Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment (50232 Views)

Abubakar Audu: Nigerians React To Accusation Of Rape / Pro Dr Ariyo Demonstration In Texas. PICTURES.. / Igbos Picket Dr Ariyo's Office Over Hate Comments - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by ugoezeik(m): 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
eCollynzo:
The man sounds like Fani Kayode. He will soon reel out a long list of Igbo women he dated (in his wet dreams) before marrying that white woman.
lolzzzzz wicked son nahim u b
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by manny4life(m): 4:10pm On Apr 22, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:

As far as I'm concerned it's a hacker. You want to drag him to court for what a hacker did, bring it on wink

I'm in IT dear. Don't tell me stories. You wonder why Anonymous is still anonymous? wink wink

Hacker? Lol..

Okay o... No one is dragging him to court, you're the one who said when he turns around and sue, I am sure that FB knows when users have been hacked. I am sure we have ethical hackers and forensic analysts who are more than willing to prove or not if his account was hacked grin grin grin... No wahala. Let us see how this plays out.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by BlackGirlsCode: 4:10pm On Apr 22, 2015
meccuno:
lolz....funny dude...the igbos in america are educated....many of them.....you think they are alaba boys? Even the alaba boys go to school......u can try your luck sha.....its america not Nigeria

No Nigerian group in America is uneducated.
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by BlackGirlsCode: 4:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
manny4life:

Hacker? Lol..

Okay o... No one is dragging him to court, you're the one who said when he turns around and sue, I am sure that FB knows when users have been hacked. I am sure we have ethical hackers and forensic analysts who are more than willing to prove or not if his account was hacked grin grin grin... No wahala. Let us see how this plays out.

Oh yea, you're dragging him to the state board huh, for what a hacker did? lol

I'll meet you here in two weeks.

Hope you're doing good in Texas tho. No HBP or stuff like that, I hope.
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by manny4life(m): 4:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:

I guess it will be a battle of the educated in a foreign land? grin grin

Let the group with the biggest purse win. grin

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by BlackGirlsCode: 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
manny4life:

I guess it will be a battle of the educated in a foreign land? grin grin

Let the group with the biggest purse win. grin

wink
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by meccuno: 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
LordExecutioner:

Achebe hated Yoruba and he never hid it.

and his daughter is married to a yoruba man? What amazes me is the level of ignorance.....I hate tribalist whether igbo yoruba or hausa....there is no harm in rooting for ur tribe but when u take to the extreme of hurting the other thru speech or action then we have a problem......go and read the book again if u haven't and stop this online ignorance

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Ozigbondu(m): 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
Allosaurus:

Done!
Number 4,535

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Allosaurus: 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
[quote author=Ozigbondu post=32995387][/quote]
Lmao! They even suggested I spread it on twitter and Facebook and I gladly complied. I just pray and hope these petitions yield a positive result and see that Ariyo is brought to book

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by omonnakoda: 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
meccuno:
and his daughter is married to a yoruba man? What amazes me is the level of ignorance.....I hate tribalist whether igbo yoruba or hausa....there is no harm in rooting for ur tribe but when u take to the extreme of hurting the other thru speech or action then we have a problem......go and read the book again if u haven't and stop this online ignorance
Was king David not married to Saul's daughter? You need to broaden your consciousness .It is too narrow
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by iiiyyyk(m): 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
LordExecutioner:

You can incite xenophobia indirectly.

When Achebe said, 'Awolowo and his Yoruba people killed three million yibhoes' (paraphrasing), that is xenophobia. Prejudice against people from other ethnicity.

Chai poor education. Thats Genocide.
Well for your information, nigerian goverment ( yoruba and hausa) commited genocide in igboland, Asaba to be precise.
Cowards that killed women and children.

Meanwhile, y is the mod removing the babaric comments made by the coward, and also links to the petition.

