Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! (56700 Views)

Hajiya Talatu Starts Trekking From Kaduna-abuja To Celebrate Buhari (photo) / Hamisu Abubakar, The Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In FCT / Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Receives Royal Welcome In Minna (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 21, 2015
Where in Lagos did he start from? Does he have neighbours? Who saw when he started the trekking? When did he cross Ogun, Ondo, all the way to Niger state?
All of a sudden, the man appeared in Niger state about a week ago. If it took him about a week to trek from first time he was reported in Niger state to Abuja, how come from Lagos to Niger took him just 1.5 weeks? Gullible Nigerians! LOL! Believe this you will believe anything! I hope Buhari will not subscribe into this scam

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by nationwide1(m): 4:04am On Apr 21, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
Guy leave d guy alone na from Bida we begin dey hear say somebody dey trek to celebrate chief terrorist's victory. Why we no hear when him start am from Lagos. Where exactly for Lagos he start the journey?
Exactly my mind. No coverage in Lagos, Ondo, Edo, Oyo, Kwara until Bida. They can brand it hate but it is very reasonable.

3 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by AdeniyiA(m): 6:29am On Apr 21, 2015
Sorry, he took Ibadan-ogbomosho- Ilorin ....
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 21, 2015
finestiyke:

He walked full 12 hours non stop everyday Everyday Like seriously Una dey Jones oh!!!

I know your type, you just want to argue.

Here's what I said in case you missed it.

That means our guy rested a whole lot while on the way.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by iamrealdeji(m): 6:55am On Apr 21, 2015
kennydee05:

Guy see your life outside, you are becoming senseless on social/political issues
Imagine your comment on FP for more than 1:30 Minutes no like and share.
Just calm yourself down and evaluate your reasoning faculty. And compare it to10 Months ago.
He's getting dumber everyday

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by iamrealdeji(m): 7:02am On Apr 21, 2015
emmatok:

Nomads from the north do this all the time, its noting new.
Nomads don't use the commercial transit route.
The guy might come from a NOMADIC family.

Exactly,our muslim fore father's even used to trek from Nigeria to Mecca in those days

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Etruth: 7:10am On Apr 21, 2015
barcanista:
Na una wey de believe the story na. Very Soon they will say Buhari walked on the sea. APC ehn...
Wow....what happened to this guy? You used to be very smart and noble. Nowadays, you sound more like a broken record. What really happened to you, bro?

3 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:10am On Apr 21, 2015
ignis:
Am surprised the guy is still looking very healthy.
Why won't he? Trekking is good for his soul. Excess calories burnt off.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:11am On Apr 21, 2015
emmatok:
@ op the guy followed the cattle grazing routes
Exactly!
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:21am On Apr 21, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
accordin to google it takes one 5 days to walk from lagos to abuja non stop. D guy did it in 20 days meaning he rested a lot. Meaning You're the stupid one.
He started his journey from 6am to 6pm, then sleeps at the town he stops.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:28am On Apr 21, 2015
tomakint:

You still don't get the gist that it's only a madman that will do that trekking within the set time and still be 'hale and hearty' to talk about it undecided Lagos to Abuja no be beans oooo

All of you doubting this guy's journey are just exhibiting traits of badbelletitis.

You guys have forgotten that in those days, our ancestors used to trek miles and they lived longer and stayed healthier than this generation.

Moreover, the guys said he starts his journey from 6 in the morning and stops at 6 in the evening for the night, then continues like that. If you doubt him, why don't you embark on it and see for yourself.

