Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. (6894 Views)

2017 Budget: The Aso Rock Budget That Deserves Your Attention by Saatah Nubari / This Thread Is For All Concerned Rivers People, Please Come In And Save Rivers / Interim National Government: One Propaganda Too Many (barcanista) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
MyMouth:

I have come to the conclusion that you are not only silly, you must be a brother to that lier barcanistar! For your information, Three Gorges Dam in Hubei, China, has the world's largest instantaneous generating capacity (22,500 MW), with the Itaipu Dam in Brazil/Paraguay in second place (14,000 MW). So we don't need 30,000 power plant to achieve jus 20,000MW!

How many years did it take to build gorges dam? I bet not in four years. The preliminary work alone wich includes environmental impact assessment, resettlement, etc will take close to the four years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
obi4eze:
I will surely laugh at barcanista by the end of this year. You have shot yourself in the foot again thinking that you are wise. And before the end of 2016 barcanista will cease to exist on Nairaland. Just watch
I am even tired of laughing.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by abouzaid: 1:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
MyMouth:

I have come to the conclusion that you are not only silly, you must be a brother to that lier barcanistar! For your information, Three Gorges Dam in Hubei, China, has the world's largest instantaneous generating capacity (22,500 MW), with the Itaipu Dam in Brazil/Paraguay in second place (14,000 MW). So we don't need 30,000 power plant to achieve jus 20,000MW!
quickly resorting to insults shows lack of logic. do you even know what is a gorge, what part of a river it is found and condition of its formation? pls tell me where and when buhari will build a three gorge dam to generate 22,500MW of electricity instantaneously in Nigeria, that is what we call facts not resorting to citing an extreme example to wipe up sentiments.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by abouzaid: 1:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
faceURfront:

How many years did it take to build gorges dam? I bet not in four years. The preliminary work alone wich includes environmental impact assessment, resettlement, etc will take close to the four years.
i don't even want to go to the technical and financial aspect of building such a modern wonder because it's not even feasible in Nigeria. buhari did not even say how he will achieve such a miracle yet some fellows are running around in circles and tying themselves into knots trying to defend the impossible.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by abouzaid: 1:56pm On Apr 21, 2015
Krak:

Just like when they said the Hoover Dam could not be built.

Acheivers dont care about what you think about them, they just go on and do what they see while their critics were shouting themselves hoarse.

You know why? Because they see what people like you cannot see.

My friend nothing is impossible.
my dear, we are not in a motivational talk show. we need facts and figures on how he will achieve his campaign promises and the man is even making more promises

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by gonon: 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
faceURfront:

What do you mean by the above?

There are power generation capacities that are not grid worthy, so to speak because it's not worth connecting to the grid due to issues like cost etc. For example anything under 50MW is not worth connecting in Nigeria, although some power plants with higher capacities are also not grid connected. They are fit for what is called Embedded generation whereby they are fed to distribution substations. Eg Geometric power plant in Aba is not grid connected, the 8.5MW power plant in Lagos is also not grid connected.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by Krak(m): 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
abouzaid:
my dear, we are not in a motivational talk show. we need facts and figures on how he will achieve his campaign promises and the man is even making more promises

Then sit back and watch him do it, or not do it. It is almost as if you are very eager to see him fail. Why do you give yourself unnecessary headache.

For Gods sake he has not even been sworn into office yet.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
gonon:

There are power generation capacities that are not grid worthy, so to speak because it's not worth connecting to the grid due to issues like cost etc. For example anything under 50MW is not worth connecting in Nigeria, although some power plants with higher capacities are also not grid connected. They are fit for what is called Embedded generation whereby they are fed to distribution substations. Eg Geometric power plant in Aba is not grid connected, the 8.5MW power plant in Lagos is also not grid connected.

Okay. I will do some reading on that to corroborate ur reply. Thanks
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by stevenakolo: 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
arewafederation:

So 30,000 new power plants are required to achieve 20,000mw of electricity?

You guys ignorantly debunked the possibility of paying unemployed graduates which even Mr. Jona is about to sign into law, and now this?

PDP have seriously ruined your lives to the extent you now see a GOOD life as a mirage.

I really don't know how you pessimists will survive being in the opposition for 4 years.

God bless you bro, this idiots think an APC failure would hurt the politicians more. Those guys are millionaires, instead of praying for the new government's success, they are hoping GMB fails.

Very patriotic.

1 Like

Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by MyMouth(m): 3:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
abouzaid:
quickly resorting to insults shows lack of logic. do you even know what is a gorge, what part of a river it is found and condition of its formation? pls tell me where and when buhari will build a three gorge dam to generate 22,500MW of electricity instantaneously in Nigeria, that is what we call facts not resorting to citing an extreme example to wipe up sentiments.
You may have a point, but what am trying to make you see is that, Buhari does not need to build 30,000 plants for the country to generate 30000 MW.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by abouzaid: 3:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
Krak:

Then sit back and watch him do it, or not do it. It is almost as if you are very eager to see him fail. Why do you give yourself unnecessary headache.

