Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:43 AM

Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment (51174 Views)

Abubakar Audu: Nigerians React To Accusation Of Rape / Pro Dr Ariyo Demonstration In Texas. PICTURES.. / Igbos Picket Dr Ariyo's Office Over Hate Comments - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by omonnakoda: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2015
meccuno:
you are not making any sense.....so if I feel you are a threat to my daughter where hausa igbo or yoruba you think I will give her to you? Dude......there are always reasons for action.....and don't believe every body would reason like u
You are not reasoning clearly. I am not talking about YOU or your DAUGHTER. We are discussing Chinua Achebe's hatred for the Yoruba. Your premise is that because his daughter married a Yoruba he does not hate Yorubas. I then gave you a historical example to refute that PREMISE.
Once again I gave you the example of King Saul who allowed his daughter to marry David even though he was plotting his death. We have the example of Delilah from the Philistines who married Samson just to destroy him.
We have no information in the case of Chinua Achebe whether he was an enthused or grudging father in-law.You assume the latter without evidence. Whatever the truth it tells us nothing and cannot tell us about Chinua Achebe's disposition toward Yoruba folk

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by tess22: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2015
From the comments on this site, as well as those on other sites, we can safely conclude that many Nigerians are tribalists. Luckily, most of us do not use our real names and so evade the consequences. While I do not condone Dr. Ariyo's comments, I think he is no different from many of us who have said hateful things about other tribes. Demanding that he be sacked (or his details passed on to the KKK, like some commenters posted on other sites) is quite extreme. All of us are guilty of tribalism.

I also want to point out that Dr. Ariyo did NOT call for the slaughter of Igbos. He only pointed out the pattern of behaviour from minority groups that lead to pogroms and genocide. As annoying as it may be, history is his witness.

The Igbo pogroms in the North started because Igbos were naive and disrespectful. They had been anti-Igbo sentiments which may have been out of jealousy due to the success of Igbos. But what made the Hausas to go berserk was the behaviour of Igbos after Nzeogwu's coup. As you know, Nzeogwu, an Igbo soldier, alongside his fellow coup plotters, killed predominantly Hausa and Yoruba politicians, and spared Igbo politicians. Among those killed were the Sardauna of Sokoto, a much revered leader of the Hausas. What did Igbos do afterwards, in the face of such injustice? Some of them went dancing and rejoicing, even composing songs about the murders. The Igbo leaders were silent, and Aguiyi Ironsi, the Igbo president at the time, did not punish the coup plotters. Predictably, the long standing animosity turned to rabid hatred which led to that horrible slaughter, and subsequently the civil war.

Dr. Ariyo's comments alongside that of the Oba and other Yorubas, should make our Igbo folks wiser. These people (your hosts) are not happy with your behaviour. Shouting "One Nigeria" is not enough. We have to learn to count our teeth with our tongue. This is the time to build bridges not walls, we are the ones who always suffer when our hosts get tired of us. Calling for harsh judgements against Dr. Ariyo (who doesn't have any power to influence attacks against Igbos) is one sure way of building walls. An Igbo adage says, "when a mosquito lands on your scrotum, you have to be careful". Not everything is to rushed at immediately. This is the time for Igbo sons and daughters to extinguish the flames of hatred which are fanned by overzealous and paranoid people. Let's learn from history to prevent a repeat of it.
May God help us become wiser.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 23, 2015
reborn1:

Do you know that i can do the same for you and that guy sunnybobo trying to bring that man down. I know both you guys all data and details plus place of work and can manipulate a post to make you look bad for your employers. You are trying to bring that man down but watch your back cos you have no monopoly of hurting people.

The doc has apologized and you still insist on bringing him down. Think bro.
stop making noise and condemn what that man said, if you are so good with hacking why is CBN still standing? Go and get a life.
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by soonest(f): 10:28am On Apr 23, 2015
naijaking1:

I am shocked someone deleted the first thready by babyosis 2 days ago, what a shame, because it showed that the moderator or Seun is not only sympathetic and supportive of Dr. Ariyo, but ready to cover-up the issue, except that other websites are pushing the issue to the commercial disadvantage of N/L.

