Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1234346 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dragonking2: 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2016
'Batman V Superman' Box Office: 'Dawn Of Justice' Tops 'Man Of Steel' With $682M Worldwide Cume

Well, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice didn’t quite clear $700 million this weekend, but it has easily outgrossed its immediate predecessor and leapfrogged up the all-time comic book superhero movie list. The DC Comics superhero sequel earned an additional $85.1m overseas this weekend, which brings its foreign cume to $421.4m. With the addition of the $261.457m in domestic grosses after ten days in North America, the Zack Snyder blockbuster has earned $682.85m worldwide. That means it has indeed passed the $668m worldwide cume of Man of Steel in just under two weeks of worldwide play.

The bad news is that the film is falling fast in key markets like China (it fell 85% from Friday-to-Friday in China and has now earned $85 million in said territory). It will also be losing key IMAX screens starting as early as April 7th in the various markets debuting Walt Disney's DIS -0.24% The Jungle Book in advance of its April 15th domestic debut. In terms of China numbers, it made less on its second Saturday ($4.9m) than Zootopia made ($5m) on its fifth Saturday. So while the film may not break the $1 billion mark at this juncture (it has pretty much opened everywhere around the world), it’s still racking up some massive numbers.

In good news, it has earned $79.3 million in Latin America to become the third-biggest Warner Bros. release ever behind Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 and The Dark Knight Rises. It’s the biggest WB movie ever in Mexico with $29.7m and claims that same record in Brazil with $21.575m. It is already the third-biggest DC Comics movie worldwide after the last two Dark Knight sequels ($1.003 billion and $1.084b worldwide respectively).

It has already outgrossed every 20th Century Fox comic book movie save X-Men: Days of Future Past ($747 million) and Deadpool ($749m-and-counting) and it will eventually pass those as well. And it has already outgrossed all Sony comic book movies not named Spider-Man (including all three Men in Black movies) on a global and domestic scale. And it outgrossed the first two Iron Man films ($585m and $623m) worldwide this weekend with the caveat that both Paramount/Viacom VIAB -0.24% Inc. releases were in 2D.

Even among the Walt Disney Marvel movies (and Sony Spider-Man movies), it trails twelve current MCU and Marvel Comics adaptions. It passed Ant-Man, the first two Iron Man movies, and Thor: The Dark World ($642 million) this past week. It will soon pass the likes of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($709m) and Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($714m).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/04/03/batman-v-superman-box-office-dawn-of-justice-tops-man-of-steel-with-681m-worldwide-cume/#49b728a7504f
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Deztro(m): 11:55pm On Apr 03, 2016
men just finished the movie and i enjoyed it.
Wait am i the only one who enjoyed the lex luthor guy

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:07am On Apr 04, 2016
Deztro:
men just finished the movie and i enjoyed it.

Wait am i the only one who enjoyed the lex luthor guy
no you are n0t...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Deztro(m): 9:31am On Apr 04, 2016
Minemrys:
no you are n0t...
ok thanks.
To me that guy killed it.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by rapmike(m): 9:59am On Apr 04, 2016
TonySpike:
BvS finished the weekend with $682 million, which Is slightly lower than my earlier prediction of $700 million. It has now surpassed MOS in terms of financial gross. It should catch up with deadpool and Zootopia by sometime next week. Also, Zootopia has edged out deadpool as the highest grossing movie of 2016. I predict that BvS total gross will end up somewhere between $850 and $950 million. I maybe wrong though, but with Jungle book in the offing, there is a new competitor in the market.

