Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,966 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize (22289 Views)

Cj’s Refusal To Swear Me In, An Affront On The Rule Of Law – Uche Ogah / How Shekau Raped And Made Me Pregnant For Him - Escapee Prisoner / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Ublaize: 12:04am On Apr 18, 2015
"There's no so such thing as bad publicity". This saying lately, has been given credence to by Times Magazine with its' enlistment of Shekau as one of the hundred most influential people in the world. In the last 24 hours, the social media have been awashed with Shekau making the list. Notably, Buhari and Chiamanda did same. With due respect to the past and present inductees, I have always ruminated on the yardstick for such enlistment. I thought good deeds alone, hold sway for such. This remains faux to me and its' process lacking objectivity.

Today, my trepidation and disdain have been brought to bare. Shekau making the list of hundred most influential people is an affront and show of insensitivity to the Nigeria people by Times magazine. How can Times magazine forget the several bomb blasts that have snuffed lives, properties, crippled cities and the economy of the North west et al;all masterminded by Shekau and his draconian group?

The #‎bringbackourgirls‬ campaign is still on and few days ago marked its one year of struggles and solidarity. Far away in the North east our, gallant soldiers are viciously combating the insurgents and they record deaths everyday. Shekau and his group have no doubt meted unprecedented pains to Nigerians and also threatened our existence as one yet, all Times Magazine could do was to enlist him as being influential. I have been waiting impatiently, for Nigeria's media houses to read the riot act to Times Magazine and smear them with invectives but that isn't forthcoming.

Should we begin to see terrorism and violence as ways to being influential?

*Ublaize

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Henrypraise41(m): 12:15am On Apr 18, 2015
Bokoharam that killed more than 1000 people in nigeria has sundenly become influential and freedom fighters. God is watching!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by fritiyo: 12:50am On Apr 18, 2015
He was list as one of the influential people for destabilizing GEJ govt and not for anything else.

why didn't they enlist him in the previous ones? why na that GEJ as been defeated of the presidency?
The aim as been achieved so he is na awarded for ensuring that GEJ govt was painted black by the people.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by paulolee(m): 1:02am On Apr 18, 2015
hmmmm... if d boko guys dt bomb dier own northerns Peps for fun ar part of d 100 most influential Peps around d world...
I gat to do some research coz It seems m in d top 10 of dt list..

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by kodded(m): 1:02am On Apr 18, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
Pls stop wasting your time. Have you not been aware that Shekau and his Boko Haram boys have been working for the APC, Buhari, USA and Britain? He did a good job of destroying Jonathan's government so why won't his pay masters praise him?
take you deserve it cheesy

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by humblesteve(m): 1:03am On Apr 18, 2015
Influential can be categorised in two forms; bad influence and good influence.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 18, 2015
He's right...ISIS non of their commanders made the list. Anything Africa is treated without sensitivity.
AFRICAN LIVES MATTERS!
SCREW TIMES MAGAZINE!
I can't take a magazine that lists a porñ star as influential seriously.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Raiders: 1:03am On Apr 18, 2015
Agreed
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by holatin(m): 1:05am On Apr 18, 2015
Am not happy seeing him on that list,that will only raise his ego, he may begin striking again and in bigger force.
,anyway Nigeria will be great.

A Nigeria where insurgence don't ring a bell.

my Nigeria
your Nigeria
our Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 18, 2015
And Shekau and his boys be like...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by holatin(m): 1:05am On Apr 18, 2015
fritiyo:
He was list as one of the influential people for destabilizing GEJ govt and not for anything else.

why didn't they enlist him in the previous ones? why na that GEJ as been defeated of the presidency?
The aim as been achieved so he is na awarded for ensuring that GEJ govt was painted black by the people.
shame on you and your animalistic thinking, what stop GEJ from destroying the agenda of destabilizing his regime.

in as much as I don't like shakau been featured as an influential person, GEJ failed himself and Nigerian, stop crying foul that they are trying to paint him black, he caused his misfortune.

or have you forgotten this statement

I UNDERSTIMATE BOKO HARAM

that word carries a lot of weight

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by mmsen: 1:05am On Apr 18, 2015
Terrorism is captivating.

That is why they do it, that is why they kill, to gain attention.

So yes, he is influential - he has captured the world's attention.

Just as Bin Laden did.

Just as the Red Brigade, Bader Meinhof and other European groups did in the 1970s.

Just as the IRA did.

Just as ETA have done.

