Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Work In Progress (vw Beetle) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Work In Progress (vw Beetle) (33371 Views)

8 Crazily Unique Beetle Cars You Have Never Seen Before (photos) / Nigerian Man Redesigns A Beetle Tortoise Car Into A Rolls Royce / Would You Buy This Rusty 1952 Volkswagen Beetle (ijapa) For N30million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 7:41am On Apr 19, 2015
So while I'm still hoping to get the 500E, I became motivated by Denn and decided to get myself a bug. After hunting for a pro panel beater, I got one who is a veteran in the business, so work has started.
This is something I just decided to do cause of love for the bug and it's uniqueness.
It's a low budget restoration, and I look foward to a lot of positive contributions from you guys.......enjoy

purchase

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 7:45am On Apr 19, 2015
Changing the exhaust from a very rusted one to a fairly good one

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:49am On Apr 19, 2015
The spirit of restoration is all over cartalk.

2 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 19, 2015
Awesome! I'll be following this one.

What happened to the original thread though? I remember commenting on that one.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 7:53am On Apr 19, 2015
Siena:
Awesome! I'll be following this one.

What happened to the original thread though? I remember commenting on that one.
was looking for a panel beater on that thread. .. tried to change the name of the thread but couldn't
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by HooxJnr(m): 7:57am On Apr 19, 2015
Your location please?
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 8:13am On Apr 19, 2015
HooxJnr:
Your location please?
portharcourt
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 8:29am On Apr 19, 2015
More

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by nurey(m): 9:57am On Apr 19, 2015
So everybody has gone beetles now. I don't admire this beetle any more but the 2nd generation is what I fancy and a convertible one too.

This is also good, this cars have become common on lagos roads majorly used by DRIVING schools.

One was just restored in my area, very lovely painted black and red in Nigerian flag stripe form. The exhaust looks bad ass. Will take pictures and upload when free.

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2015
nurey:
So everybody has gone beetles now. I don't admire this beetle any more but the 2nd generation is what I fancy and a convertible one too.

This is also good, this cars have become common on lagos roads majorly used by DRIVING schools.

One was just restored in my area, very lovely painted black and red in Nigerian flag stripe form. The exhaust looks bad ass. Will take pictures and upload when free.

Pls do! Meanwhile,

#teamtortoisecar cheesy

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 10:30am On Apr 19, 2015
nurey:

Actually, i have always had love for the beetle, you see my dad owned one and trust me, it was a very fun car.
After i visited some mechanic villages in search of the 500E and saw how these cars were being butchered, it made me sad.
So when Denn decided to restore one, i became motivated and also decided to save one myself.
I would love to see lots of pictures, interior and exterior of the one that was restored around your area.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by lonelydora: 11:06am On Apr 19, 2015
I will follow this thread bumper to bumper.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Denn(m): 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
Yippee......

Soon we would have our own beetle thread.

Been following the project offline...now online.

Together, we achieve more.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by nurey(m): 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
Chibzee2:

Actually, i have always had love for the beetle, you see my dad owned one and trust me, it was a very fun car.
After i visited some mechanic villages in search of the 500E and saw how these cars were being butchered, it made me sad.
So when Denn decided to restore one, i became motivated and also decided to save one myself.
I would love to see lots of pictures, interior and exterior of the one that was restored around your area.

I may not be able to get the pix of the interior cause I don't know the owner but I can get u a good exterior pix though I just checked, the car isn't where they normally park it, guess the mecho that restored it now drives it cause I still saw it on monday before I travelled out of lagos.

The interior is nothing spectacular, infact ur interior looks more fancy full than that one but stamped on it is 1500 and the exhaust is out of this world. I will watch out for it hopefully.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
Ride on bro. Denn whats up with urz? Siena, am still waiting.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
The cleanest beetle iv driven and layed my eyes on is owned by a german helga in ibadan, ill call and ask if she still has the car. Nothing to restore car looks and sounds just like it came off the production line.

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 8:10am On Apr 21, 2015
Ready for the drive down from owerri to portharcourt to meet with the panel beater

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 21, 2015
That front end's looking pretty straight.

Any ideas on final colour yet?
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 8:35am On Apr 21, 2015
Fuel up

1 Share

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 8:46am On Apr 21, 2015
Fixing the light incase I ran into the night.
The small boy you see in the picture asked where my engine was.

9 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by nurey(m): 8:50am On Apr 21, 2015
Chibzee2:
Fixing the light incase I ran into the night.
The small boy you see in the picture asked where my engine was.

Tell him you lent it to kazeem grin

12 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by lonelydora: 8:53am On Apr 21, 2015
Please I will like to meet you in Port Harcourt. I admire that tortoise car. Where's your final destination? Safe journey bro.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 8:59am On Apr 21, 2015
Elekahia mechanic village, that's where the body work Will be done.

2 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by lonelydora: 9:10am On Apr 21, 2015
Chibzee2:
Elekahia mechanic village, that's where the body work Will be done.

Ok. I have a good upholstery worker there in Elekahia mechanic village. I don't know if you have gotten one. I can send his number in case you need one.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
lonelydora:

Ok. I have a good upholstery worker there in Elekahia mechanic village. I don't know if you have gotten one. I can send his number in case you need one.
yes bro, I'd appreciate that. I'm not sure if I should do the upholstery before the painting.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
Alright people, after some carburetor caused breakdowns, I finally got to ph. My mechanic actually adviced me to service the carb before the journey but I guess I was in a hurry and I paid for it later on during the course of the travel.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
Did I forget to mention that I automatically became an attraction to a vast majority of road users, from the pure water hawkers to the police men at the various checkpoints. I couldn't stop smiling except for the trouble the carburetor gave me.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
So i got to the panel beaters workshop and boy......no see admiration coming from everyone, soon I started to wonder if I just rolled in with a flying car.

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
Inspection things

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
More

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
Sorry about the stress, wishing you success in this project.

2 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 8:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
lomomike:
Sorry about the stress, wishing you success in this project.
Thanks man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Almost Brand New 1985 BMW 323i For N30m? (photos) / Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers / End Of Discussion Vs Discussion Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.