Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It (6967 Views)

Balarabe: Why The North Has Never Allowed Nigeria To Have Peace, Unity, Progress / Bola Tinubu Is No God – Melaye / Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Setaje(f): 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
This is exactly what my dad said. Exactly why my dad kicked against yorubas siding wiv hausas. This hausas are too smart. Wiv Buharis win, they have taken us back hundred years. I just hope yoruba leaders can at least do something for the south west and it's people. If not this hausas don't mind holding power for life. This has always been their tactics. I trust yoruba people who are always vocal. It won't be long before they start insulting Buhari especially when he is not performing as expected and before u no it they will turn to opposition. This time the hausas will just go and meet south east or south south and those ones will gladly follow. Who doesn't want national cake. This has always been hausa tactics. Divide and rule!

The moment yoruba igbo and south south stand together wiv one voice, is the beginning of progress in Nigeria. The hausas no that. This is why I dislike jonathan. He would have formed a formidable united southern Nigeria. But he relegated one part to the ground. Now we are back to square 1. With the way hausas voted. It simply means nobody can attain anything in this country wivout the help of hausas and they will continue to be the owners of Nigeria. It's a shame. People who are 20 years backwards from the south and people who so believe it's their birthright to rule Nigeria. I just laugh when people say if Buhari doesn't perform u will vote him out. Lmao. Let me see how u will vote a man out that comes from the largest ethnic group in Nigeria. In case u don't no. The hausas speak wiv one voice. Anything that concerns the north will bring a northerner apc and pdp together. Something we cannot see a southerner do. We are in big trouble o. I do not trust the north one bit and I have no apologies.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
Being an opposition is not an easy task oooo,you have to cook up something.But you must be sure what you are cook get cooked properly if not the public won't eat it.Like this one,its already rejected
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
Anyone who saw the northerners celebrating can definitely tell they were not celebrating the return of power to the north but rather the death of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by anigbajumo(m): 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
I dnt knw may b na buhari u see on ballot paper or APC....
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by 7lives: 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
virud:
There are remnants of truth in these kinda thing . But all power players understands that power can't remain in one place for too long ,else it will self-destruct. Ulterior motives or not, northern Nigeria wants to remain relevant in the polity of Nigeria. And to me, that is understandable.
Aribisala is a bad infuence on todays youth and people should be wary of him.
If an elderly man like Aribisala can not call spade a spade, then the youths are in trouble.
Agenda or no agenda, it is not right for president Goodluck to agree to one tenor only to deny saying such.
This is why majority of the SW were like " abeg make this man carry him wahala go front and I believe maladministration and that his wife is another factor.
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by virud: 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
7lives:

Aribisala is a bad infuence on todays youth and people should be wary of him.
If an elderly man like Aribisala can not call spade a spade, then the youths are in trouble.
Agenda or no agenda, it is not right for president Goodluck to agree to one tenor only to deny saying such.
This is why majority of the SW were like " abeg make this man carry him wahala go front and I believe maladministration and that his wife is another factor.
Don't mix issues up. Please! Agreeing to one tenure is unconstitutional and such arrangement and agreement is therefore null and void. Were you present when this agreement was undertaken?
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by oluspencer(m): 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
why is femi aribisala having issues with nigeria unity
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Mcowubaba: 8:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
ogb5:
Who does not know the north has an agenda?

Do you think that they sacrificed their children to be kidnapped and raped, and their infrastructures destroyed through self bombing just for Tinubu to call the shots?

Mba, the north has an agenda quite right.

They have started by laying claim to the positions of Senate president and Speaker of the House simultaneously.
This is the 1st time any region will be asking for both seats in addition to the presidency at thesame time.

The malams have definitely arrived.
hmmmmmm..did u even reason/think b4 typing dis
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by owobokiri(m): 8:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
Gbawe:
Yes the "evil" North always has a 'sinister' agenda. Can Aribisala now shut up? The guy is so retrogressive and annoying. He is also very dishonest and shamelessly revisionist. There is a lot to admire about Buhari and there is a lot to admire about Tinubu also. Both want what is best for Nigeria. Same way they put aside ideological differences to defeat the PDP is how they will work together to make Nigeria great.

