Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With (2501 Views)

Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Things You Must Not Do For The Man You Are Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by nekaa(f): 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
Women all around the world agree that being in a relationship can bring a lot of delight and excitement into your life. There are many fish in the sea and the options are endless. For those ladies already in a relationship, you may wonder every once in a while whether you made the right choice by being with your significant other. What if there were some things you’ve neglected to consider? Is it time to rethink your options?To put your mind at ease, here are a few signs that you are in fact dating a great guy who you should never think of breaking up with.
1. He loves you for your dorky, awkward self

Not all girls can have as much confidence and grace as Marilyn Monroe. You may have an awkward laugh, or a weird way of walking. Maybe you stutter, tell bad jokes and drool in your sleep. Maybe you aren’t very comfortable around his friends and family, but at the end of every day he still finds you adorable. It’s the best feeling knowing that you don’t have to pretend you’re someone you’re not.
2. He doesn’t run for the hills during your period

Some situations can’t be fixed by anyone, not even by your number one man. Let’s use your time of the month as an example. He doesn’t know what it’s like, and a large percentage of women suffer mood swings and hormonal fluctuations that can be terrifying and confusing. He can’t be expected to know exactly what to say, however he will sit you down, wrap a blanket around you and give you a massage. What more could you ask for?
3. He’s more real than men from the movies

If he has ever tried surprising you with a song or other romantic gesture, more often than not it has ended up more embarrassing than romantic. However the gestures are flattering and prove to be topics of conversation for the rest of your relationship. Let’s face it, perfect guys don’t exist, so the fact that this imperfect guy can make you happy is an indicator that you’re probably with the right guy.
4. He never lets you go to bed angry or upset

All couples fight – it’s a given. Every relationship has its low points and its high points. In whatever case, it is great to have a man who makes sure you two don’t dwell on unnecessary arguments. There is nothing worse than waking up in the morning knowing that you had that fight last night and are supposed to be avoiding each other and exchanging glares the next morning. If he takes the extra effort to make sure you don’t fall asleep without making up, then you know he’s a keeper.
5. He isn’t too scared of your dad’s shotgun

Many men cringe at the thought of meeting your parents, especially if they’re the scary type. When your significant other is actually enthusiastic about meeting your folks and incorporating himself into your family, then this is a sign that you’ve picked a good one. A good boyfriend will never try to isolate you from your family, so be sure you look out for this.
6. He is the only person you need to have a good time

Whether you’re watching a movie, eating dinner, playing video games or just spending the whole day in bed talking about everything, he is the only person you need to have a memorable moment. Spending time with other people is great, but sometimes there’s nothing you love more than being able to spend some quality time alone with him. Your lives together will never be dull.
7. He doesn’t burn toast

Enough said. Maybe all he knows how to do is flip a pancake or not burn an omelet – on the other hand he might be a better cook than you. Either way, there is nothing more attractive than a guy who knows his way around the kitchen. While you still need to spend a few hours laboring in the kitchen, it’s good to know that he’s willing to put in as much effort as you.
8. He doesn’t doubt you, and doesn’t give you any reason to doubt him

Trust is the most important part of a functional relationship, and it is vital that both of you are putting in an equal amount of effort. If you can go out late on a Friday night without him hounding you with questions the morning after about where you were, what you did and who you were with, then you know you’ve established a good trust relationship. At the same time, he doesn’t give you any reason to question who he texts and why he hasn’t called when he said he would. Whatever excuse or apology he gives you is legitimate. This is a man you should keep around for as long as possible.
9. He has creative ways to let you know he loves you

It’s extremely easy to say those three little words – and after a long relationship it becomes something you say almost automatically, even if you don’t mean it. At this stage, if your boyfriend is finding more creative ways to let you know he cares, then this is the sign of a keeper. Maybe he’s started leaving cute notes for you to find when you wake up in the morning. Maybe he’s started singing to you. Maybe he’s taking you on picnics. Whatever he does, it should mean the world to you.

