Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Top 10 TV Series To Watch - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 10 TV Series To Watch (10541 Views)

5 Tv Series To Watch Now That Game Of Thrones Has Ended / Top 10 TV Fictional Geniuses / My Top 10 TV Villains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 TV Series To Watch by freeman191(m): 9:49am On Apr 21, 2015
Nigeria is a huge market for movies, every year, thousands if not millions of foreign films find their way into Nigeria, from different countries, be it Chinese, American, India, Korean, Philippians etc. Personally am a movie freak, started watching movies at an early age, but I must confess I have a lot of preference for foreign movies, I hardly watch local movies, unless it is extremely well produced like October 1 etc.
Presently I can’t recommend any local TV series, not an ardent follower of any local series, but this post is to share my top TV series I have watched which I also recommend for you to watch.

So are the top 10 TV series to watch in no particular order.

24 hours
What!!! a movie, I have never and I repeat never re-watched a TV series I have seen before, but after watching season 1 to season 8, I started all over again to watch the complete seasons, before finally watching season 9 online. I really over enjoyed this TV series, in terms of acting, suspense, reality, action it got everything right, it was a master piece.
24 hours TV series is very extremely popular, if not the most popular TV series in my local country; even children are familiar with the lead actor name Jack Bauer. If you love action and you want to be entertained then I recommend 24hours TV series for you to watch.

Jumong
On getting to a friend’s place, I saw him cuddled up in front of his 50inch TV, watching jumong with so much keen interest, I really wondered what’s the fuss about this movie, until I also tried the drug, immediately I was addicted and from there I fell in love with Korean series.
Jumong is a story of a prince although not a true prince, who later becomes the founder of a nation, the series takes you through, love, betrayal, honor, forgiveness, loyalty all in one movie. The TV series is from season 1 to 9, and also a concluding part from season 1 to 4 named kingdom of the winds.

Hustle
I know a lot of people will not like this movie because of what it symbolizes, but all in all it’s a great TV series to watch, its plots take a lot of creativity and imagination, with a lot of great acting. The TV Series is from season 1 to 8. Hustle is a British TV series and you will be introduced to the world of Micky Stones, the world greatest grafter.

House of Cards
I recently watched this American version, and I really loved it, if you are a mature movie lover, you will enjoy this, but this kind of movie is not meant for everyone, because it’s not your typical action nor comedy movie, it is a movie about real power, power play and how to play a dirty game to become the most powerful man on earth. The TV series is from season 1 to season 3.

Naruto
Naruto is the best manga TV series I have ever watched, believe me far better than most normal TV series, it has a lot of interesting plots and characters, and if you are lover of great story line and great fighting scenes, you will love this. During my NYSC in 2008 I was introduced to Naruto by a friend, and since then, I still read the comic version online, until the series officially ended in November 2014, but the TV series is still airing, which I follow religiously every week, and believe me, millions of people worldwide watch Naruto. If you have not joined the train, I sincerely encourage you to.

King Gwanggaeto the great
I had to choose between three great Korean movie in order to select this one, this was far superior, yes another Korean movie, but this TV series shows the life, struggle of one of the greatest men in Korean history, he ruled a particular kingdom named Gorguyeo for over 22yrs. What I love about most Korean historical movies, they don’t preach fairy tale, they show you the hardship they went through in order to achieve their dreams, they are committed to their dreams, and are willing to wait and fight for it.
I have seen a lot of great Korean movies but for this list, I just want to limit it to 2, soldier – God of war is also a great TV series to watch.

True Blood
Yes there a lot of great vampire/werewolf movies out there, but I think I will choose this over vampire diaries, the originals, teen wolf. True blood has a lot of in depth in terms of plots and suspense compared to vampire diaries or others, I really enjoyed the TV series, although very graphical when it comes to sexual content, but all in all, it’s a great TV series to watch, and you will definitely not be bored.

Prison Break
Prison break is an extremely popular film in my home country, especially among the female fans because of the lead actor, but all in all, prison break is a long seasonal movie that will captivate you from season 1, especially t-bag’s role, it has a lot of plots and interesting twists, that makes it a good movie to watch.

The Sopranos
If you are looking for one of the best Italian mafia TV series to watch, I recommend the sopranos, filled with suspense and intrigue, and a lot of interesting characters and scenes to keep you glued to the screen. It’s from season 1 to season 6.

Desperate Housewives
Sincerely I never thought I will enjoy nor even watch this TV series, but out of boredom and no other available TV Series to watch at that time, I just felt let me try season 1, how bad can it be, well it was simply fabulous and interesting, under a week I was already in season 4, until I reached season 8 the final season, I didn’t watch any other movie.

So there we have it, although there are a lot of great TV series worth mentioning on my list, but I had to limit it to 10, but one thing I know, you won’t regret watching any of the TV series listed here.

Source: top10ng.com/top-10-tv-series-to-watch/

1 Like

Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by siegfried99(m): 10:39am On Apr 21, 2015
If Game of thrones is not on ur list, then ur list is void grin

13 Likes

Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by freeman191(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2015
siegfried99:
If Game of thrones is not on ur list, then ur list is void grin
Game of thrones is also good, but i can have seen better tv series better that Game of thrones.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by Odkboy23(m): 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2015
Game of thrones is good but overhyped.....nice list op.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by siegfried99(m): 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
freeman191:

Game of thrones is also good, but i can have seen better tv series better that Game of thrones.

Okay that's cool
Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by Petmac(m): 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
where is castle??
Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by ammyluv2002(f): 12:27am On Apr 23, 2015
Odkboy23:
Game of thrones is good but overhyped.....nice list op.
Thank you! So over hyped especially Season 5

1 Like

Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by encryptjay(m): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2015
From your list, I'd pick 24,Naruto,Prison break and Sopranoes.
Desperate housewives? Like seriously!
Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by dubylhover(m): 4:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
op,suits,scandal,breaking bad,dallas,homeland etc need to b there,yu madv a nice list but whats jumong doing there na?i agree with you about got just being a good series but there are better series.
Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by Rolax: 10:13am On Apr 26, 2015
24 and prison break were my two best TV series until I saw BREAKING BAD.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by safarigirl(f): 4:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
@OP......what about Empire? Based on hype, Empire, Game of Thrones and Vampire Diaries ought to make your list

1 Like

Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 27, 2015
Whomever compiled this list is an amateur. He or she doesn't know a damn thing about quality television. The only high points of the lists were The Sopranos, House Of Cards, and 24. The rest... crapola redefined.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by chellsee: 7:46am On Apr 27, 2015
Mine are:
Suits
Scandal
Person of Interest
House of cards
The Blacklist
TVD
Game of Thrones
Teenwolf
The Originals
Arrow
Empire
Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
My list iz
1. Breaking bad ... D reality in dis movie is mind blowing
2. The sopranos ... Real Italian mafia movie
3. Game of thrones... D storey line is crazy...
4. Homeland ... D intelligence is real... Epic stuff
5. Walking dead... Best zombie movie Eva

Those are my top 5.... Sum of d series u guys put is sad undecided ... Lyk wat are u thinking

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 TV Series To Watch by SOMICMACPHERSON: 1:47am On Jan 08, 2018
Do you get me well?...

Here come the best deals, on this web post, is the best TV Shows and TV Series latest update for both end of 2017 and the present 2018 Entertainment Update, providing you with the show direct download links which are free for your Entertainment and pleasure...

http://www.earthprex.com/tv-show-top-tv-series-2018-best/

(1) (Reply)

Fast And Furious 7: Download And Watch The Full Hd Movie / Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos / Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina Accuses Irokotv Of “swings” Copyright Infringement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.