Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,658 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS (72237 Views)

The House Where Andrew Yakubu Hid Over N3bn And Its Surrounding (Photos) / Document Amalgamating Northern & Southern Nigeria Expired. / This Is The House Where Gen Buhari Was Born (photos) + Meet His Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
Too bad a significant piece of Nigerian history is being lost.
We pay little or no importance to our history.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by SeverusSnape(m): 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
dapipson:
Even in the grave? abeg use your mouth for better thing Bro so that it shall be well with you.
Okay
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by SeverusSnape(m): 9:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
klax:

Amen. Amen and Amen. And may God punish him more.
Very heartless man.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by SeverusSnape(m): 9:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
toyoutoyou:
Has it been well with u?
Yes, very well. But not with this country.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by SeverusSnape(m): 9:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
Sylverbox:
I guess ur prayers were answered long before ur birth...
I hope so...
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Akpan107(m): 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:

The oil is situated in our region, Will they allow us go...I hope Buhari succeeds in his quest for oil in the Chad Basin grin.
I tell you, it will never be business as usual after the handover...

We are taking what belong to us.
We are currenly producing 1.8 million barrels of oil per day (it has droped again)

we need 100% resource control! Anything less than that will be resisted!!!

4 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Noloss(f): 9:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
lionstone:
House where Lugard signed amalgamation of Northern Southern Nigeria needs attention

Dear Sir,
My name is Pelu Awofeso, travel journalist and publisher of waka-about .
In the light of the federal government’s plan to mark Nigeria’s centenary in 2014, we sent one of our writers on assignment to Zungeru, the historic town.
Among other landmarks, the tour brought her to the building , where Frederick Lugard supposedly signed the Amalgamation of Northern and Southern Nigeria on 1 January 1914.
We like the idea of a centenary celebration. if anything, it will help to unite our dear country even more. Already, there is a whole raft of centenary everything:centenary city, centenary slogan, centenary song, centenary logo/emblem, centenary lottery,centenary website.
But so far no mention has been made of Zungeru, Niger State, where Frederick Lugard actually signed the amalgamation into effect.

Zungeru should be the ideal CENTENARY CITY, a town that should be properly prepared ahead of the 2014 commemoration. I do hope this image will be published in your respected medium to draw attention to an unfairly neglected but significant town in our country’s history.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/letter-to-the-editor/124833-house-where-fredericklugard-signed-the-amalgamation-of-nothern-southern-nigeria.html
Is dis an house? An historic building indeed!
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Masterclass32: 9:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
coache:
Guys... I just finished creating a sophisticated time machine. It can go to the past and correct any error. So here's the plan......someone will go to the past and correct this amalgamation error for us......but I need a volunteer dat will go and represent us.
So house........any volunteer? Anybody is qualified.

YOU lead the way, afterall YOU invented it.

But seriously, while the amalgamation may seem to be a mistake of epic proportions, a monumentally humongous catastrophe (pardon my french), I still see the hand of God in it. It was not a mistake. That Nigeria is a mess at 55 yrs (counting from indepedence), does not mean she will remain a mess forever. Nigeria is yet to be glorified. Though it seems impossible now with all the tribalism, corruption and stuff, in the end we'll be like, "all is well that ends well". Naija no go break up.

I, for one wouldn't subscribe to one Nigeria. But now that we are in it, let's try and make it work.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by zendy: 9:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
So this is the house were the "fraud" known as 'Nigeria' was created by the British profiteer called Lord Lugard. The 1914 amalgamation was the single worst tragedy to befall my people the Igbos.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by fareed69(m): 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
ishiamu:

That's the fucking house he sold us to this yeye amajiris

E dey Pain you GagaO

U never come go break the bond

Ewu
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by dammytosh: 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:
That was where the great mistake of 1914 took place.

It shall not be well with Lugard.

Amen !!

No curse the guy.

@Ops , is dt where Orijin Was also discovered ?
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by favourelisha(m): 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
If u look at his face u'll know that he's a very mean and bad mentor,british colo-kwashioko who've vow to deep nigeria in to -to until they suck us dry like(sahara desert).
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by toyoutoyou: 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
It shall be well with u the more.
SeverusSnape:
Yes, very well. But not with this country.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by 1stola: 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
eagleeye2:

What of his wife?
She dey museum undecided
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Gbengard(m): 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
lionstone:
House where Lugard signed amalgamation of Northern Southern Nigeria needs attention

Dear Sir,
My name is Pelu Awofeso, travel journalist and publisher of waka-about .
In the light of the federal government’s plan to mark Nigeria’s centenary in 2014, we sent one of our writers on assignment to Zungeru, the historic town.
Among other landmarks, the tour brought her to the building , where Frederick Lugard supposedly signed the Amalgamation of Northern and Southern Nigeria on 1 January 1914.
We like the idea of a centenary celebration. if anything, it will help to unite our dear country even more. Already, there is a whole raft of centenary everything:centenary city, centenary slogan, centenary song, centenary logo/emblem, centenary lottery,centenary website.
But so far no mention has been made of Zungeru, Niger State, where Frederick Lugard actually signed the amalgamation into effect.

