Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs (18137 Views)

Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS / #thelist Trends On Twitter As Nigerians Await Buhari's Ministers / Live Picture: Crowd Await Buhari In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Raiders: 10:14am On Apr 18, 2015
PDP and GEJ completely destroy our economy by reducing our foreign reserves and devaluation of the naira. I hope Buhari help improve Nigeria economy
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Kennywills7(m): 10:14am On Apr 18, 2015
I don't expect delta state to b owing such amount with d huge federal allocation and internal generated revenue we hv here! wot are they using all this loan for? Delta is undeveloped!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by lordsharks(m): 10:15am On Apr 18, 2015
funny
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Arysexy(m): 10:16am On Apr 18, 2015
Lagos debt and consequently SW highest debt, can be traced to thiefnubuu's account

6 Likes

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Olamitisoji(m): 10:18am On Apr 18, 2015
You got it wrong there APC States has the highest debts on ground go read through again
MrIncrediible:
That's why the first step is to cut down on the running expenses of this country and completely expunge sources of waste. Buhari should start with himself at Aso Rock, selling all the Jets acquired by Mr Clueless 'Jetmaster', cut-down on the 1 billion per year Presidential feeding, completely remove the 4 billion per year unconstitutional allocation to the First Lady Office. I pray bills are also passed to cut down salaries of our Senators and HOR members, that's another sector where extreme waste is emanating from. APC controlling almost 20 States is a welcome development, I hope all APC States accept to expunge the bill allocating alarming amounts of cash to past governors as "allowance''.

All sources of waste must be identified and put in check for this government to succeed.

If money stolen by the outgoing government can be recovered even with a 50% success rate, that would be a plus.

4 Likes

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 18, 2015
America at this minute owes $ 18,224,304,839,376. We are talking about over 18 trillion dollars. Why are we so ignorant about the advantages of debts if it was and is properly channeled. No wealthy person that doesnt acquire debts, in fact credit worthiness is a plus.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by ozoigbondu: 10:21am On Apr 18, 2015
South east is the least indebted cheesy but why is the progressive south west highly indebted especially lagos the tinubu owed state undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by zicoraads: 10:22am On Apr 18, 2015
And they were the ones crying to all corners of the earth that the country is broke. When their debt profile is scary!

After taking huge loans to build certain structures in the APC controlled South west states, they turn around and make it look like the money is from the little allocation they get from the FG, or, from their IGR's. When in reality, it is from their children's future. Fake people!

6 Likes

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by MrIncrediible(m): 10:23am On Apr 18, 2015
Olamitisoji:
You got it wrong there APC States has the highest debts on ground go read through again
Yes, I'm not disputing that fact. APC now controls majority states so that's not surprising but these same states generate the highest IGR right?? True or False?? This is not time to throw blames around, all hands must be on deck to cut down waste in both APC and PDP states that's the only way the country can move forward.

With APC now controlling majority of the states in Nigeria, I expect APC Governors to lead by example and cut down every form of waste in their States.
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 18, 2015
K
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Olamitisoji(m): 10:24am On Apr 18, 2015
You knew all those thanks to the freedom of information bill he signed, the past presidents did worse. All those money way them talk say it is missing trust me, magic pen of his haters did that job, nigeria cnt afford to loose a money almost equal to its annual budget. What country looses that in a year. They were just lies to bring down Jonathan's administration
driand:
Debt incurred due to gross mismanagement and lack of accountability from Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by kaboninc(m): 10:24am On Apr 18, 2015
MrIncrediible:
That's why the first step is to cut down on the running expenses of this country and completely expunge sources of waste. Buhari should start with himself at Aso Rock, selling all the Jets acquired by Mr Clueless 'Jetmaster', cut-down on the 1 billion per year Presidential feeding, completely remove the 4 billion per year unconstitutional allocation to the First Lady Office. I pray bills are also passed to cut down salaries of our Senators and HOR members, that's another sector where extreme waste is emanating from. APC controlling almost 20 States is a welcome development, I hope all APC States accept to expunge the bill allocating alarming amounts of cash to past governors as "allowance''.

All sources of waste must be identified and put in check for this government to succeed.

If money stolen by the outgoing government can be recovered even with a 50% success rate, that would be a plus.

[size=18pt]Mr. Daft Man[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mashnino(m): 10:25am On Apr 18, 2015
SIRKOL:
pls spare us all ur bullsh*t that aims at tarnishing the image of the outgoing regime, though the regime didn't work to our expectations but if we will tell ourselves d truth, we know that it did it quarter and did it well. @ op i want to ask u, is there any outgoing administration dat leaves without huge debts in Nigeria? Spare the outgoing regime joor u hv done enough voting it out.

Shut up.. Very bitter soul..

At this rate.. If jonathan had continued Wadyu fink nigeria's debt will be..

Every government leaves debt.. But not lyk dis.. Did yaradua lve debts as huge as this?

Or did obasanjo lve debts as huge as this?

