Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. (27159 Views)

David Oloyelogun Emerges New Speaker Of Ondo House Of Assembly / Police Shut Ondo House Of Assembly (video) / PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
where is retar demdem, shey you were insulting me over this issue on one thread.

have you seen it now that tambuwal erred and should be sacked from the house.

2 Likes

Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
CharlesPhc:
Justice delayed is justice denied...!!! So since 2011 its now they are delivering judgment. Sha he should better return all the salaries and constituency project monies collected all these years

You bad gan o grin grin grin grin grin

If the bolded is included in the judgement Mr defector go port commot for Nigeria today via Chad grin grin grin grin or get heart attack shocked

I wish that's included in the judgement sha to teach our politicians a big lessson and make defection a serious affair grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by synergycom19: 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
Very good,show them how to behave in a sane society

1 Like

Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by chonchoro(m): 3:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
Am watin for a law that will come up stopin all these unwarranted diffection that is the other of the day in our Nigeria democracy
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Alexandro2(m): 3:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
It means dt mimiko shld leave office......
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
emperorceaser:
Nice one from the judiciary

So there will be by-election? Lol
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Strongfaze(m): 3:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
Since na Supreme court the matter don close.
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by esere826: 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
atlwireles:
Great one, my PDP will now remain in one piece. No more defection by night anymore. cool
I guess none elected folks can still defect
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by atlwireles: 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
esere826:

I guess none elected folks can still defect

They are normally not the problem.
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by esere826: 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
uken73:
Omo see Gobe. The era of getting a position through a party and dumping it soon after is over.
I think there should even be more stringent rules for switching parties, even for non-office holders. That will better strengthen democracy. Not that almost every politician will abandon ship when their party looses thereby leaving the polity without strong opposition.

I agree
there should be more hurdles for none-elected officials too
this would ensure that when you are going into a party you are sure that its constituents are like-minded

kudos to the judiciary although this was late in coming
however its lateness enabled APC succeed, and it was important that the system was given a shock that opposition is able to win at the federal level too

1 Like

Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by sparkleboy(m): 3:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by esere826: 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
atlwireles:

They are normally not the problem.

Agreed
but if hurdles are introduced to slow them down from switching at the drop of a hat
I think it would prevent parties from thinning out too quickly like ANPP thinned out fast
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by niceguy7(m): 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
Mimiko shld tnk his God..that labour party didn't take his case to court...he would hv bn defeated tru the supreme court as well.
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Akainzo(m): 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
arsetalkshere:
This is interesting. Although Tambuwal has become governor of his state but considering there is still a case in court and now this judgement, would be interesting to see what happens to Tambuwal vs PDP case.m

I believe the key part of this judgement is clear: Defection to another party is allowed ONLY when there is DIVISION IN THE NATIONAL STRUCTURE of the party.

So if Tambuwal can prove that there was division in the national structure of PDP, then he would have to lose his position as HOR member.
Clearly though, Tambuwal cited happenings in his STATE, thus he is not going to have any grounds to stand on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by esere826: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
Akainzo:

I believe the key part of this judgement is clear: Defection to another party is allowed ONLY when there is DIVISION IN THE NATIONAL STRUCTURE of the party.

So if Tambuwal can prove that there was division in the national structure of PDP, then he would have to lose his position as HOR member.
Clearly though, Tambuwal cited happenings in his STATE, thus he is not going to have any grounds to stand on.

it took 4 years for this case to get here
I don't think it will affect Tambuwal.
Our judiciary is notoriously slow

Even if it does affect him, he would be hinted so he can bow out gracefully
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Ultimate001: 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
xamuel17:
i wan shave today, my bush dey scratch me
tell that to whosoever cares to hear! In anoda news, u r a sharp contrast to ur name. The good news however, is that you can be better....
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Tonason: 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
emperorceaser:
The Supreme Court on Friday ordered ‎ a member of House of Representatives representing Akure South/North Federal Constituency of Ondo State, ‎Ifedayo Abegunde, to vacate his seat on account of his defection from the Labour Party, which sponsored his election in 2011, to the now defunct Action Congress of Nigeria.
‎In a unanimous decision by the seven-man panel, led by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mahmud Mohammed, the apex court held that Abegunde’s defection could not be justified since his excuse of purported division in the Labour Party was not in existence in the “national structure” of the party.
The court noted that the division and factionalisation, cited by Abegunde as his excuse for abandoning the LP, was only at the state level.

