for the words of encouragement is really not easy expecting a visa. I do try to interact with my class mates on Facebook cos they have a group there, for now I'm still safe cos I am only doing bridge course this semester and they are just introduction to telecoms.
@mancici1 how you doing, you just hide cool cheesy
It is well my people, we will get there. Na to back am up with serious prayers in fact fast join self smiley God is able!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (41) (Reply)

STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.