I am very deeply disappointed, because after more than 10 years as a contributing member of N/L, I never knew someone would succumb to the primitive urge to censor a news item, no matter how unfavorable it might appear to him personally.

Today, we have Dr. Ariyo's lame rebutal, but where is the initial allegation posted by babyosis and which became like wild fire within a few hours?

If the original thread is not restored, how can we even follow this thread without getting the bigger picture?

Seun, please restore the original thread on Dr. Ariyo, to which he is currently responding, it's only fair and balanced.
Is Seun an igbo name or yoruba name? My dear that thread won't be restored, it's that bad
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 23, 2015
babyosisi:
https://www.change.org/p/texas-medical-board-investigate-a-dallas-based-cardiologist-dr-adeniran-abraham-ariyo-who-called-for-xenophobic-attack-against-igbos-the-way-foreigners-were-violently-attacked-in-south-africa?recruiter=15539952&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-no_msg

Keep the signatures coming please
Igwebuike

Go to the petition, you will see that well meaning yorubas and good people are signing this petition, no sentiments at all, its not a tribe thing but a wicked soul trying to see a tribe exterminated
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by guiddoti: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Gbam. Baby Hoesisi is a worthless rabble rouser. She's the resident bigot on nairaland . She's a never do well that hides her identity to spew tribal garbage on nairaland . A lot of this guys spewing garbage because of the unacceptable statements made by Dr Ariyo are just jealous of his achievement. How many of them can hold Dr Ariyo's jockstrap ?. He lives in Dallas and Texas is a concealed and carry state. He needs to do the needful to protect his family. 2nd amendment. I will kill to protect my family and I am not hiding my face like most of this worthless tribal jingoists who won't stop until they harm the man and his family. Enough is enough. Critizise the man and move.
How do you want us believe the picture is really you? who is jealous of dr? He should stand by what he posted on social media expect he is a cowardy.
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by oluks05: 11:20am On Apr 23, 2015
tess22:
From the comments on this site, as well as those on other sites, we can safely conclude that many Nigerians are tribalists. Luckily, most of us do not use our real names and so evade the consequences. While I do not condone Dr. Ariyo's comments, I think he is no different from many of us who have said hateful things about other tribes. Demanding that he be sacked (or his details passed on to the KKK, like some commenters posted on other sites) is quite extreme. All of us are guilty of tribalism.

I also want to point out that Dr. Ariyo did NOT call for the slaughter of Igbos. He only pointed out the pattern of behaviour from minority groups that lead to pogroms and genocide. As annoying as it may be, history is his witness.

The Igbo pogroms in the North started because Igbos were naive and disrespectful. They had been anti-Igbo sentiments which may have been out of jealousy due to the success of Igbos. But what made the Hausas to go berserk was the behaviour of Igbos after Nzeogwu's coup. As you know, Nzeogwu, an Igbo soldier, alongside his fellow coup plotters, killed predominantly Hausa and Yoruba politicians, and spared Igbo politicians. Among those killed were the Sardauna of Sokoto, a much revered leader of the Hausas. What did Igbos do afterwards, in the face of such injustice? Some of them went dancing and rejoicing, even composing songs about the murders. The Igbo leaders were silent, and Aguiyi Ironsi, the Igbo president at the time, did not punish the coup plotters. Predictably, the long standing animosity turned to rabid hatred which led to that horrible slaughter, and subsequently the civil war.

Dr. Ariyo's comments alongside that of the Oba and other Yorubas, should make our Igbo folks wiser. These people (your hosts) are not happy with your behaviour. Shouting "One Nigeria" is not enough. We have to learn to count our teeth with our tongue. This is the time to build bridges not walls, we are the ones who always suffer when our hosts get tired of us. Calling for harsh judgements against Dr. Ariyo (who doesn't have any power to influence attacks against Igbos) is one sure way of building walls. An Igbo adage says, "when a mosquito lands on your scrotum, you have to be careful". Not everything is to rushed at immediately. This is the time for Igbo sons and daughters to extinguish the flames of hatred which are fanned by overzealous and paranoid people. Let's learn from history to prevent a repeat of it.
May God help us become wiser.

Respect!

