Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! (56682 Views)

Hajiya Talatu Starts Trekking From Kaduna-abuja To Celebrate Buhari (photo) / Hamisu Abubakar, The Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In FCT / Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Receives Royal Welcome In Minna (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
chatupkay:
Here's the arithemetic:

Average Speed for Human: 5KM per Hour
Maximum number of Hours trekked per day: 12 Hours
Total Distance Lagos to Abuja: 736KM (approx)

Distance covered in a day: 5*12 == 60KM
Numbers of days needed to cover to 736KM: 736KM/60KM === 12.26 days.

So if he spent 18 days to get to abuja, then it's justified considering the stopovers and he might have walked at a lower speed

Conclusion
He actually trekked dat distance..... A round of applause for dis guy!!!!
Congrat to Hamisu.

1. What i have always wondered is that his cloth did not fade, when you that into consideration of the amount of sun rays hitting him daily for the said 21days (Ask any road construction workers/labourers within 3days of straight 5hours under the sun, your cloth would fade and lose texture
2. Why didn't He or his sponsors not call Guinness book of record to follow/capture all the event from the day he started to the day he arrived. they would gladly have sponsored him with ambulance and various equipments needed free of charge.
3. He trekked with out any proper kit: clothes(He wore the same cloth) is his cloth the proper kit for trekking? Even the nomadic herdsmen don't
wear those tight cloths to trek.
Until someone does things with logical believable facts/evidence, the world would be laughing at us(our stupidity, deceit and ignorance)
When are we going to get things right (precise and accurately with believable logical evidence)
#Nigeria_My_Country
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by annibro(f): 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
stagger:

Can you tell us the state of the Bida-Mokwa-Jebba road?

The road is horrible. I think someone some months back opened a thread on d sorry state of mokwa - Jebba -ilorin road wit images. U can check past topics.
2 me I tink d road is d worst I ve seen so far in Africa 4 now. Even a person on foot (jogging or fast walking) can be faster dan a car in some areas esp from Bida - mokwa - jeba.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Oceemo(m): 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
Deiok:
Anyone who still doesnt believe the guy really trekked it, should go and try it to prove if it is true or not.
when I don't believe it y should I try it y do u talk like a fool. U instead should help us d doubting thomas
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Akorede1114(m): 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2015
he shd be appointed as walking minister
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by jhidey08(m): 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
Y
Curvinus:
Seeing as you lot are hell on outdoing the other in this quest to prove that tooth ferries never existed despite there being not much evidence, I hereby move the motion that a high powered committee be constituded to probe if this lunatic in the making actually trekked from the land of lagoons to the centre of oyel unity.

And for your information, I do not require any voice votes whatsoever to ratify this motion as I have already banged the gavel and I'm sure you all heard it loud and clear.

And in case you already swallowed this jaundiced nonsense about a man telepotting from Montevideo to Alabama and you still want to disagree with my motion, please feel free to bang your head hard on the wall.

@Lalasticala, please ignore the nay sayers as feeding these lost sheeps with too much grissles has robbed them of the ability to be critical thinkers. This happened once in my village and steps have been taken to ensure it never happens again.

And to those who can't see this is a light hearted joke, please let me know you're interested in heading this juicy committee.
Bros, abeg leave grammar and pass ur message across effectively.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
dptrix:

1. What i have always wondered is that his cloth did not fade, when you that into consideration of the amount of sun rays hitting him daily for the said 21days (Ask any road construction workers/labourers within 3days of straight 5hours under the sun, your cloth would fade and lose texture

Many of today's sweatshirts don't fade like that. You talk as if he wore ''London wax''! grin

2. Why didn't He or his sponsors not call Guinness book of record to follow/capture all the event from the day he started to the day he arrived. they would gladly have sponsored him with ambulance and various equipments needed free of charge.

People have walked and run much longer distances. What he has done is not unusual.

Here is a good example:http://edition.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/diet.fitness/02/01/weightloss.phill.novak/index.html?eref=time_health

And the good folks at Guiness did not call him at all!

3. He trekked with out any proper kit: clothes(He wore the same cloth) is his cloth the proper kit for trekking? Even the nomadic herdsmen don't
wear those tight cloths to trek.
Until someone does things with logical believable facts/evidence, the world would be laughing at us(our stupidity, deceit and ignorance)
When are we going to get things right (precise and accurately with believable logical evidence)
#Nigeria_My_Country

grin

I walk regularly myself. I have some good Adidas T-shirts...and some regular shirts which I wear when I walk. The regular shirts are not good for exercise...but hey...who's watching?

And he is not a cattle herder BTW.

One of my shirts is a ''tight'' body-hugging sport T shirt. Does not cause me much discomfort.

