Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:49 AM

Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. (32500 Views)

Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) / Lagos Threatens To Seize Trucks Between 6am And 9pm / Ladipo Market Crisis Deepens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 11:13am On Apr 21, 2015
shizzleStar:
DemdeMad why don't you go and impose the baba oloja yourself and make them conform?. Hopeless monkey

Shizzlefool, am no stakeholder over there. If I am, baba oloja would have been a must. Enough of all these indiscipline.

12 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

The kind of discipline current leaders aren't giving. Are they the only market in Lagos, how come is everyday trouble. Records have shown that markets with baba oloja are peaceful. Ladipo needs one urgently.
The government will look into the situation. Baba Oloja's power is beyond the situation.

Thank you!
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Texcoco(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2015
Setaje:
I've been saying it and nobody is listening to me. Ladipo market and computer village is gonna be relocated. Alaba market is gonna be shut down completely using piracy as an excuse. Ladipo also is a residential area same as computer village. It's all gonna happen when ambode assumes office.

If you want to make honey,you don't drive out the bees out of political vendetta?? If Ambode decides to reduce the revenue profile of his State and LGs that is his funeral but what is clear is that the igbo traders are market creators and will go elsewhere to create another booming economic micro-climate......It never keeps getting better for these business men.

3 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

grin grin in ur wildest day dream

No peace in Ladipo then.
Baba oloja is the only panacea to the daily madness there.

5 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Mynd44: 11:15am On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

Mushin local govt with conjunction with Mushin land owners and traditional leaders within that jurisdiction should impose on Ladipo, baba oloja.
Who told you Ladipo does not have a representative at the council of the traditional rulers of Mushin?

We are talking of a break down of law and order here not collection of customary tolls. This is government territory not traditional rulers
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 11:16am On Apr 21, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
The government will look into the situation. Baba Oloja's power is beyond the situation.

Thank you!

Demdem:

Records have shown that markets with baba oloja are peaceful. Ladipo needs one urgently.

The cheapest and effective way is the baba oloja route. This is my advise to Fashola/Ambode.

5 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Mynd44: 11:17am On Apr 21, 2015
Setaje:
I've been saying it and nobody is listening to me. Ladipo market and computer village is gonna be relocated. Alaba market is gonna be shut down completely using piracy as an excuse. Ladipo also is a residential area same as computer village. It's all gonna happen when ambode assumes office.

Back off a little....how is computer village and Alaba sitting in residential zones? Have you been to Computer village before? That place is a trade zone abeg.

Go away with your conspiracy theories
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by superstar1(m): 11:20am On Apr 21, 2015
We will shut the market and nothing will happen. No be today.

They will still come back with their Ohaneze, Govs and Aka Ikenga pleading with us to re-open it.

Just wait and see.

14 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 11:21am On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:

Who told you Ladipo does not have a representative at the council of the traditional rulers of Mushin?

But they still lack baba oloja right, don't they?

We are talking of a break down of law and order here not collection of customary tolls. This is government territory not traditional rulers

Baba olojas also play roles in securing their markets and instilling discipline which this market badly lack. It's called local policing and even the NPF will encourage this. Tolls will also be collected afterall baba oloja must chop for doing a good job of securing peace. grin

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

Naughty Ibos causing problem in yoruba land.
The only solution is to impose baba oloja on them to make them conform.

4 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 21, 2015
superstar1:

They will still come back with their Ohaneze, Govs and Aka Ikenga pleading with us to re-open it.

Just wait and see.
you are talking as if you are the person that will shut it, do you know how much a store costs? Ode

2 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Setaje(f): 11:26am On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:

Back off a little....how is computer village and Alaba sitting in residential zones? Have you been to Computer village before? That place is a trade zone abeg.

Oga it's not my conspiracy theory as I have been hearing it for sometime. Yesterday most yoruba genre entertainers matched to government office and Fashola addressed them. From what I heard they want the total closure of Alaba market cus of piracy. That's the root cause. So I am not making up stories.

As for computer village and Ladipo. The master plan of lagos state shows that those areas are residential. This is not the first time such issue is coming up. There have been plans to relocate them for a long time for some reason, it was quenched. Only for it t o resurface again. Lagos State government plans to follow the master plan of lagos. By doing that a lot of businesses will be affected. Houses will go too. I heard from a reliable source hence I have been voicing out. So please this is beyond conspiracy.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by superstar1(m): 11:29am On Apr 21, 2015
customized13:
you are talking as if you are the person that will shut it, do you know how much a store costs? Ode

I don't do 2by2inches container store, sho gbo apprentice, oponu afofungbemu omo alainiran.

The market will be shut and heavens will not fall. No be today.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 11:32am On Apr 21, 2015
[quote author=customized13 post=32949561][/quote]

Baba Oloja to the rescue

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by shizzleStar: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

Shizzlefool, am no stakeholder over there. If I am, baba oloja would have been a must. Enough of all these indiscipline.
Demdemad why don't you just STFU since you can't do more than a dead rat?

3 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by superstar1(m): 11:33am On Apr 21, 2015
Setaje:

Oga it's not my conspiracy theory as I have been hearing it for sometime. Yesterday most yoruba genre entertainers matched to government office and Fashola addressed them. From what I heard they want the total closure of Alaba market cus of piracy. That's the root cause. So I am not making up stories.

