Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,947 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Work In Progress (vw Beetle) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Work In Progress (vw Beetle) (33366 Views)

8 Crazily Unique Beetle Cars You Have Never Seen Before (photos) / Nigerian Man Redesigns A Beetle Tortoise Car Into A Rolls Royce / Would You Buy This Rusty 1952 Volkswagen Beetle (ijapa) For N30million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Denn(m): 6:26pm On May 01, 2015
Screwface:

Sorry sir. I wasn't really referring to you with the update. It was an update for the man spending the money.

Spending too...if you wish to know....and if it was a private message, it would not have been posted on a public forum...email would have been better.

3 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Screwface(m): 6:31pm On May 01, 2015
Denn:

Spending too...if you wish to know....and if it was a private message, it would not have been posted on a public forum...email would have been better.

Again, I insist, the message wasn't for you. If you are spending too, good for you. I didn't ask. And I didn't comment on your expenditure. That I also decided to write him here should also not trouble you, please. Thank you
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 6:45pm On May 01, 2015
Screwface:

Sorry sir. I wasn't really referring to you with the update. It was an update for the man spending the money.
I understand where you're coming from man, but you see Denn is right. It's not just about any car, it's really more than that. I already have a more somewhat up to date ride you see. It's not just about any car, there's a lot more attached to the beetle.

2 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 6:56pm On May 01, 2015
Denn:

Bros...do you really need to replace the stock engine?
I would have preferred to continue with the stock engine, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind having some extra horses.
Actually, putting a new engine would require a lot of fabrications but then if there comes a time when I feel like going back to originality, I could probably put my stock engine back in.
But firstly bro I'm restoring the car to as close to original as possible for now.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 02, 2015
Great job OP. cool
Still following in ghost mode. wink
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by samir101ng(m): 11:10pm On May 02, 2015
Stop feeding the troll.

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:13pm On May 02, 2015
samir101ng:
Stop feeding the troll.
Done
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by ogocology: 3:43am On May 03, 2015
My Dad owned a VW Beetle 1500. I loved the little car as a child and had (still have) respect for it. Its has the most basic technology that works. Its also the only reliable horizontally opposed engine surviving long after the Is and Vs were born.
I got me one in 2003. I rolled in it for 10yrs... It did drive plenty of girls away; practically kept me single throughout my uni days.
It saw 3 golfs and 1 Audi come and go and nearly welcomed my Camry.
I sadly let it go in 2013.
I kept it in good condition.. Changed the colours often..
@Op. Your thread gives me nostalgia. Weldone.
I experimented once with the 1.8L Passat engine but it was no good. In 2 months, it ruined the Bettle's 4-speed gear box.
Get a sound 1600 engine. For extra rev, mate it with a double carburetor from the 1800 bus engine (danfo).
Remember, there is also need to increase braking power when increasing engine power. You'd not be getting much brake upgrades considering the Bettle's brakes aren't servo-assisted.
Weldone once again!

3 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 8:10am On May 03, 2015
ogawisdom:

U asked for this so let me give it to u.

At least d children r still alive, but wat can u say abt children born wen vw beetles was produced. I guess they r all dead n buried nw cheesy

Anyway supporting a project of this magnitude dt involves extreme Investment of heavy resources without some reasons but fun might b irrational or simply one loosing his sanity. A sound mind shld b more productive with his resources. D project is wasteful n needless. I ve nt seen a vw beetle on d road in over a decade nw dt means its nw extinct like dinosaur.
Gazuzzu dnt let us derail this thread, this is my logical opinion, op n his followers must nt take it.

Mr ogwisdom, i dnt enjoy talking much talk more of writing much and i believe i answered you indirectly when i answered screwface, its my pocket you know. But Because you requested im going to say this again ........ITS NOT JUST ABOUT ANY CAR, THERE'S MORE TO THE BEETLE THAN MOST OTHER CARS. you think the project is wasteful and needless right? no problem thats your logical opinion but like you said i must not take it, so im not going to take it, thanks for letting us know your opinion though.

4 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 8:24am On May 03, 2015
ogocology:
My Dad owned a VW Beetle 1500. I loved the little car as a child and had (still have) respect for it. Its has the most basic technology that works. Its also the only reliable horizontally opposed engine surviving long after the Is and Vs were born.
I got me one in 2003. I rolled in it for 10yrs... It did drive plenty of girls away; practically kept me single throughout my uni days.
It saw 3 golfs and 1 Audi come and go and nearly welcomed my Camry.
I sadly let it go in 2013.
I kept it in good condition.. Changed the colours often..
@Op. Your thread gives me nostalgia. Weldone.
I experimented once with the 1.8L Passat engine but it was no good. In 2 months, it ruined the Bettle's 4-speed gear box.
Get a sound 1600 engine. For extra rev, mate it with a double carburetor from the 1800 bus engine (danfo).
Remember, there is also need to increase braking power when increasing engine power. You'd not be getting much brake upgrades considering the Bettle's brakes aren't servo-assisted.
Weldone once again!
Thanks man, nice ride, but if i were you i dont think i would have ever let it go.
lol @ practically kept you single throughout your university days cool
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by ogocology: 2:31pm On May 03, 2015
Chibzee2:

Thanks man, nice ride, but if i were you i dont think i would have ever let it go.
lol @ practically kept you single throughout your university days cool
I did and still regret it though it was the thing to do at the time.
I had a Golf MKIV then and didn't have much space for parking. Plus kids thought the roof was cool to jump off from.
I just had to let it go.
I missed it most last month at my wedding...

2 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by LeJeun3: 8:21pm On May 03, 2015

Lovely job Op. Are thinking of some modifications while restoring?!

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 11:29pm On May 03, 2015
LeJeun3:

Lovely job Op. Are thinking of some modifications while restoring?!

Thanks man.
modifications while restoring? ..... No
modifications after restoring?........maybe.
I would first love to get the bug back to its former glory and wallow in it.
After that, I can't really say man ..... only time will tell..

3 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by LeJeun3: 9:12am On May 04, 2015
Chibzee2:

Thanks man.
modifications while restoring? ..... No
modifications after restoring?........maybe.
I would first love to get the bug back to its former glory and wallow in it.
After that, I can't really say man ..... only time will tell..

Gud job man!!

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 9:07pm On May 04, 2015
dubie92:
Dude I can't wait no longer!!!!!Dude I can't wait no longer!!!!!Dude I can't wait no longer!!!!!
calm down man, we'll get there
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by jujunaty(m): 10:29am On May 06, 2015
@op we have forgone a lot of beer drinking and cinema viewing for the restoration of this car grin.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 2:22pm On May 06, 2015
jujunaty:
@op we have forgone a lot of beer drinking and cinema viewing for the restoration of this car grin.
No worries man, we go use beer do the first car washing after every every and we go view am like cinema.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 2:28pm On May 06, 2015
Right now I'm in search of a pro or skilled upholstery guy who knows what's up cos it's going to be an entire/total interior restoration.
I could use some help if anyone knows of such persons or person in the portharcourt region.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 8:49am On May 08, 2015
Bro, google search designer Mudi's 504 and see how neat the interior looks.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 10:00am On May 08, 2015
Bossforeva:
Bro, google search designer Mudi's 504 and see how neat the interior looks.
Where have you been all these ages.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Almost Brand New 1985 BMW 323i For N30m? (photos) / Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers / End Of Discussion Vs Discussion Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.