Who said box office numbers does not count in rating movie performances should check this out. Its clear that it is not performing in box office as it should due to those issues.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by ericsimons18: 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
kudos to d marvel fans ... and marvel critic sympatizers .. wu worked so hard and made it dea lifes adventure to bring this movie down ... u tried ur best but greatness dey say is ...........
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is JaeRoar explaining the Flash time-travel scene in BvS. Quite an interesting video, the more I read about BvS the more I felt it had great potentials but bad script and poor editing finished it off. It's a pity Zack Snyder has to take the blame for this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKryvj0aBsw
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
Now, I have the time the actually grade and assess Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice on my own terms. I have been too busy at work to give a solid analysis on the movie. The movie was generally good/okay, some scenes were too complicated for non-DC comic readers. I understood almost every scene but it appears the story-telling relied too much on visual inferences, instead of dialogues. Now, I wanna assess this movie on different factors.

1. Acting
The actors did well and the main protagonists of the movie are Lex Luthor, Clark Kent as Superman and Bruce Wayne as Batman. I'd give Henry Cavill 8.5/10, Ben Affleck 9.5/10 and Jesse Eisenberg 7.5/10. Gal Gadot, although with few appearances did well also, I'm giving her 9/10. Other people I would rate are Jeremy Irons (8/10) and Laurence Fishburne (8/10). One thing I noticed in this movie is that there were few dialogues throughout, I think this had to do with the script. The consequence of this is that the actors had to rely more on body and facial language to communicate to the audience.

2. Directing
As for the directing, this is where Zack Snyder comes in. I really think the directing was okay because a good director gets his inspiration from the script he has. I personally think Zack had a not-too-good script to work with in BvS. I will score him 7/10 though, he still needs to improve on his penchant for dark and gory visuals though.

3. Screen play
Yeah, I don't know who did the screenplay but the director and writers have some input too. Since screenplay is related to storytelling, I'd think both the director and writers did a bad job on BvS. I'll grade this 5/10.

4. Script
The script possibly had few dialogues and this limited the director's competence. When one watches BvS, it appears as if you are watching a story with two or three layers, which are not too technically connected to one another. I believe the writers of BvS were trying to combine three movies: Dark Knight series, Flashpoint crisis and the Death of Superman into one movie. In the script, you could see the clash of the writers' personalities i.e. Goyer and Terrio in the movie, and this muddled up the pace and timelines of the movie. I think the earlier script written by David Goyer was weak and Warner Bros employing Terrio to fix it worsened the problem. I will therefore give the script 5/10, this is the weakest link of the movie. I hope Justice League: Part one is well-written.

5. Cinematography
There is no need to contest this as this is Zack Snyder's forte. The cinematography was awesome although dark. Snyder, and maybe Peter Jackson, are the only two directors I know that do amazing visuals in their movies. I personally think the dark parts of the movie, especially in the fight scenes, was due to the fact that these events took place in Gotham. You guys should know that the Batman persona operates mainly at night, at least 95% of the time. So the darkness was justifiable in all ramifications, even the mood of the movie was generally too sober because of the visuals too. I'd give BvS cinematography 9/10, it's one of the best.

6. Editing
The editing was poorly done and I strictly think the editor of this movie should be fired. Also, the guys at Warner Bros who proposed that 30 minutes of this movie be cut out should be warned. I'd score editing 4/10.

7. Score
The scores were okay, but I felt they were too lousy and unnecessary in some scenes though. Zimmerman and Junkie XL did a good job, I'll score them 8.5/10. Unfortunately, Zimmerman has retired from making scores for superhero movies.

8. Critics
Well, those critics did a good job at quickly condemning the movie for its incoherence, gloomy and choppy editing. I personally don't think the movie was incoherent, the movie to me, was thought provoking. It made you think deeper into the motives of the protagonists and this is why there are still lots of argument on the internet about this movie. The movie did not spoon-feed me as did other superhero movies. Infact, you needed to do more research to understand the movie after watching. This style of film-making is no longer popular in our generation, this is why the movie got so much deluge of abuses. The movie needs to be watched at least twice to appreciate the efforts put into it. I would personally grade the critics 6/10 for failing to put many factors into consideration and most especially for some of them joining the "bandwagon".
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
TonySpike:

Some deleted BvS scenes recently released showed that Lex was actually influenced by Darkseid or his minions, please watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
Maybe, they should have released the 3 hour version...maybe the studio shouldn't have tried to do everything too quickly & put everything & the kitchen sink in it, they should have taken their time. We all know the reason why they did this, if I open my mouth now, folks will say I'm hating... In the words of AngryJoe, "they blew their load too early*...it's all orgasm, no pre-intimacy**."