8 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by BlackGirlsCode: 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
If the man was very smart, he can even revert to this forum and specific threads in which tribal lords are begging people in Nigeria to sign the petition. wink
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by landinfo: 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:

I could say the same about your ultimatums wink

In Etisalat'z words: Now U are talking.......all na zobo for the rantingz wey no go pass ya ceiling house
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by lights: 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by nosike3(m): 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
reborn1:

Was the so called threat directed to you? Learn to use your brain before spewing trash. The collynzo i directed my message to understand it fully. You are just looking for attention.
The attention of a tribalist or a person defending the ranting of a supposed sane man asking for genocide of the igbo people? Please don't flatter and amuse me further! I own no man no tributary but if you think that I( the igbos) will be slaughtered and abused ; you're sleeping on Okada! A bad second hand Okada for that matter! grin yes I smile cuz you guys are funny!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by noskeybaba: 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
LordExecutioner:

Darling, if unchecked, yibhoe expansionism into the heart of Yoruba Kingdom with vengeance, is a threat to Yoruba culture and existence. That is basically what Dr. Abraham was talking about and I understand. It is not about today, it is about future generations. We all can co-exist peacefully with yibhoes keeping their part of the country, while Yoruba do the same.

You said you are not a sheep, but rather than read his comments with a clear head, to understand where he is coming from. You joined the bandwagon with herd mentality to label his opinions genocidal. He never called for anyone to be killed, he just questioned why yibhoes keep fighting Yoruba for Yoruba land, when they have got theirs. I support what he said and will always do. It was blown out of proportion.

I'm not a sheep. I'm a lion and I eat herbivores. Do you want to remain a sheep, or become a lioness? The choice is yours.

What do you exactly mean by the bolded?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Arysexy(m): 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:
If the man was very smart, he can even revert to this forum and specific threads in which tribal lords are begging people in Nigeria to sign the petition. wink

Ilekeh idi go to his fb wall and tell him na

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by reborn1: 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
lights:
I'm a pretty objective guy so I'm gonna admit that there are certain people who kinda get punished for saying things privately about other races e.g Police Officers, and that's because they hold guns and tend to be trigger happy when it comes to dealing with such people. So i kinda get what the fuss is about here, BUT the fact is this guy has been a doctor for like 25 years and if he didn't kill or harm any Igbos all those years so I'm pretty sure he's no danger to any of you.
But what really pisses me off is that this whole thing about calling his workplace and complaining about him is driven by sheer hatred and nothing else, admittedly by some of you its all about destroying him, then i ask myself why these people wanna destroy someone at a far away place from them for saying something which most of them have said similar about other tribes here.

And btw if what he said was a threat or call to harm anybody can you explain to me why your fellow Igbos are twisting his words and spreading it as this:

S-H-A-M-E-D!!!
RE: Igbos Must be Eliminated in Nigeria. - Dr Abraham Ariyo.
Call USA Govt, Texas Medical Board To Report Dr Ariyo's Genocide Messages NOW.

Is that what he said or is that what you people are claiming he said just to get attention to your obvious hate agenda?

You're not the victims here , your just as bigoted as this guy is and i hope someday you slip up and get in the same kind of trouble (although i doubt other tribes have this much hate to pick out a single MAN and target him for revenge or whatever the hell you hope to achieve)

God bless you. See them playing the victim card everywhere and doing like saint. Many of them here say worst things esp that old agbaya called BabyOsisi. I am yet to see where he promised to eliminate all Igbos, but they keep spreading falsehood just to play the victim card. They just want to bring the man down by force and nothing will happen to him.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by meccuno: 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:

I hope you know the names he mentioned as his seniors when he did his intern....I wonder why the dude I quoted was explaining how smart the yorubas are like as if smartness is attributed to a particular tribe....as I said....he should try his luck......america is not Nigeria....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by BlackGirlsCode: 4:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
Arysexy:

