Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,264 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! (56708 Views)

Hajiya Talatu Starts Trekking From Kaduna-abuja To Celebrate Buhari (photo) / Hamisu Abubakar, The Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In FCT / Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Receives Royal Welcome In Minna (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by RobinHez(m): 11:28am On Apr 21, 2015
The guy leg go don swell like Yam grin grin

If he actually trekked undecided
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 21, 2015
virus05:
lol..u be scrap

Good morning...and may God bless you richly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramarathon
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by vislabraye(m): 11:30am On Apr 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:
These bastards have come again with their jealousy. Vex and trek too. Fool, can you walk from one LGA to another? This guy will receive an award and if you don't like that, there are 1000000000 ways to commit suicide.

Haba, it should not lead to insults nau. He gave his reasons for his doubts, you too give your reasons why you think its possible.
Btw, i think its possible depending on his fitness level and the route he followed. He probably could have used a map and pass through the best path.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Pavore9: 11:31am On Apr 21, 2015
shyna01:
see what gej has caused, all our youths want to study someone's trek from lag to abuja.... chai
buhari pls do quick and gives us new jobs oh.
@ op there are many routes he could take and Kenyans are probably ashamed he took so Long.
my 100cents

You are so right, Kenyans can walk for Africa! cheesy
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by adanny01(m): 11:32am On Apr 21, 2015
I dont think he followed the route shown on the map by OP. He passed through Suleja so he definitely didnt pass through Lokoja but came through Minna and probably Kwara.

The most probable route is Lagos - Ibadan - Ogbomosho - Ilorin - Jebba - Mokwa - Bida - Madalla - Abuja which is 737km by car at 75km/hr average.

Assuming a human walks 5km/hr, it will take 147.4 hours. Of course a human cant walk all that hours without stopping or resting. Assuming he rested at night and walked 6am to 6pm which is 12 hours, he will take at least 12.3 days to get to Abuja. I heard he spent 2 days in Suleja due to blisters on his feet. A friend told me he personally saw him approaching Suleja on Saturday. So he probably traveled about 15days including the two days he rested in Suleja minus calculative errors due to his walking speed, route start/stop times and days he may have rested in other places.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Heineken(m): 11:32am On Apr 21, 2015
bigass:
The Average human walking speed is 5KM per Hr so 432 hrs will cover 2160 Kms
bigass ur ass no just big for nothing. You sef know maths. Nice one...
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by uzolexis(f): 11:32am On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:

The trend says 'lets analyze' not 'criticize' there's a difference. I didn't come here to criticize the young man or to doubt his claim. Pls take note.

I'm confused too. There was a time he was reported 2 be in Niger state. My question is,what r u doing in Niger state if u r enroute Lag-Abj
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by kenobi007(m): 11:33am On Apr 21, 2015
Mogidi:

grin grin grin grin

How could anyone walk non stop 24/7, stop pretending to be stupid.
Guy u go school?? Its not possible for sm1 to walk non stop dats why dis guy used 20days instead of the supposed approximately 5days.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by eminikansoso(m): 11:33am On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:
[b]On an ideal situation (Road Conditions, Diversions, Weather Conditions, Traffic, etc. affect driving distance), a driving journey from Lagos to Abuja by road (Lagos --> Abuja) is approximately 587 Minutes - 9 hour(s) 47 minutes(s). That means it would take a car in good working condition just approximately 10 hours from Lagos to Abuja by the route on the Map below.

Having said that, what time would it take an average person to walk the same distance? How many hours would he have to walk each day? And in how many days would he complete his journey?

Let's assume Buhari was officially declared winner of the election on the 30th of March 2015 and our trekking guy started his journey on the 2nd of April 2015....!!! If by 20th of April 2015 Hamisu Abubakar arrived the FCT on foot, it is also confortable to conclude that it took him 18days to walk from Lagos to Abuja on foot. 24 Hours in a day by 18days would be 432 Hours.... How many hours did he walk each day to complete his task in 18 days considering the fact that from Lagos to Abuja is approximately 736.6km? Still loading.........

