Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (155413 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Djdimeji: 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
ask1509:
Here are updates that I think people should know.

1. Legalisation per page at the Spanish consulate is now 3100 per page. Remember to hold the exact amount of money as no change will be given and they won't keep the change. Asking them to keep the change is an easy way to get sent out of the consulate.

2. To avoid investigation for your transcripts and degree certificates, please go to your university and request that official transcripts, copy of your certificate and an attestation letter (confirming that you're a graduate of that school) be sent to the consulate directly from your school's registrar or other office with appropriate jurisdiction. Wait till you're sure they've gotten it at the consulate (confirm by sending them a mail, asking if they've received it, they should reply) before booking appointment and making an appearance. When you get there, tell them your school has sent in official transcripts. Hopefully, they should waive it for you.

That's all I have for now.

Plus N25,600 Visa fee. Effective 1st October, 2017
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obamd: 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2017
I eventual got to use a friend's PayPal account.
Thanks

Djdimeji:

Bank transfer
or
acquire a credit card, and use PayPal. (Normal naira debit mastercards ain't gonna work with paypal)
Re: Spanish Student Visas by mukulu56(m): 11:50am On Oct 28, 2017
Hello am vincent. Virtualpaypalterminal.c o m,
If you require a PayPal account,do check out our service.

You can ring me on 0803-0981624 or have a chat with me on Whatsapp for more details.

Re: Spanish Student Visas by paulodangelo(m): 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2017
To God be the Glory, I arrived Spain. (almost 2 months sha grin

Thanks for the info on this thread. It was a life saver. Abet people should continue to contribute for others. You never know who you are helping. I also want to add a few suggestions to the topic (for the students);

- If you need a part time job, you're better off in the States, England or Canada. You need a passive understanding of Spanish and whole lot of paper work before you see am. Jobs like working in Irish bars, clubs, (maybe cleaning) fit work but your studies might be affected.

- CUT YOUR COAT ACCORDING TO THY SIZE. ORINGO, FAAJI PLENTY FOR HERE O.

- You want to save �, carry your African wakis like ogbono, egusi, ground pepper, cray fish stock � come. Unless you want to blow through your money quickly.

- Make the best of the experience. It's life changing.

-For cheap groceries, Mercadona, Lidl, Carrefour, Dia will serve. Visit them and compare prices. House brands are cheaper but if you buy foreign brands, it could be expensive.

- If you in Barcelona, be careful. Pickpockets are in the crowded areas.

- The Pakistani and Indians sell lot of African, oriental and carribean groceries. So if you looking for garri, beans, plantains (the markets gave them too) you'll get them there. Finally,

YOU'LL ASK YOURSELF WHAT IN HEAVENS NAME IS WRONG WITH NIGERIA.

once again to those that started and contributed to the thread, baba God bless you.
-

5 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Djdimeji: 11:22am On Nov 07, 2017
paulodangelo:
To God be the Glory, I arrived Spain. (almost 2 months sha grin

Thanks for the info on this thread. It was a life saver. Abet people should continue to contribute for others. You never know who you are helping. I also want to add a few suggestions to the topic (for the students);

- If you need a part time job, you're better off in the States, England or Canada. You need a passive understanding of Spanish and whole lot of paper work before you see am. Jobs like working in Irish bars, clubs, (maybe cleaning) fit work but your studies might be affected.

- You want to save �, carry your African wakis like ogbono, egusi, ground pepper, cray fish stock � come. Unless you want to blow through your money quickly.

-For cheap groceries, Mercadona, Lidl, Carrefour, Dia will serve. Visit them and compare prices. House brands are cheaper but if you buy foreign brands, it could be expensive.

- The Pakistani and Indians sell lot of African, oriental and carribean groceries. So if you looking for garri, beans, plantains (the markets gave them too) you'll get them there. Finally,

once again to those that started and contributed to the thread, baba God bless you.
-

Congratulations!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Djdimeji: 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
Visa forms (National)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by obamd: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
so I got my visa today.
This thread was helpful, the process is mad rigorous. I visited the embassy 7 times.
In all, I think it's worth the hustle.