Ilekeh idi go to his fb wall and tell him na

Dear, once I log off of NL, una chestbeating no concern me. I'm all about making MORE dough wink
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by reborn1: 4:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
[s]
nosike3:
The attention of a tribalist or a person defending the ranting of a supposed sane man asking for genocide of the igbo people? Please don't flatter and amuse me further! I own no man no tributary but if you think that I( the igbos) will be slaughtered and abused ; you're sleeping on Okada! A bad second hand Okada for that matter! grin yes I smile cuz you guys are funny!
[/s]

Where did the doc promised to eliminate all Ibos? Who want to slaughter you bro. Stop playing this victim card, its boring.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by manny4life(m): 4:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:

Oh yea, you're dragging him to the state board huh, for what a hacker did? lol

I'll meet you here in two weeks.

Hope you're doing good in Texas tho. No HBP or stuff like that, I hope.

No one is dragging him to the state board. The Medical Board is a professional and ethical entity that regulates medical regulatory rules and procedures. There are protocols and no one is dragging him there: the online petition is a formal approach, a first protocol to get the attention of the board to investigate his actions. I am unfamiliar with their protocols on breach of professional code of conduct and behavior, but technically, if the online petition reaches a certain limit, they board may or not oblige their request. Most likely, they will. This is why I said this isn't a serious case because no advocacy group is involved. If there was one involved, this is NOT the story we will be telling today.

Haha, you will meet me here in two weeks? Lol, you got time. As for me, I want him to apologize and go and sin no more. Shikena.

Lol... I am doing GREAT by the grace of God...Why HBP? Are you taking style to swear for me? angry Biko, life is too good to be worried about trivial stuff that leads to HBP. Preparing for the summer activities, whew ... Can't wait. And my trip? Looking forward to it grin

6 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Godsonkemz(m): 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
You shud withdraw ur statement and tender apologies to igbos rather than denying it when the evidence is straight before you. You are such a harden criminal.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by meccuno: 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
Was king David not married to Saul's daughter? You need to broaden your consciousness .It is too narrow
meaning what exactly? David a man after Gods heart who was destined to be king and saul who knew this and was jealous and decided to kill david?? I don't know how broad you consciousness is but its exactly doesn't extol brilliance......was achebe fighting for any thing from the man he gave out his daughter to? Ur example is lame.....I know u read your bible,but it doesn't mean you understood what you read......

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
cao:

If unchecked? It's thinking like this that leads to greater chaos. The Yorubas are not the sole tribe that made Lagos into a great city, it was all tribes involved. You sound like the oyinbos in the past who applauded segregation with the usual excuse that God separated the continents, so they should be no mixing. Of course, they forgot that they went into our continent in the first place and then stole people to work on their cotton farms for free, but that's another story.

It's your kind of thinking of tribalistic interests and securities that become leaps into grandiose displays of hatred. Little movements eventually become irreversible canyons...You're merely a lion, who's misguided hatred has turned him into sheep, and you're now oblivious to your own folly. Your words time & time again have shown how you feel about Igbos. It truly is a shame that they're Nigerians, who would allow the irrational fear & hatred for other tribes to consume them wholly.

Comparing apples to oranges in different boundaries. Slavery was forced free labour but that never happened in Lagos. Dr. Abraham's words were in context of the Oba's venom towards yibhoes and I believe as a prince and heir to another throne, he understood where he was coming from.

Also, people from different continents are named after those continents for a reason. That is to shower ownership. No amount of integration/desegregation/globalisation can change that. I'm post-modernist and I'm outlook is bigger than being PC. That gives me insight into what people say, hence I can see the truth in what Dr. Abraham said...unlike you with herd mentality and an outlook that is tied to possessing the possessions of others.

Hate, wickedness, fear, insecurity, and bile are what make Yibhoes tick. I guess that is why as a lion, it is my responsibility to always call them to order by roaring at them.

