Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs (18134 Views)

Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS / #thelist Trends On Twitter As Nigerians Await Buhari's Ministers / Live Picture: Crowd Await Buhari In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 18, 2015
mashnino:

But where is there economy

Is it down or up. Infact their economy kips gettin better

We re nt saying it is a crime to have debts

But let us see that it is being used for something better

Not degrading d naira ad still blaming it on d economy
Do you own a business ?
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 18, 2015
mekadinho:

U mind telling us why?
They are both on B+ rating
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by ozoigbondu: 10:41am On Apr 18, 2015
geoworldedu:
[size=16pt]Who are they actually spending all these borrowed money on[/size]

Simple they siphon it to their own accounts and use it to keep their godfathers happy
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mekadinho(f): 10:42am On Apr 18, 2015
hensben:
GEJ, Alison, PEJ and ngozi I thank una we'll well.
And what happens to Fashola and Tinubu? He ll send them a congratuatary messages okwa ya? Lagos incurred more than 400b debt, waiting for u to comment on dat...

1 Like

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by dollarlander: 10:42am On Apr 18, 2015
omenka:
I think if Buhari puts in much effort to recovering monies stolen by the outgoing government, over 70% of the debt can be repaid.

God bless you mg brother. I love it when I see Nigerians with sense of reasoning like this.

The money were stolen in the name of borrowing. Where is the effect of the borrowed money on Nigerians. Except Lagos and few States that invested in infrastructure.
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Raiders: 10:43am On Apr 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
America at this minute owes $ 18,224,304,839,376. We are talking about over 18 trillion dollars. Why are we so ignorant about the advantages of debts if it was and is properly channeled. No wealthy person that doesnt acquire debts, in fact credit worthiness is a plus.
do you think the US government is happy about its current debt? Why do you think the US government shut down last year for about a week and stop paying US federal workers? You can only earn good credit if you pay your debt regularly but a country like Nigeria that depends on oil stand a risk of defaulting if oil prices fall to 10 dollars. Nigeria should try to avoid debt as possible

1 Like

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mashnino(m): 10:43am On Apr 18, 2015
kaboninc:

Oga,

You need to talk about states.

The Federal Government can sort herself conveniently than States. They control huge amount of resources.

Are you aware that today, some states have not paid salaries?

Is it the fault of the Federal or State Government?

By ignore... I mean in this discussion not like generally oo

Just this discussion... I just dont have time to fiddle about how dose debts were incurred and hw it was spent

D one dat is vexing me most is dat of kaduna..

Dat state is going no where

D governor dere just takes pictures.. Put dem on billboards and den display to d people

He hasnt done anyfing recognizable for d state

And some other states too...

And for once i ve neva understood d politics of lagos state

It will b ok to note that.. I am an APC follower but mehn... I hate fashola like i hate my shit..

Dat guy is very deceitful.. So all d money he gets from Revenue ad dat toll gate.. Where does it end up?

So dat was why i said i dnt even want to talk abt state debt

1 Like

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mekadinho(f): 10:45am On Apr 18, 2015
Obiagelli:

They are both on B+ rating
Shut d a.zzz u call mouth abeg and stop typing non-sense.
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 18, 2015
Raiders:
do you think the US government is happy about its current debt? Why do you think the US government shut down last year for about a week and stop paying US federal workers? You can only earn good credit if you pay your debt regularly but a country like Nigeria that depends on oil stand a risk of defaulting if oil prices fall to 10 dollars. Nigeria should try to avoid debt as possible
How can we not depend on oil ? I think the cocoa plantations and groundnut pyramids are replaced by need to destroy ND for oil. No State Government is thinking of developing the local economy but all eyes are on Abuja and how oil money is shared every 4 weeks. I can bet with my dick that Buhari will not think of diversifying the economy, he will borrow more and dig for more 'kurud oyel'.
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Olamitisoji(m): 10:50am On Apr 18, 2015
They give the highest IGR agreed then why are they indebted, Rivers state toping the list, and lagos coming second on the list of the states woth the higest IGR and also in Govt allocation, how come they are indebt, how come they are backwards infrastructure when it comes to looking at the allocation from FG to this states, FG allocation to lagos state alone is Republic Niger's annual budget. Let's put parties aside, mismanagement issue affect bought federal, state, and local government.
MrIncrediible:

Yes, I'm not disputing that fact. APC now controls majority states so that's not surprising but these same states generate the highest IGR right?? True or False?? This is not time to throw blames around, all hands must be on deck to cut down waste in both APC and PDP states that's the only way the country can move forward.

