Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife (3319 Views)

House Crisis: Reps Adopt Apc’s Zoning Formular / APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos / Sack Jega Or Form Interim Govt With Jonathan As Head.....says Ezeife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by erunz(m): 9:13am On Apr 21, 2015
The imminent absence of the South-East from top leadership positions in the Senate and House of Representatives is of little bother to leaders of the region, former Anambra State governor, Chukwuemeka Ezeife, has said.

Igbo-men However, radical member of the Second Republic House of Representatives, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, yesterday, put the plight of the region to its decision to put all their eggs in one basket, even as renowned economist, Dr. Pat Utomi, cautioned All Progressives Congress, APC to ensure that it gives a fair representation to all sections of the country.

The reactions came as APC, which is set to take over the Presidency and the National Assembly, denied taking a decision on the zoning of the top positions of government.

The party’s assertion nonetheless, there were indications that APC had zoned the office of Senate President to the North-Central with Senators Bukola Saraki and George Akume as the major contenders.

Other principal positions in the two chambers are being contested by the North-East, North-West and South-West. The South-South, which only has one returning member to the House of Representatives, is also angling for the office of Deputy Speaker.

The South-East, which has no returning member of APC in the Senate and the House of Representatives, has been completely left out of any of the principal officers’ positions.

Ndigbo aren’t worried—Ezeife

Reacting to the development yesterday, Chief Ezeife, who governed Anambra State between 1992 and 1993 said: “I do not see anything wrong with what APC had done.

“What the party has done is in line with their convention. I do not see any reason why people should be worried about the fate of the Igbo.

“We are not worried. Only those who do not see us as people of destiny are worried. However, there are lessons to be learned from the outcome of things. But we are not worried because lessons have been learned.”

Decisions’ve consequences — Mohammed

In his remarks, Dr Mohammed said the decision of Ndigbo to put all their eggs in one basket will have consequences politically.

He said: “I must say I do not have the privilege of seeing what the incoming government, led by APC, has drafted in terms of zoning offices.

“However, it is evident that the Igbo mobilized towards one candidate and I think APC is justified for not zoning any major office to their zone.

“I am not a believer of zoning, but with the complicity in Nigerian politics, rotation has been brought to the forefront and we will continue to battle with this until Nigeria matures politically.

“It is not just the result of the last elections that showed that the South-East zone had tilted towards one candidate, results of previous elections also showed that and they have had it so good under previous administration.

“They have, therefore, taken it for granted that they will get things on a platter of gold.

“APC is absolutely justified with the arrangement of not zoning any major office to the South-East. If they are given some of the big positions, what will other zones like North-West, who gave the President-elect big votes, ask for?

“So I think it will be stupid to give big positions like Senate President or Secretary to the Government to the South-East zone when the zones that gave bloc votes to the President-elect will just be watching.”

I expect good representation—Utomi

On his part, Professor Utomi said he expects APC to ensure equal representation from the geo-political zones even as he played down comments on the issue as he said the party had not come out with a categorical policy on the issue.

Pressed further, he said: “What is favour and what is not favour? I think any political party that wants to govern effectively would seek effective representation from across the country in the executive and legislative leadership of that country.”

APC’s assurances

Meanwhile, APC has urged Nigerians to disregard the wild speculations making the rounds concerning the appointment of ministers and the zoning of offices under the incoming Buhari administration.

In a statement in Abuja on Monday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, APC said there was no truth to anything that had been dished out by the rumour mill concerning the issues of appointment, especially the zoning of the National Assembly’s principal positions and other offices.

It said in the true tradition of APC, all issues of public interest will be handled transparently and conveyed to Nigerians through the usual communication channels.

The party said: “No appointments have been made and no offices have been zoned. The main concern of our party at the moment is to ensure a smooth transition and to hit the ground running in the overall interest of the long-suffering people of Nigeria.

“At the appropriate time, Nigerians will be informed of the appointments made and the offices zoned.”

‘An effective govt’s priority’

Also speaking, President, South-East/South-South Professionals, Mr. Emeka Ugwu-Oju, said merit should be promoted in the allocation of government positions even as he called for the immediate implementation of the report of the 2014 National Conference.

He said: “The number one priority of the peoples of South East/South-South is the implementation of the National Conference Resolutions as the foundation of the recreation of a new Nigeria that will be anchored on justice, equity, merit and the Rule of Law.

