Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy (25849 Views)

Tension In Ondo APC Over Alleged Plan To Tamper With Primaries Result / Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker / PDP Lambast APC Over Location Of Buhari’s Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by Johnnyessence(m): 8:29am On Apr 20, 2015
Kano State governor and senator elect, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, yesterday cautioned the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) against further delays in the zoning of federal elected offices.

The governor warned his party against making the mistake of PDP in 2011 whose delay in zoning such offices resulted in the obstruction of the zoning arrangement and the crisis that affected the party.

The APC is locked in the process of zoning elective and appointive offices.

The governor who spoke with newsmen in Abuja, said “my advice to my party is that they should quickly do it. Those of us who witnessed what happened in 2011, I don’t believe that that party should waste any more time. Because the implication of delay is that the people in some zones will go round the country mobilising support for themselves and if the zoning decides to come late they will be so strong in their campaign such that they can disobey the party just as we saw during the Tambuwal case in 2011.

“Tambuwal went round, we gave him our words that we will support him and when the zoning came late we had already committed ourselves and the party at the end of the day was humiliated because many of us didn’t want to change our position as we had already promised to support him.

“Things were not the same again in the PDP. I believe that the man who got the ticket got more appreciation from the opposition rather than those in the party who supported him. I don’t want us to repeat that mistake again. I think it is high time we finished the zoning so that anybody can aspire to become whatever is being zoned to his place,” he added.

He underscored the need for fairness in the zoning arrangement, noting that all zones must be represented. “This is one of the mistakes of the PDP where they decided to lump so many good positions in a zone while others had close to nothing. And I think that has gone along way in killing the party. This country belongs to all of us,” he further stated.

On the spate of defections to APC, he said it was usual for many people to leave the party that lost for a party that won, noting however that they should come in to build the party peacefully.

He described the political parties as market, saying there is no requirement for permission to join any party as everyone is free to join a party of his or her choice.

“In politics there are various groups, first class people who can take calculated risks, work hard to chart new way to bring new changes. Others will seat on the fence and see where the trend is and then falling in line and go by the side of success. Others head or tail will remain where they are.

“In fact the middle one are the majority looking round to see where the success is and move into it. I am not surprised many people are joining us now. We are happy”, he added.

, but I think they must do it in such a way that the party will be in peace, to build the party to make it a better platform for the future.”

http://leadership.ng/news/426953/gov-kwankwaso-cautions-apc-over-zoning-policy

2 Likes

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by dexentity: 8:43am On Apr 20, 2015
What he said makes sense. There are true and experienced politicians. And there are emergency or lucky politicians. This guy is the former.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 20, 2015
The majority is always sitting on d fence looking for where success will go to so they can rush there.

True.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by drtwist(m): 8:49am On Apr 20, 2015
On the issue of zoning I think they shld make non contestable to party members(appointment) if not they will definitely regret it.
Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by mrvitalis(m): 9:39am On Apr 20, 2015
APC

2 Likes

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 20, 2015
I know he wouldn't have won because he's not as popular as GMB but IMHO, he is the ideal president Nigeria currently needs.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by henchamb(m): 10:13am On Apr 20, 2015
If APC can listen to views like this esp from those from new pdp. The party will do well

4 Likes

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by idee91: 10:24am On Apr 20, 2015
Kwankwasiya Amana...... This man did a gr8 job in kano

Back to the matter: Buhari govt go sweet 4get zoning 4mula....
Kick out corruption kawai

14 Likes

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by go4value(m): 11:23am On Apr 20, 2015
kwankwaso the man that gave Baba 1.9million votes

GLO IS THE BEST NETWORK....I glo with pride

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 20, 2015
Mobutu Sese Seko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by ignis: 11:33am On Apr 20, 2015
K
Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by makzeze: 11:33am On Apr 20, 2015
HE IS RIGHT. AS THE SAYING GOES: DELAY IS DANGEROUS

2 Likes

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by clubone0501: 11:34am On Apr 20, 2015
To much emphasis on zoning. ..whatever happened to competence. ...

biko...get ur homes up to par...get ur window blinds..wallpaper and wooden laminate flooring installed today

Check my signature for contact.

4 Likes

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by Aspireahead(m): 11:36am On Apr 20, 2015
change
Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 20, 2015
I will respect APC if they can transit without any power tussle or hitch.

The Financiers of his campaign will also want to have a say.

1 Like

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by Mogidi: 11:38am On Apr 20, 2015
Kwankwaso's hatred of Buhari would become obvious in less than two years. Elites in the North are still seething they produced a president who is in the twilight of his life.

Lets hope Buhari lives out his presidency, if the worst was to happen to Buhari, can't see the north accepting a president osinbanjo or president osunbade (as Buhari calls him).

15 Likes

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by LEvuls(m): 11:38am On Apr 20, 2015
we are watching them....they are all the same, power thirty. therefore won't be surprised if I see them running back to PDP or forming something like APD ....people of change.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by hilsocial(m): 11:42am On Apr 20, 2015
Kwankwaso is absolutely right. Anyway , we never regretted having Tanbuwal as Speaker cos he fought for the masses while the red chamber was busy dancing to the executive tone. After zoning, competency first b4 sentiment.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 20, 2015
They are begining to see the hand writing on the wall, the se/ss alliance is the bane of wisdom.
kwankwaso should just quit the pete talks, we all known he is a harden tribalist and part of
the nothern agenda schemers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by Nellypy: 11:49am On Apr 20, 2015
I prefer Kwankwaso to GMB. I suggest senate president should come from the North then speaker frm d South. Hey don't crucify me
Re: Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy by eCollynzo: 11:49am On Apr 20, 2015
He said PDP lumped so many good positions in a zone while others had nothing.
What zone is that?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olu Falae Admits Paying Ransom To Kidnappers / Czech Ambassador Pops Champagne , Storms Kalu’s Home to Celebrate His Election / Governor-elect Of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun Visits Abiola Ajimobi (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.