With APC now controlling majority of the states in Nigeria, I expect APC Governors to lead by example and cut down every form of waste in their States.
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mashnino(m): 10:53am On Apr 18, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

_uSHUD be ashamed of urself, r u sure u read the post or u just here to attack people's view on these issues being raised?
why shd lagos even owe when we r talkng of IGR OF MORE THAN 70BILLION PLUS Monthly allocatn of 50billion plus local govt allocation? which sensible govt will go borrrowng when u hv much money at ur disposal? most of the big projects commissioned in lagos are thru private partnership, why is it so?
bobo we r all THIEVES, N dont think buhar will change things easily cos he has to first pay for d loan he took to buy his nomination form n then repay all those who sank in monies during his campaign. the last i heard APC spent more than 500billion naira. somehw anyhw whereever how, he must refund the money back!
as simple as abc but tougher than to eat uncook meat.

the problem here is that... you dont beleive Buhari can make this economy a lil bit better

I neva mentioned anything about state debts because i for one dont understand the politics of states..

state politics are not as really transparent as the federal politics... to me ooo

so i cant argue about state politics with anyone.. and just so you know

i dislike fashola so much..at times i feel like vomiting....

so please dont involve with state politics...

i dint even know d federal government gives lagos that much sef...
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 18, 2015
mekadinho:

Shut d a.zzz u call mouth abeg and stop typing non-sense.
Fool, Lagos is even rated AA+ by Fitch.

dailyindependentnig.com/2014/01/lagos-owes-n435b-debt-commissioner/
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by basilo101: 10:55am On Apr 18, 2015
We kw which regions occupy redundant ministries dat will soon be closed by d new admistration in a deperate move to recover cash 4 capital projects and win d hearts of Nigerians. Dia is no way Buhari can sanitise d system without offending his ppl and his allies.
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by ohenhen1: 10:58am On Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria debt profile is actually good.

The Federal government debt is about 45 billion dollars. Debt repayment is about $4.5 billion. Which is okay. We can take on an additional $55 billion debt.

The state government is 12 billion dollars. Lagos debt of $1 billion was used to finance the light rail project. Lagos state will earn the money back .
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:59am On Apr 18, 2015
mashnino:

the problem here is that... you dont beleive Buhari can make this economy a lil bit better

I neva mentioned anything about state debts because i for one dont understand the politics of states..

state politics are not as really transparent as the federal politics... to me ooo

so i cant argue about state politics with anyone.. and just so you know

i dislike fashola so much..at times i feel like vomiting....

so please dont involve with state politics...

i dint even know d federal government gives lagos that much sef...

thnx for not complicatng issues forr us. state is whr corruption thrives the most n the problem buhari will encounter in his tenure will be from d states. jona ran a transparent fG, do we knw hw much states budget for their feedng and govt house? we dont!
i wish buhari goodluck cos he needs all d goodlucks he can thinkof!
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by rudebouy: 10:59am On Apr 18, 2015
How much is Akwa Ibom state owing?
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mashnino(m): 11:00am On Apr 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
Do you own a business ?

yeah..you need employment??
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 18, 2015
There is fire on the mountain and nobody seems to be on the run.....
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by kaboninc(m): 11:01am On Apr 18, 2015
mashnino:

By ignore... I mean in this discussion not like generally oo

Just this discussion... I just dont have time to fiddle about how dose debts were incurred and hw it was spent

D one dat is vexing me most is dat of kaduna..

Dat state is going no where

D governor dere just takes pictures.. Put dem on billboards and den display to d people

He hasnt done anyfing recognizable for d state

And some other states too...

And for once i ve neva understood d politics of lagos state

It will b ok to note that.. I am an APC follower but mehn... I hate fashola like i hate my shit..

Dat guy is very deceitful.. So all d money he gets from Revenue ad dat toll gate.. Where does it end up?

So dat was why i said i dnt even want to talk abt state debt

Well, you can see the things the Federal Government do...at least they don't owe salaries
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 18, 2015
mashnino:

yeah..you need employment??
Even if you own a business, then you are not a successful business person, sorry. With your mentality you cant be rich for life. Change it.