The man walked 745 kms. If you don't like him because he is a Buhari supporter...then I can't help you.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
This is why we are backward! Jealousy! Common trekking people wan use jealousy kill the guy! Person hill una leg? People have being following him all through. People have reported of sighting him at different places. Please let the guy enjoy his moment!

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
annibro:

D route he took is shorter. From minna to Lagos via Bida-Mokwa- Jebba- Kwara axis to Lagos is approx 6hrs by road.
Yes I plied dat route severally as a corper. On a particular occasion, my taxi left kpakungu (minna) by 7.15am & by 2.30pm, I was by Redeeem camp. Mind u, we stopped over Jebba 2 eat, bot fuel, little hold up at ibadan-Lag xpress rd etc.

It is very possible my bros
D Lagoon is still open 4 Haters!

3. He didnt burn calories, that is he was still built the way he was, google those that have trekked and see their befrore the trek and after trekking pictures, you would know that he would not be the same statue no matter what he is feeding on....
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:
These bastards have come again with their jealousy. Vex and trek too. Fool, can you walk from one LGA to another? This guy will receive an award and if you don't like that, there are 1000000000 ways to commit suicide.
why are you shouting on top of your voice, you must be a foool, its people like you that accepts any trash that comes their way without subjecting it to further analysis and questioning. this particular comment shows that your generation don't think. you couldn't even engage him in a reasonable argument and you are here spewing trash. foooool

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Justicealh3(m): 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
Pls Mr. BUHARI keep ur words of promise to nigeria as this man did.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
[quote author=bushdoc9919 post=32953655][/quote]
3. He didnt burn calories, that is he was still built the way he was, google those that have trekked and see their befrore the trek and after trekking pictures, you would know that he would not be the same statue no matter what he is feeding on....

#Nigeria_My_Country
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by freshcvv(m): 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
barcanista:
How many years did it take the Israelite?

It was suppose to be a 40 days journey abi you know no your bible?

It later took them 40 years as a punishment from their God because of their stubbornness.

Meaning if not for disobedience, it was a by default 40 days...
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Tolubory(m): 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
Crocz:
Except you develop a complex mathematical model for it, I don't see how you can know for certain if it's possible to walk or if he did walk from Lagos to Abj in that time....cos there are some many factors to consider:
* did he follow conventional car route?
* how many mins/hours did he take to rest, eat and/ sleep, chat?
* at what pace was he walking
* did he maintain the same pace all through the journey?...he could jug a while

Now assuming he lag in one or more of the above which still doesn't account for all the factors or parameters in this context, then we can take the lag as "U"...and give a linear model as:

¥ = a + bC + b2R + b3P + .... + U

Where ¥ = number of hours it took him
a = constant
b = coefficients
U = error term/lag
In theory, it means the number of hours it took him to walk the journey depends on the distance C, rest hours R, walking pace P and other factors.

The statisticians and mathematicians can take it from here *sigh*
my guy, i no understand wetin you calculate but I like it...
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Jhonnyboy(m): 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
Google maps says it takes 5 days. Adding all the resting.. 20 days is more than enough

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by emperorlero(m): 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
Crocz:
Except you develop a complex mathematical model for it, I don't see how you can know for certain if it's possible to walk or if he did walk from Lagos to Abj in that time....cos there are some many factors to consider:
* did he follow conventional car route?
* how many mins/hours did he take to rest, eat and/ sleep, chat?
* at what pace was he walking
* did he maintain the same pace all through the journey?...he could jug a while

Now assuming he lag in one or more of the above which still doesn't account for all the factors or parameters in this context, then we can take the lag as "U"...and give a linear model as:

¥ = a + bC + b2R + b3P + .... + U

Where ¥ = number of hours it took him
a = constant
b = coefficients
U = error term/lag
In theory, it means the number of hours it took him to walk the journey depends on the distance C, rest hours R, walking pace P and other factors.

The statisticians and mathematicians can
take it from here *sigh*
chaiiiiii, u really go school o....no be babe you go find for class..
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Curvinus(m): 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
jhidey08:
Y Bros, abeg leave grammar and pass ur message across effectively.

wetin be grammer? Abeg read inbetween the lines.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Hgold(m): 4:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
Even Mandela didn't trek that much before he authored "long walk to freedom".

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by JayJustus(m): 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
And these waec people will now see this one and be making people fail...chai...konji is a bastard
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Bowaley17(m): 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
Good for him. Atleast he fulfilled his promise. If you are jealous or doubting him. Do the needful the Lagoon isn't far.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Coolbite(m): 4:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:
TBH I also have my doubts. Naa trekking easy like that? I could be wrong tho.
perhaps he was high on ganja all through the journey, which accounted for the limitless strength. grin
BecaciaBarbie:
TBH I also have my doubts. Naa trekking easy like that? I could be wrong tho.
perhaps he was high on ganja all through the journey, which accounted for the limitless strength.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by peegirl(f): 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
kayode27:
I refuse to believe.

