Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,709 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen (7889 Views)

Reasons Why Tecno And Infinix Find It Difficult To Send OTA Updates / Will There Ever Be A Drop Test Videos For Tecno And Infinix Phones / This is the real reason why Tecno Mobile is The best Phone Brand in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 8:58pm On May 08, 2016
jiggar:

"Taps mic and clears throat"

I want to believe this is what you mean?

"Drops mic and leaves"
Well what do you know, it really is Android 6.0. Kudos bro.
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 9:12pm On May 08, 2016
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Well what do you know, it really is Android 6.0. Kudos bro.

Well, it wasn't easy for the guys that built it. I never thought they could pull it off, but they eventually did.

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Nsonaso(m): 9:56pm On May 08, 2016
jiggar:

Well, it wasn't easy for the guys that built it. I never thought they could pull it off, but they eventually did.

"Drops mic and leaves"
Dude is not Android 6, is themed and build.prop edit. You can't port from higher SDK to a lower SDK.

Or is it not your H6 KitKat library file you REPLACED?
OR is it not your H6 KitKat etc file you replaced?
OR is it not your H6 KitKat boot image you edited in the porting?

If you use Android 4.4.2 library to replace Android 6 library, your device will not boot at all. Your device was able to boot because the ROM you're porting from and your stock ROM are on the same SDK level.

If you don't know something too well, you allow people who knows to explain to you better. Nobody is an island of knowledge.

Once you use KitKat library file to port, the ROM automatically becomes KitKat in disguise (KitKat in new Package) because you can't use KitKat library to port ROM of higher SDK.

If it is possible to port from higher SDK to lower, nobody will be needing manufacturer to release her Kernel Source Code.

Every body will be running the latest Android version from the day one of its official public release and Apple will not be raising shoulder for Google that their latest OS runs on 98% of Apple devices while only 4% of Android device that runs latest Android version.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by swisscarter(m): 10:17pm On May 08, 2016
Nsonaso thats cm13 on mt6582, i know cause i have a friend who uses primo gh2/gionee p4, and android 6.0 should have sdk version of 23, Jiggar please drop the screen shot of your build.prop showing your sdk version, that should clear nsonaso's doubt AND P.S YOU CANT EDIT SDK VERSION IN BUILD.PROP, IT WOULD LEAD TO FC OF MANY SYSTEM APPS AND THAT WOULD EVENTUALLY LEAD TO BOOT LOOP and i also know a themed rom through its SDK version.
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 10:40pm On May 08, 2016
swisscarter:
Nsonaso thats cm13 on mt6582, i know cause i have a friend who uses primo gh2/gionee p4, and android 6.0 should have sdk version of 23, Jiggar please drop the screen shot of your build.prop showing your sdk version, that should clear nsonaso's doubt AND P.S YOU CANT EDIT SDK VERSION IN BUILD.PROP, IT WOULD LEAD TO FC OF MANY SYSTEM APPS AND THAT WOULD EVENTUALLY LEAD TO BOOT LOOP and i also know a themed rom through its SDK version.
Wow, some of these things you guys are mentioning, are almost new to me.
I am happy this page is here, because I am learning new things from the gurus here.

I believe, we are all here to learn one thing or two.
However, here is the build.prop you requested for.

"Drops mic and leaves"

Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by BluePearls(m): 11:56pm On May 08, 2016
Hmm..interesting thread
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by swisscarter(m): 1:11am On May 09, 2016
jiggar:

Wow, some of these things you guys are mentioning, are almost new to me.
I am happy this page is here, because I am learning new things from the gurus here.

I believe, we are all here to learn one thing or two.
However, here is the build.prop you requested for.

"Drops mic and leaves"
Well there we have it...@the line ro.build.version.sdk=23 settles it, that rom is a pure cyanogen mod 13 and not a themed rom
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 9:37am On May 09, 2016
swisscarter:
Well there we have it...@the line ro.build.version.sdk=23 settles it, that rom is a pure cyanogen mod 13 and not a themed rom

Good morning all and sundry, hope we all had a nice weekend?
@ swisscarter, I learnt something from you yesterday. I never knew that, tampering with some parts of build.prop could lead to some serious problems.

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by mosjames: 3:02pm On May 09, 2016
jiggar:

@ swisscarter, I learnt something from you yesterday. I never knew that, tampering with some parts of build.prop could lead to some serious problems.

"Drops mic and leaves"
Your mic go soon spoil.

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 09, 2016
bulldoza:

That's a big lie
These Mtk phones are used everywhere: China, Usa, India, South Africa etc.
My cousin bought 4 tecno phones last year to USA.
Go to XDA developer forum, you'll understand better.

Tecno phones don't support USA bands. Don't just spew trash here

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 3:28pm On May 09, 2016
mosjames:

Your mic go soon spoil.

LOL. I will ask for your help, when the time comes.
Hope you will be willing to help?

