Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Do You Think Buhari Should Continue With The Amnesty Programme (ex- Militants)? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think Buhari Should Continue With The Amnesty Programme (ex- Militants)? (769 Views)

Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi / Fayose In Church: Nigerians Should Continue To Endure The Hardship / Ex-militants Mount Road Blocks In Warri Over Amnesty Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Buhari Should Continue With The Amnesty Programme (ex- Militants)? by WAJW: 10:52am On Apr 19, 2015
The ex-militant leaders in Bayelsa state, weekend gave reasons why they decided to abandon their confrontational posture before the presidential election and resolved to support the incoming administration of the president-elect, Gen. Muhammad Buhari.

According to the ex-militant leaders, though they have discovered that the defeat of President Goodluck Jonathan at the poll was a conspiracy of the South-West and the North against the South-South and the South-East, the decision to stand firm and support the incoming administration is based on the premise that the Amnesty Programme, initiated under the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan will not be stopped.

The ex-militant leaders, under the aegis of the “Leadership, Peace and Cultural Development Initiative” (LPCDI),led by its National president, Pastor Reuben Wilson, said that the support for the Buhari administration will be based on open policy of peace and on the sustenance of the amnesty programme.

The statement signed by Pastor Wilson, congratulated the president-elect on his victory at the poll, but begged him not to abandon the amnesty programme of the federal government. “We have called on all freedom fighters to support the incoming administration to enable it fulfill its campaign promises to Nigerians,” he said.

Wilson, who described the amnesty programme as the only panacea to peace and security in the Niger Delta region, warned that it should not be toyed with by the incoming government. He warned that there will be no peace in the region if the Presidential Amnesty Programme is neglected or abandoned.
Re: Do You Think Buhari Should Continue With The Amnesty Programme (ex- Militants)? by hakanai(m): 11:06am On Apr 19, 2015
No ! Because that entire program me is just an urgent first aid. Not a long term solution.
I say GMB should come up with a program to tackle unemployment, infrastructure deficit, health care and security in that region so the communities can develop to the greater good of all oil producing communities not reward some bunch or handful of bandits. Who harass and hold sway over an entire people. Again how many benefit from the program. Apart from pleasing a few thousand militants how has it helped the larger society of millions? Abi until another group rise to demand something else. I prefer a wholistic approach. Tackle pollution, unemployment,health, education, mass housing, public utilities and security.
Let everyone in the ND taste something and leave same for the future. Not provide for a few that squander it and still return to oppress others. The quiet multitude that works hard and pray for daily bread should be attended too in the ND. I weep for them always! People like Asari and co. Have eaten there fair share. They should be into philanthropy and investment with in there communities to help build a viable environment. Enough short term goals. We should be looking at mid term and long terms goals/benefits !!

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Buhari Should Continue With The Amnesty Programme (ex- Militants)? by acenazt: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2015
Why not?
Re: Do You Think Buhari Should Continue With The Amnesty Programme (ex- Militants)? by Adomamore: 12:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
Don't ever try to continue with the amnesty program. if Buhari tries that, we law abiding citizens in Niger Delta will take up arms against Buhari government. our problem is not amnesty but job creation, electricity and massive development of the oil producing areas. The amnesty program is one of the reason we worked against Jonathan. If he had allowed us to vote freely in the Niger Delta, the results would have been different. militants should go to school or learn hand work.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Buhari Should Continue With The Amnesty Programme (ex- Militants)? by iykebesbt1(m): 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
I don't take decisions for GENERALS..allow him to deal with it in his own way.. Once a Gen always a Gen
Re: Do You Think Buhari Should Continue With The Amnesty Programme (ex- Militants)? by Ilekeh(f): 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
No, amnesty money is only for a few greedy touts.

Use the money wisely to clean up ND, build infrastructures, create jobs etc etc to enrich the lives of common citizens.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Buhari Should Continue With The Amnesty Programme (ex- Militants)? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
The amnesty programme shud be discontinued... if der is anybody dat is asking for any money from anybody, they shud go and ask der state govt for d money, or if possible ask them wat they hv been doing with ask d huge allocations they have been receiving.
Re: Do You Think Buhari Should Continue With The Amnesty Programme (ex- Militants)? by mrvitalis(m): 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
militants u call those cultist .....i grew up in ph and non of those f.ols are militants ......he will and i believe he should stop that rubbish
he should also dis continue the ministry of niger delta add the money to NDDC and put ameachi to head it ...with what he did in ph am sure he will do well
Re: Do You Think Buhari Should Continue With The Amnesty Programme (ex- Militants)? by egift(m): 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
I will prefer those boys are rather employed at various firms, companies, factories, even start their own business instead of just handing them free money.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

An Open Latter To Buhari! / Twitter Guy Bet Me 1000 Dollars GEJ WILL Win,they Both Lost And He Blocked Me. / Emir Of Kano Pays Courtesy Visit To Buhari [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.