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by reborn1: 11:43am On Apr 23, 2015
[s]
CHESSBOARD:

Go to the petition, you will see that well meaning yorubas and good people are signing this petition, no sentiments at all, its not a tribe thing but a wicked soul trying to see a tribe exterminated
[/s]

Mumu, I can just put an Hausa name there in disguise of trying to condemn the man.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Blackfire(m): 11:57am On Apr 23, 2015
Femolacaster:
And the crying continues......................bunch of chestbeaters

did u schooled in eleyele secondary school, ibadan 96/97 set
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Lucasbalo(m): 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
guiddoti:
How do you want us believe the picture is really you? who is jealous of dr? He should stand by what he posted on social media expect he is a cowardy.
It's not my picture, it's yours village clown. Why don't you post your picture?. I live in Chicago and please tell your fellow circus barker in Chicagoland to come after me and see what will happen. Nothing will happen to Dr Ariyo after all your childish tantrum. He will still be a Cardiologist making a very good living. Like I said earlier on, the man was wrong . Critizise him but don't nail him to the cross. Bunch of hypocrites. All you need to do is listen to Radio Biafra and see the kind of venomous rants coming out against other tribes. Let it be. Fortunately, a lots of his friends and well meaning people in Dallas and forth worth area are coming out to support him. Your ring leader, Baby Hoesisi, also known as Baby Mama is the worst tribal bigot on nairaland. You guys should let it go.

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Lucasbalo(m): 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
seunmsg:
So all you haters from the east are still on this man's case. From needing just 1000 signature to 5000, still nothing as happened to the man. I guess your new target is now 10,000 signature. It is only stupidity that will make a person who stays in Nigeria think he can sign one useless online petition and that will lead to the withradrawal of the practice licence of a cardiologist of 25 years standing far away in Texas. If jealousy and bigotry doesn't kill some of you, nothing else will. You haters better go get a meaningful job and leave the doctor alone.
Gbam. This is not only about the man for the wrong thing he said. This is personal against a successful man they are trying to bring down. Bunch of people who have no spirit of forgiveness. Some fools even compare him to Hitler and invite Kkk. Wonder why. At the end, he will still be a cardiologist while his detractors can't hold his jockstrap.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Femolacaster(m): 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2015
Blackfire:

did u schooled in eleyele secondary school, ibadan 96/97 set
NOPE
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Ralphlauren(m): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

Smh!!

Ignorance and folly is truly a disease.

You surely do NOT understand how change.org works.

Anybody can fill in any name while signing the petition as the website does NOT verify the identity of whoever that signs any petition.

So it's so easy for an Ibo person to sign the petition using a yoruba name and vice versa. Duh!
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by guiddoti: 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
Lucasbalo:
It's not my picture, it's yours village clown. Why don't you post your picture?. I live in Chicago and please tell your fellow circus barker in Chicagoland to come after me and see what will happen. Nothing will happen to Dr Ariyo after all your childish tantrum. He will still be a Cardiologist making a very good living. Like I said earlier on, the man was wrong . Critizise him but don't nail him to the cross. Bunch of hypocrites. All you need to do is listen to Radio Biafra and see the kind of venomous rants coming out against other tribes. Let it be. Fortunately, a lots of his friends and well meaning people in Dallas and forth worth area are coming out to support him. Your ring leader, Baby Hoesisi, also known as Baby Mama is the worst tribal bigot on nairaland. You guys should let it go.
You are M U M U! I asked a question, you are just BRAGGING!

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Lucasbalo(m): 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
guiddoti:
You are M U M U! I asked a question, you are just BRAGGING!
Go get a life village masquerade.
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by guiddoti: 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Go get a life village masquerade.
ode! zulezu
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by juman(m): 6:45am On Apr 24, 2015
The igbos are confused people.

They should go back to their region and build their region.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by DInvertedHammer: 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
babyosisi:
When ever you get an eediot on the defensive
It's always a good thing
/
Don't mind all the chest-beating by people who have nothing to lose.

The purpose of the publicity of his xenophobic attack aimed at the Igbo people have been achieved.

Dr. Ariyo is now a sitting duck and has been silenced forever on issues of importance both at work and politics.

People do not understand why prosecutors interview acquaintances, colleagues, others in court cases. It helps them
build the character of the defendant. People who will benefit to this brouhaha are Dr. Ariyo's professional competitors,
patients (very litigious in USA, if I may add), his wife (in case he wants to file for divorce) and others too numerous to count.