As for computer village and Ladipo. The master plan of lagos state shows that those areas are residential. This is not the first time such issue is coming up. There have been plans to relocate them for a long time for some reason, it was quenched. Only for it t o resurface again. Lagos State government plans to follow the master plan of lagos. By doing that a lot of businesses will be affected. Houses will go too. I heard from a reliable source hence I have been voicing out. So please this is beyond conspiracy.

Is it a crime if we close a market notorious for its piracy?

Is it a sin if we shut down markets that do not conform with the mega city plans of Lagos, just because we want some wandering descendants of Cain to be happy?

The same people that are hostile to foreigners on their own land. Naaaaa.

We will go ahead and nothing will happen. Peter "Adaobi" can run into Jonah's wrapper at Otuoke once more.

17 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:33am On Apr 21, 2015
superstar1:

Just wait and see.
Do you want Mushin LG chairman and his boys to go hungry? No one is shutting any market ogbeni. grin grin

Nothing dey happen! Ko si weyrey! cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Mynd44: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2015
superstar1:

I don't do 2by2inches container store, sho gbo apprentice, oponu afofungbemu omo alainiran.

The market will be shut and heavens will not fall. No be today.
People like you are the reason why locking markets over sanitary or violence issues gets turned into a tribal thing.

4 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 11:35am On Apr 21, 2015
shizzleStar:
Demdemad why don't you just STFU since you can't do more than a dead rat?

Shizzlefool, can ur papa do more than a mad goat?

2 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by superstar1(m): 11:36am On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:

People like you are the reason why locking markets over sanitary or violence issues gets turned into a tribal thing.

Do I care?
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Ib0t0t0deysmell: 11:36am On Apr 21, 2015
I don laff tire. Heebo people and their wahala

11 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:

That is untrue......most of the streets on computer village were Residential.....tell me any street in Computer Village that was a business or trading zone 15 years ago....

The closest business zone to that place is Agindigbi...

16 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by superstar1(m): 11:37am On Apr 21, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Do you want Mushin LG chairman and his boys to go hungry? No one is shutting any market ogbeni. grin grin

Sincerely, if they do not get their acts together by shunning the act of violence, it will be shut.

I am telling you based on reliable sources.

4 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:37am On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:

Tell them o!
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by abu12: 11:37am On Apr 21, 2015
the Oba of lagos and lagos govt shld quickly intervene and settle the issue, because those people fighting will scare aware foriengn 4rm lagos. Lagos state shld not tolerate lawlessness

2 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Mynd44: 11:38am On Apr 21, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

If the Mushin LG does not curb this and it gets to a point where they have to involved the state government, he will lose more than revenue for the 1-2 weeks the LG will have closed the market for because the state government does not play with issues like this.

And yes if this continues, they might close it. They need to sit down and settle this issue and stop fighting.

The guys at Ikeja used to think they could not be touched even though they are on the same street as the local government secretariat until they state government threatened to move in.

That's when the local government put a little sanity to the place

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Mynd44: 11:40am On Apr 21, 2015
superstar1:

Do I care?
Apparently you don't

But I do
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:41am On Apr 21, 2015
superstar1:

Sincerely, if they do not get their acts together by shunning the act of violence, it will be shut.

I am telling you based on reliable sources.
Ogbeni, Ladipo can never be shut! Do you know how much the government generates from that market?

The problem can be easily resolved since the warring factions are Igbos. This is why I said it does not concern Baba Oloja.

I will also advise the Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo in Lagos to look into the matter since it has to do with igbos.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Setaje(f): 11:42am On Apr 21, 2015
superstar1:

Is it a crime if we close a market notorious for its piracy?

Is it a sin if we shut down markets that do not conform with the mega city plans of Lagos, just because we want some wandering descendants of Cain to be happy?

The same people that are hostile to foreigners on their own land. Naaaaa.

We will go ahead and nothing will happen. Peter "Adaobi" can run into Jonah's wrapper at Otuoke once more.

Was actually told about this four days ago. It could be a rumour. But we cannot discard it cus it's not the first time such issue will come up. I think 2 years ago, Fashola talked about computer village. How the original plan for that area is residential. The fact that the roads on that axis are being constructed and also leads to other link roads. Well, I just feel before the government embark on such thing, they should create another place just like they did in tejuosho. But..........

2 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 11:43am On Apr 21, 2015
The day Baba Oloja takes possession of Ladipo, PERMANENT peace will be restored to the market

4 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 11:43am On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:

Apparently you don't

But I do

Do u av a shop there?

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Mynd44: 11:45am On Apr 21, 2015
ilugunboy:

That is untrue......most of the streets on computer village were Residential.....tell me any street in Computer Village that was a business or trading zone 15 years ago....

The closest business zone to that place is Agindigbi...
A district can be changed from a trading to residential or from residential to trading or even to an industrial zone.

Would you call Awolowo road a residential zone right now? Forget what it used to be. You think the Ikeja local government is about to give themselves headache and loss of revenue because they want to change a residential zone which was changed to a trading zone back to residential because some online tribal bigots want to wave their joysticks?

That area has been converted into a trading zone and the best the government can do is instil the laws attached to trading zones

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG May Slash Civil Servants’ Salaries, Merge Agencies To Cut Cost / Army Denies Withdrawal Of Soldiers From Abia - EGWU EKE II Commences Tomorrow / #chatham House: Kwankwaso's Response On Stepping Down For Obi (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.