Zungeru should be the ideal CENTENARY CITY, a town that should be properly prepared ahead of the 2014 commemoration. I do hope this image will be published in your respected medium to draw attention to an unfairly neglected but significant town in our country’s history.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/letter-to-the-editor/124833-house-where-fredericklugard-signed-the-amalgamation-of-nothern-southern-nigeria.html

Frederick Lugard I pray thee you won't Rest In Peace. ... eleeeribu
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by SeverusSnape(m): 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
toyoutoyou:
It shall be well with u the more.
Thanks
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by jaysniggs: 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
dearpreye:

It's His will that stands; nothing happens without His notice.

God will bless you for that.

1 Like

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by peteruuu(m): 9:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
Oh yah wink.....i've been there several times bruh!!!

I even took some pictures there,though not on this present phone! but dammmmmmn ! the phone is spoilt cry
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by appini: 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
masterchi:
His manhood lives on.lol

Unfortunately he died without any living manhood.

Don't ask me why.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by SailorXY: 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
useless deal
how can the nonsense house be preserved when the nation itself is shiit
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by favourelisha(m): 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
@ dis post you are rigid,your benefit in this statement shows that your Lord wicked lizard,no matter how many decade british have rob this country ur ancestors are the judas iscariot of nigeria.But one thing is sure,God-win and rule the affairs of this nation.uote author=Masterclass32 post=33005872]

YOU lead the way, afterall YOU invented it.

But seriously, while the amalgamation may seem to be a mistake of epic proportions, a monumentally humongous catastrophe (pardon my french), I still see the hand of God in it. It was not a mistake. That Nigeria is a mess at 55 yrs (counting from indepedence), does not mean she will remain a mess forever. Nigeria is yet to be glorified. Though it seems impossible now with all the tribalism, corruption and stuff, in the end we'll be like, "all is well that ends well". Naija no go break up.

I, for one wouldn't subscribe to one Nigeria. But now that we are in it, let's try and make it work.[/quote]
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by menix(m): 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Amen!!!!!!!!!

Infact wiv his generationssssssssss...

3 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
Woe betide dat house... since it has inhibited the development of my people by joing immiZible elements together.....
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Ahmeduana(m): 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:

AMIN ONE MILLION TIME, THE MAN THAT JOIN ANIMALS WITH HUMANS
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by babajero(m): 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
Both luggard, niger state, 1914, and Nigeria should go to hell.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by amnesty7: 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
ishiamu:

That's the fucking house he sold us to this yeye amajiris
I think your 'orubebes' were drunk then.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Jman06(m): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
My dear brothers and sisters of the great land of the rising sun, please do not be deceived. Nigeria is not for us! Let's forge a common front and demand from the rest of the world that Biafra be actualized.
We can't continue to pretend like all is well in this hellhole called Nigeria.
Let's unite in purpose and push for the actualization of Biafra. Let's do it for our sake and for the sake of our unborn generations.

Biafra is our only hope!!!

2 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
appini:

Unfortunately he died without any living manhood.

Don't ask me why.
what a wasted life.

1 Like

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by hope4nigeria(m): 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:

he don die
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
Why is it difficult for Nigeria to maintain monuments that have to do with its history? I see no reason why that building is allowed to be that form. Till date the building in Philadelphia in the United States in which the country's Constitution was signed in 1776 is still being maintained. The chairs, tables and even the pen and ink container are still intact.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Masterclass32: 10:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
God bless Nigeria. The destiny of this great nation shall not be cut short. It will shine forth to the ends of the earth.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by wtfCode: 10:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
that bumbling basta.rd!!
God go punish him 4 grave where he lies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Allow Me To Rest, Eat Amala And Sleep, Work Will Continue Tomorrow - Bola Tinubu / Atiku, Saraki, Bow Down, Hug Obasanjo At Island Club In Lagos - Photos / Nnamdi Kanu Reveals 9 States To Follow Biafra After Referendum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.