Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

New Scammers In Town! - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Scammers In Town! (44959 Views)

Police Arrest Two Nigerian Atm Scammers In Zambia(see Their Pics)COMM. SCRNSHOTS / Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town / Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Scammers In Town! by datmix(m): 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
Eni ti o wa ifa o wa ofo...

1 Like

Re: New Scammers In Town! by Dbboy(m): 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
why are we always fast in calling the SE in all my times of doing business i can tell you for sure that the SW are seriously the most untrustworthy set based on my personal interaction with other major ethnic group i would score them the least.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scammers In Town! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
you see the problem i have with Nigerians...
@op you are quick to point out they are scammers from the southeast but you didn't see any thing wrong with your action in trying to scam multichoice by watching 32 channels for free.you should be ashamed of yourself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scammers In Town! by babaarewa(m): 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
They will as usual say it is bizness.
Re: New Scammers In Town! by Entchidodo: 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
Op,you are so dumb..Are you from Southwest?..

4 Likes

Re: New Scammers In Town! by scachy(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ur comment is totally out of place n uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: New Scammers In Town! by 2emgee(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
U are right, ds is very real, i recalled around may/June last year some set of people with d exact description stormed a firm where i carried out my industrial training in Lagos and scammed all the staff including directors, so beware
Re: New Scammers In Town! by CyberTerrorist: 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
bluelimit:
They speak fluent English and they operate around Ikeja, Oregun axis. Please tell a friend angry
you wan watch free channel..Thief..

2 Likes

Re: New Scammers In Town! by logica(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
emmydeep:
A neighbour shared similar experience with me yesterday.
The antena is not same with the one op posted here.
The truth is that the antenna did not work, BUT HE ADDED THAT THE MEN THAT SOLD THE FAKE PRODUCT TO HIM WERE ALL YORUBAS.

I will post the pictures he sent to me later.
Right...

1 Like

Re: New Scammers In Town! by d33jy85: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
What's with all dis Igbo bashing on NL na wa ur frend that went to buy the thing is equally as greedy if not more greedy den those Igbo boys he wants to get free DSTv is he a learner dey don chop am finish nw ur cryin on NL Pls OP lick ur wounds and 4get about it u be serious Mallam Mugu 4 here oo

2 Likes

Re: New Scammers In Town! by AustineE1: 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
.....just #8000 and you are disturbing everybody,your friends foolishness got him into the trap,you mean you both has never heard of star-times or wanted awoof and your gross selfishness got you duped and only for you in your usual tribal bashing conversant with your people,you are quick to conclude they are from south - East...your wife didnt take in,its because of Igbos,your son failed woefully in school!it is because of Igbos,you cant pay your house rent,it is because of Igbos.
Go and lick your wounds,while you go and pay for the Pay TVs in Nigeria....change your awoof mentality!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Scammers In Town! by kosovo(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
tola9ja:
See what incompetent government cause

If the foundation be broken, what can the righteous do?

In 1984, the Nigeria government wasn't any more competent than what's happening in 2015
Re: New Scammers In Town! by AustineE1: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
.....just #8000 and you are disturbing everybody,your friends foolishness got him into the trap,you mean you both has never heard of star-times or wanted awoof and your gross selfishness got you duped and only for you in your usual tribal bashing conversant with your people,you are quick to conclude they are from south - East...your wife didnt take in,its because of Igbos,your son failed woefully in school!it is because of Igbos,you cant pay your house rent,it is because of Igbos.
Go and lick your wounds,while you go and pay for the Pay TVs in Nigeria....if you dont change your awoof mentality,scammers will always scam you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scammers In Town! by Jagabanthelion: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
CENTURY PRODUCTS are not known to be fake.I've been using their stabilizer for years now. From d pics,the product and even remote proudly show the century trademark n name,I DOUBT IF ITS FAKE. I hope the OP is not trying to use a recent case of scammers to DISCREDIT a product of a RIVAL company to his own.I CAN'T BUY THIS OP,am sorry.

3 Likes

Re: New Scammers In Town! by UjSizzle(f): 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
But why do people like free things like this eh? undecided

2 Likes

Re: New Scammers In Town! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
[deleted]

1 Like

Re: New Scammers In Town! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
Guidette:
Greed!!!!!! Anyone who falls for this is greedy and a cheat.
You are buying the antenna to scam a company but at the end of the day get scammed your self. I see no problems with that!

Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: New Scammers In Town! by chacoonder(m): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
SCAM is to IGBOS what BANANA is to MONKEYS.
They just can't live without it. sad

1 Like

Re: New Scammers In Town! by Arysexy(m): 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2015
The OP must be a fool, I mean a big fool to buy an indoor antenna at that outrageous price, and to add salt to injury a useless bigot by mentioning they are from south east.

