Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,989 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID (40134 Views)

Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens / Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Interview Of A 21 Year Old Covenant University First Class Female Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by MacMaster01(m): 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
shyna01:

congratulations
I also know someone from CU currently a beneficiary of the scheme.... and I also know a couple first class graduates from CU who didn't wait for their opportunity to be part of the scheme but flew out for masters immediately (some before NYSC self).
kudos once again.
oh thanks a lot n that's gd to know
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by alentyno: 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
sifo:
If covenant had just 11 on d list then they must have been misinformed to say dey dominated. I counted 13 awardees from UNIBEN on dat list, and there might be some who I don't know.
please could you kindly mention their names or better still list their serial numbers on the list?
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by kenex4ever(m): 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
hustla:

Pure undiluted Beef
'Those Rich Kids'
Kai!

grin
Bro am nt poor,
It's just a way of clarification
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by femochi99(m): 10:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
OAU 2.1 = CU 1st Class lipsrsealed
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
And d owner just happns to b d president's ally? JustSaying
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by sifo: 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by MacMaster01(m): 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
sifo:

Can't do that without their consent on a public forum like this. Am a awardee and I finished from Uniben so I'm sure of wat am saying.
fellow scholar congrats bro smiley
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by MacMaster01(m): 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
femochi99:
do u feel consoled? cry

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 22, 2015
femochi99:
Ohhh honey grin
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by alentyno: 4:43am On Apr 23, 2015
sifo:

Can't do that without their consent on a public forum like this. Am a awardee and I finished from Uniben so I'm sure of wat am saying.
ok. Goodluck in your endeavours
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by TheRealAdonye(m): 5:13am On Apr 23, 2015
POW!!
hustla:

Kindly keep quiet, you do not seem learned
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by eyinjuege: 8:25am On Apr 23, 2015
illiad:
What some of us don't understand is that our lecturers in federal universities are largely sadists who always sees the cups as half empty unlike their counterparts at the private universities who sees the cups as half filled.

And that is all that makes the difference.

There are millions of first class would have been students at our federal and state universities if only the evil machinations of our school authorities and depth of hell heart of most our lecturers are not there to render them to degraded pass marks.

You are so correct!!!. Some proudly say the last time a first class came from their dept was like in 1992 or something. Some first class students are deliberately scored lower than what they deserve!
Then talk about lecturers that go for "settlement" in cash or kind. Some of our lecturers have messed up the
govt owned unis. Students are made to believe they can get away with good grades provided they have the money or the right gender.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by ABEngine(m): 8:29am On Apr 23, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Federal universities cannot do as well as covenant because they are not well funded.

After all...when you pay N45,000 per annum...you get a N45,000 education. When you pay N500000 per annum...naturally the quality goes up.

If you want your federal unis to do well....pay higher fees for good facilities, and even better lecturers. Or get your government to find an extra N10 trillion naira in the next few years.

You wish! On the average, I made a payment of N26500 in five years of an engineering degree pursuit trust me, qualitatively and economically the Federal Institutions are better. Put a thorough-bred FUTOITE on the hot seat anytime of the day and thou shall be amazed at his distinguished performance amongst his Private University peers. I still got one first class dude here with a very poor attitude to work, high level of pride and zero productivity to say the least.

May I remind us that one's success in academics is simply a function of effort and not the huge sums carted to these institutions of learning.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by MoyoGENERAL: 9:06am On Apr 23, 2015
Covenant University topped 3rd Edition PRESSID List?
HOW?

The last time I checked UNIVERSITY OF BENIN had at least 12 First Class graduates on that List!

Sometimes I wonder where these guys get there information from!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by ilori1930(m): 9:29am On Apr 23, 2015
MoyoGENERAL:
Covenant University topped 3rd Edition PRESSID List?
HOW?

The last time I checked UNIVERSITY OF BENIN had at least 12 First Class graduates on that List!

Sometimes I wonder where these guys get there information from!

I wonder o. I also counted 12 of UNIBEN graduates on that list. I don't know how CU tops the list. Maybe they have 20 of their graduates as benefiaries undecided

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by ilori1930(m): 9:59am On Apr 23, 2015
kuss:
The way nairalander are hating private universities their generation may not be able to attend one. It's not a curse, what you despise you don't attract
What you hate you repel
It's a simple law of nature.

I believe God that my children Will attend private university, cu in particular then go abroad for Masters.
So shall it be in Jesus name
I believe God that Nigeria will be fixed and government owned Universities will regain their lost glory

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by rayhnabs(f): 5:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
hustla:

Madonna University happens to be the worst private University in Nigeria .. and please stop spewing Lies..
I finished from the Mass Comm department with a 2.2 .. Since the inception of the school ( correct as at when i finished, only one student had graduated with a 1st class in Mass Communication. For a fact, in the Mass Comm department, 2.1 is more or less like a 1st Class, thats how rigorous it can be.

I remember going on IT in 200 Level and while writing news articles with students from other Polytechnics and Public Unis, I was the one proof reading their articles before being presented to the news editor. They had awful spelling errors and a very bad command of English.

