Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It (6969 Views)

Balarabe: Why The North Has Never Allowed Nigeria To Have Peace, Unity, Progress / Bola Tinubu Is No God – Melaye / Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
Goke7:

my brother you nailed it well, it is when our southern politicians esp the guys from the ss and se want to buy their way out, that they turn around to accuse the north of born to rule mentality, their trick didn't work this time as some Nigerians are getting wiser by the day
Its just annoying! They all voted En masse for GEJ but no one screamed 'conspiracy btween SE/SS' but the they're the ones shouting cospiracy between the north and the south....they think they can hold nigeria ransome to their naïve choices....
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by talktofemi: 12:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
Well one thing I know is of buhari forsakes tinubu then the SW would align wqith the SS and SE again to oust the North. But even as a yourba I fail to see what the SW really want by betraying everybody.

This is my experience, my opinion. Expect your mileage to vary.

Hmmmmm. Pardon me if I said this is unrealistic.

The SW/SS and SE has never have a single accord politically. History is there to bear witness.

And the North has and will always go in a single direction. History is also there to bear witness. It was Obasanjo master-stroke, by splitting the Middle Belt from the core North, that guaranteed the PDP winning the previous presidential elections. But Jonah think otherwise.

Let look at the scenario below:

The whole South votes for A and the core North votes for B. That way, the votes is about even, with whoever the Middle Belt siding with emerging the winner.

The only way the North can be ousted is to split them. Without that even if SS, SW and SE join forces, it wouldn't be enough to oust the 'North' if the 'North' includes the Middle-Belt.
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Ezemust: 12:35pm On Apr 20, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Astana You see what I told you? They like the fact that the northerners are dying. Eurobomber next time take note
is he lying?
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2015
Tinubu only needed the grip of the southwest to serve the yoruba interest though favoritism in his style of leadership cannot be rule out. Though he has got a bad reputation in some quarters for being a ruthless kind of guy. But his vision of leadership softens and his description of a good leader actually sounds transformational, which is the style of leadership expected of Buhari. Tinubu rally behind buhari is to enhance the growth of the South west region and Nigeria as a whole though some may say to enhance his pockets too (on a lighter note). So i dont see buhari forsaking tinubu in his style of governance in the future.
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by abdulwastecx(m): 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2015
talktofemi:

Hmmmmm. Pardon me if I said this is unrealistic.

The SW/SS and SE has never have a single accord politically. History is there to bear witness.

And the North has and will always go in a single direction. History is also there to bear witness. It was Obasanjo master-stroke, by splitting the Middle Belt from the core North, that guaranteed the PDP winning the previous presidential elections. But Jonah think otherwise.

Let look at the scenario below:

The whole South votes for A and the core North votes for B. That way, the votes is about even, with whoever the Middle Belt siding with emerging the winner.

The only way the North can be ousted is to split them. Without that even if SS, SW and SE join forces, it wouldn't be enough to oust the 'North' if the 'North' includes the Middle-Belt.

Northern political landscape is riddle with too much religions sentiments. Islam is a big deal among poor and uneducated Muslim northerners, political figures in the past had capitalize on this social problem to promote hatred and division along these lines.

The best governor Niger never had was David umoru a christian grari ethnic group. His inability to win the governorship race on so many occasions was down to his ethnicity. The main beneficiaries of these sentiments are the crop of politicians that are always talking about northern agenda. Buhari is different, buhari is a simple and very principled man who is fed up about the living conditions of average Nigerians.
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by tonychristopher: 1:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
sarahatuba:

And what abt the mess your 'brother' put us in....use ur brain more.....and you people are always the first to shout tribalism....what did GEJ even do for you people? Its nt that hard to make sense so try harder dear cheesy

IJAW NOT IBO
LOOK AT OBASANJO AND HIS IDIOTIC 'CO TRAVELERS LANDED US HERE
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
tonychristopher:

IJAW NOT IBO
LOOK AT OBASANJO AND HIS IDIOTIC 'CO TRAVELERS LANDED US HERE
Do you know what you people's main issue is?? 'EXTREME PARANOIA'......you all keep yammering abt this same issue and I still see no sense in it.......y'all should stop chasing shadows and STOP seeing things that aren't there
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by ogb5(m): 1:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
sarahatuba:

I thought the chibok girls saga was a scam? shocked all your comments on this thread is just full of conspiracies nothing more.....next time try not to generalise....and have some human feelings for Bleep's sake,that's not so hard is it? I cringed at every word you typed....fear God smiley

I wonder how you define conspiracy. It is a fact that northerners are the ones killing their own brothers and kidnapping their children up north. I am yet to see any credible report that says southerners are the ones doing the killing and kidnapping in the north.

It is on record that Shettima was advised to move the exams from chibok to a better secured location, he refused and the girls were kidnapped. How did northerners respond to that wrong judgement call? They voted for Shettima!

We wish you guys success in what ever you are planning for yourselves
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 20, 2015
ogb5:

I wonder how you define conspiracy. It is a fact that northerners are the ones killing their own brothers and kidnapping their children up north. I am yet to see any credible report that says southerners are the ones doing the killing and kidnapping in the north.

It is on record that Shettima was advised to move the exams from chibok to a better secured location, he refused and the girls were kidnapped. How did northerners respond to that wrong judgement call? They voted for Shettima!

We wish you guys success in what ever you are planning for yourselves
frm the last statement you made shows your the type thats quick to judge(no suprise there) .....you do know that northerners are not the only victims of the insurgence right?
'the northerners are the ones killing their own brothers' lol....are u telling me you have a list of all BH members and it shows that only northerners are members of the sect? (there we go again with the judgements)....BTW never told i was one of 'them'.......well i also wish you what you wish them smiley #cheers
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by GhaliNaaba(m): 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
abuchilag:
Femi is right on point!
Tinubu is highly expendable.
The North did not vote for APC....they only voted for Buhari. It might explain the reason why other parties contesting for other position used Buhari's picture to boost their popularity.

The total number of votes given to Buhari in South West was less than what Buhari got in Katsina and Kano. Let us watch events unfold.

God bless Nigeria
Remove south west votes from Gen Buhari votes and let's see what would have happened. Stop thinking with your kidney.
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by ogb5(m): 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
sarahatuba:

frm the last statement you made shows your the type thats quick to judge(no suprise there) .....you do know that northerners are not the only victims of the insurgence right?
'the northerners are the ones killing their own brothers' lol....are u telling me you have a list of all BH members and it shows that only northerners are members of the sect? (there we go again with the judgements)....BTW never told i was one of 'them'.......well i also wish you what you wish them smiley #cheers

Quick to judge? Hell no! We have watched the macabre dance of the northerners since independence, they have been doing this dance since 1966, using violence as instruments of negotiation. It is the northern thing, they kill without thinking about it. Just that this time they chose to be killing their own brothers and sisters and kidnap some of them to use as wives.

I dont know if you know any southerner in Boko Haram, but when they come online to glorify the atrocities they have commited, they speak Hausa, a northern language. I am yet to hear them speak Edo, Ijaw, Ibo or Yoruba. Maybe you have heard them speaking southern languages in your meeting with them. You have to fill us in there
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2015
ogb5:

Quick to judge? Hell no! We have watched the macabre dance of the northerners since independence, they have been doing this dance since 1966, using violence as instruments of negotiation. It is the northern thing, they kill without thinking about it. Just that this time they chose to be killing their own brothers and sisters and kidnap some of them to use as wives.