For Gods sake he has not even been sworn into office yet.
did apc sit back and watched Jonathan1? the answer is NO. they lashed at him at every every slightest opportunity without mercy which made them to make all these promises. as for u my dear, if you don't have the stomach for politics, gentlemanly move over to the religion or romance section. here is exclusively reserved for hard men with very thick skin only.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by MyMouth(m): 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
faceURfront:

well, at least starting it alone with the determination of finishing it is something. Imagin if Obj had the political will to start it in 1999 when he came onboard, even if he did not finish it in his eight years, yaradua or gej would have completed it and it would have had a greater impact then the useless smaller power plants scattered all over the country!
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by gonon: 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
faceURfront:

Okay. I will do some reading on that to corroborate ur reply. Thanks

The approved power for grid connection by NERC is 20MW but due to the fragile nature of our grid and connection costs, i prefer 50MW to be on the safe side, but here is a link by NERC which regulates the power sector. Download the document for your information.

http://www.nercng.org/index.php/document-library/func-startdown/4/
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by abouzaid: 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
MyMouth:

You may have a point, but what am trying to make you see is that, Buhari does not need to build 30,000 plants for the country to generate 30000 MW.
then we are almost saying the same thing but the difference is that it's not technically or financially possible to achieve that in four years. he told a blatant white faced lie. the simple truth is that obasanjo messed up the power sector and the Jonathan approach even though laced with capitalistic corruption was the only viable approach. Nigerians power problem can't be solved in four years, not even in eight because of the deeds of past leaders.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by abouzaid: 3:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
stevenakolo:

God bless you bro, this idiots think an APC failure would hurt the politicians more. Those guys are millionaires, instead of praying for the new government's success, they are hoping GMB fails.

Very patriotic.
nobody is praying for anybody to fail but it would be self deceit to deliberately believe a lie. on an afterthought, GMB and his APC goons never prayed for GEJ to succeed. think about that.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by Krak(m): 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
abouzaid:
did apc sit back and watched Jonathan1? the answer is NO. they lashed at him at every every slightest opportunity without mercy which made them to make all these promises. as for u my dear, if you don't have the stomach for politics, gentlemanly move over to the religion or romance section. here is exclusively reserved for hard men with very thick skin only.

Look at who is calling himself a hard man. Anyway, Mr Ironman, continue on your journey.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by abouzaid: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
Krak:

Look at who is calling himself a hard man. Anyway, Mr Ironman, continue on your journey.
sorry o, i meant no offense.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
dearpreye:

Who has attacked and lampooned GEJ on NL more than barcanista? You guys need to quit the old game......

When Barcanista switched sides, he stopped attacking mediocrity and upheld the mediocrity of GEJ.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

When Barcanista switched sides, he stopped attacking mediocrity and upheld the mediocrity of GEJ.

And how does that justify your relentless and vileatt attacks of his person? It's so sad he wasted his effort and time on such a people with NO sense of friendship and empathy!

It's a rude shock to me!!!!!
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
dearpreye:

And how does that justify your relentless and vileatt attacks of his person? It's so sad he wasted his effort and time on such a people with NO sense of friendship and empathy!

It's a rude shock to me!!!!!

Why won't he be attacked relentlessly when he jumped from the truth to support a lie. His effort would have been appreciated if he stood by his conscience. He did not, so he gets what he looked for.
###
The handling of Boko Haram was very poor, the economic situation in the north was not seen to being addressed, the extravagance of public office holders, the proliferation of private jets...Donald Duke.

This is the kind of government Barcanista jumped ship to support.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Why won't he be attacked relentlessly when he jumped from the truth to support a lie. His effort would have been appreciated if he stood by his conscience. He did not, so he gets what he looked for.
###
The handling of Boko Haram was very poor, the economic situation in the north was not seen to being addressed, the extravagance of public office holders, the proliferation of private jets...Donald Duke.

This is the kind of government Barcanista jumped ship to support.

No matter how excellently a ruling party performs, there's going to be an opposition; that balances our democracy. It's good for us!

He may have given reasons why he defected; those reasons could be very flimsy to you. A lot of supporting GEJ KNOW too well he wasn't proactive enough, and he also made certain unpardonable mistakes. Thank God he will be replaced soon.

There was an UNDERLYING REASON why he defected. The reason none of you knew. But that's immaterial NOW! He's an adult, capable of steering his own ship.

It's normal that he will seek to holes in the government he once fiercely supported; that's life. It's not the first time men have defected...This thing only ends here.

Please, you guys need to let him be. If he creates a thread, and you feels he's not worth the stress, move on; allow others to appreciate his articles.

He's very important to us. Not just politically; we appreciate the threads he creates.

