Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1236924 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
The rumours have started ooooo...

"However, according to Movie Pilot, this may not be the case in the first installment of "Justice League" as there is a possibility for Aquaman to even challenge Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman and the rest of the league. The website cited a YouTube video of Heroic Insider that claims the upcoming "Justice League" movie will feature a war between the team of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, and Cyborg and that of the Atlantis as helmed by Aquaman.

The report further said that the movie will highlight the dislike of the Atlanteans and Amazons towards each other, the groups to which Aquaman and Wonder Woman belong to, respectively, thanks to their thousands of years of conflict.

Exciting as this plot may be, everything is a piece of unconfirmed report at this point in time and must only be taken with a grain of salt.
"

What do you guys think?

http://www.christianpost.com/news/justice-league-part-1-movie-rumor-aquaman-to-be-a-villain-in-first-justice-league-movie-161291/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
TonySpike:

"However, according to Movie Pilot, this may not be the case in the first installment of "Justice League" as there is a possibility for Aquaman to even challenge Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman and the rest of the league. The website cited a YouTube video of Heroic Insider that claims the upcoming "Justice League" movie will feature a war between the team of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, and Cyborg and that of the Atlantis as helmed by Aquaman.

The report further said that the movie will highlight the dislike of the Atlanteans and Amazons towards each other, the groups to which Aquaman and Wonder Woman belong to, respectively, thanks to their thousands of years of conflict.

Exciting as this plot may be, everything is a piece of unconfirmed report at this point in time and must only be taken with a grain of salt.
"

What do you guys think?

http://www.christianpost.com/news/justice-league-part-1-movie-rumor-aquaman-to-be-a-villain-in-first-justice-league-movie-161291/
Typical of Warner Bros: always trying to do something different and in the process mess it up. One more less-than-60% on Rotten Tomatoes-film and I'll give up on them for good.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Dalek(m): 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
TonySpike:

There are rumours that this joker is Jason Todd, I don't know how true though...

i really hope datz not true, cuz Jason Todd should canonically return back as Red Hood, joker should be a different character.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2016
Who here reads comics avidly?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by killzone(m): 10:59am On Apr 19, 2016
Dalek:

i really hope datz not true, cuz Jason Todd should canonically return back as Red Hood, joker should be a different character.
same here,Jason Todd joker doubt it
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:34am On Apr 20, 2016
Willem dafoe joins j. K. Simm0ns <a.k.a jj james0n and green goblin> in justice league. Mhen spidey actors c0ming to the DCEU. Whoa. Who's next tobey maguire? Maybe he could play blue beetle. Heard alfred m0lina is in negotiati0n (i mean doc octopus in spiderman also) Dear God, reverse flash a.k.a dr wells or eobard thawne is rum0ured to make a cameo. And m0st of the bvs cast, fishbourne, amy adams, irons are rum0ured for justice league.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:39am On Apr 20, 2016
TonySpike:

"

What do you guys think?

thats the worst thing that could ever happen. I want brain maniac <brainiac> as the villain or Professor thawne n0t aquaman. For the part 2 it should be dr destiny. Part 2 should be m0re of a horror film like nightmare on elm street. Am loosing faith in the Dceu so fast.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:16am On Apr 20, 2016
Minemrys:
Willem dafoe joins j. K. Simm0ns <a.k.a jj james0n and green goblin> in justice league. Mhen spidey actors c0ming to the DCEU. Whoa. Who's next tobey maguire? Maybe he could play blue beetle. Heard alfred m0lina is in negotiati0n (i mean doc octopus in spiderman also) Dear God, reverse flash a.k.a dr wells or eobard thawne is rum0ured to make a cameo. And m0st of the bvs cast, fishbourne, amy adams, irons are rum0ured for justice league.