The so called receipt has ikeja address, what other proof do u have to show where they are from. This is How u yorubas bring tribalism and myopic view into virtually every thing.

Ur story is as fake as p in psychiatric .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scammers In Town! by mployer(m): 1:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
UjSizzle:

The best things in life are free smiley

Terms and conditions apply tho.

1 Like

Re: New Scammers In Town! by tsdarkside(m): 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
i blame our goverment for this,,, angry angry angry angry

look how intelligent this people are,but they have no altenative than to scam their fellow nigerians.. angry angry angry

this guys colud be building power-plants for us for more energie,but our stvpid goverment is too busy kissing the butt of the colonialists...

stvpid assholes of leaders,,,, angry angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Scammers In Town! by Holuwathoby(m): 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
Idrismusty97:
All i need to know.
Re: New Scammers In Town! by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
datmix:
Eni ti o wa ifa o wa ofo...

Sho ti ye eee Lol
Re: New Scammers In Town! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
redvektor:
Made in china, but o.p u no see startimes buy? Lol u sef wan wash iligal Dstv
ANYWAYS NEXTTIME FEAR DOES 3WISE MEN FROM THE EAST

My guy you too mush! You just knack am right on the spot, na only people wey dey read their Bible go understand.

1 Like

Re: New Scammers In Town! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 18, 2015
sweetorgasm:
is dis d change dat Buhari has been talking abt?
what a foolish way of thinking
Re: New Scammers In Town! by Joshkid(m): 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2015
sweetorgasm:
is dis d change dat Buhari has been talking abt?
undecided undecided undecided
Re: New Scammers In Town! by urchbarbie(f): 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
d33jy85:
What's with all dis Igbo bashing on NL na wa ur frend that went to buy the thing is equally as greedy if not more greedy den those Igbo boys he wants to get free DSTv is he a learner dey don chop am finish nw ur cryin on NL Pls OP lick ur wounds and 4get about it u be serious Mallam Mugu 4 here oo
Idrismusty97:
All i need to know.
Pls o. Who
UjSizzle:
Who is more fo*lish, greedy? The Ibo man for selling fake produce or d yoruba/hausa guy for falling prey to cheap article. A fellow ibo man wld hardly ever get scammed like dis.

2 Likes

Re: New Scammers In Town! by ogele: 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
bluelimit:
They drive an ash coloured SUV with registration number KRD 453 AX. They will woo you into buying an ordinary antenna for N8,500. They will start by telling you that multichoice is extorting Nigerians and our government isn't doing much to help. They will say the antenna can pick 32 channels free of charge and store energy for over 10 minutes after power outage and you can enjoy your TV with it after the outage. They will even convince you by showing you the shocking effect. It is a scam, please stay away from them. They are extremely good at what they do and they have actually studied the product so well that the gullible ones will fall. They are just 3 men from the South East. Their leader is fat and aged between 35 - 40. While others are not too fat but the same age range. A friend was duped and I hope this gets to the front page soon enough before others fall victim. Below is the pix of their fake products and the fake address on their receipt. The painful aspect is.... the antenna did not pick a single local channel grin . When you spot them please do not apprehend them on your own oooo. They seem desperate and might do anything to hurt you just to escape. Please feel free to share to create awareness!

And the thief who saw an anttena and decided to buy to beat DSTV, is the worst hit hear. Thank God the so called thieves dupe you where you are trying to cheat the satellite tv stations here... Duping the Duper.

4 Likes

Re: New Scammers In Town! by miqos02(m): 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
ordinary TV antenna
Re: New Scammers In Town! by 2emgee(m): 1:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
Its true , very real i recalled around may/june last year some set of people of the exact description stormed the firm where i carried out my industrial training somewhere in Lagos, they scammed almost everyone in all the offices including the directors. They really realised a reasonable amount of money
Re: New Scammers In Town! by buoye1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2015
lol.......................see wash
Re: New Scammers In Town! by ethylene: 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
They trying playing thos trick on me about three years back. With same words after carefully observing the product, I find out that its Same specs as a normal out door/indoors antenna reciver. I told them that they can play the tricks that I know on me also wont buy.
Luckily for my friend, he knew I was knowledgeable in electronics so he sought my advice I told him before the scammers. That they are using a deceitful marketing strategy to rip their customers of their money The guy got angry at me and started throwing scud missile words at me. I warned him to be mindful wat wat he says in my domain else he goes back empty handed.
The funniest scam most people fell for was convincing them to buy a single hot plate cooker which can work without. Electricity by placing the hot plate surface directly facing the sun for six hours before using it to cook and it will work for eight days before another recharge and this lady paid around 6k for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Owo Massacre: We Heard The Culprits Have Been Arrested - Olowo Of Owo / Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja / Lagos Traders Who Preserved Beans With Sniper Arrested (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.