Shalom!
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by netotse(m): 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
gonon:

The approved power for grid connection by NERC is 20MW but due to the fragile nature of our grid and connection costs, i prefer 50MW to be on the safe side, but here is a link by NERC which regulates the power sector. Download the document for your information.

http://www.nercng.org/index.php/document-library/func-startdown/4/
Hey...what part of the power sector are you involved with if you don't mind my asking...
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by shigoslim(m): 11:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
Though i will not be part of enemy of progress as far we are all clamoring for a progress country that everyone would be proud.

Now for incoming government to archive their aims, i think they should critically look into our available human resources that we makes all these work. Note when i said human resource am not referring to natural resources, all am saying is that the working force of human power within our economy.
One of the problems been face by Nigeria is her poorly skilled human resource, we are been depending too much on human capital which our human resource has unable to effectively makes use of them. For instance Nigeria as one of the largest producing crude oil could not manage a single refinery, due to the fact that her human resource were not sufficient enough, but also poorly skilled even if available they were not channel to the right place.

So the cost in mentainning additional input is times two of another innovation due to her poorly human resource. Nigeria as at today could not beat her chest to the world that she is ready to take the lead in science, if later we built the megawatts can we sustain it for 20years? Nigeria need restructure not additional foundation.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by gonon: 5:16am On Apr 22, 2015
netotse:

Hey...what part of the power sector are you involved with if you don't mind my asking...

Generation and to a lesser extent transmission. If you notice I have avoided talking about distribution because I haven't worked there. Why do you ask?
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by Ngasky(m): 5:30am On Apr 22, 2015
gonon:

Of the top of my head:
1) Zungeru hydro power plant = 700 MW
2) Mambila Hydro Power plant = 3050MW
3) Omoku II thermal power plant (gas) = 225MW
4) Egbema thermal power plant (gas) = 338MW
5) Ihovbor thermal power plant (gas) = 451MW (partly complete)
6) Kaduna power plant (LPFO/GAS) = 215MW (partly complete)
7) Gurara II Hydro power plant = 360MW

Others are power plants that can't be connected to the grid because they are below grid capacity and are under development are:
1) Kashimbila = 40MW
2) Gurara 1 = 30MW
3) Itisi hydro power plant = 40MW

Please filter out the NIPP Projects. All those thermal stations are Obj's 8 NIPP plants. They were stopped by the Yar'aduwa/Jonathan regime. So they were already contracted and paid for before 2007.
Infact the later government did a treasonal offence by stopping the contract under the disguise of investigation. After all who was prosecuted? How much has been recovered?
At the end of invertigation Nigeria had to pay the contractors 25% of the contract sum as damages incurred during investigation. That is we pay for 2 new plants to service our investigation
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by gonon: 5:55am On Apr 22, 2015
Ngasky:

Please filter out the NIPP Projects. All those thermal stations are Obj's 8 NIPP plants. They were stopped by the Yar'aduwa/Jonathan regime. So they were already contracted and paid for before 2007.
Infact the later government did a treasonal offence by stopping the contract under the disguise of investigation. After all who was prosecuted? How much has been recovered?
At the end of invertigation Nigeria had to pay the contractors 25% of the contract sum as damages incurred during investigation. That is we pay for 2 new plants to service our investigation

True they the NIPP started under OBJ, but if not for the push by GEJ nothing would have happened. Yar'adua made a mistake by stopping the project which cost us a lot but you have to give it to GEJ, at least he had the will to make the project work. Imagine if past administration commenced developing the power sector at say 4000MW per term, we wouldn't be in this deep shit.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by ba7man(m): 6:16am On Apr 22, 2015
dearpreye:

Obviously, a lot of people still take him serious!

I do!
.......And Firefire.....Temitemi.......fiets......some of the daftest individuals I've encountered both online and offline.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 22, 2015
ba7man:
.......And Firefire.....Temitemi.......fiets......some of the daftest individuals I've encountered both online and offline.

That's your opinion. It's ONLY ends here.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 22, 2015
And the painment continues
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by netotse(m): 7:02am On Apr 22, 2015
gonon:

Generation and to a lesser extent transmission. If you notice I have avoided talking about distribution because I haven't worked there. Why do you ask?
Your experience mostly mirrors mine, will send you an email. Let's rub minds.
Re: Barcanista, This Thread Is For Your Attention. by stevenakolo: 7:52am On Apr 24, 2015
abouzaid:
nobody is praying for anybody to fail but it would be self deceit to deliberately believe a lie. on an afterthought, GMB and his APC goons never prayed for GEJ to succeed. think about that.

That's politics man, are you a politician? If PDP fails APC benefits, and vice versa. If APC fails PDP benefits, but do the common man also benefit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Allocates N10bn To IDP's In North-east In 2016 Budget / Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians / NGX: Investors Lose ₦‎190 Billion As Tier-1 Banks Experience Sell-Offs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.