Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises (28283 Views)

Certificate Saga: Dino Melaye Thanks Nigerians For Support; Twitter Users Reply / Buhari Appeals To Nigerians To Be Patient With Him On Economic Growth Plans / NNPC Apologises To Nigerians For Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by ShowYourCertificate: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
President elect, General Muhammadu Buhari has appealed to Nigerians not to expect instant miracle from his government to fix all the problems facing the country, but to be patient and supportive, saying that he will need enough time to address the Boko Haram insecurity in the north east and other challenges confronting the nation.

General Buhari who made this appeal in Kaduna on Saturday when he received a delegation of the All Progressive Congress (APC) members from Bauchi state led by the state governor elect, says that the change which Nigerians expect from his incoming administration would not be realized overnight.

He hinged his reason on the fact that governing Nigeria will be difficult for him because of the magnitude of the problems on ground.

The president elect further explained that governing Nigeria will be seriously difficult because of what he termed as colossal rape of its economy and leadership deficit. He however assured that the incoming government will do its best to fix things in the right perspective and therefore appealed for support of all Nigerians to his administration.

Buhari, thanked the people of Bauchi and Nigerians for voting massively for APC during the last Presidential and National Assembly elections, and urged them to be vigilante and to protect themselves from being attacked by insurgents.

On their part, the Bauchi state governor elect, Mohammed Abubakar , other elected state and National Assembly members described General Buhari as somebody who is genuinely interested in the peace and progress of the country. They expressed hope that Nigeria will be better under his leadership.

The Governor-elect, also disclosed that he will not waste government resources to probe the outgoing administration in the state, but he will seek better ways of ensuring that all stolen money are recovered for the development of the state.
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/04/19/buhari-appeals-to-nigerians-for-enough-time-to-deliver-promises/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by ShowYourCertificate: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
How much time? 4years? 8years? 16years?

Choi! Nigerians, we have been scammed grin

Says that the change which Nigerians expect from his incoming administration would not be realized overnight. He hinged his reason on the fact that governing Nigeria will be difficult for him because of the magnitude of the problems on ground.

216 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by ovaRAYted(m): 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by baralatie(m): 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
k
Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by imbless: 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
This man will be one of the best president ever in nigeria,
You know that people value what they suffered to get , that's GMB for u , unlike oga jona who didn't utilized the opportunity he had very well, because he didn't suffered much to get there, he was just lucky.

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
CHANGE cannot wait

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by Princecalm(m): 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
Anti-Buhari peeps will be like, this man is now playing on us. Remember he is no magician, he really needs time. But i still think he is trying to use a strategy and that is by reducing the expectation of the people and then storming them by surprise with developments.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by Firefire(m): 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
He hinged his reason on the fact that governing Nigeria will be difficult for him because of the magnitude of the problems on ground. – Mr. Buhary.

Mr. Buhary you have only 4 YEARS to prove your worth and confirm the trust Nigerians have in you is not a ‘ONE CHANCE’

We believe you know the magnitude of the problems on ground beyond you decided to contest again?

We have no time for all your stories, we expect to see your meaningful performance from DAY ONE!

Ko si aye iranu ati osi.

God bless your reign.

Shalom!
Firefire!

169 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by papaejima1: 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
Ok sir.
But no way sir. The call is not yours to make. We made the mistake in the past and look where it landed us.

The call belongs to the people now, they are the ones who voted you into power. If they say 'jump', please sir you better jump for your own sake.

Don't give us excuses, just do the work. If you cannot accomplish it in the timeframe set by the nigerian people, the very same people that put you there will kick you out so fast and hard you can't even spell GMB.

Thank you sir for your anticipated cooperation.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by Tallesty1(m): 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2015

Not surprised, every sane man knows that buhari cannot fulfil all his promises, apc supporters should just get ready for e-fights and bashing.

Nigeria politics and politicians have taught me what being a woman is like and what it feels like to be a woman with a new boyfriend. You got promised everything, then bleeped left, right, and center, and finally abandoned. You will have no option than to cry, curse, pray and hope that the next dude will be a little better.

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by loomer: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
Don't worry, we don already give u 4years.

I'm not a fan of u nor Jonathan, but I hope u do better

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by barackodam: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
iono what beef Buhari and this "SYC" have with each other. Keep on stalking him and I bet you by the end of four years which he hopefully must have changed the Nation, his party would be massively voted for again

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by ishiamu(m): 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
ovaRAYted:
ok

Them don dey change mouth..... we are watching this fake change agent with broom moving about

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by ozoigbondu: 1:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
We were promised change and we expect change No excuses angry.This man is already excuses for his impending disastrous failure but we no go agree after six months this change government will be properly evaulted and properly baptized angry.l hope pa buhari knows we are not patient people tongue

Kai we don enter one chance cheesy they don scam us grin

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
How much time? 4years? 8years? 16years?

Choi! Nigerians,we have been scammed grin
Who are the we??Speak for yourself,your hatred for buhari is as useless as your common sense....Buhari will lead this country to the promise land and he will perform very well and haters like you will bury your empty head in shame...haters like you can go and kiss hot iron!!!!!all your posts on nairaland is all about buhari this buhari that,dem use buhari swear for you??