10. He doesn’t have multiple personalities

He doesn’t have to act ‘cool’ in front of his friends or your friends. He doesn’t pretend to be anything to impress your parents. He doesn’t have to act any differently around you to make you like him better. He’s the same person all the time—honest and consistent. You never have to worry whether he’ll act weird around particular people, and you know that the man your fell in love with such a long time ago will still be the same man in fifty years. This is a sign that you should never ever let him go.
Source: One random site .com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by aziza222(f): 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
these things work only in books... wat works for Mr. A may not work for Mr. B undecided

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by SuperSuave(m): 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
Hmmm
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2015
These dumb lists again undecided
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by vizkiz: 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
I did all these shiit for yetunde, and yet she dumped my. Sorry ass! angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by Tallesty1(m): 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
No source
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by MizMyColi(f): 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
angry

What is dumb here?
goofyone:
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by Missmossy(f): 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
Not all of these are feasible, makes sense though cool

5 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2015
MizMyColi:
angry

What is dumb here?
Lists don't define people. And no one should base their judgments on a list that undoubtedly is composed by a biased author (every author is biased). You can't give me a list of 10 and tell me those are signs and so "i should never break up with whoever". Just isn't tenable. Let people make their own choices based on their specific situations.
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by pomide(m): 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
These 'Lists' are starting to get outta Hand..
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by FLAWLES(f): 3:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
Great write Up
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by MizMyColi(f): 3:07pm On Apr 20, 2015
goofyone:

Lists don't define people. And no one should base their judgments on a list that undoubtedly is composed by a biased author (every author is biased). You can't give me a list of 10 and tell me those are signs and so "i should never break up with whoever". Just isn't tenable. Let people make their own choices based on their specific situations.

Well, wouldn't hurt to show some respect and attach finesse to our bluntness while critiquing stuff like this.
That it fails to resonate with us doesn't make it an absolute for everyone else.
If for example, all she said there applies to me (though, I think it's mostly la-la land philosophy), why would I ever wanna break up with the guy?Lols

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by nekaa(f): 3:07pm On Apr 20, 2015
Tallesty1:
No source
See it there na... One random site .com
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by robosky02(m): 3:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
FLAWLES:
Great write Up

always flawless in speech
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by iphanyiuma(m): 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
Op thank you...you just described me
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by FLAWLES(f): 3:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
robosky02:

always flawless in speech
.she can b troublesome sha. cheesy
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by LewisO: 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2015
goofyone:
Ain't u man? What's dumb with the post? Why can't u just move along?

I don't know why people find it so easy and sweet to call anything "Dumb" nowadays?

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by agzoo(m): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
aziza222:
these things work only in books... wat works for Mr. A may not work for Mr. B undecided
Werey grin
aziza222:
Werey
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by robosky02(m): 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
FLAWLES:
.she can b troublesome sha. cheesy

talk true...........

ok till then.
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by smsshola(m): 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
aziza222:

Baby ori e wa be..Pls don't try to be what u ar not there is no two relationship that are d same most of this writer only base it on their personal experience.. My candid advice to all is DEFINE ur relationship: state wat u want,hw u want it to look like.
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by aziza222(f): 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2015
smsshola post=
Baby ori e wa be..Pls don't try to be what u ar not there is no two relationship that are d same most of this writer only base it on their personal experience.. My candid advice to all is DEFINE ur relationship: state wat u want,hw u want it to look like

Baby ori e wa be undecided hope its a compliment oh cheesy
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by justmag(m): 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
aziza222:

Smart girl.
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by aziza222(f): 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2015
agzoo post= Werey grin

angry angry wat i do?
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by nekaa(f): 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
aziza222:
smsshola post=

Baby ori e wa be undecided hope its a compliment oh cheesy
Means your head is there.... lol
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by prettyjo(f): 4:03pm On Apr 20, 2015
av got one
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by aziza222(f): 4:03pm On Apr 20, 2015
justmag post= Smart girl

U CAN SAY THAT AGAIN MY "G" grin grin grin
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
Nice write up tho but guys of nowadays lipsrsealed
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by aziza222(f): 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2015
nekaa post=Means your head is there.... lol

i thought as much. heheheheeh cheesy
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by Kedam(m): 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2015
FLAWLES:
Great write Up
Flawles ! You must have fallen from the sky to be flawless. Are u an alien or an angel?
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by mrpackager(m): 4:19pm On Apr 20, 2015
[size=8pt][/size]WETING WE NO GO SEE FOR NL[email][/email]
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by mrpackager(m): 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
k
Re: 10 Signs You Are Dating A Great Guy Who You Should Never Break Up With by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
LewisO:

Ain't u man? What's dumb with the post? Why can't u just move along?

I don't know why people find it so easy and sweet to call anything "Dumb" nowadays?
Well, it's dumb because it's dumb. And you ain't gonna stop me from expressing my opinion. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Ladies Look At Me piercingly? / Have You Ever Cried For Love Before / Ojo Wo Lo Ma Waye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.