Bad belle everywhere!
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by KnowAll(m): 7:29am On Apr 21, 2015
The guy just quietly walk pass all d SW state only to show up at Bida.......... uhmmmmmmm, this one na 419. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by eCollynzo: 7:37am On Apr 21, 2015
obi4eze:

Why do you just love to disgrace yourself?
I want to assure you that before the end of this year you will be disgraced beyond your own imagination since you have refused to 'borrow' some sense.
Chimela IK, why are you following Barcanista everywhere he goes threatening him?
I don't know what your problem is o, allow the guy to have his peace.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by tellwisdom: 7:52am On Apr 21, 2015
The guy is a scammer...he ought to be arrested not to be awarded...Please Arrest him now make he talk true, how he take waka angry
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by obi4eze(m): 7:54am On Apr 21, 2015
eCollynzo:
Chimela IK, why are you following Barcanista everywhere he goes threatening him?
I don't know what your problem is no, allow the guy to have his peace.
How does advising him to 'borrow' some sense amount to threatening him?
I am not threatening him but only stating the obvious. I am only stating the obvious. He is the worst deceit of the year. Let him come and prove me wrong if he can. I know you did this to make me scared but I fear no one but God and I will never insult the sensibilities of people on this forum because I respect everyone. No one is above mistakes but when you make a mistake, correct it and stop being deceptive. And since you know much about me please tell me who I am, where I live and what I do for a living.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by disumusa: 7:58am On Apr 21, 2015
jelosy
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Crocz(m): 8:02am On Apr 21, 2015
agabaI23:
To help, you only need to know how many hours he is free to walk in a day.
His maintaining the same speed is not an issue because not even cars do that. You will have to measure the average velocity of the guy.

Check the number of days, number of walk hours per day and the number of days, then you can measure his average speed. You can assume he walks between 6 am to 6 pm daily.

You may want to find out if he took some days off.
Thoughtful!
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by mike404(m): 8:13am On Apr 21, 2015
barcanista:
Na una wey de believe the story na. Very Soon they will say Buhari walked on the sea. APC ehn...
E FIT BE POSSIBLE BRO. NORTHERN MUSLIMS SEE Buhari AS THEIR PROPHET...ASK ANY NORTHERNER THE MEANING OF SAI MAI SALLAH
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by daveP(m): 8:13am On Apr 21, 2015
Crocz:
Except you develop a complex mathematical model for it, I don't see how you can know for certain if it's possible to walk or if he did walk from Lagos to Abj in that time....cos there are some many factors to consider:
* did he follow conventional car route?
* how many mins/hours did he take to rest, eat and/ sleep, chat?
* at what pace was he walking
* did he maintain the same pace all through the journey?...he could jug a while

Now assuming he lag in one or more of the above which still doesn't account for all the factors or parameters in this context, then we can take the lag as "U"...and give a linear model as:

¥ = a + bC + b2R + b3P + .... + U

Where ¥ = number of hours it took him
a = constant
b = coefficients
U = error term
In theory, it means the number of hours it took him to walk the journey depends on the distance C, rest hours R, walking pace P and other factors.

The statisticians and mathematicians can take it from here *sigh*
it is possible. 18days at constant pace/day. All that is making this journey seem not real is the fatigue rate that affected him.

The more healthy trekking comfortable time/day would be 7hours/day.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by xxxoladevoxxx(m): 8:18am On Apr 21, 2015
I dunno what u guys are saying oh but what in the world wud make a sane man to trek from Lagos to Abuja, not even a business trek but to fulfill a bet?
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Crocz(m): 8:26am On Apr 21, 2015
daveP:
it is possible. 18days at constant pace/day. All that is making this journey seem not real is the fatigue rate that affected him.

The more healthy trekking comfortable time/day would be 7hours/day.
Someone pointed out that a man can't walk at a constant pace all through cos of factors like fatigue..not even a car can do that, which I reasoned...that too would affect his trekking hours/days
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by PassingShot(m): 8:27am On Apr 21, 2015
msanigme:
the guy has really tried and i believed he treked from lagos to abuja in 19 days. Lagos to Abuja is 662Km. Average
walking speed is 5.0km/hr. (662km)
÷ (5.0km/hr) = 132.4 hours. The guy
had 19 days = 456 hrs. or you can take it like this as some said he treked for 18 days . 5km/hr multiply by the number of days divide by the distance i.e 5×18=90 , therefore 662km÷90km/hr=7.36hrs a day.that means that he trekrd for 7 hours and 36 minutes everyday

chatupkay:
Here's the arithemetic:

Average Speed for Human: 5KM per Hour
Maximum number of Hours trekked per day: 12 Hours
Total Distance Lagos to Abuja: 736KM (approx)

Distance covered in a day: 5*12 == 60KM
Numbers of days needed to cover to 736KM: 736KM/60KM === 12.26 days.