While the PDP can only give Nigeria the 'dead weight' called Sambo, Tinubu put forward Osinbajo who is a brilliant man who can deputise effectively for Buhari any time and any day. We know Aribisala grew up in the days of the North and South 'cold war' but someone needs to tell him that Buhari is not Adamu Ciroma et al and that the likes of Kwanwaso, El-Rufai, Tambuwal et al are the new face of Northern leadership that is pro-people and want to work with the rest of Nigeria to secure the development of the common man.

Aribisala should spare us his bitterness. The evil Party he supported and glorified has been deposed and Nigerians can now begin to hope again. He should carry his message of negativity and bitterness to Mars.

Utter hogwash!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by toluine56(m): 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
Another Orubebe in the making...jus ranting..never knew such peeps existed until nw..
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
owobokiri:

Utter hogwash!
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
Well one thing I know is of buhari forsakes tinubu then the SW would align wqith the SS and SE again to oust the North. But even as a yourba I fail to see what the SW really want by betraying everybody.

This is my experience, my opinion. Expect your mileage to vary.
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by ahaz: 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
oduastates:
This Aribisala is a nuisance.
His arguments are always illogical and he is clueless.
The SW does not need the centre as long as that centre does not behave like and is not as clueless as Jonathan.
On tinubu and one imagined northern agenda, only a man without a purpose in life would not have an agenda. The important thing is,
What are those agendas?
The SW agenda is in the open. As long as Nigeria remains one, the agenda is a structure which works for every man, woman and child regardless of ethnicity.
On the SW APC being sidelined , only a fool would do that considering the organising skills of the main actors from the region. Those who are capable of making a success of buhari's government and their administrative ability are in the lagos APC. A split vote in this election could easily turn to a landslide for any candidate in a future election.
Also, we are no more in the 1970.
Buhari is not as gullible as Aribisala thinks. The resistance to his ascent to aso rock was even worse in the NW(his own region) than anywhere else.

ranting of a tribal demented bigot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 20, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Astana You see what I told you? They like the fact that the northerners are dying. Eurobomber next time take note

Please stop that, there is no where in his post that shows that he is rejoicing at the death of northerners. He is only trying to say that the boko haram people are northerners and were willing to sacrifice some of their people to achieve their aim. Where is the rejoicing in that?
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 20, 2015
Aribisala has never seen anything positive about Buhari since he started the journey to the Aso Rock. I do follow his weekly post on Facebook, thus make me to believe that the man has a score to settle with the General.
He predicted that GMB would fail, yet he won. What else does he want for goodness sake?
If GMB fails us, everyone will be affected, both North and South. It's time to forsake the politics of bitterness and embrace peace and unity.
We need to support the government and stop wishing them failure!
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 20, 2015
adeyemi2015:
Aribisala has never seen anything positive about Buhari since he started the journey to the Aso Rock. I do follow his weekly post on Facebook, thus make me to believe that the man has a score to settle with the General.
He predicted that GMB would fail, yet he won. What else does he want for goodness sake?
If GMB fails us, everyone will be affected, both North and South. It's time to forsake the politics of bitterness and embrace peace and unity.
We need to support the government and stop wishing them failure!

Interesting. It's NOW time to forsake the politics of bitterness and embrace peace and unity ko? You see ya hypocrisy? Why didn't we do same NOW? Why not do same in the past?

I follow Aribisala also. Nobody is perfect, but his articles are almost always spot on. He says it as it is. He's being on a running battle with GMB since the latter's dictatorial days in the 80s; it doesn't start now.