. [/b]
Well Mr OP
the trekking guy didn't follow your map route but follow ibadan - Ilorin - bida- lapaí - Abuja route.
If you follow Google map, you are making a mistake. If you have said from Lagos - ore - ondo - Akure - owo - okene - lokoja - Abuja.
But what the drivers normally follow is
Lagos -ibadan - ilesa - akure - owoh -okene -lokoja -Abuja.
A normal person can trek up to 36 km per day which is about 18.6miles per day
I believe the guy he can make it

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Alal(m): 11:34am On Apr 21, 2015
Why are we so found of criticizing good thing? This guy has done a spectacular thing, pls do yours.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by danielayodele16(m): 11:35am On Apr 21, 2015
Mogidi:

grin grin grin grin

How could anyone walk non stop 24/7, stop pretending to be stupid.
we shall see, I don dey Waka from Lagos for about 2days now, I just got to Benin, I will soon get to Abuja. Make ena wait for me oooo. I dey come. Buhari please take Note!!! If I Waka this Waka finish and u no make me Transportation minister, I go Waka go back to lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 21, 2015
freshcvv:
What is difficult here to believe?

Is it that it can't be done or that he didn't do it?

How did the Israelite trek from Egypt to Cannan which was suppose to be just 40 days with bad road network?
How many years did it take the Israelite?
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by ojialo(m): 11:37am On Apr 21, 2015
In 1998 a man traveled from Kano to Lagos on his bicycle in search of his lost son and it took him 3weeks+ to get to Lagos it was aired on NTA by late Tokunbo Ajayi I still wonder how this guy made it in just 2weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 21, 2015
Crocz:
Except you develop a complex mathematical model for it, I don't see how you can know for certain if it's possible to walk or if he did walk from Lagos to Abj in that time....cos there are some many factors to consider:
* did he follow conventional car route?
* how many mins/hours did he take to rest, eat and/ sleep, chat?
* at what pace was he walking
* did he maintain the same pace all through the journey?...he could jug a while

Now assuming he lag in one or more of the above which still doesn't account for all the factors or parameters in this context, then we can take the lag as "U"...and give a linear model as:

¥ = a + bC + b2R + b3P + .... + U

Where ¥ = number of hours it took him
a = constant
b = coefficients
U = error term/lag
In theory, it means the number of hours it took him to walk the journey depends on the distance C, rest hours R, walking pace P and other factors.

The statisticians and mathematicians can take it from here *sigh*
Hian!!!

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by tuncy(m): 11:41am On Apr 21, 2015
idupaul:
I noticed there is no pic or documentation of him trekking through the south west . Documentation commenced just in Niger State and strangely it took him a lot more time to move from Niger to Abj than it took him to get from Lagos to Niger .I know its possible to trek that far but the lack of proper documentation leaves me feeling some type of way bout this

Ok, you didn't follow the media well, on lindaikeji blog I saw a pix of him on lagos-ibadan express way... It only became very obvious and pronounced wen he got to niger state.... News men got attracted and others...

2 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by dustydee: 11:41am On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:
Ok here's the map of the Guy's actual movement according to him
He didn't pass through Minna.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by olapluto(m): 11:41am On Apr 21, 2015
Very very possible. My only worry is that there are stretches of road where he will have to walk at least 2 days before he gets to the next town.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by obiZEAL(m): 11:42am On Apr 21, 2015
barcanista:
Na una wey de believe the story na. Very Soon they will say Buhari walked on the sea. APC ehn...
Ur just a bitter fellow
And this bitterness in u will kill u slowly
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 21, 2015
olapluto:
Very very possible. My only worry is that there are stretches of road where he will have to walk at least 2 days before he gets to the next town.

Lion no chop am, baboon no rape am hyena no bite his blokos.. na lie grin grin grin grin
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Malawian(m): 11:43am On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:
[b]On an ideal situation (Road Conditions, Diversions, Weather Conditions, Traffic, etc. affect driving distance), a driving journey from Lagos to Abuja by road (Lagos --> Abuja) is approximately 587 Minutes - 9 hour(s) 47 minutes(s). That means it would take a car in good working condition just approximately 10 hours from Lagos to Abuja by the route on the Map below.

Having said that, what time would it take an average person to walk the same distance? How many hours would he have to walk each day? And in how many days would he complete his journey?

Let's assume Buhari was officially declared winner of the election on the 30th of March 2015 and our trekking guy started his journey on the 2nd of April 2015....!!! If by 20th of April 2015 Hamisu Abubakar arrived the FCT on foot, it is also confortable to conclude that it took him 18days to walk from Lagos to Abuja on foot. 24 Hours in a day by 18days would be 432 Hours.... How many hours did he walk each day to complete his task in 18 days considering the fact that from Lagos to Abuja is approximately 736.6km? Still loading.........