So if he spent 18 days to get to abuja, then it's justified considering the stopovers and he might have walked at a lower speed

Conclusion
He actually trekked dat distance..... A round of applause for dis guy!!!!
Congrat to Hamisu.

Kudos!

Doubters, here is your answer.

It appears that the guy even had enough rest time based on the calculation above.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by daveP(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2015
Crocz:

Someone pointed out that a man can't walk at a constant pace all through cos of factors like fatigue..not even a car can do that, which I reasoned...that too would affect his trekking hours/days
yeah. That's true. His mouth must be munching something every 3hours to avoid total breakdown. grin

our Grandmas trekked miles to give our fathers food, cash etc back then, so i think that settles it from a calculating point of view.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by golddeejay(m): 9:38am On Apr 21, 2015
codedslayer:
[s][/s]

Look at this dumbo. Anything to him is APC, no wonder the fool keep sending people PM begging for protection. He cant reason properly without insulting APC or Buhari. Ode
does anybody still care abt wat dis guy says? D guy is sounding like a broken record. All his post now are just like filling the space.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by freshcvv(m): 9:39am On Apr 21, 2015
What is difficult here to believe?

Is it that it can't be done or that he didn't do it?

How did the Israelite trek from Egypt to Cannan which was suppose to be just 40 days with bad road network?
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 21, 2015
eCollynzo:
I don't know what your problem is o, allow the guy to have his peace.
no mind the guy.

How can someone walk from 6am to 6pm without getting fatigued? How can someone repeat this activity for good 18 days? This is a common sense thing. APC guys are just fooling themselves
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by annibro(f): 10:26am On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:

Good thinking...!!! That was just what i wanted to achieve, to have young Nigerians with Engineering/Mathematical Mind-set to analyze issues rather than just swallow everything that is dished out to them

D route he took is shorter. From minna to Lagos via Bida-Mokwa- Jebba- Kwara axis to Lagos is approx 6hrs by road.
Yes I plied dat route severally as a corper. On a particular occasion, my taxi left kpakungu (minna) by 7.15am & by 2.30pm, I was by Redeeem camp. Mind u, we stopped over Jebba 2 eat, bot fuel, little hold up at ibadan-Lag xpress rd etc.

It is very possible my bros
D Lagoon is still open 4 Haters!

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by ignis: 10:51am On Apr 21, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Why won't he? Trekking is good for his soul. Excess calories burnt off.
Keep being deceived. ...
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by walemadu: 10:56am On Apr 21, 2015
APC AND LIES grin

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by virus05(m): 10:58am On Apr 21, 2015
phabuloz:
Na missionary journey so he doesn't move one way, he pauses at certain cities rest,spent some nights then move on
see dis guy..so u tink say person fit trek from lag to abj..u dey joke..or u don high..
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 21, 2015
@OP I too tink am.. dat guy no trek nada, e enter bus reach abuja.. bloody liar mallam angry angry angry
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by stagger: 10:59am On Apr 21, 2015
Lagos to Abuja by road is 12 hours complete, passing through Lagos to Ibadan, then to the Ilesha-Ife road all the way to Akure (via FUTA junction), to Okpella, Okene, Lokoja and then the FCT. I have driven it myself so I can tell you that 9 hours cannot cut it.

The guy should have documented his journey. Im no get camera phone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Inside Ilu Aje, A Ghost Village In Oyo, Where Money Has No Value. / Charly Boy Reacts As Supreme Court Sacks Ihedioha, Says "Imo State Is Gone" / Sowore Celebrating Buhari’s Victory In 2015. Reno Omokri Shares Throwback Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.