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by SeverusSnape(m): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2015

I'm just laughing, nothing more.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by Firefire(m): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
ishiamu:

Them don dey change mouth..... we are watching this fake change agent with broom moving about

Let us give them the benefit of doubt... but I promise it will never be a game as usual.

Their control of the media will not stop the will of the people to demand for performance, accountability and transparency.

May God deliver Nigeria from the Lion's Den.

Peace!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by delishpot: 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
Like 3 terms ba?

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by kendrick9(m): 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
buhari has failure written all over him...
i still can't understand how this cattle rearer became president elect of this country...

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by Firefire(m): 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
delishpot:
Like 3 terms ba?

him be OBJ wey bi go ask for 3 term?

73 + 4 = 77Yrs. First Term

77 + 4 = 81Yrs. Second Term

81 + 4 = 85 Yrs. Third Term shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by francizy(m): 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hmmm, and the excuses keep pouring in...

Buhari, you must fulfill above 50% of your campaign promises kawai!

Else we vote you out Yo Wahhhhhhh!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by Firefire(m): 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
francizy:
Hmmm, and the excuses keep pouring in...

Buhari, you must fulfill above 50% of your campaign promises kawai!

Else we vote you out Yo Wahhhhhhh!

I doubt their would ever be a vote out, I feel the ACN turned APC we all know are Masters in forgery, rigging and manipulation of election results, coupled with huge ability on media lies, fabrications and propagandas.

I sense a major Revolution on the way, APC antecedent is not democratic and we doubt they will ever allow any fair play like Jonathan's administration.

Only time shall tell.

Peace.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by PassingShot(m): 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
[size=16pt]Is the OP or any of his type expecting an "overnight miracle"?

There is nothing strange in what the president-elect has said.

He has simply said "be patient with us, we will deliver". He hasn't said "the problems are too many, we cannot solve them".
[/size]

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by baralatie(m): 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
Firefire:

I doubt their would ever be a vote out, I feel the ACN turned APC we all know are Masters in forgery, rigging and manipulation of election results, coupled with huge ability on media lies, fabrications and propagandas.

I sense a major Revolution on the way, APC antecedent is not democratic and we doubt they will ever allow any fair play like Jonathan's administration.

Only time shall tell.

Peace.

it is well o!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by PassingShot(m): 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
Firefire:

Only time shall tell.

Peace.

Just make sure you don't develop HBP before four years from now.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
How long is "ENOUGH TIME"?
Will "ENOUGH TIME" be enough for you to give us 24/7 power supply? I remember when Fashola boasted that it is not rocket science to provide Nigerians 24/7 power supply, he even gave a timeline of 8 months max.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/

The Fura drinking General should roll up his sleeve and get to work. No excuses!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by Firefire(m): 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
baralatie:

it is well o!

Amen!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by delishpot: 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
Firefire:

him be OBJ wey bi go ask for 3 term?

73 + 4 = 77Yrs. First Term

77 + 4 = 81Yrs. Second Term

81 + 4 = 85 Yrs. Third Term shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Na so we see am o. Na so all of dem dey do na.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by Firefire(m): 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
PassingShot:

Just make sure you don't develop HBP before four years from now.

Wo, Omo Iya, ko si HBP ni bi Kankan, eru o ba odo, eni to fe wo odo ni eru nba.

We only hope that APC would be fair enough to be truthful and sincere with Nigeria under their watch?

We demand accountability and transparency from APC.

How much will 1km of road construction becomes under APC lead FG? It used to be 1km = 1Bn in Lagos & SW before the application of inflation rate. (1km = 1.2Bn) all contract given to the grandmaster.

Nigerians can no longer be taken for a free ride, so, tell Buhary to talk less and act more.

Nigerians are watching.

Shalom!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by doctokwus: 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
You have our unalloyed support sir.
Every sensible person in Nigeria knows the destruction wrought by GEJ in all sectors of Nigeria's life cannot be undone in a flash.
Sensible minds like mine expect that u need a minimum of d constitutionally prescribed maximum of 8yrs to have done substantial work that would stand d test of time.U have have d support and patience of Nigerians throughout your envisaged first four years and then with the expected positive lights in your first term,you are likely gonna get another 4yrs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by ShowYourCertificate: 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
wakacome:
Buhari will lead this country to the promise land and he will perform very well
Which Buhari? Is it the same Buhari that just said that "governing Nigeria will be difficult for him because of the magnitude of the problems on ground"? Bros abeg no make me over-laugh grin

27 Likes

Re: Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises by SomebodyLovesMe: 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
General Muhammadu Buhari - Nigeria's best president yet.

We are in full support of you sir, because we know that you are not corrupt, you are not clueless, and you have the will to make positive change.

In a few months, even those who didn't vote for you will be enjoying the benefits of your good governance. Well, thank God for the wise progressives who voted you in. We have to help the clueless ones.

grin

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha / PDP's First Executive Committee Meeting After Losing The 2015 Elections (Photos) / Obasanjo Dances At His 79th Birthday (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.