Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:09 AM

Valentine Day: Why The Much Ado - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valentine Day: Why The Much Ado (746 Views)

The Friend Zone: Much Ado About Nothing. / Much Ado About Nigerian Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valentine Day: Why The Much Ado by dgreatrock(m): 8:12pm On Jan 30, 2009
every year, once it is getting to february, there is this over blown sensation in the air - the excitement of valentine day. i see it as a deliberate strategy which was engineered to hoodwink the female folk into falling into the ploy of the men. they are made to believe that they are loved and cared for but at the end of the day, when sexual intercourse has been achieved the ladies are left broken hearted, disappionted, and ruined!

please watch your steps, dont be deceived by any - be a man or woman, valentine day is not all to life
Re: Valentine Day: Why The Much Ado by Magz(m): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2009
How's this for beating a dead horse?
Re: Valentine Day: Why The Much Ado by DaPhoenix(f): 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2009
^^ I know right! I can't wait for the 14th to be over with.
Re: Valentine Day: Why The Much Ado by americant: 11:26am On Feb 06, 2009
There's a great much ado about Valentine simply because in contemporay society "Valentine day" has been misconstrued. Valentine day which was suppose to be a holy and solemn day for spouses to commemorate the death of St. Valentine who was martyrd for wedding couples in the Roman Empire. Unfortunately it has become an avenue for immorality, even those who cannot define love.
Re: Valentine Day: Why The Much Ado by dgreatrock(m): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2009
GBUAM!!!!!!!!!!

that is what i have been waiting to hear!

How can we corrupt such a special date with immorality?

My heart bleeds for this generation!
Re: Valentine Day: Why The Much Ado by NegroNtns(m): 2:44pm On Feb 06, 2009
There's a great much ado about Valentine simply because in contemporay society "Valentine day" has been misconstrued. Valentine day which was suppose to be a holy and solemn day for spouses to commemorate the death of St. Valentine who was martyrd for wedding couples in the Roman Empire. Unfortunately it has become an avenue for immorality, even those who cannot define love.

Yep, true word!

It was further exploited by merchandisers that use any celebratory event to sell items. Their greed was welcomed and fed by stupid consumers that believed unless they spend money buying tennis bracelets and necklaces and rings, then they have not shown love to their partner.
Re: Valentine Day: Why The Much Ado by honeric01(m): 2:52pm On Feb 06, 2009
Another wasted day.
Re: Valentine Day: Why The Much Ado by dgreatrock(m): 11:17am On Feb 09, 2009
honeric01:

Another wasted day.

you mean the valentine day?
Re: Valentine Day: Why The Much Ado by ariblaze(m): 11:55am On Feb 09, 2009
the hype helps in market sales

people need excuses to buy stuff

so give them a reason, valentine
Re: Valentine Day: Why The Much Ado by aus123(m): 1:00pm On Feb 09, 2009
It's suppose to be a day of genuine love. But the world has turned to a day of immorality and ,

Well, the modern
Re: Valentine Day: Why The Much Ado by honeric01(m): 6:19pm On Feb 09, 2009
dgreatrock:

you mean the valentine day?

Yes Valentine or valentino day is just another wasted day, why should people wait for just one day to show 'special" love, is there anything like special love that's different from the general love we should always show to eachother? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please / Invitation To Valentine Treat 2009 / What To Get For My Bfriend On Our Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.