It is not necessary to discuss issues of this importance on NL which is more of a platform for comic relief. I went into the listserv where
who-is-who of Nigeria that lives in USA/Canada are subscribed. Everyone there Yoruba/Igbo/Edo had their daggers drawn aimed at Dr.Ariyo
for the stupid comments.

Some may think that it does not matter. But I will take you down a memory lane:

Ambassador Adefuye (Nigerian Ambassador to Washington) ran to Nigeria in 2014 when the letter he wrote to Mrs. Waziri (EFCC Chairperson) was leaked. Mrs. Warida lost her position because of that saga. When Prof. Aluko (Current VC of Fed. University, Otuoke) thought he was
a xenophobic juggernaut, we went for him and the wife filed for a divorce. He stood to lose a lot, he had to send unreserved apology after the
details of the divorce and his medications were sent to the listserv. And the Yoruba doctor that took it to higher level under the goading of Aluko was sued by Emeka Ugwuonye (the Havard-trained lawyer that was representing Nigeria Embassy Washington) and a lien was put on his property and other things he worked for in USA for years to offset the judgment against him. The doctor's life was never the same. He died of stroke and heart attack. And where was Prof. Aluko to save his friend? Luckily, he took that VC position at Otuoke to salvage his life. I can go on and on about many Nigerians that have lost jobs at reputable companies like Boeing, Northrop Grumman, etc. for stupid statements that they make online. First thing first, a lot of Nigerians can be very envious for successful peers. Why a sane being will arm those fellows with stupid (xenophobic) comments to mess up his/her life amazes me. Some people in Nigeria do not even know that hiring companies scope the internet to check on potential employees. And after hiring them, they still snoop on them. But a third world country like Nigeria will know nothing of such. Yes! Stupid comments can ruin people's lives here in USA. But the knuckleheads that don't know their left from their right will come here and spew rubbish.

Is Dr. Ariyo going to lose his license over this? No! But he has put himself in a very precarious situation. You can log on to medical doctor's review online and see the kind of reviews he is getting. People are not smiling. Someone mentioned hiring an IT guy to clean it up. Well, that fellow should demand a full refund from whoever taught him IT. The only information hidden online is the one on your mind that is not typed and sent over the internet. All that is needed is a court subpoena and bingo! Some people are just learners.

I will continue to follow this issue till we extract the punishment that Dr.Ariyo deserves. It is a case of killing a fly with a hammer to ensure that it is dead and perhaps serve as deterrent to others. If you live in Nigeria, feel free to say whatever. But if you live here and have a lot to lose,
political correctness in all statements must be followed to avoid stories that touch the heart.

And the moderator that banned me, goodluck!

\

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by laudate: 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2015
superstar1:

What part of it is not sensible to you?

Have you not heard of hacked account, cloned cards and hijacked personality profiles?

I never believed the story for once. Whoever believed that story can also believe I own Muritala M'hmed Airport or National Stadium.

No professional with career to.protect will dare use his real profile for such condemnable and damning act.

The miserable soul that hijacked his account, capitalised on his open support for the Oba, and played on Igbos emotions as usual, to.sow more seeds of discord.

This matter get as e be, o!
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by laudate: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
DInvertedHammer:
Don't mind all the chest-beating by people who have nothing to lose.

The purpose of the publicity of his xenophobic attack aimed at the Igbo people have been achieved.

Dr. Ariyo is now a sitting duck and has been silenced forever on issues of importance both at work and politics.

People do not understand why prosecutors interview acquaintances, colleagues, others in court cases. It helps them
build the character of the defendant. People who will benefit to this brouhaha are Dr. Ariyo's professional competitors,
patients (very litigious in USA, if I may add), his wife (in case he wants to file for divorce) and others too numerous to count.

It is not necessary to discuss issues of this importance on NL which is more of a platform for comic relief. I went into the listserv where
who-is-who of Nigeria that lives in USA/Canada are subscribed. Everyone there Yoruba/Igbo/Edo had their daggers drawn aimed at Dr.Ariyo
for the stupid comments.

