Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating (32580 Views)

President Buhari Has Difficulty Drinking And Eating - Sahara Reporters / Fayose Thanks Platoon With N100K For Cooking Food For Him In NYSC Camp. PICS / House Of Reps Comittee On Army Visit Communities Where Soldiers Kill Ogonis(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by IOAGEM: 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
Gimme me my alawi forget the bulshit community.
#teamamnesty

Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by GodMode: 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
debbie:
i pity those of us who use every slightest opportunity to insult GEJ.funny enough i am not his supporter,but what i hate is the level of childishness exhibited by youths who are suppose to grow.Well i think this situation should be directed to the state government,world health bodies and any other recognized sanitation organizations out there.this is really unhealthy and poses a risk to human lives.

Truth be told,our level of sanitation in Nigeria is Zero.

You're a f:ool just like GEJ and OBJ that did nothing for their regions while they were presidents...

Do you know the amount of finance and power the president controls

GEJ and OBJ are failures..

1 Like

Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Beamborla(f): 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
coolestboy:

I served in a riverine community called Sangama in Rivers State where the indigenes use dsame river dey mess up as dia drinkin, bathing and cooking means. U need to see how their community leaders squander d huge amount of money allocated to d community by d oil coys. They receive d alert, share d money and spend it all in ph city to d detriment of dia people and community backwardness.
We fought tirelessly b4 they could provide a means of getting a portable water for we d corp members alone. Dt one year was like 50years in hell fire. D amayanabo's (king) and dia chiefs are d writers of dia peoples fate.
Greedy and devilish set of people.
That is it.
Most times, those responsible for our woes are those very close to us and not the people at Abj

1 Like

Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Volksfuhrer(m): 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2015
pickabeau1:

GEJ was both a deputy governor and governor before he became president

Yes, that's true!

But as deputy governor his powers were still limited, his oga was in charge. He became governor eventually albeit for a short period.

Look, I am neither holding brief for GEJ nor absolving him from any blame because he could have done more for Bayelsa; but so could former Governors, Senators, Reps, LG chairmen, etc. Why should the incompetence of all these people be heaped on the president's head, just because he is from Bayelsa!
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2015
omenka:
This is really terrible. Yet these guys insist Jonathan is a victim of a gang up between power brokers in the country. This guy damn failed his own "brothers"! Can someone give me a good reason why he should have been retained??

ONLY 300,000 NAIRA, CAN SOLVE THIS COMMUNITY WATER PROBLEM. less that 31 bags of rice they gave/collected during election
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by kinibigdeal(m): 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
Where are all the money this Northern leaders have been embezzling!!!
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by pickabeau1: 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Yes, that's true!

But as deputy governor his powers were still limited, his oga was in charge. He became governor eventually albeit for a short period.

Look, I am neither holding brief for GEJ nor absolving him from any blame because he could have done more for Bayelsa; but so could former Governors, Senators, Reps, LG chairmen, etc. Why should the incompetence of all these people be heaped on the president's head, just because he is from Bayelsa!

That is a legacy of our quasi-federal system where everything is directed from the centre
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by donanadave(m): 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
i served in Igbomotoro in southern Ijaw, never knew such a place existed in this country, to even get mobile network reception one has to go to the jetti and hope to get a tiny reception....
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by gideon293(m): 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
egift:
Federal and State Government should immediately do something about this. Where is NDDC, Ministry of Niger Delta, the State Government, etc.

The fact that this is in the capital of Bayelsa State, President Jonathan's home front is very insulting. With trillions spent in the last 6yrs and huge allocation to the State, this is a big insult.
guy too build a 1km road in a waterlog area will cost u millions of naira talk more of a riverine area
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Ikengawo: 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2015
nde yoruba do this in lagos too with the lagoon
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Volksfuhrer(m): 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
pickabeau1:

That is a legacy of our quasi-federal system where everything is directed from the centre

What 'quasi-federal' legacy? Spare us the melodrama! So it's the 'quasi-federal system' that precludes the local politicians in Bayelsa from having a good vision for their state. Please, say something else!
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by FEAO1985(m): 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
now this is something that you call an abomination.
Typical of a third world nation.
God save Nigeria
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Bimpe29: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
What happened to the much publicized fresh air?
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Emperoradrian(m): 3:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
Beamborla:
The blame is not on Jonathan alone.
What happened to the local government chairman, senators and councilors from that ward?
All our leaders are a disgrace to this nation.