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 8:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
Congratulations

quote author=paulodangelo post=62132735]To God be the Glory, I arrived Spain. (almost 2 months sha grin

-

[/quote]
Re: Spanish Student Visas by sethmelia002: 6:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
objifeanyi Please who on this thread is in Jaen, it is boring here as hell.Any Naija please hola!:
Congratulations

quote author=paulodangelo post=62132735]To God be the Glory, I arrived Spain. (almost 2 months sha grin

-

Re: Spanish Student Visas by sethmelia002: 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
[Please somebody in Jaen or Granada or Malaga? I need to speak to someone.

quote author=objifeanyi post=62623846]Congratulations

-

[/quote]
Re: Spanish Student Visas by sethmelia002: 8:56am On Dec 06, 2017
Anybody in Jaen on this thread, or Granada. I can't find any Nigerian at my University.Please I will like to speak with someone
Re: Spanish Student Visas by sethmelia002: 8:57am On Dec 06, 2017
K
Re: Spanish Student Visas by sethmelia002: 8:59am On Dec 06, 2017
Anybody in Jaen or Malaga? Can't find any Nigerian here at my University. I need help...
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obamd: 12:40am On Dec 22, 2017
Anyone in Barcelona or madrid here available for a three day tour/hangout? Anytime between 24th and 6th January, please holler.

I’ll be coming in from Oviedo.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by TOYOSI1301: 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2018
please any Nigerian going to study in Spain, Barcelona who can help me out with the visa process thank you
Re: Spanish Student Visas by TOYOSI1301: 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2018
i need urgent help, resumption is april and i dont even know what to do about the legalization and translation please pls
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2018
TOYOSI1301:
i need urgent help, resumption is april and i dont even know what to do about the legalization and translation please pls
Read the tread from the beginning. Not so much have changed. Get CTC of ur certificates and transcripts, authenticate them, legalize and translate. Goodluck. I am Planning to booked for legalization soonest
Re: Spanish Student Visas by TOYOSI1301: 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2018
make una help me oo, i got someone to help me with the legalization of my documents which he collected 10000 per page ministry of education and 5000 per page for ministry of foreign affairs and now the guy is telling me i will pay 10000 per page to translate again and he is saying i will still have to pay another 80000 for the consulate to verify my admission letter in Spain, please i want to know if this guy is not trying to scam me and if anyone can introduce me to someone who can help and make it easy for me, my resumption is first week in april. thank you
Re: Spanish Student Visas by TOYOSI1301: 6:40pm On Jan 24, 2018
efeturi3:

Read the tread from the beginning. Not so much have changed. Get CTC of ur certificates and transcripts, authenticate them, legalize and translate. Goodluck. I am Planning to booked for legalization soonest
pls can i get ur contact.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
TOYOSI1301:
make una help me oo, i got someone to help me with the legalization of my documents which he collected 10000 per page ministry of education and 5000 per page for ministry of foreign affairs and now the guy is telling me i will pay 10000 per page to translate again and he is saying i will still have to pay another 80000 for the consulate to verify my admission letter in Spain, please i want to know if this guy is not trying to scam me and if anyone can introduce me to someone who can help and make it easy for me, my resumption is first week in april. thank you
TOYOSI1301:
If u follow the tread, u will know that alot of persons benefited from this forum and they are already in Spain with giving one naira to any agent. I still advice u, follow the tread. Don't give money to anyone. Authentication at ministry of education is N300/page and ministry of foreign affairs is N1000/page. Do this thing urself. This is my email. efeturi3@gmail.com
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ask1509(m): 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2018
Please I am in an urgent need of a medical certificate. Preferably, I need it tomorrow to be able to meet my deadline. I want to use it for spanish visa so I think it must be a doctor's report or statement and it must contain the statement "the patient has been examined and found free of any contagious diseases according to the International Health Regulation 2005".

