Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,711 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen (7889 Views)

Reasons Why Tecno And Infinix Find It Difficult To Send OTA Updates / Will There Ever Be A Drop Test Videos For Tecno And Infinix Phones / This is the real reason why Tecno Mobile is The best Phone Brand in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 2:05pm On May 11, 2016
saxby:
Now this is way beyond my power...
"Taps mic and clears throat"

Hi saxby, are you also a rom porter, like some of us here?
Don't be scared, ask for help wherever you are confused or don't seem to understand, and I know someone will definitely lend a helping hand.
I know we have some gurus lurking somewhere in the background, who will be ready to offer an assistance.

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by mosjames: 6:36pm On May 11, 2016
jiggar:

LOL. I will ask for your help, when the time comes.
Hope you will be willing to help?

"Drops mic and leaves"
Why not, if you're willing to pay tongue
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 8:21pm On May 11, 2016
jiggar:
@ koyla, nice work bro, keep it up.
I applied that method you posted concerning changing ueventd in boot.img, and voila, it booted.
Now using Temasek-based-cm13.

Thanks, I appreciate. I just forgot the process I followed, when porting CM13. If not for you, I wouldn't have remembered to use that same method.

A quick one, does the Resurrection Remix have fm radio? I am thinking of porting it this weekend. Thanks.

"Drops mic and leaves"
No no no radio radio but you can try and port radio to it
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 9:33pm On May 11, 2016
koyla:

No no no radio radio but you can try and port radio to it

Are you saying it's possible?
Pls do share how, I am willing to try it. I mean, I have always wondered why the roms are always lacking fm radio.

Also, is it possible to have the "USB mass storage feature"?
The CM12.1, I was using had that nice feature.

" Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 9:39pm On May 11, 2016
jiggar:

Are you saying it's possible?
Pls do share how, I am willing to try it. I mean, I have always wondered why the roms are always lacking fm radio.

Also, is it possible to have the "USB mass storage feature"?
The CM12.1, I was using had that nice feature.

" Drops mic and leaves"
yes, for FM radio, I once ported to minimal os v3(5.1.1)
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 9:41pm On May 11, 2016
USB mass storage possible I will upload beanstalt boot.img for you then you port the kernel and ueventd.rc
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 11:39pm On May 12, 2016
koyla:
USB mass storage possible
I will upload beanstalt boot.img for you then you port the kernel and ueventd.rc

Hi bro, hope you are good?
Anything new for the house?

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 5:55am On May 13, 2016
jiggar:
Hi bro, hope you are good? Anything new for the house?
"Drops mic and leaves"
Hi bro,am good and you? Nothing new for now,just waiting for blisspop v6
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 9:42am On May 13, 2016
koyla:

Hi bro,am good and you? Nothing new for now,just waiting for blisspop v6

Good morning. While waiting for blisspop, why not try Temasek?
It's very nice and smooth.

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by nybol(m): 10:36am On May 13, 2016
Gurus in the house, I hail una ooo. I'm really interested in this thread.
I have a lenovo A850 and would really love to have a lollipop or marshmallow Rom for the phone (even if it's themed).

I've some experience in flashing stock and custom roms but I've really no experience with porting.

It's an MTK 6582 running android 4.2.2 , kernel is 3.4.5
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by nybol(m): 1:53pm On May 13, 2016
nybol:
Gurus in the house, I hail una ooo. I'm really interested in this thread.
I have a lenovo A850 and would really love to have a lollipop or marshmallow Rom for the phone (even if it's themed).
I've some experience in flashing stock and custom roms but I've really no experience with porting.
It's an MTK 6582 running android 4.2.2 , kernel is 3.4.5
Android gurus, I'm still waiting ooo. N.a. beg I dey beg ooo
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 5:39pm On May 13, 2016
nybol:
Android gurus, I'm still waiting ooo. N.a. beg I dey beg ooo

Sorry for the delay in responding to your request. I want to believe everyone was busy, with work or something.
Ok to your request, I did some research for your kernel version, but I haven't come up with anything concrete.

As you must have known, the kernel version I have and maybe some of the guys here, is the one of 3.4.67 while, yours is 3.4.5.
So, just be patient until some of the gurus here, find something for you. On my part, I am still searching for you. I hope you are also searching frantically?

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by barackodam: 5:50pm On May 13, 2016
jiggar:

Sorry for the delay in responding to your request. I want to believe everyone was busy, with work or something.
Ok to your request, I did some research for your kernel version, but I haven't come up with anything concrete.

As you must have known, the kernel version I have and maybe some of the guys here, is the one of 3.4.67 while, yours is 3.4.5.
So, just be patient until some of the gurus here, find something for you. On my part, I am still searching for you. I hope you are also searching frantically?

"Drops mic and leaves"

hi bro, I wish to port the CM 13 to either of my phones
Gionee m3mini MT6735
infinix hot 2 MT6580

both are running lollipop OS. which would be easier for me, and should I start with.
thanks
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 7:39pm On May 13, 2016
barackodam:

Gionee m3mini MT6735
infinix hot 2 MT6580

both are running lollipop OS. which would be easier for me, and should I start with.
thanks

Truth be told, I am more familiar with Mt6582 with kernel 3.4.67, since that's the one on my phone.