While on IT, my friend visited some communities in Abj and their condition was more than pathetic.
When I saw a picture of what they drink, I realized I can't even allow such water touch my body.
........nice and intelligent talk.....i've been hearin abt beamborla....dia was a thread on frontpage abt guys being wiser dan gals....and evryone agreed to dat,bt someone made mention of d wise gals on nairaland,dat contribute intelligently,mostly in d politics section...and ur name was included....im thrilled and happy to meet u today.....by d way,u stay in jos,wat a coincidence,i grew up in jos,in farin gada,did my high sch in St murumba college....bt nw i sch in d east,Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka...once again im happy to meet u......*no bashin' guys,pls im sori 4 derailin' d thread...tnx*
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by tonychristopher: 3:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
To be honest, this is why i think that political leadership do make people stuiipid, how can people be waiting for government to build toilets and bathroom for them. This is same thing in Northjj, Same thing in WEST not look at Bayelsa such an oil producing state leaving in poverty

there is always blessing in disguise.

IGBO FOUGHT WAR, THEY ARE HATED AND NO GOVERNMENT TO SUPPORT, SO THEY REALISED THEY NEED TO DO THINGS BY THEMSELVES AND THAT IS WHY U CANT SEE STUFFS LIKE THIS IN EAST

Jonathan was a disgrace
GMB is a hmmmmm what do i use.

I am coming
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Edusouls(m): 3:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
blank monkeys, what do u expect...
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Beamborla(f): 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
Emperoradrian:
........nice and intelligent talk.....i've been hearin abt beamborla....dia was a thread on frontpage abt guys being wiser dan gals....and evryone agreed to dat,bt someone made mention of d wise gals on nairaland,dat contribute intelligently,mostly in d politics section...and ur name was included....im thrilled and happy to meet u today.....by d way,u stay in jos,wat a coincidence,i grew up in jos,in farin gada,did my high sch in St murumba college....bt nw i sch in d east,Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka...once again im happy to meet u......*no bashin' guys,pls im sori 4 derailin' d thread...tnx*
Good Lord! cheesy
Thank you so much.
It's awesome meeting you too. Funny enough, I stay in Farin gada as well. I wish you the best in your studies and I hope to see you around.

Thanks
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by ehixestgratias: 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
maryjames9:
Dont blame Jonathan or anybody. The blame should first go to those people for voting incompetent people into various positions from local government chairmen, councilor and the likes. It is common knowledge that many people will prefer to vote for people because he is their kin or because of political party affiliations rather than competence and achievement from past positions and responsibility. Besides that is not suposed to be the work of Jonathan but the work of the Local Government Chairmen, people in positions of authority whom they call their sons whom they voted for during elections. These are the people who are supposed to provide them with basic amenities.

In other news, some Group of people called Ijaw Leaders are begging Jonathan to grant some International Criminal called James Ibori Presidential pardon so he can come home and receive a presidential welcome. Can you imagine that? When i see things like this, i do not blame the leaders because we deserve the leaders that we voted in power. Also, some region in Nigeria wont stop to blame the Federal Government for not doing enough to develop their land but had refused to challenge their Governors and task them on their responsibility to develop their states. You see these people will always blame other people for their underdevelopment rather than blame their Governors.

[b][/b]Besides, i think you should edit this your title. It is rather too harsh

I dnt think anytin is harsh abt d title, when I saw it I know exactly whr d place would be, Oporoma is jst as d op posted. I did my ppa in dat community nd dat same sch. To d fact dat d community is a host to one of the big oil companies. Dey deserve better even if its jst a pipe borne water.
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by jahbiz: 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
robay:

Broz!!!! U don't vote for buhari,stop lying haba
cheesycheesycheesy

like una sabi me.
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by kayalla(f): 3:55pm On Apr 20, 2015
na God de protect person. some people go drink eva water still get sick
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by robay(m): 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2015
jahbiz:
cheesycheesycheesy

like una sabi me.

