Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Work In Progress (vw Beetle) - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Work In Progress (vw Beetle) (33373 Views)

8 Crazily Unique Beetle Cars You Have Never Seen Before (photos) / Nigerian Man Redesigns A Beetle Tortoise Car Into A Rolls Royce / Would You Buy This Rusty 1952 Volkswagen Beetle (ijapa) For N30million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
it's all coming together real good, I like this.

I would not have chosen Matte Black though, not being a fan of matte paintwork. I feel with the direction your Beetle is heading, and the great amount of time, money and effort you're putting into this car, a bolder colour would have been more befitting.

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
Chibzee2 nice update pics. it's been a while. The matte black colour is really nice. The upholstery guy knows his job, nice interior pics tho. A question for you tho. Are u going to retain the original engine that came with the car or there are plans to replace it with a tokunbo engine?
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 9:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
dumo1:
Chibzee2 nice update pics. it's been a while. The matte black colour is really nice. The upholstery guy knows his job, nice interior pics tho. A question for you tho. Are u going to retain the original engine that came with the car or there are plans to replace it with a tokunbo engine?
Thanks man,
Actually the engine of the car was one of its strong selling points man, its in a very great shape, all it needs is just a very thorough clean up which i intend doing in parts personally.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
Chibzee2:

Thanks man,
Actually the engine of the car was one of its strong selling points man, its in a very great shape, all it needs is just a very thorough clean up which i intend doing in parts personally.

Ok. do keep us posted with pictures. Thanks.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by nwadiuko1(m): 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2015
Dis is absolutely great!
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 9:17pm On Aug 19, 2015
hey guys, how it been?
Got to take the bug for a drive after work done so far, and i must confess,.... huge attention was drawn to the bug even though not completed.

2 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
had to take these when the rain chased them away.
My guy and the beetle.

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
The color looks so d.o.p.e with the chrome details abeg.. Whats ur plan for the wheels bro?
Meanwhile i wouldn't have maintained stock for the rearlights ..
Thats for me tho.. Would have gone with sth that eliminates the amber. Smoked White + red modification.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
A really nice finish work overall. it turned out nicely.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
And how did the test drive go with the performance test
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
And how did the test drive go performance wise?
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by lonelydora: 12:22am On Aug 20, 2015
Nice work. How I wish I can lay my hands on such beetle.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 12:27am On Aug 20, 2015
Bossforeva:
The color looks so d.o.p.e with the chrome details abeg.. Whats ur plan for the wheels bro?
Meanwhile i wouldn't have maintained stock for the rearlights ..
Thats for me tho.. Would have gone with sth that eliminates the amber. Smoked White + red modification.
Actually, all the lights you see are going to be changed once i can lay my hands on locally sourced brand new lights.
Then, who knows ...i might just smoke them lights!
About the wheels, I am still comparing and contrasting, but ill definitely go for the widest 15inch on a 17 or 16 or 15inch alloy wheel that can fit nicely without rubbing(still gathering more info).
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 12:33am On Aug 20, 2015
dumo1:
And how did the test drive go performance wise?
Went very well o....so many thumbs up from almost every eye that saw and ear that heard.
Didnt expect a smooth ride as all the tyres were in bad shape.
steering was as stiff as turning garri in a very large basin with a spoon, almost fell my hand self(come wan look like learner)!
Entered a deep pot hole(steering things) and my wiper stopped working.
But above all.....Was fun cool.
More work(mechanically) for now.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 12:35am On Aug 20, 2015
lonelydora:
Nice work. How I wish I can lay my hands on such beetle.
Thanks, but with regards to this one........you go need gym first. cool

3 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 20, 2015
Chibzee2:

Went very well o....so many thumbs up from almost every eye that saw and ear that heard.
Didnt expect a smooth ride as all the tyres were in bad shape.
steering was as stiff as turning garri in a very large basin with a spoon, almost fell my hand self(come wan look like learner)!
Entered a deep pot hole(steering things) and my wiper stopped working.
But above all.....Was fun cool.
More work(mechanically) for now.