If u see truth abeg dey accept am.. No dey hate becos ur candidate no win

All na still nigeria we want make e beta.. Dey put ur pride aside sometimes make u see d clearer picture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by temitemi1(m): 10:26am On Apr 18, 2015
Sai baba
Sai buhari will perform miracle even if Nigeria is left with just one naira grin grin grin grin grin grin
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

4 Likes

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:26am On Apr 18, 2015
driand:
Debt incurred due to gross mismanagement and lack of accountability from Jonathan.

shey na jona be d govr of ya state also, who be ur state govr make i curse am small forr not fulfillng simple basic education to his people.
u need to go back to kiddergarten n learn morals, comprehension. summary na for high school u go learn that one.
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by kaboninc(m): 10:27am On Apr 18, 2015
mashnino:

Every government leaves debt.. But not lyk dis.. Did yaradua lve debts as huge as this?

All na still nigeria we want make e beta.. Dey put ur pride aside sometimes make u see d clearer picture

You with clean soul, did you notice that [size=18pt]Lagos is the Most Indebted State?[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by MCMLXXVI(m): 10:28am On Apr 18, 2015
Raiders:
PDP and GEJ completely destroy our economy by reducing our foreign reserves and devaluation of the naira. I hope Buhari help improve Nigeria economy

WTF? Did you even read the freaking post? The state governors are also responsible for debts, including your APC states.
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mashnino(m): 10:28am On Apr 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
America at this minute owes $ 18,224,304,839,376. We are talking about over 18 trillion dollars. Why are we so ignorant about the advantages of debts if it was and is properly channeled. No wealthy person that doesnt acquire debts, in fact credit worthiness is a plus.

But where is there economy

Is it down or up. Infact their economy kips gettin better

We re nt saying it is a crime to have debts

But let us see that it is being used for something better

Not degrading d naira ad still blaming it on d economy
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by kaboninc(m): 10:29am On Apr 18, 2015
Raiders:

Did you learn how to comprehend properly?

Or did you complete HIGH SCHOOL?
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by kaboninc(m): 10:30am On Apr 18, 2015
mashnino:

But where is there economy

Is it down or up. Infact their economy kips gettin better

We re nt saying it is a crime to have debts

But let us see that it is being used for something better

Not degrading d naira ad still blaming it on d economy

Go and Sleep! You need it!
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mekadinho(f): 10:31am On Apr 18, 2015
nasty45:
Lagos!!! Smh
Some ppl are gonna attack u very soon.
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mashnino(m): 10:31am On Apr 18, 2015
kaboninc:

You with clean soul, did you notice that [size=18pt]Lagos is the Most Indebted State?[/size]

Who is talkin abt lagos.. I am nt talkin abt states

Dose ones can sort themselves later.

I am talkin abt d federal government.. Leave state
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mashnino(m): 10:32am On Apr 18, 2015
kaboninc:

Go and Sleep! You need it!

No light...
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by walata2011(m): 10:33am On Apr 18, 2015
This is really scary, is there no way of stopping these governors or limiting the extent of loan they can seek both internal and external ? Loan should be collected based on a healthy IGR and loans should not be spent on recurrent expenditures. The job ahead for the incoming government is demanding and their ability to form a good economic team will go a long way in implementing people's friendly economic policies.

1 Like

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Nazeeboy(m): 10:35am On Apr 18, 2015
May God have marcy on Nigeria and give the incoming government all the power and resources to tackle this problem. That's all I can say.
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by kaboninc(m): 10:36am On Apr 18, 2015
mashnino:

Oga,

You need to talk about states.

The Federal Government can sort herself conveniently than States. They control huge amount of resources.

Are you aware that today, some states have not paid salaries?

Is it the fault of the Federal or State Government?

1 Like

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by mekadinho(f): 10:36am On Apr 18, 2015
Obiagelli:
I think the debt standing of the FG and Lagos isn't much of a problem.
U mind telling us why?

1 Like

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by ozoigbondu: 10:36am On Apr 18, 2015
mashnino:

And we should ignore states debt especially that of lagos because.......... undecided
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by geoworldedu: 10:36am On Apr 18, 2015
[size=16pt]Who are they actually spending all these borrowed money on[/size]
Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by Emekamex(m): 10:37am On Apr 18, 2015
SW and NW are the highest debtors. It should bother the people there on why their leaders borrow much and have little to show for it, especially the NW region.

1 Like

Re: Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:39am On Apr 18, 2015
mashnino:

_uSHUD be ashamed of urself, r u sure u read the post or u just here to attack people's view on these issues being raised?
why shd lagos even owe when we r talkng of IGR OF MORE THAN 70BILLION PLUS Monthly allocatn of 50billion plus local govt allocation? which sensible govt will go borrrowng when u hv much money at ur disposal? most of the big projects commissioned in lagos are thru private partnership, why is it so?
bobo we r all THIEVES, N dont think buhar will change things easily cos he has to first pay for d loan he took to buy his nomination form n then repay all those who sank in monies during his campaign. the last i heard APC spent more than 500billion naira. somehw anyhw whereever how, he must refund the money back!
as simple as abc but tougher than to eat uncook meat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

State By State Distribution Of Prison Facilities In Nigeria / Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn / Nigerian Soldiers Singing Anti-Boko Haram Song (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.