. [/b]
cheesy cheesy cheesy
how many days will it even take to go from one end of lagos to the other on foot especially when you factor the hot sun and stuff. just from badagry to mile 2 will most certainly take you two whole days.

that con man just dey mugu us dey go since.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by noordean(m): 11:44am On Apr 21, 2015
barcanista:
Na una wey de believe the story na. Very Soon they will say Buhari walked on the sea. APC ehn...
Bros,i see no sense in ur post.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by 9jatatafo(m): 11:49am On Apr 21, 2015
It is very possible the guy trekked from Lagos to Abuja because human have speed and strength to do it, just that this generation is lazy, before the advent of cars, aeroplanes and stuff like that, human travelled by trekking and they covered distances. The 20 days it took the guy is even too much.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by peddy007: 11:49am On Apr 21, 2015
emmatok:

Nomads from the north do this all the time, its noting new.
Nomads don't use the commercial transit route.
The guy might come from a NOMADIC family.

Looking at the guy,he looks physically fit and athletic.... don't know why people are just hating unnecessarily but if it's was white man, he would be hailed by the so called jobless youths hating on this guy.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 21, 2015
Maple:

It hurts you to see your fellow country man accomplished so much, abi?
I am sure if it was some white guy that is being portrayed to have accomplished such task, you'll swallow it hook and sinker. what a jealous person you are.

Why not use ur brain to calculate how long it will take
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Skoopy(m): 11:50am On Apr 21, 2015
Crocz:
Except you develop a complex mathematical model for it, I don't see how you can know for certain if it's possible to walk or if he did walk from Lagos to Abj in that time....cos there are some many factors to consider:
* did he follow conventional car route?
* how many mins/hours did he take to rest, eat and/ sleep, chat?
* at what pace was he walking
* did he maintain the same pace all through the journey?...he could jug a while

Now assuming he lag in one or more of the above which still doesn't account for all the factors or parameters in this context, then we can take the lag as "U"...and give a linear model as:

¥ = a + bC + b2R + b3P + .... + U

Where ¥ = number of hours it took him
a = constant
b = coefficients
U = error term/lag
In theory, it means the number of hours it took him to walk the journey depends on the distance C, rest hours R, walking pace P and other factors.

The statisticians and mathematicians can take it from here *sigh*

You sure know your onions.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by deadie(m): 11:50am On Apr 21, 2015
Why the doubt? From the post, it took him 18 days to travel 736.6 km. This means that he travels 736.6/18, or approximately 41 kilometers daily. A marathon is 42 km. I am not the most athletic guy in the world, but I ran it in 4 hrs. The Kenya guy who won the marathon that I ran did so under 2 hrs 10 mins. The female won under 2 hrs 30 mins. So, why do you guys have to doubt that a fit young man covered the same distance every 24 hrs? It is because you lazy bunch sit and home and chat on your BBM 24 hrs daily that you consider the task impossible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by lilken1: 11:52am On Apr 21, 2015
dir is suppose to be prove DAT he really did it.we ar not use to things like dis so wen stories lik dis comes coms we hav d ryt to doubt them.I don't know y son pole jus talk anyhow
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by 989900: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2015
deadie:
Why the doubt? From the post, it took him 18 days to travel 736.6 km. This means that he travels 736.6/18, or approximately 41 kilometers daily. A marathon is 42 km. I am not the most athletic guy in the world, but I ran it in 4 hrs. The Kenya guy who won the marathon that I ran did so under 2 hrs 10 mins. The female won under 2 hrs 30 mins. So, why do you guys have to doubt that a fit young man covered the same distance every 24 hrs? It is because you lazy bunch sit and home and chat on your BBM 24 hrs daily that you consider the task impossible.

Thank you!

A lazy generation we have to live with. sad

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by san316(m): 11:56am On Apr 21, 2015
He follow short cut.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:
These bastards have come again with their jealousy. Vex and trek too. Fool, can you walk from one LGA to another? This guy will receive an award and if you don't like that, there are 1000000000 ways to commit suicide.
Calm down dude, he made an observation. An interesting and concrete one. Why call him names?
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by noordean(m): 11:58am On Apr 21, 2015
temitemi1:
It is only a mad man that will trek from lagos to abuja grin cheesy
so d robot is still on NL?
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Ese144: 11:59am On Apr 21, 2015
The guy is a fraud,there is no way he would have done that journey in 18'days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Charly Boy Reacts As Supreme Court Sacks Ihedioha, Says "Imo State Is Gone" / Sowore Celebrating Buhari’s Victory In 2015. Reno Omokri Shares Throwback Video / Olusegun Obasanjo Begins Work At NOUN As Students Facilitator (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.