I am glad that it went well and u got me laughing @ steering was as stiff as turning garri in a very large basin with spoon.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by eherbal(m): 8:43am On Aug 20, 2015
Congratulations bro. You really inspired me.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 20, 2015
Chibzee2:

Actually, all the lights you see are going to be changed once i can lay my hands on locally sourced brand new lights.
Then, who knows ...i might just smoke them lights!
About the wheels, I am still comparing and contrasting, but ill definitely go for the widest 15inch on a 17 or 16 or 15inch alloy wheel that can fit nicely without rubbing(still gathering more info).
nice, what color details for the wheel?
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 10:28am On Aug 20, 2015
Bossforeva:
nice, what color details for the wheel?
Probably black rims with silver lining round the edges.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by pacino26(m): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2015
Bro, pls I'll come for a comprehensive cost so I can do same inugo.

Cheers grin
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 23, 2015
Chibzee2:

That would be cool,..... i cant really give an estimate now, although the cost of purchasing a classic vw bug would totally depend on the state of the bug and the level of attachment the owner has to the bug, while the cost of restoring it will also depend on what you intend to end up with, that is, if you just want to make the bug look good for the time being or if you really want to restore it to its original state(then you will have to buckle up cos believe me, the original parts of the old bug will prove difficult to find/get) .
I have been sourcing for a front left fender for weeks now(Aba, Umuahia, onitsha, rivers, owerri,.....), and im yet to find a GOOD one. That will give you an idea of how difficult it might be to get bumpers, chrome or aluminum side moldings, speedometers and other electrical fiitings, good windows, fuel guages, running boards......the list goes on.
But then you can always Order for them from other countries.
so man, currently i dont even know how much ive spent so far, spent almost more than expected and still going to spend more obviously, so its difficult to estimate right now.
boss........u no change d engine again.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by tunergy(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2015
This is Nice a beauty to behold.
Thid car took me to and fro all my days in the primary school, until a Mitsubishi Tredia overthrew it.

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Updates pls?
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Phantom2(m): 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by ukata16(m): 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
Please I have rust issues with my Honda. You said something about using an anti-rust on the welded part before painting. I will like to know the type of anti-rust you used. The name and cost.
Thanks
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
Bossforeva:
Updates pls?
Bossman, i havent been having time as a friend for some time now,......
next stop will be onitsha for new lights, glasses, bumpers....etc.
will update once i have any little time........

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 2:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
Phantom2:
reminds me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNv0fI-qzP8
watched the video too, but im very sure i havent even done half as much as that man did......
will rebuild my engine too.....

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 3:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
ukata16:
Please I have rust issues with my Honda. You said something about using an anti-rust on the welded part before painting. I will like to know the type of anti-rust you used. The name and cost.
Thanks
Wanted to use one called por 15, but couldn't find it around.....instead my panel beater used one he bought himself and said he always used it and it hasn't dissapointed him for years, but unfortunately i didnt get the name but i think it cost about 4k for a tin.

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
Chibzee2:

Bossman, i havent been having time as a friend for some time now,......
next stop will be onitsha for new lights, glasses, bumpers....etc.
will update once i have any little time........
Am curretly in Onitsha tho, will be here for the remaining months and i pass along new parts every working days.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
Bossforeva:
Am curretly in Onitsha tho, will be here for the remaining months and i pass along new parts every working days.
Thats cool man, will be in owerri towards the end of the month by Gods grace and will definitely drive down to onitsha and hopefully we'll meet as you suppose know the area wella.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
Chibzee2:

Thats cool man, will be in owerri towards the end of the month by Gods grace and will definitely drive down to onitsha and hopefully we'll meet as you suppose know the area wella.
The V-Boot took you down from Lagos?
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
Siena:
it's all coming together real good, I like this.

I would not have chosen Matte Black though, not being a fan of matte paintwork. I feel with the direction your Beetle is heading, and the great amount of time, money and effort you're putting into this car, a bolder colour would have been more befitting.
I still have my mind on the deep gray colour i posted earlier, but till i can get a very good painter artist(not just a painter) who can get closest to what i want as the car isnt a new one, i guess ill roll with the matte for now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Almost Brand New 1985 BMW 323i For N30m? (photos) / Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers / End Of Discussion Vs Discussion Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.