1 Like

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by kaboninc(m): 11:03am On Apr 18, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

thnx for not complicatng issues forr us. state is whr corruption thrives the most n the problem buhari will encounter in his tenure will be from d states. jona ran a transparent fG, do we knw hw much states budget for their feedng and govt house? we dont!
i wish buhari goodluck cos he needs all d goodlucks he can thinkof!

mashnino.....

here you have it...
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by kaboninc(m): 11:05am On Apr 18, 2015
Billyonaire:

How can we not depend on oil ? I think the cocoa plantations and groundnut pyramids are replaced by need to destroy ND for oil. No State Government is thinking of developing the local economy but all eyes are on Abuja and how oil money is shared every 4 weeks. I can bet with my dick that Buhari will not think of diversifying the economy, he will borrow more and dig for more 'kurud oyel'.

I seriously want to see how Buhari will run his government without borrowing.
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Kobeje(m): 11:06am On Apr 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
America at this minute owes $ 18,224,304,839,376. We are talking about over 18 trillion dollars. Why are we so ignorant about the advantages of debts if it was and is properly channeled. No wealthy person that doesnt acquire debts, in fact credit worthiness is a plus.

Most of America's debt are owed external bodies in form of unpaid contributions, and not monies borrowed for mostly recurrent expenditures.

Can we say the same for the FG and the states?

1 Like

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mashnino(m): 11:11am On Apr 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
Even if you own a business, then you are not a successful business person, sorry. With your mentality you cant be rich for life. Change it.

yeah...i dont want to be rich for life...

if i can have enough for me and my family..

and my children's education.. i am good..

becoming too rich is just headache...

so please ooo you dat will be rich for life... tkia ooo
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mashnino(m): 11:12am On Apr 18, 2015
kaboninc:

mashnino.....

here you have it...

Here i have wat....
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 18, 2015
mashnino:

yeah...i dont want to be rich for life...

if i can have enough for me and my family..

and my children's education.. i am good..

becoming too rich is just headache...

so please ooo you dat will be rich for life... tkia ooo
You are a subsistent capitalist, you should not be discussing with venture capitalists cos you belong to the miniature category. People like you do not borrow, and if you owe anyone, you run and hide under bed when they come.
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mashnino(m): 11:18am On Apr 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
You are a subsistent capitalist, you should not be discussing with venture capitalists cos you belong to the miniature category. People like you do not borrow, and if you owe anyone, you run and hide under bed when they come.

Yeah... call it anything you want to call it...

at the end of the day.... na wetin to put for mouth we dey find...

so whether i am venture or subsistent capitalist...

as far as i can eat and sleep under a nice shade

my guy i am very okay...

life is just too simple to worry about these things...

so calm down
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:28am On Apr 18, 2015
chamboy:
After Paying Taniods like barcanista, temitemi1, tit, truckpusher, blacktechnology, chukwudi44, ichidodo, SeverusSnape, biafranqueen,
What happen to the debts of APC states were the money use in paying those you mention

1 Like

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Johnsmartinyang(m): 11:39am On Apr 18, 2015
dridowu:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/huge-debts-await-buhari-in-coming-govs/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
Nna bilo where's Akwa ibom debt in all dis...im not too good wth figures but I know how to spend...no blame me I'm from babagindas era
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by pazienza(m): 12:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
ohenhen1:
Nigeria debt profile is actually good.

The Federal government debt is about 45 billion dollars. Debt repayment is about $4.5 billion. Which is okay. We can take on an additional $55 billion debt.

The state government is 12 billion dollars. Lagos debt of $1 billion was used to finance the light rail project. Lagos state will earn the money back .

I get the feeling that it was thought process like the one you just exhibited, that landed Greece into her current sorry debt state.

Nothing is ok about debt, especially a debt with no real positive investments backing them up, don't let anyone fool you.
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by pazienza(m): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
T.A orji suddenly doesn't look like the worst governor ever, he did nothing for the people, but by not puting the state in huge debts, he has ensured that his successor will have a clean slate to deliver dividends of democracy to the people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why APC Cannot Impeach Ekweremadu - BLOTRS / Buhari’s Integrity’ll Soon Be Tested In Kogi / Buhari Lacks Leadership Capacity, Has Failed Woefully – Onovo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.