I ask again: do you want to be a lioness, or do you want to continue as a sheep?
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by BlackGirlsCode: 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
lights:

If this were a case in a court, i sure as hell would love to see how you can convince a judge he 'called for a genocide against Igbos'.

Here's what a call for genocide looks like:

Igbos should be slaughtered, Abuja natives should attack Igbos, Igbos should be eliminated etc.

He might have made nasty comments about your tribe but he sure as hell didn't call on ANYONE to slaughter them.
Another example of someone calling for xenophobic attacks is in that video of the South Aftican nutjob talking about how he killed Gambians.

Now tell me this, if you actually succeed in getting this guy fired (which is the worst you can do, and I'm sure that still wont happen) does that make anything between the tribes in Nigeria better? There are worst bigots whom wish harm towards your tribe right there in Nigeria but ofcourse since you cant touch them you decided hey why not bring down a random guy here in the US just to feel good about ourselves huh undecided

Anyway do whatever the hell you want, and good luck with destroying a random mans life.

P.S to the Yoruba's here, you guys are really not taking this seriously! This is an attack of revenge against one of yours. Its like these people are trying to take all their unwarranted anger and hate out on this guy just to get back at your whole tribe (and ive seen some igbos say exactly this on the deleted thread).

Don't mind them. They think because 5,000 sign a petition means he's going to get fired.

The man, if this goes to med board, he needs to articulately defend himself in from of the board members. Illegally firing a BLACK man in any company is a big thing, it can turn back around to bite the board members per EOE. So many laws intertwined that bush Nigerians do not understand.

He's business will be just fine wink

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by landinfo: 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
omonnakoda:

Perfect Xample......it then meanz that Dr Ariyo should not use the XCUSE that hiz friendz are IGBOz, don't U think so ?.....Racistz in the worls say the same thing that Blacks are their no 1 friendz........

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by omonnakoda: 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
meccuno:
meaning what exactly? David a man after Gods heart who was destined to be king and saul who knew this and was jealous and decided to kill david?? I don't know how broad you consciousness is but its exactly doesn't extol brilliance......was achebe fighting for any thing from the man he gave out his daughter to? Ur example is lame.....I know u read your bible,but it doesn't mean you understood what you read......
Your point was that if a man allows you marry his daughter that is evidence he does not hate you . I just gave you an example and you are talking God. Your logic has been debunked and dismantled so find something else to say
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
delegiwa:

Pally, these kind of arguments will take us no where. Achebe's book never called for the killing of anybody. I read that book and even have a copy just like other books.

This man's utterances is wrong and should be condemned. I however don't see what losing his job will achieve other than making his hatred for my tribe more intense. Apart from that, his American wife and daughter will forever hate Ibos and the cycle will never end. I believe he just learnt his lessons. This will go a serve as a deterrant to anybody - Ibo, Hausa, Yoruba - to watch his/her utterances on social media and elsewhere.

Thank you.

And did Dr Abraham call for anyone to kill yibhoes apart from saying the natives might start doing what is happening in South Africa?

If you can term Achebe's vituperation as not being xenophobic, why are you condemning what Dr. Abraham said?
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by babestella: 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
nigmasses:
OBA IS RIGHT. IGBOS ARE NOT TRUSTWORTHY THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO THE EAST.

Nigerians have the right to live anywhere in the country, no one has a right to chase them around for any reason. What do you call co-exist when others tribes cannot live in other places? Yorubas & Hausa should come out straight and say we should divide and then UN will be called in to mediate in the process and we all go our separate places. The major part Lagos you shout so much about was built with Oil money, Abuja same, so now that all these is done you feel you now have a right to ask people to leave. I don't think you know the implication of what you are saying.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Pastor Ize-Iyamu Preaches At RCCG Parish, Benin / We Will Crush BOKO HARAM Within Two Months - Buhari / Sylvia Ekweremadu, Deputy Senate President's Daughter, In Lovely Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.