Violence captures the imagination.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 18, 2015
Is it morning yet
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by LordNicvuitton(m): 1:06am On Apr 18, 2015
Shekau d gay cow.. Fucking dumbskull being placed on d list as influential? Time magazine, an evil media branch of Obama administration is doing d bidding of Their evil masters.. Heaven will judge all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by jaybee104(m): 1:08am On Apr 18, 2015
hmm
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by MissyDivah(f): 1:08am On Apr 18, 2015
Someday I will also make the list tongue

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by saintgp(m): 1:09am On Apr 18, 2015
Now that buhari is to take over come may28/29th,am very sure asari dokubo am his likes will very soon make the list...if peradventure dey decide to go back to d creek.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by tundabolt(m): 1:09am On Apr 18, 2015
Hope they did thesame to Osama. This unacceptable and our media are shamelessly quiet.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by 247notire(m): 1:09am On Apr 18, 2015
Times magazine is American so wat do u expect? Bunch of warped folks over there. Explains why ppl do all sorts of sh..it over there just to become "famous" undecided

2 Likes

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 18, 2015
This is the core reason why I hate the West and their useless parochial ideologies - magnifying a heartless terrorist! Why would they ever think of it? How would our gallant soldiers who died and keep dying fighting that beast feel? Time... if Shekau had bombed your HQ, would you have had enough foolishness to add him to that list? This is an affront and brazen disregard to our nation, our government, our displaced people of the NE, our Chibok girls, the ongoing fight against terror, the thousands of lives lost to terrorist attacks and all our gallant soldiers dead and alive. How I wish I can have a private meeting with the peanut brain that approved this rubbish. I would sink a strong hard knock into his empty airhead!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by raymonwhizie(m): 1:10am On Apr 18, 2015
Wondering why ASARI DOKUBO never made the list if Shekau can[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by abduljabbar4(m): 1:11am On Apr 18, 2015
paulolee:
hmmmm... if d boko guys dt bomb dier own northerns Peps for fun ar part of d 100 most influential Peps around d world...
I gat to do some research coz It seems m in d top 10 of dt list..
Astana come and see the reason I said let the south Africans kill the Igbos only. Why can't you just say Boko Haram killing people? Must you say killing THEIR OWN?
And you expect all Nigerians to pity you people. I only pity Nigerians from other tribes and the citizens of other countries
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Booyakasha(f): 1:11am On Apr 18, 2015
OK
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 1:13am On Apr 18, 2015
JEEZ!!! Witches plenty for Nairaland. Una no dey sleep for night? shocked shocked shocked shocked

in other news, they said "Influential". D Id.iat influenced nigeria negatively

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by NZEGWUAGU(m): 1:16am On Apr 18, 2015
Ublaize:
"There's no so such thing as bad publicity". This saying lately, has been given credence to by Times Magazine with its' enlistment of Shekau as one of the hundred most influential people in the world. In the last 24 hours, the social media have been awashed with Shekau making the list. Notably, Buhari and Chiamanda did same. With due respect to the past and present inductees, I have always ruminated on the yardstick for such enlistment. I thought good deeds alone, hold sway for such. This remains faux to me and its' process lacking objectivity.

Today, my trepidation and disdain have been brought to bare. Shekau making the list of hundred most influential people is an affront and show of insensitivity to the Nigeria people by Times magazine. How can Times magazine forget the several bomb blasts that have snuffed lives, properties, crippled cities and the economy of the North west et al;all masterminded by Shekau and his draconian group?

The #‎bringbackourgirls‬ campaign is still on and few days ago marked its one year of struggles and solidarity. Far away in the North east our, gallant soldiers are viciously combating the insurgents and they record deaths everyday. Shekau and his group have no doubt meted unprecedented pains to Nigerians and also threatened our existence as one yet, all Times Magazine could do was to enlist him as being influential. I have been waiting impatiently, for Nigeria's media houses to read the riot act to Times Magazine and smear them with invectives but that isn't forthcoming.

Should we begin to see terrorism and violence as ways to being influential?

*Ublaize
Pls stop wasting your time. Have you not been aware that Shekau and his Boko Haram boys have been working for the APC, Buhari, USA and Britain? He did a good job of destroying Jonathan's government so why won't his pay masters praise him?

14 Likes

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by AmakaDNB(f): 1:21am On Apr 18, 2015
Khalessi:
He's right...Osama bin laden never made this list even though he was and still remains one of the most influential terrorist. Even the ISIS non of their commanders made the list. Anything Africa is treated without sensitivity.
AFRICAN LIVES MATTERS!
SCREW TIMES MAGAZINE!
I can't take a magazine that lists a porñ star as influential seriously.
Osama was in Time's 2007 list. I think he even made the list twice. Adolph Hitler also made the list during his time. Shekau will also appear on their red cross issue.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by okonri(m): 1:23am On Apr 18, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Astana come and see the reason I said let the south Africans kill the Igbos only. Why can't you just say Boko Haram killing people? Must you say killing THEIR OWN?
And you expect all Nigerians to pity you people. I only pity Nigerians from other tribes and the citizens of other countries

What makes you think he's Igbo, and why should anybody kill anybody at all?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Ublaize: 1:24am On Apr 18, 2015
fritiyo:

I don't understand your seemingly endorsement. Why wasn't Tinubu enlisted?

Shekau didn't truncate GEJ's govt. GEJ wld have still performed if he had the political will.Do u recall the insurgency brought abt Almajiri schools? Inferring form your comment, he was doing a master's bidding-the west?
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by izsmike: 1:24am On Apr 18, 2015
Wonders Sha never end

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC / Electoral Staff Dies During Delta Local Government Election. Photos / Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.