“That is the main reason they overwhelmingly voted for Jonathan.

“Majority of them will prefer the immediate implementation of the National Conference Resolutions in lieu of the National Assembly positions, because it will benefit more of the people than just a handful of individuals.

“Any political party that wants to govern effectively would seek effective representation from across the country in the executive and legislative leadership positions.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/apc-zoning-ndigbo-not-worried-on-being-left-out-says-ezeife/#sthash.gsCX70fI.0QpeIzvG.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:15am On Apr 21, 2015
grin

If u are worried, u be bastard because as a man, u must face whatever u created.

Enjoy is, its gonna be a very long four years!

7 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by efilefun(m): 9:18am On Apr 21, 2015
SGF nko or which post did jona himself when in power give to them moreover shey they were gallantly behind the otuoke returnee...lol

4 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by Eyepencil: 9:20am On Apr 21, 2015
As if zoning will have any effect on those lazy fools, an averege igbo man is a hustler

9 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by Balkan(m): 9:25am On Apr 21, 2015
We are not intereted in who occupys the what ever posiotion in Abuja.
None of the zone is better than an Igbo man and its zone.

We still busy with streignthinig our economic power.
Proudly IGBO

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by AbdH: 9:38am On Apr 21, 2015
Balkan:
We are not intereted in who occupys the what ever posiotion in Abuja.
None of the zone is better than an Igbo man and its zone.

We still busy with streignthinig our economic power.
Proudly IGBO

Oh you are interested or how do you explain the votes GEJ got in your zone? If you were not intetested, you guys would have boycotted the elections in its entirety.
If you aren't intetested, you wouldn't have asked to be made the FCT minister.
'We are not interested' is a cliche that you carved because you lost out.
By the way, some zones are better than other zones, the better ones are being migrated to while the fairly good ones are being migrated from.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by Trailblazer1(m): 9:41am On Apr 21, 2015
If obasanjo could be stoned by his people after leaving ASO rock for neglecting them, then what is the benefit of the southwest as a zone?

The Igbo destiny is not attached to ASO rock hence, the southeast will still thrive with or without ASO rock

Proudly Igbo
Without Apology

17 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by jumobi1(m): 9:45am On Apr 21, 2015
Are some people implying GMB should punish geo-political zones that didn't vote for him? That's rather childish. I wonder if these people understand democracy and development. Every zone must be represented for the interest of peace.
Nigeria is painfully backwards.

6 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by Trailblazer1(m): 9:47am On Apr 21, 2015
AbdH:

Oh you are interested or how do you explain the votes GEJ got in your zone? If you were not intetested, you guys would have boycotted the elections in its entirety.
If you aren't intetested, you wouldn't have asked to be made the FCT minister.
'We are not interested' is a cliche that you carved because you lost out.
By the way, some zones are better than other zones, the better ones are being migrated to while the fairly good ones are being migrated from.
Typical yoruba analogy

8 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by Trailblazer1(m): 9:51am On Apr 21, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
grin

If u are worried, u be bastard because as a man, u must face whatever u created.

After 4years, just check your zone and the Southeast, compare and contrast and see who fared better undecided

7 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by owobokiri(m): 9:56am On Apr 21, 2015
Left for me, they should take everything and blunder their way to oblivion as they always do. Culturally, these guys are not prepared for the leapfroging demands of modernity and no amount of petrodollar is going to save them from their retrogressive conservative stupor. That said, when they are done sharing positions and slots, they should then get ready to fund the budget with the oil earnings from the lake chad basin because the days of Lagos/Abuja impunity is gone for good. There is no way you can exclude the SE/SS from Nigerias government while running Nigeria with their resources.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by truefact: 10:06am On Apr 21, 2015
Tell them... Still they won't understand or be happy... Myopic bunch
Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by omenka(m): 10:10am On Apr 21, 2015
Nonsense as usual.
Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by famola(m): 10:17am On Apr 21, 2015
WHEN THE GAME START BY MAY 29th YOU PEOPLE WILL KNOW HOW FAR

