Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Armed Robbers Supported Me - "The Traveller" Suleiman Hashimu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armed Robbers Supported Me - "The Traveller" Suleiman Hashimu (1379 Views)

Suleiman Hashimu To Trek For Buhari Again / Hashimu Suleiman Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal / Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Robbers Supported Me - "The Traveller" Suleiman Hashimu by japsyvic(m): 10:40am On Apr 21, 2015
Suleiman Hashimu, will no doubt enter the Guiness Book of Record as the first man to trek from Lagos to Abuja.
‘The Traveller,’ as he is now been called, had vowed to walk from Lagos to Abuja if Muhammadu Buhari won the 2015 presidential election.
Hashimu arrived Abuja yesterday evening after trekking for over three weeks.
Hashimu, a native of Katsina State, said he was in Lagos when Buhari was announced the president-elect of Nigeria, so he left Lagos at about 5am the next day and arrived in Ibadan around 6pm.
Narrating his ordeal to newsmen upon his arrival in Abuja, Hashimu said he had gone to get a police report at Ibadan to allow for an unimpeded journey, but that as he could not wait for the processes to be completed, the divisional police officer (DPO) gave him his phone number.

The journey man said when he first embarked on the journey, many persons discouraged him, especially family members but he never gave up.

He told journalists that in Ilorin, people accompanied him for several miles until he stopped at Oloru, where he received much hospitality in Jebba. He said unlike other villages, he met people who had heard of him.

He further explained that about 20 people set off with him from Jebba and after some miles, 18 turned back, but the other two were more strong-minded and followed him.

The Traveller narrated how they encountered armed robbers close to Mokwa, but that, fortunately, he had already met one of them in Jebba and the would-be robber ended up giving him N200 for ‘pure’ (sachet) water.

Hashimu said he continued his trip from Mokwa to Kudu, then from Kutigi to Bida, and then to Suleja, after which arrived in Abuja yesterday.
Upon his arrival in Abuja on Monday, many residents were already waiting to receive him.
When residents of FCT saw him, the chorus of Sai Buhari rented the air
Unconfirmed report said a top politician had already paid for a room in Transcorp Hilton where he would lodge.
www.thewizjapsy..com

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Supported Me - "The Traveller" Suleiman Hashimu by derrick333(m): 10:50am On Apr 21, 2015
Welldon!!! He will b d prospective adviser on trecking
Re: Armed Robbers Supported Me - "The Traveller" Suleiman Hashimu by Babprosper20(m): 10:50am On Apr 21, 2015
ok
Re: Armed Robbers Supported Me - "The Traveller" Suleiman Hashimu by CharlesPhc: 10:59am On Apr 21, 2015
The line in Red shows how the trekking man walked from Lagos to Abuja in 21 days. Buhari was declared winner on the 30th of March and the very next day was 31st of March.

Re: Armed Robbers Supported Me - "The Traveller" Suleiman Hashimu by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 21, 2015
ok wakaman
Re: Armed Robbers Supported Me - "The Traveller" Suleiman Hashimu by kayode27: 11:01am On Apr 21, 2015
@op

So your source is a .com free domain.

And you want smart people to take you & your news seriously.
Re: Armed Robbers Supported Me - "The Traveller" Suleiman Hashimu by japsyvic(m): 11:11am On Apr 21, 2015
Re: Armed Robbers Supported Me - "The Traveller" Suleiman Hashimu by PassingShot(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2015
Good job brother!
Re: Armed Robbers Supported Me - "The Traveller" Suleiman Hashimu by efilefun(m): 11:27am On Apr 21, 2015
he finally made a name

(1) (Reply)

General Muhammadu Okechukwu Buhari The Ogbuagu (PHOTO) / Photo: GBM & HRH. MOMOH At The Juma'at Service In Auchi Today / Buhari Abandons World Leaders At Inauguration Lunch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.