Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,889 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Work In Progress (vw Beetle) - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Work In Progress (vw Beetle) (33565 Views)

8 Crazily Unique Beetle Cars You Have Never Seen Before (photos) / Nigerian Man Redesigns A Beetle Tortoise Car Into A Rolls Royce / Would You Buy This Rusty 1952 Volkswagen Beetle (ijapa) For N30million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 4:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
Bossforeva:
The V-Boot took you down from Lagos?
Im not in Lagos o, Im either at Okigwe or PH
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Phantom2(m): 9:48pm On Oct 21, 2015
Chibzee2:

watched the video too, but im very sure i havent even done half as much as that man did......
will rebuild my engine too.....

with availability of resources in this part of the world that would be tough 'cause he got some new replacement parts from the vw shop. . . but Goodluck still . . . awaiting more updates wink
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2015
Chibzee2:

Im not in Lagos o, Im either at Okigwe or PH
we waiting earnestly. Am even tired.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 05, 2015
We would soon impose a heavy fine on Chibzee2 for keeping us waiting unduly. grin

2 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by leonn(m): 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
Bros chimpzee how far now I don't wait tire ooo, make u try upload something na.....shuooo.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
leonn:
Bros chimpzee how far now I don't wait tire ooo, make u try upload something na.....shuooo.
Chai!, i don suffer die,
my name don turn to chimpzee
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
sorry guys for the hold up......not much time on my side.
lets continue from where we stopped
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 9:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
About leaving ph, discovered that the hose transmitting fuel from my carburetor to the ....... was broken(broken not torn rubber pipe, you can imagine how old it must have been), so i had to drive it like that to the nearest kazeem to get a new hose.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
kazeem entrance
broken hose
fix

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
Touch down Owerri,.
The bug handled the evil road majestically and came out clean

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 10:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
went to the mechanic to start work on the mechanical parts....
was using only the two front brakes as the two rear ones had been previously disconnected and blocked.....so i decided to connect all four.
change all the shocks....;
change the steering damper;
steering arms and some kind rods;
infact, anything that was bad....

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 10:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
more

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 11:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
how many classic beetles can you see

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 1:43am On Nov 12, 2015
will also have to replace the bump rubber or so, mine is missing

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 1:44am On Nov 12, 2015
bad/dead shock

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 1:53am On Nov 12, 2015
more

bad drums

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 2:03am On Nov 12, 2015
more

steering arms and damper

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 2:13am On Nov 12, 2015
saw this too

2 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 12, 2015
Matte Black us actually dope for this ride.. Dunno why Siena was complaining.. Bro did you later visit the new parts market in Onitsha..also remember a new set if rums.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 12, 2015
Op more grace..oh! Denn gave up on his Beetle and bought a Cherokee for a free paint job by gazzuzz
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Denn(m): 11:02am On Nov 12, 2015
Chibzee2:
About leaving ph, discovered that the hose transmitting fuel from my carburetor to the ....... was broken(broken not torn rubber pipe, you can imagine how old it must have been), so i had to drive it like that to the nearest kazeem to get a new hose.

Don't drive a beetle with a broken fuel line next time...park immediately and fix it.

These things have a penchant for ....you know what I mean
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Denn(m): 11:09am On Nov 12, 2015
Bossforeva:
Op more grace..oh! Denn gave up on his Beetle and bought a Cherokee for a free paint job by gazzuzz

Lol

Didn't give up. You can't give up on a Beetle.

Driving through lagos, even in its present form won't allow you give up. Cheers from other road users with downright cash offers for purchase would let you swell with pride.

As for the Cherokee, it is a classic too. 4.0 litre inline-six engine with two full axles, 4X4, leather, AC, sound system, auto all for less than your daily ATM limit....
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 13, 2015
Chibzee2 thanks for the update. It's good to know that this thread is still alive. Oga Denn, how's the German beast. I am coming for a ride in it some day, I still haven't forgotten.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 13, 2015
adeniyisavage:

oh nigger please...let the guy work

This thread is public, and different opinions are shared. I did NOT see the thread starter complain, did you? I gave the engine options opinion over 6 months ago, which Chibzee appreciated, and for want of nothing better to add, you post the racist comment above that is typical of an uneducated black man.

Reserve your "nigger" comments for someone else who cares, I don't.

Chibzee, my apologies for derailing your thread, it was not my intention.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 13, 2015
Bossforeva:
Matte Black us actually dope for this ride.. Dunno why Siena was complaining.. Bro did you later visit the new parts market in Onitsha..also remember a new set if rums.

Bro, I was not complaining, I expressed an opinion, which should have no bearing on what direction Chibzee takes with his project.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 11:17pm On Nov 13, 2015
Bossforeva:
Not yet, trying to see if I can buy one of those other bugs in the picture above that has some very good parts so that I can swap with some of my less better parts before knowing exactly what to look for at Onitsha
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2015
Denn:

Don't drive a beetle with a broken fuel line next time...park immediately and fix it.

These things have a penchant for ....you know what I mean
Yea man, had my extinguisher sitting on my passenger seat while at it. cool

3 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
Siena:

This thread is public, and different opinions are shared. I did NOT see the thread starter complain, did you? I gave the engine options opinion over 6 months ago, which Chibzee appreciated, and for want of nothing better to add, you post the racist comment above that is typical of an uneducated black man.

Reserve your "nigger" comments for someone else who cares, I don't.

Chibzee, my apologies for derailing your thread, it was not my intention.
No worries sienna, feel free....
Hopefully adeniyisavage wasn't trying to be racist.
One love people
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by lonelydora: 4:58am On Nov 14, 2015
Chibzee2, I thought there's usually one hole for spare tyre in the front hood of the beetle. From the pix above, I'm seeing a second hole in yours. Please what's that for?
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by scotcom: 7:33am On Nov 14, 2015
@lonelydora,the first hole is where the steering components are located,you can only access it if you remore the fuel tank,which gave the hole,while the second hole is for spare tires
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
scotcom:
@lonelydora,the first hole is where the steering components are located,you can only access it if you remore the fuel tank,which gave the hole,while the second hole is for spare tires
Correct sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? / How Do I Prevent Leg Cramps While Driving? / Photos From An Accident Scene In Nicon Junction Abuja Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.