Please can anybody recommend to me where I can get this. Can I use a private hospital? This is very urgent and I'll appreciate your instant reply.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obamd: 12:25am On Feb 23, 2018
@1509.
You can get it fROM LASUTH, 5K. I could give you someone's contact if you're interested. Reach out.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ask1509(m): 12:53pm On Mar 28, 2018
After a lengthy, tedious and involving process of almost 8 months, I finally got my visa today from the consulate. What made mine so lengthy is because I was a processing a work visa. I can't thank everybody that has contributed on this thread enough. Without the info here, process would have been much more difficult. Thanks to @obamd for the help with the medical. I appreciate you sir.

At a later time, I'll write in details about the process I went through, as a contribution to this thread. Perhaps, someone will find it useful later.

Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 30, 2018
[quote author=ask1509 post=66230239]After a lengthy, tedious and involving process of almost 8 months, I finally got my visa today from the consulate. What made mine so lengthy is because I was a processing a work visa. I can't thank everybody that has contributed on this thread enough. Without the info here, process would have been much more difficult. Thanks to @obamd for the help with the medical. I appreciate you sir.

At a later time, I'll write in details about the process I went through, as a contribution to this thread. Perhaps, someone will find it useful later.

Thanks
Congratulations grin grin grin grin. I am really happy for you. Please do share your experience here. Safe flight
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 30, 2018
ask1509:
After a lengthy, tedious and involving process of almost 8 months, I finally got my visa today from the consulate. What made mine so lengthy is because I was a processing a work visa. I can't thank everybody that has contributed on this thread enough. Without the info here, process would have been much more difficult. Thanks to @obamd for the help with the medical. I appreciate you sir.

Thanks
Congratulations. We thank God
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Johnywaka: 1:11pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hello house, please can someone give me the list of health insurance companies that Spanish consulate accept. Also does anyone here have contacts of approved translators. Thank you.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 3:28am On Apr 05, 2018
Johnywaka:
Hello house, please can someone give me the list of health insurance companies that Spanish consulate accept. Also does anyone here have contacts of approved translators. Thank you.
Na woooo. Zedman, u people should answer us na. Just read the tread (1 to 4), you found some names there. Again, there is one guy I met at the consulate office who said he can help in translation. But I don't know if it is authentic. Halla me efeturi3@gmail.com
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ask1509(m): 9:53am On Apr 21, 2018
To God be the glory, I arrived in Madrid on Thursday, April 19. Before I get busy with work, let me keep my promise of updating the thread about the process I went through in getting my work permit.

Background: I had a bachelor's degree in statistics at a Nigerian university (second class upper) after which I got a scholarship from African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) for a master's degree in mathematical sciences at one of their centres, located in Cameroon. After that I started seeking a PhD position and I came across a research institute in Madrid who employs PhD students (as research assistants) and pays them while they register and do their PhD in a partner university close by. One of the profs (who is now my supervisor) posted an opening which I found on one of the scholarship websites while hunting for scholarships. Long story short, I applied, was interviewed 2 times and was given the position in July last year.

Process: Since the position is an employment, I needed a work/residence visa for research. First thing I had to do was legalise my bachelor's degree certificate and my master's degree certificate. Since my master's degree certificate was issued by a Cameroonian institution, I had to do the legalisation of my master's degree in Cameroon by first taking it to Cameroonian ministry of higher education for authentication, then Cameroonian ministry of foreign affairs, translate documents to Spanish and then legalise at the Spanish consulate in Yaounde. I had to tell someone to help with all of this process in Cameroon as I could not travel to Cameroon myself (this legalisation process in Cameroon cost me a lot of money transferred through Western Union, documents sent and received via DHL uncountable time etc. at a point, I became a regular customer at the DHL office in my neighborhood). While all that was going on, I faced the legalisation process of my bachelor's degree in Nigeria.