I need not prove anything to you, just stop hating

lol @ worst..
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
I like this PRESSID initiative, nice one by the Federal Government. However, I personally wouldn't want to spend 5 years as an academic staff or in a research institute. It's not in my 5-yr agenda. I understand that it's giving back to the society and it's really nice. I don't know anyone who had been a beneficiary in the previous years. Most first class grads I know didn't bother applying for it, they are skeptical about the 5-yr service like I earlier stated. But thankfully, I have seen about 3 or 4 familiar names on this year's list. I have spoken to one of them and she said there's a way around it. Well, let them go and come back first, let's see if there's really a way around it. And that's if this new presidential administration even continues with the scheme. It is well with us all. We shall make it one way or the other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by ElDeeVee(m): 6:14am On Apr 24, 2015
SocialRecluse:
I like this PRESSID initiative, nice one by the Federal Government. However, I personally wouldn't want to spend 5 years as an academic staff or in a research institute. It's not in my 5-yr agenda. I understand that it's giving back to the society and it's really nice. I don't know anyone who had been a beneficiary in the previous years. Most first class grads I know didn't bother applying for it, they are skeptical about the 5-yr service like I earlier stated. But thankfully, I have seen about 3 or 4 familiar names on this year's list. I have spoken to one of them and she said there's a way around it. Well, let them go and come back first, let's see if there's really a way around it. And that's if this new presidential administration even continues with the scheme. It is well with us all. We shall make it one way or the other.
Trust me, there are many WAYS around it

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by hustla(m): 7:55am On Apr 24, 2015
rayhnabs:
lol @ worst..

Hmmm Profile picture just before Lydia hall
You might want to reply , Sending you a message now

grin

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 24, 2015
geezzzyy:

You guys always say this bullshit.. PRESSID is a federal competition.. How many FUTO students made the cut?
The right question should be, how many FUTO firstclass graduates are interested in PRESSID? Most of us from FUTO have better options.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by DangotePikin: 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
sifo:

One thing about Punch newspaper is that they do proper research before publishing any information on their website. You should read this article written by an editor of Punch. I am not saying you are wrong though! http://www.punchng.com/news/covenant-university-emerges-top-in-fg-scholarship-scheme/
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by sifo: 7:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
Marvinspeed:
I do believe private schools such as CU actually do help/encourage their students to pass. Like CU for instance where you do mid-semester test like 1month to exams which is about 20-30 marks and ur exams are 70mrks there is no way a good student will fail because deres nt much left to be taught b4 exams hence the high pass rates, whereas in a govt uni you don't do mid-semester tests, u do exams where its 100mrks straight(uniben students shuld knw wah I'm talking abt) and the lecturer tells u that "A" is for his mother/ancestors and "B" is for him then u struggle for the rest. angry

wow this is actually true. I just left secondary school and I am applying to covenant university because I want to be somewhere I'll be encouraged to pass, as you pointed out.
I dont know why public school teachers think its 'Fresh' when they fail you after your hardwork. Abeg i dont want.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
I don't like when people tell me that its harder to get into a public university than a private one. That doesn't validate anything.

Lol in case you didn't know, It easier to get into a top 100 University in the world than to gain admission to schools like UI. Now will you tell me that UI is better than all those universities?

I'm sure most of you that are ganging up on private unis now are planning for your kids to attend one. Because face it, our government has failed us in this education sector.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by umar4info(m): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
MacMaster01:

it's normally published for applications every August, for now just hope Buhari continues with the program.
I hope so but the program need to be revamped due to clear partisanship
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by MercyLady(f): 5:02am On Jun 04, 2015
Hi, i would like to know. Why do people look down or hate on first class graduates?
Sometimes, it is almost incomprehensible that the next person beside you or a neighbor is rating you down because you are a first class.
Even worse if you are a private university graduate.
Most people quickly point out practical skills as if it can't be acquired by any first class student.
We all know the good guys acquire special stills outside the classroom - which is not restricted graduates without first class.
They can't just believe you can graduate with a first class and also be practically equipped easily.
I believe first class students / graduates are not robots that can be evaluated within a short minute or just by observation.
Meanwhile, with the backing of good role models, personal development, financial support from loved ones, etc. a first class may also be the best candidate for a job both in terms of practical skills or whatever condition expected.
I have seen people who said and wrote that they intentionally doesn't want a first class grade.
I also believe the quality of education system should be reflected in the grades of the student.
In most of the top universities in the world, a high percentage of students gets good grades, distinction because all the things required to achieve that are effective and well utilized and organized.
Bad grades should not depict good quality but a questionable one.
Guys what do you think about this ?
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 20, 2017
Never saw this thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Joemiles6: 11:01am On Jun 25, 2021
https://naijaeduruns.com
check this out, very helpful site

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School / Jamb Registration Turns Bloody In Makurdi As 1 Person Said To Be Shot By Police / Ilawole Oluwafunmilayo Oluwseun, A First Class Economics Graduate Of UNILAG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.