With the same scale the enemies measure for GEJ, shall their portions be measured. Karma is a bitch!
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by maestroferddi: 8:35am On Apr 20, 2015
Setaje:
This is exactly what my dad said. Exactly why my dad kicked against yorubas siding wiv hausas. This hausas are too smart. Wiv Buharis win, they have taken us back hundred years. I just hope yoruba leaders can at least do something for the south west and it's people. If not this hausas don't mind holding power for life. This has always been their tactics. I trust yoruba people who are always vocal. It won't be long before they start insulting Buhari especially when he is not performing as expected and before u no it they will turn to opposition. This time the hausas will just go and meet south east or south south and those ones will gladly follow. Who doesn't want national cake. This has always been hausa tactics. Divide and rule!

The moment yoruba igbo and south south stand together wiv one voice, is the beginning of progress in Nigeria. The hausas no that. This is why I dislike jonathan. He would have formed a formidable united southern Nigeria. But he relegated one part to the ground. Now we are back to square 1. With the way hausas voted. It simply means nobody can attain anything in this country wivout the help of hausas and they will continue to be the owners of Nigeria. It's a shame. People who are 20 years backwards from the south and people who so believe it's their birthright to rule Nigeria. I just laugh when people say if Buhari doesn't perform u will vote him out. Lmao. Let me see how u will vote a man out that comes from the largest ethnic group in Nigeria. In case u don't no. The hausas speak wiv one voice. Anything that concerns the north will bring a northerner apc and pdp together. Something we cannot see a southerner do. We are in big trouble o. I do not trust the north one bit and I have no apologies.
I just hope and pray that Southern Nigeria will not eternally suffer the consequences of Tinubu's greed and Jonathan's cluelessness.

Granted that Jonathan bungled it by sidelining the SW from key positions in his government, but he could have done some amelioration if he had gotten re-elected. But Tinubu allowed vindictivenesss and greed to overshadow his sense of expediency.

I laugh, just as you also indicated, when some ignorant folks talk of voting out Buhari if he fails to perform. Well, nobody is to be blamed: we have all been so spoilt by Jonathan that we now take conducting a free, fair and credible election for granted. Let's wait till Buhari replaces Jega with an independent-minded southerner.

I daresay that the immediate future does not look so bright for southern Nigeria in the political dynamics of Nigeria.

We are watching...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 20, 2015
abuchilag:
Femi is right on point!
Tinubu is highly expendable.
The North did not vote for APC....they only voted for Buhari. It might explain the reason why other parties contesting for other position used Buhari's picture to boost their popularity.

The total number of votes given to Buhari in South West was less than what Buhari got in Katsina and Kano. Let us watch events unfold.

God bless Nigeria
And the S/S and S/E voted pdp because? The hausas are not as dumb as y'all make them out to be.......smh
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by nduchucks: 9:17am On Apr 20, 2015
Even Tinubu himself is not dellusional enough to believe that he can call the shots when General Buhari is at the helms of power.

The SW will most definitely be compensated for their support but Tinubu will rip his acts of bravery and support, quietly. He'll have full access to Buhari and Aso Rock, and he will definitely have the ears of the President; but do not expect him to be calling any shots.

The Tinubu baggage which allowed the SW Governors to block his Vice Presidential ambition, is alive and well. This baggage is why many Nigerians including Buhari and even this poster, do not completely trust the man and would rather that he does not represent the face of APC under any condition.
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by IGBOSON1: 9:26am On Apr 20, 2015
Setaje:

^^^Oh dear!......'One chance' readily comes to mind!! undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by TopGee: 9:29am On Apr 20, 2015
I knew Tinubu would be left behind and it will be difficult for the entire South to come together when the real game will be unfolded because South-east and South-south may just sit back and laugh as the occasion offers.
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by abdulwastecx(m): 9:51am On Apr 20, 2015
ZKOSOSO:
Am sure what the North is cooking will not be funny to the south!

Final nailing of the coffin of southerners aspiring to ever rule united Nigeria again !!

Sharia is smelling around already!

Black market of petrol the main job of almajiri is already back and strong.

Back to the days of Abacha......!