*if I remember correctly he was referring the Superman's death, he pointed out they should have built this up after another film, where Superman was much loved, saying this would have had a better impact on the Superman hating public or at least shown some reaction from the more noticeable protesters. He also mentioned stuff from the comics that took it's time, making the death a very good payoff.

**that was his general perception of the film - amazing cinematography, badass action, Affleck's amazing Batman, terrible pacing, no real resolution of MoS plot, he thought Superman's death was ballsy, then the last minute implied resurrection a cop out and some other stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMaIhAP7aeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jyQY_IR9u0

WARNING: Long videos, AngryJoe doesn't do small length videos. It's best watching both, since the spoiler review is continuation of non-spoiler review.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hey guys, this is the new DCEU movie schedule from now to 2020. Wonder woman has been shifted by three weeks earlier to avoid competing with Transformers. Meanwhile, two unnamed movies have been added to the schedule. I suspect these movies are Ben Affleck's Batman and Man of Steel 2. We'll wait and see though.

Summer 2016 - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Extended Ultimate Edition
August 05, 2016 - Suicide Squad

June 02, 2017 - Wonder Woman
November 17, 2017  - Justice League Part One

March 23, 2018 - The Flash
July 27, 2018 - Aquaman
October 05, 2018 - Untitled DC Film

June 14, 2019 - Justice League Part Two
November 01, 2019 - Untitled DC Film

April 03, 2020 - Cyborg
June 19, 2020 - Green Lantern Corps
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 10:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
TonySpike:
Hey guys, this is the new DCEU movie schedule from now to 2020. Wonder woman has been shifted by three weeks earlier to avoid competing with Transformers. Meanwhile, two unnamed movies have been added to the schedule. I suspect these movies are Ben Affleck's Batman and Man of Steel 2. We'll wait and see though.

Summer 2016 - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Extended Ultimate Edition
August 05, 2016 - Suicide Squad

June 02, 2017 - Wonder Woman
November 17, 2017  - Justice League Part One

March 23, 2018 - The Flash
July 27, 2018 - Aquaman
October 05, 2018 - Untitled DC Film

June 14, 2019 - Justice League Part Two
November 01, 2019 - Untitled DC Film

April 03, 2020 - Cyborg
June 19, 2020 - Green Lantern Corps

No word on shazam

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:09am On Apr 08, 2016
superbloke:
No word on shazam
i guess it was tonyspike's mistake. Shazam's still there.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:34am On Apr 08, 2016
Sorry guys,

Shazam - April 5, 2019

That's the date for Shazam, about three years from now. Any comments on my expanded review of BvS up there?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
I saw this news extract somewhere:

"However, according to the report, Warner Bros. may consider some personnel changes on its upcoming Justice Leaguefilms. While director Zack Snyder will almost certainly remain at the helm, WB may consider adding a new producer to the mix, which may add a small amount of fuel to unsubstantiated rumors aboutMad Max: Fury Road director George Miller joining the film as a producer."

I personally think that Zack Snyder gives excellent cinematography and pictures. He only needs a good director to help him with some areas of film direction. George Miller is a good choice and WB is taking the right step. Justice League: Part I begins shooting on Monday.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
TonySpike:
I saw this news extract somewhere:

"However, according to the report, Warner Bros. may consider some personnel changes on its upcoming Justice Leaguefilms. While director Zack Snyder will almost certainly remain at the helm, WB may consider adding a new producer to the mix, which may add a small amount of fuel to unsubstantiated rumors aboutMad Max: Fury Road director George Miller joining the film as a producer."