I sabi u wella cheesy cheesy ,abi knw be u bro onyeka ? grin
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by maik: 4:35pm On Apr 20, 2015
This is common in most communities in Bayelsa. There body system is used to it.

Someone from outside Bayelsa cannot try this.
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by pickabeau1: 5:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

What 'quasi-federal' legacy? Spare us the melodrama! So it's the 'quasi-federal system' that precludes the local politicians in Bayelsa from having a good vision for their state. Please, say something else!

Listen dude and speak with understanding

That statement was to explain why people focus on the centre and ignore the govs, LEGISltators and LG officials

It does not justify their lack of concern for the people
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
pickabeau1:

Listen dude and speak with understanding

That statement was to explain why people focus on the centre and ignore the govs, LEGISltators and LG officials

It does not justify their lack of concern for the people

Please forgive my impertinence. I see your point now!

My sincere apologies.
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by pickabeau1: 5:51pm On Apr 20, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Please forgive my impertinence. I see your point now!

My sincere apologies.

don't know if u r being sarcastic or not.. but cool bro
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
pickabeau1:

don't know if u r being sarcastic or not.. but cool bro

I was unnecessarily harsh. But you kept your cool. That speaks volume about your essence.

I was not only impressed, but I 'm now also a fan of pickabeau1
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Qmab: 8:56am On Apr 21, 2015
PassingShot:
Jonathan failed woefully and this is another evidence.

But OP, you're too harsh with your title. Please edit it and hope it gets to the front page.
please i wan do amebo. I got here late so, i think I missed the previous title. Could you please tell me what it was and why you think it was too harsh?
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by PassingShot(m): 9:02am On Apr 21, 2015
Qmab:
please i wan do amebo. I got here late so, i think I missed the previous title. Could you please tell me what it was and why you think it was too harsh?

grin grin grin

The OP used some unprintable adjectives to describe GEJ. The adjectives are beyond the common ones as daft, dunce, clueless etc.
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Qmab: 9:16am On Apr 21, 2015
PassingShot:

grin grin grin

The OP used some unprintable adjectives to describe GEJ. The adjectives are beyond the common ones as daft, dunce, clueless etc.
Oh! Now I see why you guys were yabbing the OP about it.
Thanks for telling me.
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by akigbemaru: 11:12am On Apr 21, 2015
communities where river is used for toilet and drinking
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by Emperoradrian(m): 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2015
Beamborla:

Good Lord! cheesy
Thank you so much.
It's awesome meeting you too. Funny enough, I stay in Farin gada as well. I wish you the best in your studies and I hope to see you around.

Thanks
......hehe dat's nice....i wud av snt u a pm,bt im havin' issues wit my mail....pls dis is my number 08134293738,my name is Adrian...u can add me on whatsapp or call,if it pleases u,i luv meetin intelligent ppl,guys and gals alike....i met one last yr here on NL,his name is Chimezie,a smart doc....once again tnk u.
Re: Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating by slimfit1(m): 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
Op, why put all the blame on the doorstep of the president?

What have the state governors been doing for the past 16 years? What have these people been doing with '13% derivation' accruing to the state all these years?

The question the op should also ask is why the people themselves have continued to vote for underdeveloped infrastructure? The Niger Delta people need to start asking a lot of questions about their leaders.

The president cannot just be blamed for everything because he is from Bayelsa!

But if Jonathan cares about his people the way his people cared for him to carry on with his failures he would have asked the chairmen , councillors and governors why these is still happening. The man never cared a single bit. The question is did have any sense of leadership qualities NO. However, his main concern are with people with private jet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Agric Minister Deletes Tweets Attacking Buhari / Soyinka Receives Remi Sonaiya, Female Presidential Candidate, In Lagos - Photo / Tinubu Unhappy With Buhari’s Nominees - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.