NIGERIA IS NOT NORTH SOUTH DIVIDE.
there is no such thing as southern and northern Nigeria from the perspective of ideology and cultural similarity.

Yoruba people from south western Nigeria are similar to hausas than say igbo or people from the delta. There is cultural similarity thanks to religion.

Northern problem is poverty, illiteracy, unemployment etc... these to me is also Nigeria problem. The reasons we supported the people's general is the believe that he can reposition Nigeria and make her citizen to be proud of her again
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by abdulwastecx(m): 9:57am On Apr 20, 2015
TopGee:
I knew Tinubu would be left behind and it will be difficult for the entire South to come together when the real game will be unfolded because South-east and South-south may just sit back and laugh as the occasion offers.

which south are you talking about?
south eastern and the so called south south ( edo state is an exception) had never cooperated with the Yoruba race before.

I don't really like tinubu but proud what he has done.

about 30% of Yoruba people are politically in the northern states of kwara and Kogi. some e resident in so many northern states and they all live in peace with their host communities.

I' m a yoruba man from Niger state
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by tonychristopher: 10:10am On Apr 20, 2015
Setaje:

GOD BLESS YOU

DID YOU SEE THE MESS YORUBA HAS PUT IS INTO ....AND A MAN WITHOUT WAEC JUST because OF TWO SQUARE MEALS HE PROMISED THEM

1 Like

Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by abdulwastecx(m): 10:11am On Apr 20, 2015
maestroferddi:
I just hope and pray that Southern Nigeria will not eternally suffer the consequences of Tinubu's greed and Jonathan's cluelessness.

Granted that Jonathan bungled it by sidelining the SW from key positions in his government, but he could have done some amelioration if he had gotten re-elected. But Tinubu allowed vindictivenesss and greed to overshadow his sense of expediency.

I laugh, just as you also indicated, when some ignorant folks talk of voting out Buhari if he fails to perform. Well, nobody is to be blamed: we have all been so spoilt by Jonathan that we now take conducting a free, fair and credible election for granted. Let's wait till Buhari replaces Jega with an independent-minded southerner.

I daresay that the immediate future does not look so bright for southern Nigeria in the political dynamics of Nigeria.

We are watching...

Igbos bring up southern Nigeria togetherness when it benefitted them...where were you guys when your clueless son was ruling Nigeria and dividing all her assets between you greedy people.

how may road or infrastructure did executed in south west?

Greedy and selfish people always hang on southern or northern unity to loot and steel Nigeria dry.
Politicians has been using northern agenda in the past to loot and the larger percentage of northern people still live in abject poverty.
Buhari is different, buhari is exemplary, buhari cares about poor Nigeria in respective of tribe or religion.

The day general Mohammed Buhari won the presidential election was the happiest day of my life.
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by forgiveness: 10:25am On Apr 20, 2015
abuchilag:
Femi is right on point!
Tinubu is highly expendable.
The North did not vote for APC....they only voted for Buhari. It might explain the reason why other parties contesting for other position used Buhari's picture to boost their popularity.

The total number of votes given to Buhari in South West was less than what Buhari got in Katsina and Kano. Let us watch events unfold.

God bless Nigeria

Presidential election results

Gen Buhari 15, 424, 921
Pres. Jona 12, 853, 162

Buhari won with 2, 571, 759

Result from the South West

Lagos 792, 460
Oyo 528, 620
Osun 383, 603
Ogun 308, 290
Ondo 299, 889
Ekiti 120, 331

Total South West Vote
2, 433, 193

2, 571, 759 - 2, 433, 193 = 138, 566

Without those votes the election can easily be rigged with just 300, 000 Votes.

Is South West votes still inconsequential?
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by ogb5(m): 11:02am On Apr 20, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Astana You see what I told you? They like the fact that the northerners are dying. Eurobomber next time take note

No true Nigerian like the idea of Northerners killing themselves over power. But if a region chooses to bomb themselves and kidnap their own children, what can other regions really do about it?