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by agadez007(m): 10:26am On Apr 21, 2015
i am an igbo guy,so pro-igbo but i hate it when my people say they are not intrested or worried about posts in the government,,i guess its complex/pride that making them say so,soon they will come back to their senses and start shouting marginalisation

quote me,next year or two an igbo nairalander will open a thread lamenting how buhari gave all the post to his ''aboki'' brothers leaving ndigbo out,just wait and see

if we dont need goverments and we are capable of hustling on our own why dont we just scrap all this governors,local government chairman e.t.c in igboland and see how far we can go

and i dont blame yorubas for bashing ndigbo day in day out on nairaland,because today we say one thing tomorrow we say another,abeg we need to change that altitude

ogwukwa ka oram n'onu

13 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 21, 2015
Decisions have consequences — Mohammed

Absolutely....it's an axiom that needs not further proof...
Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by jumobi1(m): 10:34am On Apr 21, 2015
agadez007:
i am an igbo guy,so pro-igbo but i hate it when my people say they are not intrested or worried about posts in the government,,i guess its complex/pride that making them say so,soon they will come back to their senses and start shouting marginalisation

quote me,next year or two an igbo nairalander will open a thread lamenting how buhari gave all the post to his ''aboki'' brothers leaving ndigbo out,just wait and see

if we dont need goverments and we are capable of hustling on our own why dont we just scrap all this governors,local government chairman e.t.c in igboland and see how far we can go

and i dont blame yorubas for bashing ndigbo day in day out on nairaland,because today we say one thing tomorrow we say another,abeg we need to change that altitude

ogwukwa ka oram n'onu

Guy, since when does a few people's opinion represent the whole of the SE? Our needs aren't always uniform. More so, there is a differnce between want and need. We don't need any top political appointment to thrive. It'll just be dividing the nation if APC goes that route. When PDP didn't give Senate Pres or Speaker to the SW in order to please other zones, some SW leaders weren't happy about it while some where. At the end, the SW thrived and PDP paid the price. And Ok how do you suggest we scrap govs etc without violating the constitution?

2 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by Nonybb: 10:34am On Apr 21, 2015
Ok
Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:39am On Apr 21, 2015
ilugunboy:

Absolutely....it's an axiom that needs not further proof...

To the tribalist you quoted, what does he meant by "all eggs in one basket"?

North West voted APC throughout while South East has PDP and at least two APC Representatives.

Now tell me if this man is not being stu.pid or better still vindictive?

2 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by PassingShot(m): 10:45am On Apr 21, 2015
owobokiri:
Left for me, they should take everything and blunder their way to oblivion as they always do. Culturally, these guys are not prepared for the leapfroging demands of modernity and no amount of petrodollar is going to save them from their retrogressive conservative stupor. That said, when they are done sharing positions and slots, they should then get ready to fund the budget with the oil earnings from the lake chad basin because the days of Lagos/Abuja impunity is gone for good. There is no way you can exclude the SE/SS from Nigerias government while running Nigeria with their resources.

Why are you always ranting?

You be Asari or Tompolo?

Those guys sef know their levels nah.

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by cocoduck: 10:49am On Apr 21, 2015
agadez1
offemmannu bastard with mixed blood
we and you are not the same we have pure blood go join them if you wish
in my own LGA nnwei south we provided every infrastructure by ourselves ranging from internal roads water electricity schools hospitals etc without any help from anybody so go and join your people the offemmannus and demand for free meals

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 21, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

To the tribalist you quoted, what does he meant by "all eggs in one basket"?

North West voted APC throughout while South East has PDP and at least two APC Representatives.

Now tell me if this man is not being stu.pid or better still vindictive?

Unfortunately for you.....the simple truth in democracy is most of often winners takes it all......

Do you think those that voted APC were not taking a very serious risk by voting APC? Now you wan't them to share their political 'spoils' with those that did not partake in the risk with them?

This is politics my friend.....not an humanitarian endeavor

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 21, 2015
PassingShot:

Why are you always ranting?

You be Asari or Tompolo?

Those guys sef know their levels nah.

You should understand the anger of these people....they are just coming to terms with the reality of their misadventure....

4 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:01am On Apr 21, 2015
ilugunboy:

Unfortunately for you.....the simple truth in democracy is most of often winners takes it all......

Do you think those that voted APC were not taking a very serious risk by voting APC? Now you wan't them to share their political 'spoils' with those that did not partake in the risk with them?

This is politics my friend.....not an humanitarian endeavor

Then he should just say the truth and stop the political obfuscation while celebrating the victory.

To him, they just defeated the Biafrans in another battle and not a matter of the voting pattern.