Justice Musa Muhammad, who read the lead judgment, held that only a “division” that makes it “impossible or impracticable” for the party to function, by virtue of the provision in Section 68(1)(g) of the constitution, justifies a person’s defection to another party.

Abegunde had defected from LP to the ACN in 2011, and in a bid to pre-empt the party from recalling him, filed a suit at the Federal High Court.

He lost the case at the Federal High Court and the Court of Appeal and subsequently appealed to the Supreme Court.

Details later…

http://www.punchng.com/news/defection-supreme-court-orders-ondo-rep-to-vacate-seat/

After how many years? It is of no use again because he is leaving next month.

1 Like

Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by blaqqyboi: 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
Was it not in the same Ondo State and same Labour party Governor Mimiko defected from? Guess he will also need to vacate his own seat too.
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Ephemmm: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
ozoigbondu:
The law should start descending heavily on political prostuties we are in a democracy not Jumpocracy.

Really! But why can't the law take effect on the acting Governor who defected from LP to PDP?
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by ozoigbondu: 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ephemmm:

Really! But why can't the law take effect on the acting Governor who defected from LP to PDP?

The law is blind and when booting him out should also boot out the 5 governors that defected to APC
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Demdem(m): 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
aguiyi:
where is retar demdem, shey you were insulting me over this issue on one thread.

have you seen it now that tambuwal erred and should be sacked from the house.

Fool, have been here before u. Go up and see my post. Did u see the reason the supreme court gave? how will this apply to Tambuwal? Have u heard of nPDP? was it at the national level or state level? U dont sound smart at all.
Above all, oya go to court now on Tambuwals case.
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
Demdem:

Fool, have been here before u. Go up and see my post. Did u see the reason the supreme court gave? how will this apply to Tambuwal? Have u heard of nPDP? was it at the national level or state level? U dont sound smart at all.
Above all, oya go to court now on Tambuwals case.

anuofia
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Demdem(m): 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
aguiyi:

anuofia

ur papa
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Nicepoker(m): 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
xamuel17:
simple. Rub petrol on the stuff. Us candle to finish the job. No shaving for life. U can thank me later. Remember. a trial will convince u.
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by slimfit1(m): 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
Mimiko is in trouble.
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Nicepoker(m): 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
xamuel17:
simple. Rub petrol on the stuff. Us candle to finish the job. No shaving for life. U can thank me later. Remember. a trial will convince u..
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by mikolo80: 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
SINCE 2011
WHAT THE USE IF YOU WILL STILL COMPLETE YOUR TERM
STUPPID JUDICIARY
ANYWAY MAY 29 LOOADING
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Fourwinds: 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
Sweetcollins:
Okay o... Afta how many years
Meanwhile, I want to go to London and rest in peace
rest in peace. oboy cancel dat side jooo
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by Fourwinds: 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lemon12:
Fuuuck buhari.

Bleep. Apc
it seems ur head has gone haywire.chei.!!!
Re: Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. by donveekings: 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Occurstaem:
Since 2011.
This is the real issue. General Buhari should look into the slow motion that is synonymous to our judicial sector. Thank God our vice president-elect is a lawyer. Our judiciary should braze up in delivering its verdict.
Children everywhere u turn on naira land! What has a lawyer V.P got to do with the judiciary? Was he not part of Lagos state government? And worked directly with the ministry of justice?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambode Fires CEO Of Lastma, Arabamen / Community Policing: FG Constables Won’t Get Salary, It’s Voluntary – Police / NSCDC Official Fires At A Truck In Akwa Ibom, Kills One (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.