So, the best one can do is search for it on google, maybe something might pop up. And believe you me, I am even searching for it as I type this. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 2:15am On May 14, 2016
jiggar:

Good morning. While waiting for blisspop, why not try Temasek?
It's very nice and smooth.

"Drops mic and leaves"

Sure,,,Temasek is nice and smooth but unstable on my device...,now on mokee os6, AICP 11 available too bro
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by nybol(m): 6:17am On May 14, 2016
jiggar:

"Drops mic and leaves"
really appreciate you guys, I'm also searching frantically too. I actually saw one pussyfap Rom v1 on needrom.com but it had too many bugs so I had to revert to vibe ui
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 10:43am On May 14, 2016
koyla:

Sure,,,Temasek is nice and smooth but unstable on my device...,now on mokee os6, AICP 11 available too bro

Yea, AICP just came out, and from the little I read, it's an awesome rom.
I think, I will just wait a bit and see the response it gets, before porting it.

That aside, how good is mokee?

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by 4peace(m): 12:15pm On May 14, 2016
barackodam:

Gionee m3mini MT6735
infinix hot 2 MT6580

thanks

Expand your searching and your shall find.
Check xda for your hot2 its many cm base rom
check here nairaland for m3mini cm base rom on m3mini thread
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 12:21pm On May 14, 2016
jiggar:

Yea, AICP just came out, and from the little I read, it's an awesome rom.
I think, I will just wait a bit and see the response it gets, before porting it.

That aside, how good is mokee?

"Drops mic and leaves"
Good battery backup
messenger force close(sending SMS)
apart from that,all cool
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by barackodam: 5:24pm On May 14, 2016
4peace:

Expand your searching and your shall find.
Check xda for your hot2 its many cm base rom
check here nairaland for m3mini cm base rom on m3mini thread

Thanks, I saw CM12.1 on xda
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Ray1251(m): 11:16pm On May 14, 2016
Hello ported my device 6.0.1 ressurention but sim 1 and 2 are stuck on 3g can not switch to 2g. Pls help
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Hansbireo(m): 9:31am On Jun 17, 2016
Ray1251:
Hello ported my device 6.0.1 ressurention but sim 1 and 2 are stuck on 3g can not switch to 2g. Pls help

Why do you need 2g netspeed.. is it not poor and it charges more. #observed
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by kolexepana: 11:07am On Jun 17, 2016
Who cyanogen epp
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by nestic(m): 7:19pm On Jun 17, 2016
all this better developers.... abeg make una help.. i wanted to upgrade my tecno l7 to marshmallow (6.0). but my tecno l7 doesn't support sd card... i tried different methods but it kept saying "can't mount sd card"....NL devs make una help me with solutions oh
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by busoye19: 7:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
Gurus on this thread. Any hope for kitkat or lollipop custom rom for Tecno phantom z?
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by nestic(m): 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
nestic:
all this better developers.... abeg make una help.. i wanted to upgrade my tecno l7 to marshmallow (6.0). but my tecno l7 doesn't support sd card... i tried different methods but it kept saying "can't mount sd card"....NL devs make una help me with solutions oh
devs make una help oh
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Clinton594(m): 12:33am On Jun 18, 2016
Hello guys, I am a web developer and i have only a limited knowledge on Android softwares -- just on the flashing and rooting level.

I have this tecno l8 that just removed one of the best features I love in my phones..... The USB mass storage I use in connecting to my devices. Is it possible I could get a ROM with that feature attached.

I hail all the super devs on this thread.

Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by awofe20(m): 4:27am On Jun 18, 2016
I nd custom rom 4 Tecno j8
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
Clinton594:
Hello guys, I am a web developer and i have only a limited knowledge on Android softwares -- just on the flashing and rooting level.

I have this tecno l8 that just removed one of the best features I love in my phones..... The USB mass storage I use in connecting to my devices. Is it possible I could get a ROM with that feature attached.

Welcome to the thread.

About the USB mass storage you wrote about, I for one, missed it also. Before the coming of lollipop and marshmallow, I usually play my music, from my phone connected to my radio, via the USB method.

But, unfortunately, Google did away with it. So you have to make do with MTP.
Search more on google to understand, why it was dropped.

Thanks and enjoy your phone.

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by swisscarter(m): 7:22am On Jun 19, 2016
Using cm13 with Android N preview.... #DeepDarkness theme...✔✔✔

Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 6:04am On Jun 30, 2016
RESURRECTION REMIX 5.7.0

Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Thollu01(m): 6:12am On Jun 30, 2016
*How to fix the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped error* | *XtremeTechHub*| http://www.xtremetechhub.com/2016/06/how-to-fix-process-comgoogleprocessgapp.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairalanders, Which Good Phone Can I Buy With 30k To 35k / 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy The Infinix Hot 2 / Hidden Secret Of Mtn monthly Whatsapp Subscription

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.