Are you saying there could be a DC TV crossover into DCEU? That's interesting. Warner Bros wants to poach all the older actors/actresses of the former Marvel movies. I hope the plan works sha...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:39am On Apr 20, 2016
TonySpike:

Are you saying there could be a DC TV crossover into DCEU? That's interesting. Warner Bros wants to poach all the older actors/actresses of the former Marvel movies. I hope the plan works sha...
n0t dc tv cross over. I mean the reverse flash character could appear in justice league and he's the main villain in the flash film. I d0n't kn0w why marvel got the goddamn batman michael keat0n. Its a shame. Who'd they cast next, christian bale? If they do that, i'll aut0matically bec0me a marvel fan lolz.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:18am On Apr 20, 2016
Minemrys:

n0t dc tv cross over. I mean the reverse flash character could appear in justice league and he's the main villain in the flash film. I d0n't kn0w why marvel got the goddamn batman michael keat0n. Its a shame. Who'd they cast next, christian bale? If they do that, i'll aut0matically bec0me a marvel fan lolz.

When I read news like this, it makes me feel that a corporate war is going on between DC and Marvel. And we, the fans can only stoke it up the more.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2016
Guys, this is a short video of Themiscyra from the ongoing Wonder Woman movie currently shooting in Italy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC2AG6jj7QU
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 6:25pm On Apr 20, 2016
TonySpike:
Guys, this is a short video of Themiscyra from the ongoing Wonder Woman movie currently shooting in Italy.

I pray Justice League bombs at the box office so that Snyder will be sacked.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
Raalsalghul:
I pray Justice League bombs at the box office so that Snyder will be sacked.
if JL bombs the dceu is dead. We bury it and we the fans l0ose. I d0n't pray JL b0mbs. Snyder isn't directing part 2 anyway.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2016
Minemrys:

if JL bombs the dceu is dead. We bury it and we the fans l0ose. I d0n't pray JL b0mbs. Snyder isn't directing part 2 anyway.
Either way, Warner Bros will come to their senses! Can't believe they still allowed that guy to direct after the tepid response to BvS. This is exactly what the MCU wouldn't have done. Snyder should be sacked!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
Raalsalghul:
Either way, Warner Bros will come to their senses! Can't believe they still allowed that guy to direct after the tepid response to BvS. This is exactly what the MCU wouldn't have done. Snyder should be sacked!
the questi0n is what do you think of BvS?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:53pm On Apr 20, 2016
Minemrys:

If I was to rate it, I'll probably give it 2 stars out of 4. The film had many faults. First of all, the editing, which was off and choppy. Secondly, the CGI (Second rate: especially that of doomsday). Thirdly, they should have saved the death of superman for a Man of Steel sequel. Then, the world would have accepted him and his death would be felt. Lex luthor for one had no motivation for wanting to kill superman. And perhaps, they should have taken the story a little bit backward. Rather than start from when Bruce Wayne was at the Zod fight scene, they should have taken it back to that moment when Zod interrupted worldwide communications asking for Superman as hostage. Then Batman can start investigating him from there. In addition, how come Lois Lane was ubiquitous and why should Batman throw away the kryptonite spear when it can come in handy in case Clark goes rogue. At the most basic level, the story doesn't work. I still have other issues with the film. At first, I was annoyed about the bad reviews, but after thinking back, I couldn't agree more. What makes the MCU better is that they can tell simple and plot holes-free stories. And if the DCEU is to succeed, they should start hiring better writers even with the dark route they are going. I am still of the opinion: sack Zack Snyder before Justice League becomes another or worse more MAN OF STEEL.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:56pm On Apr 20, 2016
Minemrys:

If I was to rate it, I'll probably give it 2 stars out of 4. The film had many faults. First of all, the editing, which was off and choppy. Secondly, the CGI (Second rate: especially that of doomsday). Thirdly, they should have saved the death of superman for a Man of Steel sequel. Then, the world would have accepted him and his death would be felt. Lex luthor for one had no motivation for wanting to kill superman. And perhaps, they should have taken the story a little bit backward. Rather than start from when Bruce Wayne was at the Zod fight scene, they should have taken it back to that moment when Zod interrupted worldwide communications asking for Superman as hostage. Then Batman can start investigating him from there. In addition, how come Lois Lane was ubiquitous and why should Batman throw away the kryptonite spear when it can come in handy in case Clark goes rogue. At the most basic level, the story doesn't work. I still have other issues with the film. At first, I was annoyed about the bad reviews, but after thinking back, I couldn't agree more. What makes the MCU better is that they can tell simple and plot holes-free stories. And if the DCEU is to succeed, they should start hiring better writers even with the dark route they are going. I am still of the opinion: sack Zack Snyder before Justice League becomes another or worse more MAN OF STEEL.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:34am On Apr 21, 2016
Raalsalghul:

Zack Snyder kick-started the DCEU for Warner Bros and I don't see him being sacked soon. The whole list of movies to be churned out in the DCEU was inspired by Zack Snyder after Chris Nolan rejected the offer. I don't think WB will throw Synder under the bus like that, rather I still advise that they find more creative writers like Terrio and team up Snyder with another director. In addition, they should dispose of boring writers like Goyer. Most of the plot holes you mentioned above were principally caused by poor script or over-editing. I mentioned to you that the director is limited by the script he is working with. Heck, the original runtime of BvS was supposed to be four hours! Imagine cutting off 90 mins away from a movie, the result will be over-editing! Moreso, I think WB pushed Snyder too hard during BvS production, the guy looks so tired these days.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eberex(m): 10:12am On Apr 21, 2016
TonySpike:
So, I found a similar picture for all superman characters over the past 60-something years! Haha! Which of these actors is the best at portraying superman?

Tom Welling and Christopher Reeves
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:21pm On Apr 21, 2016
Raalsalghul:
i too have problems with the film but i d0n't think its snyder. The writer (goyer) maybe, the editor yes. Thinking about it, its obvious alot of tinz which made sense in the film were cut c0nsidering it being a 4 hour film. And if such were to happen you get a m0vie thats c0nfusing. The CGI i couldn't agree m0re, it was bad, d0omsday was bad. They should've made d0omsday l0ok m0re like hulk with a skin than him l0oking like the thing of fantastic 4. The explosi0ns are what i hate with snyder n0w. He started that with M0S making unnecessary things explode devalue the fun. What did it benefit snyder to have d0omsday sh0ot beams fr0m eyes, m0uth and be pure energy? I d0n't kn0w. I was expecting snyder to have taken BvS the watchmen route and n0t what he did here. Still waiting on the 3 hour versi0n though. L0osing faith in the Dceu though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
Minemrys:

i too have problems with the film but i d0n't think its snyder. The writer (goyer) maybe, the editor yes. Thinking about it, its obvious alot of tinz which made sense in the film were cut c0nsidering it being a 4 hour film. And if such were to happen you get a m0vie thats c0nfusing. The CGI i couldn't agree m0re, it was bad, d0omsday was bad. They should've made d0omsday l0ok m0re like hulk with a skin than him l0oking like the thing of fantastic 4. The explosi0ns are what i hate with snyder n0w. He started that with M0S making unnecessary things explode devalue the fun. What did it benefit snyder to have d0omsday sh0ot beams fr0m eyes, m0uth and be pure energy? I d0n't kn0w. I was expecting snyder to have taken BvS the watchmen route and n0t what he did here. Still waiting on the 3 hour versi0n though. L0osing faith in the Dceu though.

Yeah, Snyder likes too much graphic violence and explosion in his movies. He should work hard on that very well otherwise it becomes too artificial. I think the script had too much story going on in it for the original movie cut to be four hours, that's probably the result of trying to merge three stories together. By the way, I read somewhere that Superman said less than 50 lines in BvS and Wonder Woman had just about 15 lines! That's very awful dialogue and poor character development. Like I said in my earlier review, it seems movie relied on too much facial and body language instead of actual dialogues. I don't know whose fault this is? Could it be the scriptwriter or director?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
This is a snippet of the interview with the BvS editor, David Brenner:

“[b]In the script there were more story lines than you see in the movie today. That was probably our biggest editorial issue in trying to get the cut down to a reasonable length. For us, the trickiest section was the beginning of the film, until the point where Bruce Wayne tells Alfred the truth about what is on the “White Portugese” ship… the truth about his plan. This moment set into motion everything until the end of the film really. Until that point the movie was always tracking many solo paths, some intersecting, some not. Finally in this scene, the paths fork into one road. In the script there are more subplots than you see in the movie right now. Also in terms of building this beginning we had to move things around. In the script, Lex was introduced much later, but we found that in watching the movie – because he’s such an important player, it was best to set him up sooner. Plus, his presence has so much energy, a twisted comic energy that boosted the film. Generally, BvS was a unique challenge in that we had not one but two protagonists, each with an alter-ego. So there was Clark Kent, Superman, Bruce Wayne and Batman. And then surrounding them are Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Wallace Keefe (the guy who loses his legs when Wayne Tower falls), Perry White, Martha Kent, Holly Hunter’s character (Senator Finch), and still more characters orbiting them.

“It was a lot to juggle. So the plot lines of a couple characters had to go. These people are currently in the movie but we don’t track them, and it’s okay. What’s kind of fun is that we went back and did an extended cut where we put a lot of this stuff back, and we refined it into the same rhythm as the theatrical release. So what was once a nearly four hour cut with absolutely everything was ridiculous – ended up being about a three hour cut, once all these added storylines were refined with the fat was cut out.[/b]”

I think many plot lines in the final movie could have been the result of using two writers with different ideas and perspective to write the movie. It would seem that WB might be the cause of all these gaffes. The picture is now getting clearer with this interview.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:56pm On Apr 21, 2016
TonySpike:

Yeah, Snyder likes too much graphic violence and explosion in his movies. He should work hard on that very well otherwise it becomes too artificial. I think the script had too much story going on in it for the original movie cut to be four hours, that's probably the result of trying to merge three stories together. By the way, I read somewhere that Superman said less than 50 lines in BvS and Wonder Woman had just about 15 lines! That's very awful dialogue and poor character development. Like I said in my earlier review, it seems movie relied on too much facial and body language instead of actual dialogues. I don't know whose fault this is? Could it be the scriptwriter or director?
The scriptwriter. The director only directs how the lines are said and expressed in a film.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
TonySpike:
This is a snippet of the interview with the BvS editor, David Brenner:

“[b]In the script there were more story lines than you see in the movie today. That was probably our biggest editorial issue in trying to get the cut down to a reasonable length. For us, the trickiest section was the beginning of the film, until the point where Bruce Wayne tells Alfred the truth about what is on the “White Portugese” ship… the truth about his plan. This moment set into motion everything until the end of the film really. Until that point the movie was always tracking many solo paths, some intersecting, some not. Finally in this scene, the paths fork into one road. In the script there are more subplots than you see in the movie right now. Also in terms of building this beginning we had to move things around. In the script, Lex was introduced much later, but we found that in watching the movie – because he’s such an important player, it was best to set him up sooner. Plus, his presence has so much energy, a twisted comic energy that boosted the film. Generally, BvS was a unique challenge in that we had not one but two protagonists, each with an alter-ego. So there was Clark Kent, Superman, Bruce Wayne and Batman. And then surrounding them are Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Wallace Keefe (the guy who loses his legs when Wayne Tower falls), Perry White, Martha Kent, Holly Hunter’s character (Senator Finch), and still more characters orbiting them.

“It was a lot to juggle. So the plot lines of a couple characters had to go. These people are currently in the movie but we don’t track them, and it’s okay. What’s kind of fun is that we went back and did an extended cut where we put a lot of this stuff back, and we refined it into the same rhythm as the theatrical release. So what was once a nearly four hour cut with absolutely everything was ridiculous – ended up being about a three hour cut, once all these added storylines were refined with the fat was cut out.[/b]”

I think many plot lines in the final movie could have been the result of using two writers with different ideas and perspective to write the movie. It would seem that WB might be the cause of all these gaffes. The picture is now getting clearer with this interview.
See. You see why i d0n't blame snyder? Now lots of people have crucified the man when he's n0t really the one at fault. Before blaming the director, we need to listen to news, rum0urs on set abt the shooting, the acting in a film and the style. Unless its the director who wrote the film, the director has no liberty to touch the script if he's working for the studio. He only does that if he's a major game player in h0llyw0od. Snyder isn't. I have issues with snyder but n0t the script. Its m0re with style.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2016
Minemrys:

See. You see why i d0n't blame snyder? Now lots of people have crucified the man when he's n0t really the one at fault. Before blaming the director, we need to listen to news, rum0urs on set abt the shooting, the acting in a film and the style. Unless its the director who wrote the film, the director has no liberty to touch the script if he's working for the studio. He only does that if he's a major game player in h0llyw0od. Snyder isn't. I have issues with snyder but n0t the script. Its m0re with style.

Plenty plotlines and subplots, very crazy. I really think the Justice League script should be examined independently, there must be no loose endse otherwise that will be the end of DC. I think Warner bros wanted to make BvS a money making machine and instructed the Goyer to write an ambiguous story introducing Justice League members while making sure Batman and Superman fights. I think the editor deserves to be sacked though...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2016
TonySpike:

Plenty plotlines and subplots, very crazy. I really think the Justice League script should be examined independently, there must be no loose endse otherwise that will be the end of DC. I think Warner bros wanted to make BvS a money making machine and instructed the Goyer to write an ambiguous story introducing Justice League members while making sure Batman and Superman fights. I think the editor deserves to be sacked though...
Editor deserves to be sacked with Zach Snyder and the film's writers. And trust me fan boys will turn their back on Zach when the other DCEU films (Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman) from directors like David Ayer and Patty Jenkins turn out to be critically better and Justice League becomes another dud. Then, Warner Bros wouldn't mind if he helped them kick start the universe or not. He is going to get the boot. You guys should remember when I predicted that BvS was going get negative reviews. Turns out I was right. And trust me, same is going to happen to Justice League-with lower box office earnings. Mark my words! Zach Snyder should be sacked.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2016
TonySpike:

That's the mistake you keep making. Plot holes and editing weren't the only problems with BvS. Character motivation, CGI were among too because of the numerous characters. And Justice League is going to feature about 6 comic book characters with other supporting ones. Zach Snyder can't handle that. He should be sacked. Two strikes now, we don't need a third one!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by lloydpras: 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
TonySpike:

Wow...with how crappy BvS is..u guys still believe Wonder woman will come good? I salute your optimism.

And where are those Fanatics who almost crucified me for negatively criticizing BvS prior to the release.

Cc: Kraftykc minemrys, tonyspike, kendrick9

Are u guys still expecting a $1.4Billion revenue?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
lloydpras:

Wow...with how crappy BvS is..u guys still believe Wonder woman will come good? I salute your optimism.

And where are those Fanatics who almost crucified me for negatively criticizing BvS prior to the release.

I beg to disagree. Wonder Woman might turn out good, it's Justice League I am concerned about especially with Hack Snyder in charge.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
lloydpras:

you win. Okay, you win. But why would u criticize a film b4 its even released? It was as if you were praying for it to fail the whole time.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by lloydpras: 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
Raalsalghul:
I beg to disagree. Wonder Woman might turn out good, it's Justice League I am concerned about especially with Hack Snyder in charge.

Well I wasn't surprised with BvS! Snyder took too many foreseen risks...

About wonder woman, Gadot isn't a good actress. But I hope she steps up her game to convince critics...
Settling for Jason Fuchs as the screenwriter is like an experiment. Hope the risk pays off.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
Raalsalghul:
That's the mistake you keep making. Plot holes and editing weren't the only problems with BvS. Character motivation, CGI were among too because of the numerous characters. And Justice League is going to feature about 6 comic book characters with other supporting ones. Zach Snyder can't handle that. He should be sacked. Two strikes now, we don't need a third one!
character m0tivati0n c0mes fr0m the script, and do you kn0w if those scenes were deleted by the editors? S0mething zack isn't involved. You heard the quote Tony spike posted fr0m the editors. And zack snyder aint in charge of CGI but i think its his fault d0omsday l0oks like a cave tr0ll who went high on marijuana.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.