Some may think that it does not matter. But I will take you down a memory lane:

Ambassador Adefuye (Nigerian Ambassador to Washington) ran to Nigeria in 2014 when the letter he wrote to Mrs. Waziri (EFCC Chairperson) was leaked. Mrs. Warida lost her position because of that saga. When Prof. Aluko (Current VC of Fed. University, Otuoke) thought he was
a xenophobic juggernaut, we went for him and the wife filed for a divorce. He stood to lose a lot, he had to send unreserved apology after the
details of the divorce and his medications were sent to the listserv. And the Yoruba doctor that took it to higher level under the goading of Aluko was sued by Emeka Ugwuonye (the Havard-trained lawyer that was representing Nigeria Embassy Washington) and a lien was put on his property and other things he worked for in USA for years to offset the judgment against him. The doctor's life was never the same. He died of stroke and heart attack. And where was Prof. Aluko to save his friend? Luckily, he took that VC position at Otuoke to salvage his life. I can go on and on about many Nigerians that have lost jobs at reputable companies like Boeing, Northrop Grumman, etc. for stupid statements that they make online. First thing first, a lot of Nigerians can be very envious for successful peers. Why a sane being will arm those fellows with stupid (xenophobic) comments to mess up his/her life amazes me. Some people in Nigeria do not even know that hiring companies scope the internet to check on potential employees. And after hiring them, they still snoop on them. But a third world country like Nigeria will know nothing of such. Yes! Stupid comments can ruin people's lives here in USA. But the knuckleheads that don't know their left from their right will come here and spew rubbish.

Is Dr. Ariyo going to lose his license over this? No! But he has put himself in a very precarious situation. You can log on to medical doctor's review online and see the kind of reviews he is getting. People are not smiling. Someone mentioned hiring an IT guy to clean it up. Well, that fellow should demand a full refund from whoever taught him IT. The only information hidden online is the one on your mind that is not typed and sent over the internet. All that is needed is a court subpoena and bingo! Some people are just learners.

I will continue to follow this issue till we extract the punishment that Dr.Ariyo deserves. It is a case of killing a fly with a hammer to ensure that it is dead and perhaps serve as deterrent to others. If you live in Nigeria, feel free to say whatever. But if you live here and have a lot to lose,
political correctness in all statements must be followed to avoid stories that touch the heart.

And the moderator that banned me, goodluck!
\

The extent to which you would go, to ruin a person's career because of his misguided statements is interesting. I hope you would not talk the day the shoe is on the other foot, and an Igbo professional is being hounded by non-Igbos and brought to ruin, for his misguided statements on such non-Igbo people. undecided

I also hope that none of your folks will play the ethnic card, when the lives and professional destinies of such Igbo professionals, are at stake. shocked sad

Ozodi Osuji has written articles criticising the Igbo deeply. None of your fellow Igbo went as far as they have gone in Dr. Ariyo's case, to bring Osuji to book. Was it because Osuji was Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Lucasbalo(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
laudate:

The extent to which you would go, to ruin a person's career because of his misguided statements is interesting. I hope you would not talk the day the shoe is on the other foot, and an Igbo professional is being hounded by non-Igbos and brought to ruin, for his misguided statements on such non-Igbo people. undecided

I also hope that none of your folks will play the ethnic card, when the lives and professional destinies of such Igbo professionals, are at stake. shocked sad

Ozodi Osuji has written articles criticising the Igbo deeply. None of your fellow Igbo went as far as they have gone in Dr. Ariyo's case, to bring Osuji to book. Was it because Osuji was Igbo?
All the guys and ladies foaming in the mouths about Dr Ariyo are just wasting their time. Dr Ariyo is doing very well and will continue doing great no matter what they think about him. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by zimoni(f): 6:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
I believe the Doctor have learnt his lessons.

Case Closed. Lobatan.
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Lucasbalo(m): 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

If you or any of your immediate family member(s) died in Lagos anytime during the last election in Nigeria AND you are from East of the Niger, send your story with pictures to my pm.

Dr. Aroyo will be held accountable for full compensation to victims.

\
How are you going to do that. It will be very interesting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Jets Out To Germany - Picture / Yusuf Buhari To Be Transferred To German Hospital Over Brain Injury (Photo) / Tinubu's Massive Convoy (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.