Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Is It Okay To Date Your Neighbour - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay To Date Your Neighbour (727 Views)

Is It Okay To Stop A Girl On The Street? / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Can You Allow Your Promiscuous Friend Date Your Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay To Date Your Neighbour by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 20, 2015
My neighbours younger sister has come to stay with her brother who happens to be my neighbour. The girl is okay, Am yourba, they are igbos, the girl is a good chirstian with virtues every man wld appreciate. She sometimes comes to attend cell fellowship at my place.
Whenever we talk there is the strange feeling of attraction. i dont know if she is seeing someone or single, and me want to settle down quickly dont know if its a good idea to ask her out. The whole thing just seems wierd, dont knw how her brother and her inlaws will take it.
Even my folks and siblings dont know hw they will react. My sister talks to her sometimes. Am not a tribalist oh, but i hear alot abt igbos and hw they like to marry themselves, just want to get it right, cos na big mess up if i move and the whole thing flops. what do u guys think?
Re: Is It Okay To Date Your Neighbour by RoyalRoy(m): 10:32am On Apr 20, 2015
A capital NO !!!!!

You can't date her not because she is Igbo, not because you are yoruba, not because her brother is your neighbour, not because you think "they like to marry themselves", not because your dont know how your folks will react but because...you don't really know what you want for now!!!

Truth be told, if you like her so much and have started thinking of marriage before even asking her out (which is a talk for another day), you would not come here to ask for our opinions.

If you truly want her, and your heart is genuinely yearning for her, you will swim the seven seas and cross the 7 oceans to get what your heart desires!!!!

Man Up!!!!

Stop living a life of " what will people say" or think!!!!

Go for what you want and face the challenges, its what it is.....nobody wins in the game of love without sacrifices.

Wish you well in your quest!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Okay To Date Your Neighbour by FLAWLES(f): 10:42am On Apr 20, 2015
NO
Re: Is It Okay To Date Your Neighbour by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 20, 2015
RoyalRoy:
A capital NO !!!!!

You can't date her not because she is Igbo, not because you are yoruba, not because her brother is your neighbour, not because you think "they like to marry themselves", not because your dont know how your folks will react but because...you don't really know what you want for now!!!

Truth be told, if you like her so much and have started thinking of marriage before even asking her out (which is a talk for another day), you would not come here to ask for our opinions.

If you truly want her, and your heart is genuinely yearning for her, you will swim the seven seas and cross the 7 oceans to get what your heart desires!!!!

Man Up!!!!

Go for what you want and face the challenges, its what it is.....nobody wins in the game of love without sacrifices.

I agree with you, however opinions of others matter alot particularly those of ur folks ad relative matter.
Re: Is It Okay To Date Your Neighbour by ronald4lif(m): 10:51am On Apr 20, 2015
RoyalRoy:
A capital NO !!!!!

Man Up!!!!

Wow! You killed it. Respect!

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Date Your Neighbour by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 20, 2015
Shey when Popsy and Mumsy got married, him go bush go bring her?
Re: Is It Okay To Date Your Neighbour by pTomz(m): 11:11am On Apr 20, 2015
RoyalRoy:
A capital NO !!!!!

Man Up!!!!

That was WITTY smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Date Your Neighbour by MRBrownJ: 11:34am On Apr 20, 2015
keyman0007:
My neighbours younger sister has come to stay with her brother who happens to be my neighbour. The girl is okay, Am yourba, they are igbos, the girl is a good chirstian with virtues every man wld appreciate. She sometimes comes to attend cell fellowship at my place.
Whenever we talk there is the strange feeling of attraction. i dont know if she is seeing someone or single, and me want to settle down quickly dont know if its a good idea to ask her out. The whole thing just seems wierd, dont knw how her brother and her inlaws will take it.
Even my folks and siblings dont know hw they will react. My sister talks to her sometimes. Am not a tribalist oh, but i hear alot abt igbos and hw they like to marry themselves, just want to get it right, cos na big mess up if i move and the whole thing flops. what do u guys think?

i suggest you first make a decision as to WHAT YOU WANT, and then when you are certain of it, follow it through. there are too many IFs, BUTs and MAYBEs here, while life is a bit more simple: you want something, you go and get it. so what the hell do you want?
Re: Is It Okay To Date Your Neighbour by jeweljoan(f): 11:37am On Apr 20, 2015
Royalroy...u spoke my mind
Op,your excuses are so shallow.
If u really know what you want in a woman and you've seen them in the lady,why bother about how people will react??.
You still have a long way to go in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Date Your Neighbour by ivyy(f): 11:46am On Apr 20, 2015
Yeah ofcourse you can undecided
Walk up to her and talk to her. How can you know if you keep making assumptions

(1) (Reply)

My 20th Birthday Gift To The World. / Question Of The Day / Am Obsessed With Clean Toes And Nails.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.