I personally think that Zack Snyder gives excellent cinematography and pictures. He only needs a good director to help him with some areas of film direction. George Miller is a good choice and WB is taking the right step. Justice League: Part I begins shooting on Monday.

yea but any news about the casts?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
Minemrys:

yea but any news about the casts?

No news about the full casts as at now.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dragonking2: 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
New c0nfirmation fr0m snyder. JL to be m0re of an Avengers film in t0ne. See what the critics caused??
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
TonySpike:
Sorry guys,

Shazam - April 5, 2019

That's the date for Shazam, about three years from now. Any comments on my expanded review of BvS up there?

well its ur opini0n but we agree the critics weren't fair with the ratings. Heard BvS extended versi0n would be c0ming to theatres b4 h0me release.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 09, 2016
I literally went home from Enugu to PH just to watch BvS and I loved it almost more than life and the critics can kiss ma arse.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:57pm On Apr 10, 2016
Minemrys:
New c0nfirmation fr0m snyder. JL to be m0re of an Avengers film in t0ne. See what the critics caused??

Chris Terrio actually confirmed that Justice League would be light-toned compared to BvS. BvS is supposed to be the darkest era of DCEU with the death of superman. I think this is the way DCEU has structured their movie phases.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by honorbule(m): 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
Please help me oh....is Lois lane a slot?...she lives with Clark Kent, and was caught kiss superman..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
I just watched an episode of JL:U where Wonder woman gave Hawkgirl, Vixen, Black Canary and the Huntress a proper beat down!!

I know wonder woman is supposed to be the strongest female super hero in DC. But if it ever came down to brute strength, who would/should win between Wonder woman and Supergirl?? Afterall, Supergirl has all of Superman's powers....

Cc TonySpike cao ultimatesammie
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
I just watched an episode of JL:U where Wonder woman gave Hawkgirl, Vixen, Black Canary and the Huntress a proper beat down!!

I know wonder woman is supposed to be the strongest female super hero in DC. But if it ever came down to brute strength, who would/should win between Wonder woman and Supergirl?? Afterall, Supergirl has all of Superman's powers....

Cc TonySpike cao ultimatesammie

It's a difficult one but considering that wonder woman is a warrior of several millenia, I think she will easily beat Supergirl. But Supergirl has some awesome powers like superman, that could be advantageous.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Ultimatesammie(m): 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2016
TonySpike:

It's a difficult one but considering that wonder woman is a warrior of several millenia, I think she will easily beat Supergirl. But Supergirl has some awesome powers like superman, that could be advantageous.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Ultimatesammie(m): 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
TonySpike:

I doubt it would be dat easy, yh shes an amazing fighter but not dat easy remember supergirl is invulnerable just as supes
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
Fellas, BvS closed this weekend with a worldwide gross of $783.5 million. This weekend, overseas grossed brought in about $90 million, while US box office earned $25 milliion. It is now the second highest grossing movie of 2016 after upstaging deadpool this weekend. I'm curious at how it'll perform next week with Jungle Book coming to the theatres. Meanwhile, Zootopia still remains the highest grossing movie of the year.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
TonySpike:

I agree. Wonder woman is an Amazon princess and she's a warrior by birth. I dont think she'll easily win as u claim, but she should win nonetheless.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
Ultimatesammie:
I doubt it would be dat easy, yh shes an amazing fighter but not dat easy remember supergirl is invulnerable just as supes
I agree it wont be an easy fight for both heroines but Wonder woman should come out on top at the end.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
I agree it wont be an easy fight for both heroines but Wonder woman should come out on top at the end.
which supergirl are you guys talking about? CBS or smallville?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Ultimatesammie(m): 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
Minemrys:

which supergirl are you guys talking about? CBS or smallville?
supergirl in general though smallville supergirl was cool too

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.