If a man choose to murder his family today can you really stop him? He can simply serve his family poison as dinner and there is nothing you can do about it. The Northern leaders served their children poisons for the last four years, we had nothing to do than watch, hoping that the northern children will wise up, unfortunately the children did not wise up, they even voted for Shettima to continue presiding over the kidnap of school girls in Borno
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Goke7: 11:23am On Apr 20, 2015
Setaje:

with all this ranting now who do you blame? some of you guys come here and spew rubbish about the north but should I say that we southerners are worse than the north? just check out the voting pattern in the north, they voted for Buhari massively despite the fact the core elite leaders in the north never wanted buhari cos of his very strong willed personality, they identified with someone they felt could lead Nigeria well irrespective of religion or tribe, just check places like kaduna where you have a strong presence of christians in the southern part, plateau state gave enough votes for buhari, same with benue, kogi, Niger and the north eastern states where the muslims do not supercede the christians in number in reality.

come down to the south where in the east and ss where people voted on the basis of religion and hatred for a party, they were so gullible to be misled by their leaders that they overlooked the good things leaders like okorocha and ngige did for them. Even in the west a lot of guys compromised cos of Jona's dollars and sold their conscience.

You can say all you want about the north but we in the south are ungrateful lots and corruption personified as exemplified by Jonathan himself who was ungrateful to the west for his 2011 victory but decided to bribe his way for re-election.
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Goke7: 11:28am On Apr 20, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Igbos bring up southern Nigeria togetherness when it benefitted them...where were you guys when your clueless son was ruling Nigeria and dividing all her assets between you greedy people.

how may road or infrastructure did executed in south west?

Greedy and selfish people always hang on southern or northern unity to loot and steel Nigeria dry.
Politicians has been using northern agenda in the past to loot and the larger percentage of northern people still live in abject poverty.
Buhari is different, buhari is exemplary, buhari cares about poor Nigeria in respective of tribe or religion.

The day general Mohammed Buhari won the presidential election was the happiest day of my life.

my brother you nailed it well, it is when our southern politicians esp the guys from the ss and se want to buy their way out, that they turn around to accuse the north of born to rule mentality, their trick didn't work this time as some Nigerians are getting wiser by the day
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 20, 2015
ogb5:

No true Nigerian like the idea of Northerners killing themselves over power. But if a region chooses to bomb themselves and kidnap their own children, what can other regions really do about it?

If a man choose to murder his family today can you really stop him? He can simply serve his family poison as dinner and there is nothing you can do about it. The Northern leaders served their children poisons for the last four years, we had nothing to do than watch, hoping that the northern children will wise up, unfortunately the children did not wise up, they even voted for Shettima to continue presiding over the kidnap of school girls in Borno
I thought the chibok girls saga was a scam? shocked all your comments on this thread is just full of conspiracies nothing more.....next time try not to generalise....and have some human feelings for Bleep's sake,that's not so hard is it? I cringed at every word you typed....fear God smiley
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by talktofemi: 11:54am On Apr 20, 2015
Let look at Buhari's government viz-a-viz the three arms of the government.

1. Executive---Headed by a Northerner

2. Judiciary---Headed by a Northerner (Always has been)

3. Legislative---?? (Senate--Probably a Northerner| House of Reps--)

And the hold completes.

Are we still saying there is no Northern Agenda?
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
tonychristopher:

GOD BLESS YOU

DID YOU SEE THE MESS YORUBA HAS PUT IS INTO ....AND A MAN WITHOUT WAEC JUST because OF TWO SQUARE MEALS HE PROMISED THEM
And what abt the mess your 'brother' put us in....use ur brain more.....and you people are always the first to shout tribalism....what did GEJ even do for you people? Its nt that hard to make sense so try harder dear cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gani Adam Before And Gani Adams After Receiving Jonathan Pipeline Contract / Gunmen Kidnap Da Gyang Balak Gut, Plateau Traditional Ruler / The Map Of Biafra!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.