I dont know if you know any southerner in Boko Haram, but when they come online to glorify the atrocities they have commited, they speak Hausa, a northern language. I am yet to hear them speak Edo, Ijaw, Ibo or Yoruba. Maybe you have heard them speaking southern languages in your meeting with them. You have to fill us in there

Your statement shows you have a personal thing against the NORTH since you can go as far as generalising...thinking all northerners are monsters just cause BH originated frm the north(can't help with your personal issues)....I guess I can say all niger deltans are thieves and kindnappers (MEND) considering how they killed all in the name of ''protecting'' what's theirs (nt comparing both,just making a point)
Unless you can provide evidence of every member of the sect being only 'NORTHERNERS' wnt argue with you on that smiley
Lol @ my meeting with them ahahahaha dnt try too hard to sound intelligent hun....you'll hurt your head wink
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by ogb5(m): 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
sarahatuba:

Your statement shows you have a personal thing against the NORTH since you can go as far as generalising...thinking all northerners are monsters just cause BH originated frm the north(can't help with your personal issues)....I guess I can say all niger deltans are thieves and kindnappers (MEND) considering how they killed all in the name of ''protecting'' what's theirs (nt comparing both,just making a point)
Unless you can provide evidence of every member of the sect being only 'NORTHERNERS' wnt argue with you on that smiley
Lol @ my meeting with them ahahahaha dnt try too hard to sound intelligent hun....you'll hurt your head wink

I don't have anything against the North, on the contrary I pity the common folks up north who has big problems thrust on them.

The children of the commoners are killed daily up North, some are kidnapped and forced attack their own communities. Other poor ones are kidnapped and made wives to terrorists against their wish.

Those are not the ones I have problem with. You should ask your self, what has northern leaders done to solve the problem in the north? Have they done enough to solve the problems the north is facing? And if they have not done enough, what should be the punishment for such northern leaders who have not done enough? Is the requisite punishment being meted to those northern leaders who looked the other way while their subjects where being trampled upon.

The problem with the north starts with their leaders. They are very selfish.

The Niger delta had the problem of militants, their leaders went into the creeks to placate them, pressuring them to lay down their arms. The south east ones had the dreaded bakassi group that were meting out jungle justice in the south east. The south east leaders were able to cage them. The yoruba odua group ones put it upon themselves to trade blows with hausas in the south west, they have been prevailed upon to live and let live.
why has the Northern leaders not been able to quell the rubbish that is going on in the north.
Re: Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 20, 2015
ogb5:

I don't have anything against the North, on the contrary I pity the common folks up north who has big problems thrust on them.

The children of the commoners are killed daily up North, some are kidnapped and forced attack their own communities. Other poor ones are kidnapped and made wives to terrorists against their wish.

Those are not the ones I have problem with. You should ask your self, what has northern leaders done to solve the problem in the north? Have they done enough to solve the problems the north is facing? And if they have not done enough, what should be the punishment for such northern leaders who have not done enough? Is the requisite punishment being meted to those northern leaders who looked the other way while their subjects where being trampled upon.

The problem with the north starts with their leaders. They are very selfish.

The Niger delta had the problem of militants, their leaders went into the creeks to placate them, pressuring them to lay down their arms. The south east ones had the dreaded bakassi group that were meting out jungle justice in the south east. The south east leaders were able to cage them. The yoruba odua group ones put it upon themselves to trade blows with hausas in the south west, they have been prevailed upon to live and let live.
why has the Northern leaders not been able to quell the rubbish that is going on in the north.

Now you're talking and actually making sense
We can agree on the fact that there's more to the BH matter that meets the eye? But why do we have the military? Or other security agencies if we can't bring this people to book? We can't compare the situation of MEND or the bakassi boys or even the OPC cos they're more like domestic issues ( get my point??).....BH issue was allowed to fester or get overblown...let's not sugarcoat this issue FG can be held more responsible for this issue than the so called 'northern leaders'....what can they possibly do other than condemn their terrible acts...which they've done but what's changed?
Concerning punishment.....they can only be punishment when there is a crime....my issue is what's wrong with the intelligence arm of the Army? why are they slow on the matter? Is BH more intelligent and sophisticated than the NA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Wanted One Nigeria Before He Change His Mind / Are There Real And Fake Igbos? / EFCC Quizzes Kwara Govt, State Assembly Officials Over Suspicious Payments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.