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by swisscarter(m): 3:31pm On May 09, 2016
jiggar:

"Drops mic and leaves"
Yea...tampering with build.prop is also fun (if you know what you are doing)
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Collinz2(m): 3:49pm On May 09, 2016
swisscarter:
Yea...tampering with build.prop is also fun (if you know what you are doing)
it has alot of tweakz but there was a day i was editing it and my phone switch off when i charge and power on the phone brick.
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 09, 2016
ollah1:

Tecno phones don't support USA bands. Don't just spew trash here
OLODO

EVERY PHONE YOU BUY IN NIGERIA WILL WORK EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. AS LONG AS THERE GSM OPERATOR IN THAT COUNTRY.

WHAT YOUR OLODO HEAD MEAN IS CDMA LIKE T-MOBILE...
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 09, 2016
bulldoza:

OLODO

EVERY PHONE YOU BUY IN NIGERIA WILL WORK EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. AS LONG AS THERE GSM OPERATOR IN THAT COUNTRY.

WHAT YOUR OLODO HEAD MEAN IS CDMA LIKE T-MOBILE...

I don hear
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 7:03pm On May 09, 2016
Very Very Possible with 3.4.67 kernel

Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 7:31pm On May 09, 2016

@koyla, very nice. Is it ported just like mine?

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 7:42pm On May 09, 2016
jiggar:

@koyla, very nice. Is it ported just like mine?

"Drops mic and leaves"
Yes bro...ported like yours and this is Resurrection Remix 5.6.7 marshmallow (6.0.1)
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Ray1251(m): 8:58pm On May 09, 2016
Guys I have been trying to port to 5.1.1 from 4.4.2 but it always get stuck in boot face...tryed editing boot.IMG and replace files in lib but still no solution pls help me my ogas.
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 9:24pm On May 09, 2016
Ray1251:
Guys I have been trying to port to 5.1.1 from 4.4.2 but it always get stuck in boot face...tryed editing boot.IMG and replace files in lib but still no solution pls help me my ogas.
you should make sure port(5.1.1) kernel version should be same as stock(4.4.2) kernel version, if correct, try not to replace ueventd in boot.img
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 10:03pm On May 09, 2016
koyla:

Yes bro...ported like yours and this is Resurrection Remix 5.6.7 marshmallow (6.0.1)

Wow nice!. I tried porting it, but it won't boot pass the resurrection boot logo.
What do you think could have gone wrong or better still how did you port yours, if you don't mind?

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 10:30pm On May 09, 2016
jiggar:

Wow nice!. I tried porting it, but it won't boot pass the resurrection boot logo.
What do you think could have gone wrong or better still how did you port yours, if you don't mind?

"Drops mic and leaves"
Yes bro,porting the boot.img is always more critical to deal with, don't temper with it too much.
here are two options.
1.only replace kernel from stock.
2.only replace kernel and ueventd from stock.

for me...option 1 helps me to boot.
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 11:31pm On May 09, 2016
koyla:

Yes bro,porting the boot.img is always more critical to deal with, don't temper with it too much.
here are two options.
1.only replace kernel from stock.
2.only replace kernel and ueventd from stock.

for me...option 1 helps me to boot.

Ok, I think that could be where the issues are coming from.
Thanks for the heads-up, I will try your method and see how it goes.

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Ray1251(m): 11:46pm On May 09, 2016
Do u mean after I unzip the boot.IMG,,,,I have tried that but it only boot if I replace the entire boot.IMG from stock to port....
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 6:00am On May 10, 2016
Ray1251:
Do u mean after I unzip the boot.IMG,,,,I have tried that but it only boot if I replace the entire boot.IMG from stock to port....
What tool do you use to port the boot.img?
And if still options 1 and 2 still gets you into bootloop or stuck at bootlogo, replace libMali.so from stock lib folder to port lib folder.
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Ray1251(m): 4:55pm On May 10, 2016
I use kitchen
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 6:31pm On May 10, 2016
Ray1251:
I use kitchen
OK so do you get pass the boot animation?
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by Ray1251(m): 6:12am On May 11, 2016
Nop it on and off by its self .only shows the Infinix after 5 seconds it restart........it only bootup when I replaced the entire boot.IMG from another Ron cm12 DAT was working for me..
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 6:35am On May 11, 2016
Ray1251:
Nop it on and off by its self .only shows the Infinix after 5 seconds it restart........it only bootup when I replaced the entire boot.IMG from another Ron cm12 DAT was working for me..
yeah but you can try using apktool for the boot.img porting and since you already have a working boot.img, there is no need though my cm12.1 boot.img can't boot up cm13 based ROMs unless I port.
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by koyla: 6:41am On May 11, 2016
latest resurrection remix v5.6.8 by ajit Marshmallow (6.0.1) for mt6582 devices

Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by jiggar(m): 10:02am On May 11, 2016
@ koyla, nice work bro, keep it up.
I applied that method you posted concerning changing ueventd in boot.img, and voila, it booted.
Now using Temasek-based-cm13.

Thanks, I appreciate. I just forgot the process I followed, when porting CM13. If not for you, I wouldn't have remembered to use that same method.

A quick one, does the Resurrection Remix have fm radio? I am thinking of porting it this weekend. Thanks.

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen by saxby(f): 12:50pm On May 11, 2016
Now this is way beyond my power...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hidden Secret Of Mtn monthly Whatsapp Subscription / If You Didn't Use Or Know This Device, You're An Indomitable Generation / How To Create An Ebook On Your Android Phone(.epub)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.