First I was told at the Spanish consulate that I must do investigation which I refused. Fortunately, I met a guy the first time I visited the consulate and he gave an inside info of what I should have done to avoid investigation. I should have gone to my university and requested that my official transcripts, signed copy of my certificate, and a letter of attestation stating that I am a graduate of the university be sent directly to the consulate from my university's registrar or any other office of appropriate jurisdiction. So I refused the investigation the first day, went back to my university and asked that all the stated documents be sent to the consulate. I waited like 2 weeks after which I sent the consulate an email asking if they've received them. I received a confirmation the next day that they've been received. I booked another appointment again and found my way to the consulate in Lagos. This time, my certificate and transcript were accepted for legalisation without investigation.

After legalising my certificates, I sent them (the legalised originals) to my research institute which they used in applying for a work permit for me. The work permit essentially consist of my labour contract with the institute and a document called favorable resolution. The favorable resolution states the number of years of the work permit and is also the proof that the Government of Madrid have approved your work permit. It took a bit more than 2 months from the time I sent my legalised certificates (to my institute) till the time the work permit application was successful. I was then sent the favorable resolution and labor contract which I used in applying for the visa at the Spanish consulate in Lagos.

The tricky part however, is that the favorable resolution expires in exactly 30 days and must be used within this period to apply for the visa. Sending the favourable resolution and labour contract from Madrid to me by courier took away approximately 6-7 days which left me about 23 days to use it. Within this 23 day period, I had to get the following documents to apply for the visa (in addition to the favorable resolution and the labour contract sent to me).

1. a police report in Nigeria, authenticated at foreign affairs in Abuja and legalised at the consulate.

2. A medical certificate/report stating that I am free from diseases according to 200....something health regulations. (This document does not need to be legalised). Thanks to obamd for helping out with this. I appreciate.

3. since I stayed like 11 months in Cameroon during my master's study, I also needed a police report from Cameroon. Thankfully, I knew of this earlier and it was part of the documents that was legalised for me Cameroon while I was legalising my Nigerian certificates here. My school in Cameroon helped me get a police report, I went to my local DHL office to go bring it from Cameroon for me so I can put my fingerprint on it, I sent it back through DHL so that it can be authenticated at the foreign affairs after which it was translated to Spanish and submitted at the consulate in Yaounde on my behalf. After it was legalised, the consulate did not release the legalised police report to my contact in Yaounde who submitted it for me. They asked him to go bring a power of attorney from me, and the power of attorney must be authenticated by the police in Nigeria. I had to do a power of attorney here with a notary public, I then wrote a letter to the commissioner of police in my state to authenticate it for me. I submitted both at the commissioner's office myself and was told to come back for it few days later. I went back after some few days, the commissioner had minuted on it and referred it to the police legal department where they put a stamp on it. So I sent the power of attorney to my contact in Cameroon which he used in collecting the legalised police report for me. I then requested my local DHL office to go bring it for me. Thankfully, I did all this process while I was legalising my Cameroonian certificates and it went on till during the time my institute was processing the work permit. So the legalised police report together with its translations were ready by the time the favourable resolution arrived as I couldn't have achieved all these within the 23 days window.

4. translation of my Nigerian police report and medical certificate. My institute handled this for me and sent them to me via UPS within the 23 days period. I scanned it to them and they sent me via email the translations after which they sent the original translations by courier. Since the original translations didn't arrive on time, I printed in colour the translations sent to me via email and used it for the visa app. Surprisingly, they were not rejected.

In summary, I applied for the visa exactly 1 day before the favourable resolution expired and I was called to come pick it up exactly 2 weeks after. I got my offer letter early July (first or send of July) and I got the visa March ending making the process almost 9 months worth of rigorous "paper work".

Phewwww embarassed that is the long process I had to pass through. Anyways, I hope someone will find this helpful.

Thanks again for the contributions on this thread, the process would have been much harder. Regards.

5 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 12:39am On May 04, 2018
Nice thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (41) (Reply)

STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.