The guy can only convince gullible Nigerians.

Prove he didn't by trekking your own,,,,,,, Jealousy!

No one will evn notice you,,,,,,,yeye dey smell tongue
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Heineken(m): 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
grin
noordean:
lwkmd! Na ass them dey use think ni
grin
noordean:
lwkmd! Na ass them dey use think ni
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by kuuljay(m): 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
I think he followed jebba road and not through lokoja
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by kuuljay(m): 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2015
stagger:
Lagos to Abuja by road is 12 hours complete, passing through Lagos to Ibadan, then to the Ilesha-Ife road all the way to Akure (via FUTA junction), to Okpella, Okene, Lokoja and then the FCT. I have driven it myself so I can tell you that 9 hours cannot cut it.

The guy should have documented his journey. Im no get camera phone?
lagos to Abuja through jebba is like six hours atmost.motorist don't ply the road cos it's too bad it's only articulated trucks that risks it at present
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
Coolbite:
perhaps he was high on ganja all through the journey, which accounted for the limitless strength. grin perhaps he was high on ganja all through the journey, which accounted for the limitless strength.
grin grin
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by kuuljay(m): 5:43pm On Apr 21, 2015
stagger:

Can you tell us the state of the Bida-Mokwa-Jebba road?
have never seen a road that bad in my life.if that road is fixed you can get to lagos from abj under 6 hours
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by kuuljay(m): 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
fulanis do this shit all the time and are still doing it till today some of them still go to mecca through the Sahara desert till today technology has taking away humans harsh realities,in the near future if you tell a man that it's possible to walk from maitama to zuba nobody will believe you.but I have actually done that in the past
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by ekoboy: 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2015
Jhonnyboy:
Google maps says it takes 5 days. Adding all the resting.. 20 days is more than enough
Google walking speed is quite fast. I think whites generally walk faster. I struggled to meet up with bus times using google timing in london. Secondly, to walk at the same fast pace for soo long is impossible. You need to make out enough time for resting your legs.

that said, how come nobody had any record or news of his journey until he got to to Bida. There are so many unanswered questions about his journey.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by jpphilips(m): 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:
[b]On an ideal situation (Road Conditions, Diversions, Weather Conditions, Traffic, etc. affect driving distance), a driving journey from Lagos to Abuja by road (Lagos --> Abuja) is approximately 587 Minutes - 9 hour(s) 47 minutes(s). That means it would take a car in good working condition just approximately 10 hours from Lagos to Abuja by the route on the Map below.

Having said that, what time would it take an average person to walk the same distance? How many hours would he have to walk each day? And in how many days would he complete his journey?

Let's assume Buhari was officially declared winner of the election on the 30th of March 2015 and our trekking guy started his journey on the 2nd of April 2015....!!! If by 20th of April 2015 Hamisu Abubakar arrived the FCT on foot, it is also confortable to conclude that it took him 18days to walk from Lagos to Abuja on foot. 24 Hours in a day by 18days would be 432 Hours.... How many hours did he walk each day to complete his task in 18 days considering the fact that from Lagos to Abuja is approximately 736.6km? Still loading.........

. [/b]

The google map estimation of distance is pretty wrong, from Omagwa airport to control Owerri is estimated to be 86km with google, GPS on, but using trip meter with two different vehicles reported 51km, where did the balance come from?
Without realistic variables, I doubt if you can arrive at any sane conclusion, putting into cognisance the guy's frequent breaks and non linear velocity.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by ekoboy: 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
kuuljay:
fulanis do this shit all the time and are still doing it till today some of them still go to mecca through the Sahara desert till today technology has taking away humans harsh realities,in the near future if you tell a man that it's possible to walk from maitama to zuba nobody will believe you.but I have actually done that in the past
I agree its not impossible. However, there is nothing about this to actually prove he did the trekking
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by hakanai(m): 6:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
Nigerians !!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
[size=30pt]Person dey WALK the TALK una dey here Dey TALK the WALK [/size]

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by FOREXMARTS: 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
I personally know a retired cattle herdsman who once told me that it took them a month to get the herds from kano to Lagos in the sixties till late seventies when he retired so 20 days is more than possible for this man to trek from lag to abj.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why / Patience Jonathan Bags Omuma Chieftaincy Title 'Nneoma 1 Of Omuma' (Photos) / Sowore Celebrating Buhari’s Victory In 2015. Reno Omokri Shares Throwback Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.