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by cocoduck: 11:06am On Apr 21, 2015
At illugunboy abi girl
the anger of your father or mother abi your relatives
what an 1diot you are, you feel you are the victors and are gloating all over the place just take a look at dogs scrambling for crumbs so when your village man gets that office it means development or food on your table
Oil soup ba d for your brain

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by abu12: 11:15am On Apr 21, 2015
He must be a confused man
Igbo groups demand Speaker, House of Reps

ByOur ReporteronApril 21,
2015COVER,Politics
•Reject apc zoning formula
Prominent Igbo groups and organizations have risen in condemnation of the recent zoning formula adopted by the All Progressive Congress (APC) of which the South-East was excluded from the leadership of the national legislature, describing it as unacceptable.
They have consequently demanded that the post of Speaker of House of Representatives be zoned to the South East, noting that it was against national justice and the principle of federal character for the North to keep the Presidency, the Senate president and the Speaker, House of Representatives”.
Addressing newsmen in Enugu yesterday, a coalition of five Igbo groups, Igbo Youth Vanguard, Abia Democratic Initiative, Imo Professionals for Democracy, United Igbo Traders Association and South East Students Unions, deplored what they termed as the return to the “evil years of marginalization ofNdigbo”.
In the text press conference read by Comrade Chikezie Emezuo of Imo Professionals for Democracy, the Igbo groups urged the President-Elect, Gen Mohammadu Buhari to quickly put the machinery in motion to halt this exclusionist policy being hatched by enemies ofNdigboto keep them away from the governance of their country.
They noted that it was regrettable that when Igbo were thinking that “the negative effect of the civil war was wearing out, we are once again being reminded that we were defeated in the war and should be treated as second class citizens”.
They argued that it was offensive to human dignity and equity for Igbo to be denied top positions in the National Assembly because majority of them voted for the rival People’s Democratic Party (PDP)’.
The groups described as “untenable and unreasonable comparison of the situation in the South west between 2011 and 2015 and what is being plotted againstNdigbo, insisting that Yoruba leaders, and not the PDP, foisted the situation on their people”

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 21, 2015
cocoduck:
[s]At illugunboy abi girl
the anger of your father or mother abi your relatives
what an 1diot you are, you feel you are the victors and are gloating all over the place just take a look at dogs scrambling for crumbs so when your village man gets that office it means development or food on your table
Oil soup ba d for your brain[/s]

Grow up.....anger will only keep eating away what is left of your brain.....

2 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by ishiamu(m): 11:30am On Apr 21, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
grin

As if the ones that is zoned will impact in your wayward life.... deceive yourself no more you still the peasant we used to know

2 Likes

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by sammyj: 11:32am On Apr 21, 2015
Story for the gods. I sing edepenimi oooo !!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by Masterclass32: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2015
This shouldnt be an issue. Ok, they didnt zone any major office to the south-east ... So?. Not much has changed.

The Igbo will always forge ahead, regardless of whatever. Like Ezeife said - we are not complaining.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by cocoduck: 11:37am On Apr 21, 2015
ilugunboy:

Grow up.....anger will only keep eating away what is left
I am not angry at anything but at what yiu typed up there
Re: APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife by EmmySparky(m): 11:42am On Apr 21, 2015
jumobi1:

Guy, since when does a few people's opinion represent the whole of the SE? Our needs aren't always uniform. More so, there is a differnce between want and need. We don't need any top political appointment to thrive. It'll just be dividing the nation if APC goes that route. When PDP didn't give Senate Pres or Speaker to the SW in order to please other zones, some SW leaders weren't happy about it while some where. At the end, the SW thrived and PDP paid the price. And Ok how do you suggest we scrap govs etc without violating the constitution?
bro stop saying that...we need to be represented politically...its just a pity how we igbos voted for a man who didn't care about us...just cos of the hatred for buhari and the fact that jonathan attached an igbo name to his name we see him as one of us...the big mistake was the fact that the whole igbo nation stood behind a looser...if we had spread the votes like buhari wining some states and GEJ wining some ..it wouldn't have been that obvious...but the way it is...I really think anything that happens now expected

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

TOO BAD!!! Ambode Removes Fashola’s Name From List Of Lagos Past Governors / President Buhari Declares Assets After Pressure From Bacanista! / What is The Yoruba Word For Wisdom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.